Create Account

Add a [better] warning about retirement

in all seriousness, this isnt an issue. There are no meme retirements, the example sve7en posted was from Gordie, but he didnt unretire? Did he regret it later? sure, thats probably why sve7en posted it. But the rules are pretty clear. You retire here, and you retire. You have a 7 day grace period where you can unretire, but you get a penalty for it.

Point me to another example of a person unretiring. Last one other than Trix I remember is Galaxtic, and the one guy that retired and unretired when JY became Manhattan GM.

I think Wally did too? But that was 4 years ago when he got fired from the Portland job I think

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I didn't read pages 4 and 5 to see if it was mentioned, but the PBE does have a grace period - once. If it's the first time they've retired and they revoke it within 24 hours, they don't lose any TPE. Unretire after 24 hours but before 7 days passed/creating a new player, you take a 15% penalty. Retire & Unretire a 2nd time, 15% penalty no matter what. 3rd retirement is permanent.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

08-10-2021, 05:11 PMByrdeMan Wrote:
08-10-2021, 04:37 PMAcsolap Wrote: Retiring is the nuclear option though. People are always free to walk away from the league or take time off and return when they feel up to it. There is no stipulation that you have to be active to keep your player. Literally every locker room I've been in on the site has encouraged people to put their lives and well being before this stupid game.

If you actively choose to navigate the retirement process then I don't really see why we should entertain buyer's remorse when it's far easier to just go temporarily IA.
+1

Hope you enjoy listening to donda :handshake:

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

08-10-2021, 05:42 PMluketd Wrote: thats why you were the big dog, big man

were? :(

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

08-10-2021, 06:10 PM.bojo Wrote:
08-10-2021, 05:42 PMluketd Wrote: thats why you were the big dog, big man

were? :(

dont think you are commish anymore

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-10-2021, 06:12 PMluketd Wrote:
08-10-2021, 06:10 PM.bojo Wrote: were? :(

dont think you are commish anymore

Oh you mean that kind of big dog. I thought just meant cool guy

08-10-2021, 06:45 PM.bojo Wrote:
08-10-2021, 06:12 PMluketd Wrote: dont think you are commish anymore

Oh you mean that kind of big dog. I thought just meant cool guy

Poosh pic or bust

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-10-2021, 06:50 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
08-10-2021, 06:45 PM.bojo Wrote: Oh you mean that kind of big dog. I thought just meant cool guy

Poosh pic or bust

[Image: unknown.png]

08-10-2021, 06:57 PM.bojo Wrote:
08-10-2021, 06:50 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Poosh pic or bust

[Image: unknown.png]

Lets make love now.

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 07:52 PM by Leoben.)

08-10-2021, 05:47 PMluketd Wrote: in all seriousness, this isnt an issue. There are no meme retirements, the example sve7en posted was from Gordie, but he didnt unretire? Did he regret it later? sure, thats probably why sve7en posted it. But the rules are pretty clear. You retire here, and you retire. You have a 7 day grace period where you can unretire, but you get a penalty for it.

Point me to another example of a person unretiring. Last one other than Trix I remember is Galaxtic, and the one guy that retired and unretired when JY became Manhattan GM.

I think Wally did too? But that was 4 years ago when he got fired from the Portland job I think

I did a few years ago and came back within 24 hours. But that was a drunken rage retirement and before more than a handful of people cared about the whole mental health thing.

I’m with whoever thinks it isn’t an issue. It’s a major decision to retire and should be treated as such.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

As someone who was around when this wasn't a rule, you don't want this rule gone. It led to a lot of meme and joke retirements, and a lot of issues of rage retirements and some really nasty shit going on in the retirement forum that just wasn't worth it. It was the reason the rule was put in place in like 2012 to stop that from happening and it has done a really good job mitigating that risk.

Some people are unfortunately going to get fucked by it. I can't remember a ton since 2012, and I wouldn't want to open that door for it to happen again by offering a grace period, especially with the league even bigger today than it was. It isn't like retiring is an easy thing, you have to click several different places and start a topic to do it. Unfortunately this is the best deterrant for stopping meme retirements and it has done a good job in its time. Truly it's kind of like saying "well we should have a grace period on tampering in case someone hasn't read the rules". I don't think that would get any support. You kind of just need to read the rules. It isn't new, and it isn't even that harsh. 15% was likely the bare minimum to supress nonsense in that retirement forum. It should be for true retirements

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-10-2021, 06:04 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
08-10-2021, 05:11 PMByrdeMan Wrote: +1

Hope you enjoy listening to donda :handshake:
I did buddy, I will say, you are a king brother.

[Image: 336.jpg]

08-10-2021, 07:34 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: As someone who was around when this wasn't a rule, you don't want this rule gone. It led to a lot of meme and joke retirements, and a lot of issues of rage retirements and some really nasty shit going on in the retirement forum that just wasn't worth it. It was the reason the rule was put in place in like 2012 to stop that from happening and it has done a really good job mitigating that risk.

Some people are unfortunately going to get fucked by it. I can't remember a ton since 2012, and I wouldn't want to open that door for it to happen again by offering a grace period, especially with the league even bigger today than it was. It isn't like retiring is an easy thing, you have to click several different places and start a topic to do it. Unfortunately this is the best deterrant for stopping meme retirements and it has done a good job in its time. Truly it's kind of like saying "well we should have a grace period on tampering in case someone hasn't read the rules". I don't think that would get any support. You kind of just need to read the rules. It isn't new, and it isn't even that harsh. 15% was likely the bare minimum to supress nonsense in that retirement forum. It should be for true retirements

grandpa tell us more about the dinosaurs please

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

08-10-2021, 09:41 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
08-10-2021, 07:34 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: As someone who was around when this wasn't a rule, you don't want this rule gone. It led to a lot of meme and joke retirements, and a lot of issues of rage retirements and some really nasty shit going on in the retirement forum that just wasn't worth it. It was the reason the rule was put in place in like 2012 to stop that from happening and it has done a really good job mitigating that risk.

grandpa tell us more about the dinosaurs please

gorlabasoreass

08-10-2021, 05:47 PMluketd Wrote: in all seriousness, this isnt an issue. There are no meme retirements, the example sve7en posted was from Gordie, but he didnt unretire? Did he regret it later? sure, thats probably why sve7en posted it. But the rules are pretty clear. You retire here, and you retire. You have a 7 day grace period where you can unretire, but you get a penalty for it.

Not sure on the context used here but Gordie did unretire and is currently playing for New England and is updating actively. Not that this makes it a major issue worth fussing over, but just wanted to point that out.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]