Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Just looked and some tracks are on youtube already, should be all of them soon.

Next song off of "Dreams & Nightmares" was just premiered by Meek himself!

http://rapgenius.com/posts/Meek-mill-exclu...aybach-curtains

Rating review for GKMC

Sherane aka Master Splinter's Daughter: 4/5
Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe: 3.75/5
Backseat Freestyle: 4.25/5
The Art of Peer Pressure: 4.5/5
-This one, admittedly, has a weird sound to it, but I think I like that about it.
Money Trees (ft. Jay Rock): 4/5
-Only Black Hippy feature here and it was...pretty good.
Poetic Justice (ft. Drake): 3.75/5
-Honestly, would have liked this one more if Drake was on the hook and not given a verse.
good kid: 4.25/5
m.A.A.d city (ft. MC Eiht): 4.5/5
-Absolutely dope.
Swimming Pools (extended): 4.75/5
Sing About Me / I'm Dying of Thirst: 4.75/5
-First off, I don't like that he merged two songs together and made it 12 minutes. I don't enjoy there being this long of a track on any album. However, this is amazing, tbh.
Real (ft. Anna Wise): 3.5/5
-He's real, really, really, real. Is this Kendrick with some vocal effects on his voice? This is really a wut really really for real?-type song.
Compton (ft. Dr. Dre): 4.5/5
-Kendrick and Dre have a good amount of chemistry between them and it shows here. They really go well together.
The Recipe (ft. Dr. Dre): 4.25/5
-The first single off the album and I still dig this one. Good track.
Black Boy Fly: 4.25/5
-Should be on the regular version.
Now or Never (ft. Mary J. Blige): 4.5/5
-Dopecicles.

63.5/75 -> 4.23/5

I see a lot of people saying they're disappointed with this and I honestly am too, but I enjoyed this a lot, though it feels like something is just...missing. Not the album of the year at all for me, that's still Nas' "Life Is Good", but this is right there (in terms of rating) with Lupe Fiasco's "Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album, Pt. 1" for me. I enjoyed this a lot, but expected...more I guess. I'll buy the album in its entirety and all that jazz, but still, I wish there was that..."wow" factor here.

1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter - 5/5
- The skit at the end is funny
2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe - 4.5/5
3. Backseat Freestyle - 5/5
4. The Art of Peer Pressure - 4/5
- Dude tells a great story
5. Money Trees ft Jay Rock - 5/5
- I love his flow on here
6. Poetic Justice ft Drake - 5/5
- Favorite Beat of the Album
7. Good Kid - 3.5/5
8. m.A.A.d City - 5/5
9. Swimming Pools - 5/5
10. Sing for me im dying of thirst - 5/5
11. Real ft Anna Wise - 4/5
12. Compton - 4.5/5
Total = 56.5/60 = 4.7/5 = Very Nearly Perfect

Kendrick Lamar has created a classic.He blends his great flow and ability to make catchy songs, with his ability to present a great story. The production is great and the lack of features was nice. The cohesiveness of this album is something I haven't seen since MBDTF. It is my album of the year for sure.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I'll have to check it out if Jaytee says it's like MBTDWF, Iunno how much I'll like it, Kendrick is pretty smooth but definitely not one of my faves currently, hopefully this album will change that.

As most know I'm not much of a mixtape guy myself which may be why Section 80 and such didn't rate as highly with me as others

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

just downloaded GKMC, really excited and alot of hype bout it.

quite a few real sick songs on there, but not as good as ithought it would be. just my opinion. Still a beauty tho <3

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 17 2012, 07:27 PM
1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter - 5/5
- The skit at the end is funny
2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe - 4.5/5
3. Backseat Freestyle - 5/5
4. The Art of Peer Pressure - 4/5
- Dude tells a great story
5. Money Trees ft Jay Rock - 5/5
- I love his flow on here
6. Poetic Justice ft Drake - 5/5
- Favorite Beat of the Album
7. Good Kid - 3.5/5
8. m.A.A.d City - 5/5
9. Swimming Pools - 5/5
10. Sing for me im dying of thirst - 5/5
11. Real ft Anna Wise - 4/5
12. Compton - 4.5/5
Total = 56.5/60 = 4.7/5 = Very Nearly Perfect

Kendrick Lamar has created a classic.He blends his great flow and ability to make catchy songs, with his ability to present a great story. The production is great and the lack of features was nice. The cohesiveness of this album is something I haven't seen since MBDTF. It is my album of the year for sure.
Jt throwing out the word classic already :o I'm still holding out til the physical. Everyone has been saying the same as you so I'm really excited :D

Quote:Originally posted by Lazgreg@Oct 17 2012, 06:22 PM

Jt throwing out the word classic already&nbsp; :o I'm still holding out til the physical. Everyone has been saying the same as you so I'm really excited :D

I can't wait for the physical

By the people saying their disappointed, they really need to stop having such high expectations lol

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 17 2012, 09:48 PM
I'll have to check it out if Jaytee says it's like MBTDWF, Iunno how much I'll like it, Kendrick is pretty smooth but definitely not one of my faves currently, hopefully this album will change that.

As most know I'm not much of a mixtape guy myself which may be why Section 80 and such didn't rate as highly with me as others
Section 80 was great Blink lol

Quote:Originally posted by Lazgreg@Oct 17 2012, 09:26 PM

Section 80 was great&nbsp; Blink&nbsp; lol
I liked Section 80 but as a whole wasn't overly impressed. I don't like mixtapes, I just for the most part don't like them. Even Gambino's, Royalty and such I just can't get into them.

I never said it was like MBDTF I just said it had the same cohesion

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 17 2012, 10:34 PM
I never said it was mBDTF I just said it had the same cohesion
I meant in terms of quality and flow.it's obviously not mbdtF.

Do you still think Cole world is a classic? I haven't listened to it whole in a long time

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 17 2012, 07:39 PM

I meant in terms of quality and flow.it's obviously not mbdtF.

Do you still think Cole world is a classic? I haven't listened to it whole in a long time

I never thought it was a classic. I did think it was a great album. It doesn't hold up though

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Oct 17 2012, 10:42 PM

I never thought it was a classic. I did think it was a great album. It doesn't hold up though
Ah gotcha, Musta been mistaken. You think this album will hold up? I've heard great things and some disappointment so far about it