Create Account

Why an Appeals Committee is the Right Course of Action

08-25-2021, 01:25 PMMerica Wrote: Am I still understanding correctly that is the only time the Owners have done this? I’ve yet to see other examples, or a pattern of behavior that would indicate they are biasedly  making judgments.

I could be wrong, I’m not being snarky here, I’m genuinely curious.

Only other one that comes to mind is owners removing the ability for J HO to rule on conduct (which they never had the ability to do to begin with)

Outside of that its mostly 2 yr old Hamilton hatred, and gms being pissed trickling down. Rule was broken, everyone knows the rule was poorly though through (even HO) and the owners ruled as such. HO did what they should and rule off the specific rule book and owners stepped in and said the rule was poorly implemented.

Would other processes be better? Probably. Could consistency be improved? For sure.

08-25-2021, 02:58 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
08-25-2021, 01:25 PMMerica Wrote: Am I still understanding correctly that is the only time the Owners have done this? I’ve yet to see other examples, or a pattern of behavior that would indicate they are biasedly  making judgments.

I could be wrong, I’m not being snarky here, I’m genuinely curious.

Only other one that comes to mind is owners removing the ability for J HO to rule on conduct (which they never had the ability to do to begin with)

Outside of that its mostly 2 yr old Hamilton hatred, and gms being pissed trickling down. Rule was broken, everyone knows the rule was poorly though through (even HO) and the owners ruled as such. HO did what they should and rule off the specific rule book and owners stepped in and said the rule was poorly implemented.

Would other processes be better? Probably. Could consistency be improved? For sure.

Got it. Sounds to me like the response to this has been quite over exaggerated then.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

08-25-2021, 03:51 PMMerica Wrote:
08-25-2021, 02:58 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Only other one that comes to mind is owners removing the ability for J HO to rule on conduct (which they never had the ability to do to begin with)

Got it. Sounds to me like the response to this has been quite over exaggerated then.

Look, im on Hamilton so bias there for sure, i think the second round pick was soft, but the owners made the right call (at least some HO members agree with this as well afaik)

should some type of committee exist for appeals as infidel wrote about? I do think that would be helpful just because there are so few active owners but its not broken like people are saying.

08-25-2021, 04:18 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
08-25-2021, 03:51 PMMerica Wrote: Got it. Sounds to me like the response to this has been quite over exaggerated then.

Look, im on Hamilton so bias there for sure, i think the second round pick was soft, but the owners made the right call (at least some HO members agree with this as well afaik)

should some type of committee exist for appeals as infidel wrote about? I do think that would be helpful just because there are so few active owners but its not broken like people are saying.

i dont really want to contribute to this discourse but i just wanted to say that i really love your SHL Player showcase sig and im very jealous of it everytime i see it.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]