Create Account

S67 PT #4: Limited Edition Due: October 16th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 05:40 PM by erikvm. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hockey Prompt

I guess I have a bit of a hockey jersey collection, nothing too insane, but something worth noting. My very first jersey was a Mikko Koivu Wild Jersey, the old green alternates that everybody loved, because I did not get into watching hockey until I was a teenager, I know, a Minnesotan who didn’t live and breathe hockey since birth. After that I got a Zach Parise jersey, then a Mikael Granlund jersey, then an Eric Stall jersey, and THEN a Kevin Fiala jersey (I’ll miss you Kevin), and finally a Kaprizov jersey, my only road jersey and currently my go to. I also have the 1980 USA jerseys, the home and away’s, and a CCCP Red Army jersey, all Miracle on Ice baby. I also have a generic red St. Cloud State jersey, my alma mater, and while they may have ripped off the Canadiens logo, the jersey itself looks excellent, although the red jerseys don’t have the logo on the front, just the school’s logo script.
[Image: FOTk4qS.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 09:16 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
CREATIVE PROMPT - Your franchise is launching a limited edition jersey next season to be worn at a couple of special home games. For some reason the marketing team has invited you to help! I guess they think you've got good ideas? How nice!

Graphic Task: Design the special edition jersey!

[Image: Xle5n6W.png]

Behold the monstrosity that is the new limited edition Flavor Town x Forge jersey, featuring Philadelphia's iconic cheesesteak and Guy Fieri's flames.

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Prompt 1

For S68, the Baltimore Platoon will be introducing a limited-edition franchise heritage jersey. For 5 home games during the S68 season, Baltimore will honor their almost 15th(?) anniversary of moving to Baltimore, MD with special jerseys sponsored by Old Bay. There’s nothing more Maryland than crabs and Old Bay, so with a commemorative 15th anniversary patch (sponsored by Old Bay) and a one-off Crab Platoon logo, this is gonna be wild. The color scheme retains the classic red and navy blue, but replaces the white/silver with a gold-yellow reminiscent of the aforementioned spice.

This promotion is 100% a cash grab to pay for Johnny Hamilton’s additional secretarial staff, due to the lack of a Co-GM. The budget saved by not having a Co-GM has now been overtaken by so many aides to help the Big Man™ do the job. It is expected that the promotional jerseys, hats, and shirts will gross more than Don Juan’s S67 contract. People love Old Bay, so it’s expected the tie in will bring crab fans and hockey fans alike to American Airlines Arena.

#FlabsOutCrabsOut

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I have a great collection of hockey cards that I accumulate when I grew up. I don’t think I have bought a card or a set of cards in the last ten years, but I still have the collection I accumulated while I was a kid. I was introduced to hockey cards by my dad who showed me his old collection that he accumulated himself when he was a kid. They were a period of about five years where I used to buy a complete set upper deck of cards each year that I still have in a couple of binders in my house. I also have a massive number of cards in not-so-great conditions that were given to me by my uncles in a couple of boxes. I used to choose two teams based on what the players look on these cards, because they were old and I had no clue who they were, a simulate a game moving small black piece of paper as a puck.

168 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Zayne Dangle has been invited to help design the new Buffalo Stampede jersey for the upcoming season. The ideas are flying around as he hangouts with his teammates. Bean Beanman suggested a jersey with Belle Delphine all over it it, but Dangle was not sure that fans would like that. Kekw and Kaarlo want a jersey dedicated to the Kekkonen's of the league and all their glorious accomplishments. A "family photo" of sorts on the front of the jersey is their idea. I don't think that people would buy that either. Instead Dangle has decided to put forward a special edition Buffalo jersey. If you know those big fur coats that rich people wear around during the cold months. That is the idea for the jerseys, except it will be Buffalo fur for every players jersey. The jersey is a homage to the very obvious mascot of the team. The added bonus is that the players will never be cold as well.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

pt pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Hockey Prompt:

Well I had a small hockey card collection a long time ago but it didn't really comprise of much other than 3 martin brodeur cards, he was my favourite player growing up.

Instead nowadays, I have a much more expensive collection of sticks. And I can't really say that I meant to start this collection but I am just rarely ever satisfied with the sticks that I have. Im always on the hunt for the perfect stick and over the almost 4 years I have been playing hockey, I have collected a lot more sticks than someone who has been playing for just under 4 years should have. I'd say my all time favourite has been the Bauer vapor 1x lite stick which was one of my first sticks. Funny thing is i haven't revisted the vapour line since then even though it was my favourite. Currently now using a warrior alpha dx, and my next stick will probably be a ccm trigger stick, whatever I can find on sale.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

The timber reached out to Meowski for his input on their special jersey. Because of deforestation being a problem, the Maine timber have been much more about saving the trees than they are about cutting them down. The originally pitched him on a maple syrup idea as maple trees do grow in Maine. He disagreed with it as then they would be called the Maine flapjacks or something about that. He was told that these charity bsed games would be used to raise money to help protect the forest in Maine. Quickly, he went on his phone and looked up the Maine state tree. Google quickly told him that it was the Eastern White Pine. He grabbed a pencil and paper quikcly from a printer tray and got to work. He drew a pine tree of sorts in all black and then drew a jersey around it. What his suggestion was a black jersey with a white pine tree outline. That way on their jersey is the Eastern White Pine which is the Maine state tree. The staff loved it and their new Charity based limited game jerseys were now going to be black with white pine trees one them to help represent the Maine state tree

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Hockey Prompt: Written Task

I have a fairly limited collection of hockey memorabilia, but most of it has come into my possession recently and I quickly ran out of places to put or display them. My favorite thing is a signed 2016 Stanley Cup Championship puck by Matt Cullen, sent to me as a birthday gift this year by a former user on the site, whose player was "sludge" back in the day. I was also sent a Cleveland Barons jersey, customized with my own discord name "Tony Flow" on it. Adding that to my very limited collection of jerseys, which are two Pittsburgh Penguins jerseys, Crosby and Kessel (the latter sent to me back in 2016 by the same user), as well as a very small, child sized Borje Salming jersey from when I was little, and he was already long retired. So no idea how I got that one. The other autograph I had is from Scott Harrington, who was the captain of the London Knights at the time. I got it from him because our dads were coworkers so I had a very loose connection to him that way.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Hockey Prompt:

Like many hockey fans, I have a cherished collection of authentic memorabilia that serves as a bridge to connect me to my bygone heroes. Having grown up in a hockey hotbed, I was greatly influenced by the hockey mad culture around me, which in turn led to a deep appreciation for the skills I saw exhibited on the ice. At the forefront of these heroes from my youth was the Russian Rocket Pavel Bure. If you've ever witnessed Bure live or on YouTube, it is perhaps best described as a man playing against boys. The blazing speed with which he did everything was an absolute joy to behold!

So to honor those youthful memories, I've collected several certified authentic, (game worn) and autographed items including cards, photos, jerseys and pucks. While not the most grand, among my favorites is a limited edition Upper Deck Crystal card, with an image of Bure embedded inside a special protective case. I look at it every day and it continues to inspire with much the same ferocity as before.

Quote:183 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

CREATIVE PROMPT - Your franchise is launching a limited edition jersey next season to be worn at a couple of special home games. For some reason the marketing team has invited you to help! I guess they think you've got good ideas? How nice!

Very much to the dismay of every single fan out there, or atleast the ones that always stare at the sideboard, helmet and shirt ads.. We're gonna have a completely new special edition, never ever before seen -jersey for our next seasons ALL home games. Yes. All of them, not just a few. So anyway, I get to the meeting room, I sit down with my cafe latte espresso supreme deluxe with extra whipped cream sponsored by your local brewery. And we start discussing ideas for the shirt and I suggest Kraft, because it's got some nice subtle colours to it.
As I'm taking a sip of my coffee I realize that one of the boardmembers is incredibly hairy. Like really, really hairy.. And I ask a smart guy throw a lil jab at him, saying "Hah, isn't fur out of fashion?" and obviously everyone busts to laughter and everyone claps.
Then he growls at me. What the hell, who growls at som- OMG IT'S A FUCKING BEAR! RUN! EVERYBODY RUN! IT'S A FUCKING BEAR!!

wc:175

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Three time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

I would design an alternate jersey that celebrates much of what Seattle has to offer. For one thing, I'd use the seahawks color scheme. For one thing, I think it's unique to the world of sports and it would be fun to have it on hockey jerseys. For the crest I would put the Starbucks lady. Nothing in Seattle, outside of rampant homelessness, is as iconic as that logo. On the shoulder crests, rather than repeating the logo on the crest, I'd take the opportunity to highlight other things about the city. On the left shoulder, I'd do a small image of Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos wrestling. This obviously represents Amazon and Microsoft fighting for control of the city. On the opposite shoulder, I'd put an image of Kurt Cobain smashing a guitar because Nirvana is the best thing to ever come out of Seattle. I would not include anything about Pearl Jam because Pearl Jam sucks. Finally, behind the main crest I'd put the outline of the space needle. This jersey sounds like it sucks TBH I don't know why they put me in charge of this.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Creative Prompt

The Atlanta Inferno signature jersey designed by Evgeni Petrov would actually have some serious significance behind it for a variety of reasons. Despite being raised by wolves and deemed "uneducated" Evgeni is super into art and art history so the jersey would incorporate design elements of Georgia based artist Phillip Guston and his abstract expressionist style. The lack of standard shapes and images calls to Evgeni's unique personality and his unwillingness to conform to society and their standards. The colors would be a black white and gray splatter painting inspired design, which while not Guston's style still fits with expressionism. The money raised would be donated to the "Save the Wolves" charity inspired by his upbringing and personal care for environmental sustainability. The jerseys would be sold to anyone who wanted one as Evgeni would want them to be accessable to the masses, and they would run a little less than a normal hockey jersey as not to price anyone out.

[Image: Us6kFH7.png]
[Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

Not sure why the Carolina Kraken marketing team would be requesting my involvement, but since they are, let’s see what we could come up with! Seeing as the Carolina Kraken main colors are Orange and Black, I’m thinking the limited edition jersey would be a Halloween themed jersey. Play on the black and orange color scheme and the Kraken logo can be pretty scary.

What I would do is have a dark orange be the main color, and the kraken tentacles would be coming up from the bottom of the jersey. In the middle, where the logo normally goes, it would be crooked and being dragged down into the water by the Kraken tentacles. I think that would make for an extremely cool look, and would be pretty creepy overall.

Seeing as it’s for Halloween, and every child loves Halloween and the candy they get, all the jersey sales of this limited time jersey would go towards a local children’s charity. Help kids in need get any sort of treatment they need and hopefully give them a better chance at life moving forward.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 01:58 PM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

HOCKEY PROMPT

Well since you mentioned the SHL trading cards I'll talk about those and my collection will actually do something for me other than waste my SHL bucks. I think I've amassed a pretty good collection of cards over time with five Hall of Fame Cards including two 99 overalls. One of those being the legendary goalie Tommy Tuck wearing the best jersey in the SHL, that of the Edmonton Blizzard. I've also had the good fortunes of pulling 13 different diamond cards. While technically I have a team card for every team currently in the SHL, I only have a Winnipeg Jets card and not one of the Aurora . My two favourite cards though have to be my 91 overall Kyle Sutton Charity Drive card since that was my first player and I haven't been able to open a pack with the 86 OA ruby Sutton in it yet. The other favourite being the one and only James Truong with the criminally low rating of 83.

In real life I don't have much hockey memorabilia. Mostly just three jerseys, Brodeur, Elias, and Hughes.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada