Create Account

S50 WFT #1 - Out on a Limb

Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

This is wrong because I don't think Winnipeg will ever be in a high enough position to collapse. They will not do well this season. I see them missing the playoffs clearly.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

10-04-2019, 12:27 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
10-04-2019, 12:13 PMtwils Wrote: Inf1d3l - Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

Minnesota always collapses, as soon as they run into NEW in the first round they'll lose in game 7 like tradition. I have zero faith in Minnesota to go on a run.

Minny has been missing the playoff's in the last sim for the past few seasons and with their young core finally starting to get over 1000 TPE, this is where they will start having post season appearances. I think if they can get the right match ups in the post season they can absolutely make the WCF.

Also they are not in the same conference as NEW.... so it would be pretty hard to run into them in the 1st round.
They would have to get very unlucky to be knocked out in the first round by NEW then lol
I'm out of touch, don't mind my take, it was based off info from the S30s. I'm just here for the 1 TPE

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Code:
Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

Even easier than arguing with @Fordyford, is arguing with him once the season has started. At the time of writing, San Francisco is on pace to go a cool 50-0-0, while Los Angeles will have to settle for 30-20-0. A common point of sports analysts is that "the game isnt played on paper", but in this case, it almost is! Mr. T runs his hockey simulations based on a fairly consistent algorithm and that algorithm has Mauldin and company going home early.

Twice as bold: Ford might be willing his team into the playoffs, capitalizing on my bad karma and provoking me into upsetting the hockey gods, getting him that much closer to winning his bet against JSS and Jess.

its not letting me tag anyone!

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

Taking the easiest one, I see no reason for Izzy to stop yet, he looks like he is ready to go for another 15 seasons to set some records, could even play something like 10 more seasons if he goes IFA tomorrow.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

@Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

Mate, Izzy has high tpe and specifially told me he wants the longest career in SHL history. So yeah this is wrong and it will not happen and I feel like I am being rude but I get annoyed when I see wrong things.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

I can't agree with this, especially because I play on Winnipeg. I think that the great group of people we have on this team will be able to carry on playing how we are playing - I think that our squad should be able to easily play the way that they are playing through the regular season and into the playoffs, barring massive trades.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

This is incorrect as team isn't that strong and They'll be out in the first round if they even make it. Most of the team is regressing which will make it so they're not going to be able to last the stint.

Code:
Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

There's a better chance of Esa Anrikkanen announcing he hates chicken parm. Hah, but yeah no chance, Mike Izzy is still in his prime and locked in for many more seasons as the Captain of the Dragons, he still has the desire and drive to win more championships and also get the hits record.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 04:15 PM by luke.)

Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy
I think that Tampa Bay wins the presidents trophy. Every other season it seems that Benjamin Blue is always deadly every other season. With upgrades as their players are gaining more TPE it seems like they are poised to have a good season and a president trophy level.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Quote:Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

Yeah no way bud, Cameron Carter 2 is going to hit a measly 250 hits in a season and innevitably pass it with ease. Michael Jodan has never been this prepared for a season before and all of you haters will see why soon enough. i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about CC2. u wouldnt say this shit to him on the ice, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

Once again, I have to step up to put Mike Izzy down. There exists not a universe parallel to our own in which CC2 ever achieves anything other than mediocrity. The man is allergic to success. He's soft, mentally and physically, and it's only a matter of time before the negligible amount of TPE he's accumulated crumbles to dust and along with it his notoriety.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Code:
Old Man Izzy - Winnipeg will surge in the regular season and StadiumGambler will win Coach of the Year

This might be the least bold prediction of the group. Come in Izzy, what are you thinking? Do you know how easy it is for a JET to SURGE forward? All they gotta do is push the throttle forward and boom! the jet surges away. It's not like any of the other teams can surge like a Jet can anyways. Show me how a goddamn Syndicate or a goddamn Renegade can surge.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Code:
Toronto won't finish last in the league

Just like last season, it won't happen again. Toronto gets essentially every team's backup played against them, and with most teams' backups being SMJHL level at best, TOR's top players like Lokitonov and Kandinsky get a huge opportunity to run riot. Even though they have an absolutely awful team on paper, Toronto seems to overperform due to the double factors of the backups, and Lokitonov putting in the work of 10 players to counteract having to share colours with players such as sub-155 TPE Jill Jellybeanov.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

CC2 is a playboy who spends whatever extra time he has on modeling for various hair products, to reach a total like 250 hits he would have to put that modeling career into serious risk. That fact alone is enough to make me think 250 hits is not happening this season. Could happen in the future though.

This is incorrect because god created Anthony Archer to do exactly this so someone else taking this from him would break the laws of physics of the universe.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]