Create Account

S63 PT #2: Dress to in Press

Prompt 1:

Sven was chosen to do a "prank" interview with his fellow teammate, Pasta the Turtle. He figured that he would be able to get Pasta all worked up about animal rights or speciesism in the SHL, since he'd heard and read Pasta's views on these damn near everywhere lately. Pasta had always been pretty vocal about Sven's time in the Junior leagues as a Whaler, so Sven knew that was the easiest way to get it started. He approached Pasta (disguised, of course) and lead with some pretty routine questions on the start of his season, the outlook of the team, etc., etc. Then he finally got into the thick of it: he asked Pasta if teams with animal mascots such as the Whalers or Wolfpack should be allowed in the league. Pasta instantly got more spirited and started the "you don't have a team called the Humans" rant, and just kept on going and going and going. Sven eventually set down the microphone and walked away, but he heard later that press conference ran for three hours.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

163 words
If I’m going to pick a press conference to crash for the best content, it would 100% be Puddles O’Duck. Evgeni Petrov is the best at disguises, according to Evgeni Petrov, so he’s going to come in and ask the hardest hitting stuff. It would start out first as fairly generic stuff, asking about the game and stuff, but then I’d ask why Evgeni Petrov won “Duck of the Year” over him and if he’s starting to fail as a Duck. This would probably make him get really aggressive and when he gets aggressive he starts to froth at the mouth, its kind of funny. He’d start getting really angry with Evgeni and probably insulting him in a really silly way because Puddles is really nice, but then when the grand reveal happens he’d turn beat red in embarrassment and start laughing because of the absurdity of the entire situation. The video would go viral and bring a lot of attention to Atlanta.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

The first week of the S62 regular season is not behind us, and it does not look very glamorous for the Calgary Dragons. The Dragons sit at dead last in their division, and third last in their conference. Despite announcing the end of their rebuild, the results are not there. Luukas Lilja is here with us today to answer the foremost questions for us

So, Luukas, how has the season started out in your opinion?
Well, not the greatest but not the worst either. We did not expect to be able to be the top tier, after our goaltender Cale Amundsen departed from Calgary to Toronto, so we had a massive hole in the goalie department. Luckily we were able to fill it out, but as it turns out, after the first week, it was great, but not the worst either. Like I have said numerous times before, just watch and learn. The last few seasons the Dragons have started out slumping hard but have reached the top-2 spot in their division countless times. It is all just a matter of time now

You talked about the goalie department not being on its best shape, is there another department that is lacking in your opinion?
Right now out skaters are not the issue. The issue currently is the right parity, with right players playing with the right players, we can accomplish great things. Right now we just have to find out those synergies in practice, and make great use of it towards our games in the regular season.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

PROMPT 1

For Binder's interview infiltration, he will first don his best groucho mustache and get out his old pair of those cup stilts that everyone played with as kids (not like actual stilts, but those sweet plastic cups with the cords tied to them that you hold onto to help walk). While under the disguise no one could ever see past, his first target is Leppy.
"Leppy, I've heard you had a run in with the head of Fantasy lately, care to give us any insight on that?"
"Oh uhhhhhh yeah I don't know, I made a joke on him not updating Fantasy and he got really mad. Not really sure what happened but uhhhhhhh yeah just gotta keep doing what we do best and things will come out on top."

Binder's next target is the team's GM and one of their top defensemen, Otter.
"Otter, Atlanta has seen a big swing of results here this season with not too much changing in the offseason. What's your take on this?"
"Oh well yeah uhhhhh you know we just keep getting pucks in deep and doing what we do best, pucks will eventually bounce our way and uhhhh yeah."
Binder isn't sure what he expected since he knows that all hockey players answer all interview questions the exact same.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

As Igor gets ready to get on the ice for game day practice, he hears his teammate, First-Name Last-Name is going to get the tap for the days interviews. He just came off a great performance the night before, so of course he's getting the chance to talk to the media.

Igor, knowing that he'll never get in that room unnoticed, due to his thick, luscious mustache, hires a local actor to fill in as the role. He gets this guy press privileges and gives him a secret ear piece so that Igor can feed him the information needed. His back story is that he's Jean Ralph Macchio, writing for the online blog "Forged by Ice".

Here's a few snippets from the interview:

JRM: First-Name, you just became the first person in the SHL to marry yourself. Who was invited to the wedding? Did anything raucous happen there? Anything inappropriate we should know about?
JRM: First-Name, your teammate, Sam Michode or Chode, how small of an impact has he made this season?
JRM: First-Name, who is your favorite antipode on the team?
JRM: First-Name, why does Kirkby like to Rex B-Holes?
JRM: First-Name, any special kisses for special men?

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

This is fun to do. The media is so toxic nowadays and sometimes can be over the top. I would say that that I will be pranking brickwall. It seems to be the right think and ask him how did he let so many in. Them say lol jk it's your buddy asking you how awesome you are as our goalie this year and how fun it is to keep you safe. It's fun to see how awesome you have been so far this year and the improvements we have made as a team. And how the media can't say a bad thing about us at all. I think that I'll be the positive one who says how awesome we have been playing and go on and on about how cohesive this team is and how at the end of the year how bad it's going to be to have to rebuild let's go grizzlies.

161 words

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Prompt #2:

The Reporters huddle together, eagerly awaiting Daniel Merica Jr. to arrive, the sexiest, handsomest man in all the SHL. He finally comes out, t-shirt exposing his ripped physique and tattoos, a backward hat completing the look. He takes his seat, and smiles to the crowd.

Brian Drooples:
- Daniel I think the biggest question I have is what kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use? And hair product? It’s immaculate.
Daniel Jr.
- Great question Mr. Drooples. I use Head & Shoulders, it really softens it up, girls can’t keep their hands out of my hair, it’s like a magnet. For product, gotta go with crew, it gives it that nice not too shiny look, and holds it together well.

Hansel Ramrod:
- You’ve been in alot of cities since making the move to the SMJHL. Anaheim, St. Louis, Winnipeg and now Buffalo. Which city has the best party life and women?
Daniel Merica Jr.
- Love it. Well, they all have their parks, but I’d say party wise…Anaheim. Them cali girls know how to get down. Women wise, gotta say Buffalo, the women up here just mean and straight to the point, exactly how I like it. Worst is definitely Winnipeg, and not because I’m biased and want their GM fired.

Erica LongLegs:
- *blushing* Not relevant but I’m single and from Manhattan. You were spotted with Instagram thot and former college hockey goalie Mikayla Demaiter last weekend, are you two serious or this just a fling?
DMJR:
- Also not relevant, I have a nice homestand coming up. *winks*. It’s just a fling, we see each other whenever we’re in town, but it can be hard to work around her only fans schedule, she has alot of simps to keep Simping.

Words: 296

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Prompt 2

Sarah Burke called to answer some questions from the media

You just signed an extension with Los Angeles, not long after being traded to the team from Winnipeg. How was that whole process?

During the early trade talks I was a little nervous, especially since I was asked if I would be willing to play in another position as part of the deal. But since day one this team has been amazing to me. It feels like I've found a real home in the league, so signing the extension was a no brainer.

Speaking of your position switch, how are things going on the more offensive side of the puck?

The transition was smooth. I still try to keep my defensive skills sharp, but now I also get more opportunities to put the puck on net and help with some big plays. It can be a challenge at times, but I'm happy to put in the work where it's needed.

How does the future look for the Panthers?

I think it looks pretty bright - we've got a lot of young players coming up big together and I think we can only get better going forward.

[195 words]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Link

INTERVIEWER: Lias, thank you for taking the time to speak with us today, I know you're having a very busy sophomore season in Nevada.

LEG: No problem at all, always happy to talk about hockey.

INTERVIEWER: Right, of course. So let's start out with the basics; how are you feeling about this season?

LEG:  Great so far. We're really putting some good games together out there, seems like we're really clicking this year.

INTERVIEWER: You started the season out on the first line with Conner Snooks, but he's moved around a little since that first stretch of games where it seemed like the two of you really had some chemistry. Is it challenging to find that same chemistry with different linemates?

LEG: Uh, well, I guess, yeah. I mean, it's not like we got bad or anything playing together, I think we just ended up figuring out in practice that for some of these games the two of us probably have some potential to spread some of that puck luck around, so it's cool to try new things with new people.

INTERVIEWER:  So this has nothing to do with the recent information that's come out about some activities on a golf course?

LEG:  Uh. I already apologized for the golf cart thing, and we paid for the damages. I don't know what else to say there. It's not affecting my hockey at all.

INTERVIEWER:  I was more referring to the-

LEG:  Wow look at the time, thanks so much for taking the time to talk to me, I have to get to practice.

The Battleborn practice tomorrow morning. Good luck to Lias and his teammates the rest of the season!

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
PROMPT 2- Maybe the social media team went with someone with a little more personality than you...

Written Task:  Play out an interview with your player and the press. You can switch between bold/italics and regular text to differentiate between the two parties involved. Ask any questions you think are relevant, it could be about a certain game, season, cup win, whatever you choose. Include your player's answers to the questions (150+ words).

A lot of rumors in the off-season that you were going to head up to Seattle, is there a reason you didn’t?

I feel responsible for my teammates and management in Vancouver. It is my home, where I started and it is where I wanted to be. I knew there wasn’t going to be much success this season, but it was more important to develop the locker room and help grow the new guys coming in. I have been fortunate enough to win a championship here. It was an incredible season and being the Captain of the team is something that is a massive honor to me.

So are you staying in Vancouver all season?

That is up to the management. I am more than happy to stay here and finish out the season. If they feel they can get a good return for me, there would be no hard feelings if I were traded away at the deadline.

Then it must be Seattle next year?

It appears that way, I can’t wait to join the team. They are on the rise, and I hope I can be the one that pushes them over the edge. There will be a spot likely opening up, and hopefully I can step right in and compete for the Rookie of the Year.

Answer word count: 182

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Quote: Play out an interview with your player and the press. You can switch between bold/italics and regular text to differentiate between the two parties involved. Ask any questions you think are relevant, it could be about a certain game, season, cup win, whatever you choose. Include your player's answers to the questions (150+ words).

Dennis Wade: Hello Mr Boeck, just filling in for Jamie; he's filled me in on a lot of your background and what to expect. How is the season going? Any changes since you and he last spoke?

Rafael Boeck: Good to meet you too. Rafael's fine, Mr Boeck is my father. Jamie should have told you that, no? But, yes, changes. Good, bad, in between. The season started off well, we're still doing good though going through a few rough games but hoping to still make it top three at the very least.

DW: Heard that, though also heard that there have been some line changes and a few changes to players and the like in the Krakens....how will this affect things going forward?

RB: Yes, Roddy's been a huge asset, great captain and amazing person in the locker room, he's gone onto the SHL now. I wish him the best of luck there and certainly look forward to seeing what Atticus Hale brings the team as our new captain. We've also got some very strong alternates too, so certainly some very interesting times ahead for the Krakens. I don't think it will affect much, we're still a very cohesive team and our game's only going to get better.

DW: Really appreciate you answering some of my questions - you'll be seeing Jamie around very soon.

RB: Not a problem at all. Thank you.

[ Word count: 250 ]

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar