Create Account

SHL in a slump?

Contrary to popular belief, I hate everyone equally.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I’m at over 10 gap in the SMJHL and that was just me doing it on my own because I wanted to score more. So they’re could be an amount like that of natural deciders. I’m curious to check the stats though, I’d also be curious if 15 was cherry picked as a stat. Perhaps if it was 14 it would be different, and is their a lot of difference between 15 and 10 point gap? I’m brand new and I heard from day 1 from everyone to go to at least a 10 point gap between them. I guess what I’m saying in is there is not a lot of grey being given, just black and white and not a lot of bridges look like their being built. That will drive people off.

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

shl is bad but "shl sucks because we won't let people be racist homophobes" is a real stupid take dawg

01-07-2020, 10:06 AMAcsolap Wrote: The whole off season thing killed a lot of interest for me personally. Feel like I'm just dragging my player towards 2k now.

If I wasn't a GM it's likely I would have gone inactive.

i went inactive as a gm beat that

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

01-08-2020, 12:40 AMmxman991 Wrote: I’m at over 10 gap in the SMJHL and that was just me doing it on my own because I wanted to score more. So they’re could be an amount like that of natural deciders. I’m curious to check the stats though, I’d also be curious if 15 was cherry picked as a stat. Perhaps if it was 14 it would be different, and is their a lot of difference between 15 and 10 point gap? I’m brand new and I heard from day 1 from everyone to go to at least a 10 point gap between them. I guess what I’m saying in is there is not a lot of grey being given, just black and white and not a lot of bridges look like their being built. That will drive people off.

I think 14 adds like 4 more people because of the gap between 99 and 85.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 03:21 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

We’re still ok but we need to make some changes right now on the community side of things.. the problem is we have had some league issues in certain areas before the SIM problems arised which were covered up due to strong activity... and are now being exposed as the site slows.

I know I came off strong before the Christmas break to some when I sounded the alarms but I saw this coming and kind of feel like there’s a plan that can bridge the gap between now and the birth of SHL FHM which hopefully resparks the flame that’s burned so strongly for so long on this site.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

01-07-2020, 04:46 PMKeygan Wrote: @"TommySalami" your player sucks because passing sucks I don’t care if you led the league in points.

Kinda funny that Lokitonov and Pepperoni are both pass-first players, so the league top-scorers of the last three seasons were all players who according to the current hysteria should be useless. If you look at this years top-5, you will find two passers, two shooters with a relatively small gap and only one exploit player who ironically is one of the less extreme examples on his team and is a high-TPE player who was already good way before this whole thing was discovered. Just from this years regular season stats there is just no proof to the claim that Hamilton successfully broke the sim, be it in terms of individual numbers or team success. Having a good playoff-campaign doesn't change that.

01-07-2020, 10:24 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote:
01-07-2020, 01:13 PMjRuutu Wrote: I still cant understand why HAM (and other teams/players) were allowed to keep those builds, when you compare the two: 1) let them keep the builds OR 2) put couple updaters to revert their builds back to what they were = the second one feels a lot better?

Sure, some regression players and their builds were reverted, but looking at Hamiltons roster right now it looks pretty bad and everybody is now doing it or going to do it. 20 between SC and PA is not enough. Weird call to let it happen. More urgency and power to fight against certain words than something that can potentially even destroy the league.

Im not sure if this is posted later, as im reading back, but the hammy builds WERE reverted, we only really have a few players with a gap and in almost every case its not that extreme of a gap. I dont know how the notion of "hammy is still using this exploit" is going around.

Yeah no, that's just bullshit. You guys are still using this, you just were stopped from doing it in the most extreme way by the quick rule-change that happened last off-season - which is why I think another one of those quick adjustments, like setting a max gap of 15 or 20, would be another helpful and not overly complicated fix to the problem while we look for grander solutions. But reverting the build changes last off-season also probably already prevented some of the worst possible outcomes and gave us a good competitive season with only a small asterisk, we should give some kudos and acknowledge that instead of just talking about how STHS is doomed and how HAM broke everything.

See my biggest issue with HAM and their response isn't how successful their plan was. It's the fact that even after bringing this to the league, after the whole offseason delay, and all the fighting, they STILL insisted on exploiting this issue however they could. Fuck that. They saw all the chaos it created, and thought "fuck it, I want that fake trophy so bad!"

Fucking losers!

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

also HUGE LOL at JP blaming discord and not being able to say "gay"

FUCKING LOSER!

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

01-08-2020, 08:26 AMGrapehead Wrote: also HUGE LOL at JP blaming discord and not being able to say "gay"

FUCKING LOSER!
Maybe the whole point is not on if its ok to say ´gay´ or not. Maybe the fact that so many threw a hissy fit about someone using the word ´gay´? Which makes it difficult to find anything to talk about between the two sides? Dark humor vs grandmother telling old knock-knock jokes.

In a forum like this, humor is a pretty big part of it all. There is no place for dark humor nowadays. Now SHL is a forum where you look at the sims and share cooking recipes while talking about the weather.

The worst thing is, there are a lot better places to do those things, so you don´t even talk about cooking recipes and the weather here that often. Fought so hard to create a friendly forum space, but you don´t even use it.

01-08-2020, 08:59 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 08:26 AMGrapehead Wrote: also HUGE LOL at JP blaming discord and not being able to say "gay"

FUCKING LOSER!
Maybe the whole point is not on if its ok to say ´gay´ or not. Maybe the fact that so many threw a hissy fit about someone using the word ´gay´? Which makes it difficult to find anything to talk about between the two sides? Dark humor vs grandmother telling old knock-knock jokes.

In a forum like this, humor is a pretty big part of it all. There is no place for dark humor nowadays. Now SHL is a forum where you look at the sims and share cooking recipes while talking about the weather.

The worst thing is, there are a lot better places to do those things, so you don´t even talk about cooking recipes and the weather here that often. Fought so hard to create a friendly forum space, but you don´t even use it.

I hate it when people equate offensive language to dark humor. You can make dark jokes without marginalizing a whole group of people.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

01-08-2020, 09:01 AMSegi Wrote:
01-08-2020, 08:59 AMjRuutu Wrote: Maybe the whole point is not on if its ok to say ´gay´ or not. Maybe the fact that so many threw a hissy fit about someone using the word ´gay´? Which makes it difficult to find anything to talk about between the two sides? Dark humor vs grandmother telling old knock-knock jokes.

I hate it when people equate offensive language to dark humor. You can make dark jokes without marginalizing a whole group of people.
Yeah! You can ask SDCore to personally nail Aaron Wilson to a cross without having to use the word “gay”.

Silly Ruutu

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-08-2020, 09:01 AMSegi Wrote:
01-08-2020, 08:59 AMjRuutu Wrote: Maybe the whole point is not on if its ok to say ´gay´ or not. Maybe the fact that so many threw a hissy fit about someone using the word ´gay´? Which makes it difficult to find anything to talk about between the two sides? Dark humor vs grandmother telling old knock-knock jokes.

Nothing says comedy like : guys pls - do not marginalize this group
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 09:14 AM by bluesfan55.)

i think most of us agree that Hamilton are in the wrong here (which they are imo), and I think we all agree that this season, as well as next season, is just going to be a wash. if the Steelhawks win the cup, there’s going to be a lot of complaining. I’m looking forward to the FHM switch, besides the doubts I have about a possible update scale, because it means there won’t be a situation like this again. it brings more parity and player types.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-08-2020, 09:08 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:01 AMSegi Wrote: I hate it when people equate offensive language to dark humor. You can make dark jokes without marginalizing a whole group of people.
Nothing says comedy like : guys pls - do not marginalize this group

That group feeling welcome and not targeted is worth more than whatever 'comedy' needs that shit to be funny.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno