Create Account

S54 PT #5 - Parent's Day

Luffy Richard here, ready for another small bit of homework. When I first started playing hockey, at the tender age of in-utero, my father used to mutter "that boy ain't right," because he couldn't understand why any Latino would like the cold. He forgets we are also French Canadian. He didn't stay for practices and worked a lot, so he missed plenty of games. Kind of like the Dad from Hook.

But during the games he did attend, he was the loudest parent at the rink. I think this had a psychological effect on the other teams who had to cover their ears instead of playing or risk losing their hearing. Luckily for me, my ears were used to the bombastic encouragement that my father would grace everyone with. I was on some terrible teams growing up, but that never mattered to my pops. He was just happy to see me compete for something other than lowest grade in my class. It's weird how I used to get in trouble for reading in class. I thought teachers loved when kids read on their own.

This past weekend, I got my pops a couple of father themed shirt. He gets a kick out of wearing nerdy or fandom shirts. He likes dragons, so I got him one with a cartoon dragon, and a Star Wars shirt because he just finished watching them all. It was a good time. I'm glad the team scored a bye-week so I could help him grill.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

NSFL PT

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

[Image: burlokdad.jpg]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

As a young player who was only just been drafted as a teenager into the SHL in season fifty four, Mats Marner is no where near becoming a parent or even getting married yet. However, marner would have never been able to make it is to where he is today if it was not for his single mother who raised him in Ukraine. She took on the task of being both parents for Marner and worked extremely hard to provide her son a better life and give him the necessary means to travel over seas to live out his dream of playing professional hockey in the mecca of hockey in North America. After signing his three million dollar entry level contract, Marner wanted to surprise his mom with getting her house in Newfoundland so that she can have a place to call her own in Canada and watch Marner play in the SMJHL for the next couple of seasons. She was over the moon happy that Marner not only got her a house but also the opportunity to be around her son a lot more often.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

[Image: jj9MDEW.png]

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: BS2uh9PCIAAzi9S.jpg]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

What did Justin Keahi do for Parent's day? Nothing. One of the things that Keahi learned from his dad is to put much effort into holidays. If you need a holiday to remind someone they matter, then you should evaluate why you don't put more effort into showing that appreciation more throughout the year. Keahi's mom doesn't hold the same view, so it causes a bit of strife between Keahi and his mother. Typically he'll try to get her a card or some flowers, but never anything more. Though this one time he forgot to get anything, so there was a week where his mother didn't talk to him. Justin didn't care much, meant more quiet over that week. All his dad ever really needs is a happy birthday or a happy parent's day, though small gifts like a new hat also work for the different holidays over the year.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Well I hate for this to have such a sad tone but my player is neither a parent, nor does he have living parents in his story. For those who have not read my media, my player came from a difficult family with an overpowering and alcoholic father and a very sweet but submissive mother. In the storyline Knox was able to pay off his Dad to leave him alone and resume his hockey career without issue. Knox however got a head of himself and essentially abducted his mother from his father's home. This led to a massive mistake as people who Knox's father had gotten in trouble with, the criminal kind, came looking for Knox's dad. Little did Knox know that his Dad was planning to take his Mom back and during the scuffle both his Dad and Mom were murdered by the criminals that were after his Dad. Heartbroken, Knox has now taken it upon himself to seek revenge, and you can read all about it in my ongoing media series.

175 words

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

PBE PT

[Image: Jepox.gif]

anrijs asts have already two kids while he is 18 and a half years old. he have twin boys named Jeremy and Lucas. they are both only one year old. anrijs asts had his kids already when he was 17 years old with his fiance Jamie which is 21 years old now. so his kids are really small and can't really congratulate him
he congratulated his parents though and gave them both gift card to spa salon - for each parent in 5000 dollars worth. he had smjhl game in parents day and they parents were watching and he just played well and got assist so parents day were good in general. he is not from family who really celebrates every holidays so it was pretty much the same day as every day else so nothing special happened. at the end of the day they had family dinner at their family house at Colorado and next day went to next smjhl game
161 words

[Image: QqjQFxx.png]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

I feel that I've explained this sometime before, but my player happens to be second generation in the SHL and his father happens to be his general manager. It's a whole thing, you may not have heard of them honestly.

So for the day, my player has become a parent recently but considering they're an infant it's unlikely they're going to be giving him anything. Jax would get his father something, but Jakub is of the mind that you don't do anything for father's day really. He would rather Jax focus on himself, spend money on himself and his family. The ultimate gift is to see his son happy, and so nothing else ultimately could meet that bar.

We did, however, buy for my mother and got her some totes from thirty-one. They were lovely, had her initials on them and was a nice gift for her to carry in her car.

It was a small day, we didn't do much because of the events of the world as you know it. However, it was lovely to get to talk to them, see them for a moment, and hopefully we get to do it again soon.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Niccolo Livius is not a father currently and likely is a few years away from that manifesting itself. However he does have a close connection with his own father. Bernardo Livius is a proud Italian and lover of history. His focus is on the pre and early renaissance Italy. A period of intense political rivalry and change in the Italian peninsula. For fathers day Niccolo could not be with his father but did his best to make the occasion special by sending him a Urbano Monte map of Italy. Monte was a Milanese cartographer from the period of time Bernardo loved the most. This beautiful copy of one of his Italian maps features classical themes, such as the Scylla between Sicily and the boot of Italy. It also attempts to explain the political web of the day through creative means... Something that would preserve his head if Milan's government changed as it did numerous times in his life.

His father loved the gift.

PBE Affiliate PT

NSFL

[Image: capybar22_600.png]