Create Account

S55 PT #2 - Equipment Sponsorship

Carlos was thrilled when he heard a company had approached his agent for a sponsorship deal. Evidently the company was a new up and comer in the hockey equipment business and were looking for young, dynamic players to promote their brand.
Little did Carlos know, Value Brand, was dedicated to offering productss at the lowest costs. Carlos was too eager to sign though and didn't look at the small print. As a result, he has to finish the whole season with a couple of wooden value brand sticks that break whenever Carlos attempts a Slap Shot or anything with any power.

Carlos is currently trying to back out of the deal and the latest news are that the case will go to court, apparently, Value Brand is not a legal sponsor for SHL and SMJHL players to have and paying their players with value brand items is illegal in most American States.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

I have been approached by Bauer who wants to sign me to an exclusive equipment deal now that I am in the SHL.  It is a big deal to get an equipment sponsorship and it will definitely put some good money in my pockets.  Since I already play mostly Bauer equipment now, this will be an easy switch.  The one area that I am concerned with are the sticks as I have always been a CCM guy but I am sure we can do some tweaks to the curve and get it where I want it.

It is not a huge time commitment, they want to shoot a few pictures of me and some of their other players one afternoon before a game.  They want us to skate around, rip some slap shots, do a few hard stops spraying the camera, pretty standard stuff.  Eventually there may be some tv spots if my profile gets big enough.  That would bring some more money which would be nice.

Code:
167 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

When Yoshimitsu McCloud was picked for a sponsorship, people were a tad surprised. Never being a particularly fantastic player himself, the sponsorship was actually from newcomers Tomoyo, a Japanese gear company that was interested in entering the hockey game with a player that was apparently big up east, as fans over there seem to like a player that insists on wearing elaborate helmets for games and is totally fine with being treated as a bit of a meme.

This being a Japanese ad, it starts with an unrelated couple walking down to their marriage, only to find out the groom forgot to bring the ring. Meanwhile, Yoshimitsu, who's resting at an unknown forest, wakes up (signified by the lights on the holes of his helmet lighting up a neon colour) and dashes away wearing Tomoyo skates and gloves... on the grass. While the groom goes through the process of coming up with excuses for the attendants, the priest and his fiancée, Yoshi goes through all sorts of dangerous stuff unscathed, arriving just in time to deliver the ring. The commercial ends with Yoshimitsu sitting amongst the relatives of the groom, not showing any emotion, commenting "he didn't even thank me".

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Sven's Gunnar drunken partying makes him essentially impossible to sponsor for most Hockey Brands in the modern era. Bauer and CCM tried to offer Sven a contract for sponsorship but they also would've required him to cut down on his partying and Sven refused to do that. A particularly rowdy incident happened during a business meeting for a potential sponsorship contract with Rebook that ended after Sven vomited on one of their representatives after drinking too much bourbon.  However, outside of the hockey world, Sven has a number of high-end sponsorships. The most famous of which is a five year, two-point three million dollar contract with Smert Vodka. Smert Vodka is a Russian-based Vodka company situated in  Novosibirsk Oblast. Of course, there are rumors that Smert Vodka Owner Michail Kuznetsov is a high-ranking member of the Russian mafia but those claims are largely unfounded. Plus, this wouldn't be the first time a professional hockey player had connections to a questionable Russian Businessman.  That's just a part of hockey.

Quote:168 Words

Jon does not really get a lot of sponsorship deals since he is not exactly a friend face within this crazy league. But luckily even he has managed to get as couple of sponsors to back him since right now he is one of the only welsh players within the league and that opens up a few welsh equipment places.

The biggest sponsor he has is Adidas but who gives a fuck about them. It is all about Crazy Dave and Barmy Bob's hockey equipment shop! Top of the range british hockey sticks and way more exist and thanks to the Jon 41 sponsorship they get a lot more money for their business. Meanwhile Jon goes through sticks more than anyone in the SHL so it is win win when he breaks them.

The only other sponsorship he has is this chinese knockoff Nike that do gloves. But they are paying him so honestly who really cares. Jon doesn't.

[161 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 02:03 PM by roastpuff.)

Magnus Liljestrom is currently a rookie in the SHL, playing relatively limited minutes for the Winnipeg Jets who aren't really a big market team; therefore he was surprised when he was approached for a sponsorship, and by whom the sponsorship was. Volvo Cars, the world-famous Swedish auto manufacturer known for their safety, wanted to sponsor him, and they wanted him to wear their new jockstrap and helmet. As a defenseman, Liljestrom would block lots of shots from opposing players, which can sometimes result in painful injuries. One of the worst memories that Magnus had is when he went down for a shot block on the powerplay, and the puck found its way to the most sensitive area that men have. After that shot block, he had to be helped off the ice, and didn't return for a period or so.

Volvo has promised to help mitigate the risk of that injury with their new jockstrap equipped with their SIPS (Sensitive Impact Protection System) technology which has sensors to detect the moment the puck comes within a few millimeters of the protection area and activates an inflatable air bag to help deflect the puck away. This system reacts within 0.0001 seconds of impact and can reduce the force of impact by over 75%. Their new helmet also has a similar system called EARS (Extended Area Reaction System) which inflated a side curtain airbag to stop incoming pucks from hitting the player's lower facial area and ear area. Magnus has a new confidence in shot blocking with these new improvements, and will not hesitate to go down for another shot block in the future.

Also, this deal has nothing to do with the new Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered in Osmium Grey that is sitting in front of his apartment. Nothing at all.

Code:
301 words

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

[Image: rJCzbmL.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

As a European player growing up in Ukraine until making the move over to Canada to play in the SMJHL for the Newfoundland Berserkers Mats Marner was quickly scouted out by Adidas (one of the most popular athletic brands in Ukraine) to start a partnership and sponsorship when was playing on Ukraine’s under sixteen national hockey team. Adidas saw Mats Marner as a young player with a lot of potential as a kid and helped him become a big face of hockey in Ukraine. As a result when Marner made the move over to North American hockey to play in the big leagues he decided to stay loyal to the brand and stick with them in the SHL and the SMJHL. Marner has done Adidas hockey commercials, is a brand ambassador for the company wearing a lot of Adidas clothes and his iconic Ukrainian hockey track suit. Overall Mats Marner is very happy with his Adidas sponsorship and plans to continue to stay loyal to the brand throughout his SHL hockey career once he makes it to the big leagues.

Word Count: 183

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

My agent called me up and told me that a representative from Bauer was on the phone and wanted to speak to me. This was kind of strange, but I was curious. Turns out they want to offer me an endorsement deal to be a part of their company. I guess when you actually become a decent player in the league people seem to notice who you are.

Getting that call was a pleasant surprise, as I tend to use a lot of Bauer gear, but it was moreso a great way to recognize that all the hard work I've put in to this sport has paid off. The only thing I really need to change would be some of my pads, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I do have to do a few commercials for them, which will be a change because I've never been featured in one. I remember buying equipment as a kid based on which pros were wearing them. Are people going to want to be like me? Man that's going to be weird.

That being said, Bauer is a great brand and all of you reading this should definitely go out and buy some Bauer gear. Look out for the TM96 brand so you can be just like your favourite SHLer Theo Morgan. There's nothing better than feeling like a pro, and you could do just that with Bauer's TM96 brand of equipment and sticks.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Walton Stromberg signs a sponsorship deal with Sports Lace

The lock-based Sports Lace skate laces don't need to be tied! Sports Lace laces are flexible and have a lock built in them, which means that you don't have to tie the laces. Sports Lace laces can't be too tight, because they always adjust to the pressure of your foot. Sports Lace laces have been made for shoes for years, but now they are also available for hockey skates.

"This is a wonderful Finnish innovation. I have always struggled with tying my laces, it feels like such a chore. And sometimes the standard laces of my skates just snap because they are so worn. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore, and that's fantastic!", Walton tells.

"Getting Walton aboard is huge for our business. We've been making laces for years, but we never really broke through in the global market. We wanted to take the next step and create a new line of laces, and that's when we came up with the idea to start serving hockey players. Walton is a great ambassador for us, and we expect massive business growth in the future!", celebrates Sports Lace CEO Onni Sarmaste.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Taco bell has sponsored Tom Fiddler to use their equipment for the season. Their equipment is bought from other sellers and upcharged about 50% to add their logos and other taco bell themed designs. One of the things that is required of Tom Fiddler is wearing their jersey during the opening skate. Their jersey is like the mosaic design from the Arizona Coyotes, you know how the old 90's taco bell had all those vaguely hispanic designs with the classic 90s array of colorful shapes? Just like that. Except with Beige and purple and yellow. His stick is also bright purple just like the taco bell logo usually is. His helmet is adorned with various items from taco bell, including a Cheesey Gordita Crunch and Beefy Five-layer. His skates are colored to look like his feet are burritos. This is an unprecedented move in SHL sports, as most teams dont allow logos on their jerseys. But just like Michael Jordan, I am determined to make history.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Eko van Otter is the proud frontman for Stickity, a new line of hockey sticks from CCM specially designed for individuals with atypical hand sizes/shapes. EVO, a superstar, has custom sticks, of course, but this new line of sticks features smaller handles that give way to regular sticks for easy handling in the potential absence of opposable thumbs. Now everyone can enjoy the same slapshot power without having to wrangle their tiny paws/hands around a human-sized handle. EVO has used custom sticks ever since the SMJHL days, and he has no qualms about being the new face of the company; he's excited to play a role in giving opportunity to play hockey to those who previously couldn't hold a stick. The inaugural ad of the campaign was a magazine spread with EVO in the front and center and the slogan "Handle Like EVO" - it remains unclear whether that's actually a desirable pitch, but sales numbers are decent thus far. Maybe once we play TBB sales will spike kekw

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Reid Sutherland has only a few sponsors, as he is just a rookie in the SHL. He is doing his best to acquire sponsors interested in giving him money though. @roastpuff gave him a sample of his Volvo jockstrap while in the Jets locker room, but despite his newly developed Swedish roots, Reid didn't get an offer from Volvo. Instead, Reid's chief sponsor of hockey equipment is a clear mouth guard company called Cheese!. Cheese! is a company that tries to pick some of the athletes with the best smiles so that they can promote their clear mouth guards. Hockey players are not a very good choice for this, but as Reid is more of a playmaker and not a fighter, he is as safe as can be - not losing too many teeth. As part of his sponsorship he is in a few commercials that include fake dentists recommending the mouth guard brand and a shiny smile from Reid to end the commercial.

Code:
163 words

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

The company I'd absolutely let sponsor me would be Bauer. They make good gear and their sticks were the first I ever used for street hockey growing up. Strong sticks and great gloves. I'd of course be in the ads and commercials wearing their gear. I'd be right there alongside Ivan Provorov who also uses Bauer exclusively. I'm sure I'd be there alongside other great SHLers who use the product too, they could call it the 'Product of Champions' but I'm sure that would be flagged by Wheaties for stealing their copyright. I wouldn't feel bad about switching companies, you go with who makes the best gear and who is going to make you better and more comfortable. If that's Bauer over say CCM or Reebok then so be it, but you have to have comfort and you need to be able move with some agility and if their gear helps get it done then sign me up.

In an unprecedented move, First-Name Last-Name becomes the first Jordan Brand hockey athlete. In an attempt to diversify and lead to newer markets, Jordan brand partners with Last-Name. I will be the first hockey player to don Jordan gear and to be honest, I'm so excited. Growing up, a pair of Jordan's is always what I wanted. I never really got to get a pair growing up, but now being partnered with them is crazy. I am hoping they can make me some custom Jordan skates, now that would be something insane. I know this is not a normal move and not the conventional way of going, but I hope to be the pioneer for something different yet exciting for the game of hockey. Jordan brand is also hooking me up with all the kicks I need off the ice. Yes, you heard that right, unlimited off-ice Jordans... no limit, any kind of Jordan I can think of, they got the hookup.

[Image: gurbs.gif]