Create Account

S65 mPT #5: Name Over
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2022, 01:42 PM by notoriousTRON. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't know what the current name of the trophy for the best goaltender is, but I would propose changing it to the Harry Carpet award in honor of my former Stars teammate and surefire HOFer. Plus the name is hilarious and legendary.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

I would rename the Challenge Cup. We can just call it the Cup, cause it's the only Cup anyone wants anyway. It just makes it easier for everyone.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

The Duck of the Year Award has been won by yours truly 6 seasons in a row. At this point, I think it should be named after me. The Puddles O'Duck Award is the highest honor bestowed to the best duck in the league.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

I would rename the Challenge Cup into the Great Lakes Cup to commemorate the seasons when it was basically rotated between those teams and no other division.

[Image: image.png]

Changing the name too the NHL and calling er good ole Stanley cup, I like the chime of that name sounds like it will still be ringing a 1000 sim leagues into the future

Quote:
Citadelles

I would rename whatever the name of the best GM of the league award is to @goldenglutes and his trusty sidekick @hotdog. What a great combo they are, they deserve to win it every year.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

We have to rename the Bojo Biscuit award for the San Francisco Pride because of that period where a member of the team won it like four times in a row. Has that ever happened before? Probably.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

It seems like this is a popular one, but I think the championship trophies in both leagues should be named something more identifiable and/or meaningful. I'm no SHL historian so i'm not going to even suggest something that might fall into one of those categories, but considering the league has been around for 65 seasons, there's bound to be someone or something in both leagues that has had a significant enough impact.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

I think it's time to rename the Challenge Cup. Newfound has won it so many times recently, can you even consider it a challenge anymore? Maybe the Best of the Best Cup or BoB for short.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I guess we could go with renaming the challenge cup, and the question would be what do we rename it? Well let’s rename it the Hamilton Cup, since they win it so often.

(33 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I would change the name of the Four Star Cup to the Elusive Cup because it's the only trophy that has eluded me in my time here in the SHL. 65 seasons and not once has my player been etched onto that stupid, Elusive Cup.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
19-9-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 5] [Pts 5] [+/- +7] [PIM 8] [Hits 16] [SB 94]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Your task: Choose any SHL or SMJHL trophy you want, give it a new name, and tell me why you want to call it that! Go crazy or be sincere! The choice is yours!
25 words minimum!

I choose to rename the Scott Stevens Award to the Alonzo Garbanzo Award, for two reasons:

1. Alonzo Garbonzo has had the most successful career of any defender and won the award five times, with a further five nominations.
2. Scott Stevens is a name I more associate with the NHL and slightly breaks immersion, even if there was one in the SHL too.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I would rename the Challenge Cup to Only A Challenge For Some Teams Cup because we have had such an extreme lack of parity in the SHL that it seems like if you end up on a handful of teams that is the only way to win one.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I would rename the Zack Miller most dedicated award because the site should move on from being associated with problematic personalities. I'd instead rename it to the Gabe Johnson award @JumpierPegasus

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I’m naming the Four Star cup to “The Zerks Cup”. This is because since I’ve joined the league Newfoundland has won it every damn time.