Create Account

S59 PT #3 Free Agent Pitch

Buffalo has a little bit of everything, and should be one of the top destinations for any free agent in my opinion. The Stampede have been one of the best teams in the league over the last few seasons, with a cup win in season 55, and deep runs into the playoffs in almost every other season since the switch to FHM. Buffalo is always cleaning up at the awards show as well, so if personal glory is something that speaks to you, we can make that happen here. But what really separates the team from others is the fact that Buffalo has the best locker room in the league. Even while being a primarily north american locker room, it is active at all hours of the day, despite what some people will joke about in #deadlr. It really is one of the coolest group of people I can think of in any sim league, and we are always looking for new people to join in on the fun!

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

PT pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

The Toronto North Stars are a premium free agent destination. For one thing, they are one of the top teams in the conference, if not the SHL. They play in the toughest division in the league, so if there are free agents that are motivated by the challenge of high competition, than this conference is the place for you. The Challenge Cup champion has come out of the Great Lakes and with good reason. The division is a grind and prepares teams for tough competition that they'll face in the post season. So why Toronto instead of Chicago, Hamilton, or Buffalo? Simple, those teams are on the downward trend and Toronto is ascending! The North Stars board a roster full of actives at every position outside of backup goalie (rip Honks & Juni). Outside of Carpy, no one in regression yet. This team has a bright future and the appearance in the S58 conference finals was just the tip of the ice berg for what this team can accomplish.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 12:31 PM by leviadan.)

Howdy pard'ner! Look, we all know that Texas is a great up and coming young team. We've cultivated a winning culture and are coming off a deep playoff run with a Presidents Trophy win. I don't need to sell you on the on-ice product. We're a great team to play for and the results speak for themselves!

But off ice? Buddy have I got great news for you! You're a professional hockey player-- so there's a better than 90% chance that you're a rich, white, cis man! And if you're moving to Texas, that's great news! All of those traits fully insulate you from the deeply horrendous politics of the area! You can easily ignore the absolute shit-gremlins that run the state because you can live on a multi-million dollar ranch with a backup generator! Your daily whims will be catered to by the spineless cretins in office because you've got money to throw around! Hell, you get paid 600k a week just for Tweeting! If you think that can't buy you a private lane for the highway that leads to the arena then you're deeply overestimating the moral compass of the utter flesh trash that calls itself a senator! Who cares what collateral damage closing a major portion of that highway causes? That's for poor people to deal with, and that's not you!

So you should come to Texas for both the amazing young hockey team, and the ability to exploit, consequence-free, the sad pile of wet leeches that make our policies!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

PBE Affiliate PT +3 TPE

Code:
Written task: This offseason will see an expansion draft, which should presumably mean that teams will have a few more spaces to fill and a bit more cap to play with. That being said, free agency might be a bit more exciting than usual. Write a general pitch to free agents to tell what your team/city offers.

The Edmonton  Blizzard is a phenomenal destination to choose for a team to play for in the SHL. We have consistently made the playoffs and have one of the best fanbases in the entire league. Each one of our forward lines has an offensive threat so each time we hit the ice there's always a chance to get on the board. This past offseason we improved on our blue line and upgraded in net (not having a $12M cap penalty this season sure helps!) The management team also added to our prospect pipeline by bringing in promising young talent to ensure the  Blizzard have a bright future coming down the road.

Our LR is filled with funny, helpful and overall great people who care about you and want you to have the best career you possibly can. I have been a player in Edmonton my whole career and it will be bittersweet once I decide to hang up my skates and bid farewell to the city of Edmonton. I have nothing but praise for the city, fans and organization in Edmonton.

(181 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

This is my first season in the beautiful city of San Francisco, so can only comment on a few things about the city. The scenery is to die for with the ocean views and rolling streets. The architecture is spectacular as well and every person I have met in the city has been kind and inclusive to a new comer! As for the team I feel we have one of the best young cores in the SHL and we are all building chemistry together to compete with each other for many seasons to come. I believe our coaching staff is one of the best, consistently helping us to grow and achieve the goals we want to as players in this league. The lads in the locker room are also second to none! Friendly personally, big team players but not scared to crack a joke or throw some banter around. It is an exciting future and adding some good cultured players would only bring us from strength to strength.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

Anaheim - part of the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Place, were some hockey happens, mostly warm climat all year long. Anaheim is the second-largest city in Orange County in terms of land area, and is known for being the home of the Disneyland Resort, the Anaheim Convention Center and, of course, Anaheim Outlaws. City, where you can rest, get in your lambo, drive to nearest parking near park and have good night sleep, sometimes engaging into fights with some racoons and homeless people. Of course, it could be a bit harder to run hockey arena do to maintanance, but still worth your time and money and it would be heathly concurent to Anaheim Ducks.

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone

San Francisco is a prime destination for professional athletes, with prime amenities, a bright temperate climate, and gorgeous geography. In addition to this, San Francisco is on the upswing as a competitive hockey club in the SHL, as a massive youth movement begins to swell the ranks. A long-term plan is in full effect, and the fruits of a patient management have paid off, with the team growing on the ice every week, as well as a robust and friendly atmosphere off the ice in a great locker room. The expansion draft comes at a perfect time for the Pride, who have many assets automatically protected as prospects, and will likely not lose nearly as much as the more immediately strong competition. This means the gap will be closed even further between the top teams of the SHL and the Pride come S60, and with the bulk of the Pride's players being active S53's or younger, they look to be a growing threat to be a top team of the West for an extended period of time.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

I can't speak as to what it is like in other locker rooms across the league but if you are looking for a fun locker room that is active and has literally no drama at all, then Edmonton is the place for you. Everyone is nothing but supportive, and there is just a light easy going atmosphere.

This team just had a monster off season with a strong draft which will complement the already strong core of players for seasons to come. Edmonton has the record for most consecutive post season appearances which is still active and it doesn't look like it will be ending any time soon either.

Not only does the team just exude success in the standings, but players also excel to their full potential on this team. If you are a player looking for build help, we have the legendary TommySalami who's input is invaluable.

I haven't even touched on branding, but the Blizzard's winter fox is hands down the best logo in the league and our colour scheme is second to none

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

When it comes to pitching a free agent I truly believe that the Los Angeles Panthers have plenty to offer. Let's start off with the city of Los Angeles itself, first of all, you're on the ocean so you have a multitude of choices that involves beaches and water sports. Next up on the list of benefits is the fact that Los Angeles is a gigantic city with a rich history and is home to the stars, so there is an endless amount of events you can attend with celebrities, or just overall amazing concerts and entertainment galore. Then we need to talk about the team, we have an amazing group of players in the locker room that will offer competitive gameplay and friendships for life. We have a stellar management team that cares about you as a person first, and a player next. We are on the edge of glory and want you to help us take this team to the finish line and win the cup. The fact of the matter is that there is no better option than LA, so come on down and be a Panther!

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

Edmonton has a great winning culture. Most teams are content to shoot their shot for 1-2 seasons, rebuild for a couple, then try again, but not Edmonton. There are no "off" seasons in Edmonton. Every loss hurts, every win is expected but still celebrated. It's not just a push from the upper management either, the entire team from the bottom up has bought in and is ready and willing to do their part to win. All the way from prospects to veteran first liners/GMs, everyone is contributing to bringing the cup back to Edmonton. The team is looking great right now, the prospect pool is great and protected from the expansion draft so you know this team is going to be at the top for a very long time. If you want to compete for a cup consistently for your entire career and be part of a locker room that is committed to the cause, Edmonton is the place for you.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

[Image: Pkezjf4.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

There are so many reasons why the Syndicate should be the number one free agent destination. Not only is Chicago a beautiful city packed full of culture and history, as a multi-million dollar hockey player there's also so much to do. You could spend your whole life there and still not have seen all that there is to see. It helps too that the team itself is among the top teams in the league and will undoubtedly be competing for the Challenge Cup for years to come, especially going into the next season since they'll be free from the clutches of the Great Lakes division. Even without all this though, Chicago has a huge advantage that no other teams have, the people in the locker room. When you first join you'll immediately be welcomed by "hellos" and "leeg wens" from the whole team. Following this the locker room will always be a place full of friends to talk to, people to hang out with, and pet pics to aww at. In the words of the late great Frank Sinatra, Chicago is my kind of town, Chicago is my kind of people too.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

My pitch would be centered around the music and culture of the city of Atlanta, which often permeate the culture at a national level. This traces back almost two decades, going back to Kriss Kross, TLC, and Monica, but really accelerated in the mid 2000s with the rise of Outkast and Usher and Ludacris - national megastars. anyone around my age should've been loving these artists in middle school, right as they hit their peak national fame. even since then the influence has grown, reaching another peak around 2009/2010 with Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka Flame, and in another lane B.o.B. and T.I. But it hasn't stopped there, with the new decade bringing new stars like Young Thug and Gunna and Migos - but above all, who could possibly forget Trinidad Jame$!!! Not me, that's who. The tv show Atlanta is another testament to the incredible cultural capital constantly flowing out of the city - anyone who wants [proximity to] cultural influence should be looking to Atlanta as the #1 spot to be, especially if they have good taste

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway