Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

PBE Affiliate

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

In a not very realistic playoff scenario, let's see what happens when the Atlanta Inferno win the cup. First, we play the Baltimore Platoon in the first round. They have 400 tpe more than we do on average, but sure why not let's say Atlanta wins in 6 at home in front of a raucous crowd. In the next round, since we're already off to an unrealistic start, we take on Philadelphia who also pulled off the upset over Tampa Bay. This would be a fascinating matchup, since glutes and i are very close with ass and honkerrs so it'd be a nice rivalry match. We win, of course! (hacks!!!) And move on to play Buffalo in the finals - a revenge game for Eko van Otter against his own team. In the finals, we meet Chicago and there we suck out Patty's soul by letting him get close to tasting the cup and then coming back and winning the series so patty can have no joy muahaha. orrrrrrr maybe we'll just get swept in the first round hehe

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

We did it! The Up and Comers pulled it together, after a couple tough losses during the round robin games, coming up big against their worthy opponents, the Superstars! We went in with the mindset that we had nothing to lose. If we lost, we'd still be happy with making it this far as the new kids on the block. BUT if we won, we'd have overcome incredible odds! This mindset removed any pressure off our shoulders and allowed us to go out and have fun doing what we're quite good at. Everyone came to play. The Superstars made it tough from the get go, but we kept up with them. What we didn't have in skill, we made up in heart and effort. We didn't give up in the corners, we didn't let the Superstars get too comfortable with the puck, and we definitely gave them little heart attacks whenever we rushed up the ice on a counter attack. Ultimately, we found the net more times than they did and came away with the 4-2 dub. It was a great journey, but now...back to being frenemies!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

It's finally the time the season stays interesting. There are Play-Off games. For my team, this branch is in some ways successful, but the first impression can be misleading. In the first round, a team from Calgary, against which we played relatively successfully during the regular season, succeeded in winning a lot of important victories. But on the table they are above us and are certainly considered favorites of their kind. But we haven't come here to give somebody something, we'll fight to the end. If we can win, then the teams of Los Angeles or San Francisco will come across, against which we also have the strength to fight like the same. If we are able to overcome this turn, there will be teams worthy of the League's Champions titles that will be harder to face. But we can and will try to prove it in the square, too. Personally, I expect a good team performance from myself, this time there will be no expressed desire to be successful, most importantly, that the team finally wins. Only by such a game can we win. This is one of my last seasons, so I want everything to work out. Together, we can do a lot.

Prompt 2

In the first round of the playoffs, the Teyas Renegades will face the Minnesota Monarchs. On paper, we are heavily favoured in this matchup and I hope that we can clean sweep them 4-0. I hope that we have such a strong start into the playoffs and that I can get some good playoff stats in those games. Our next opponent then would most likely be Chicago who are equally favoured versus Edmonton. Our series with Chicago should be very close, but I predict us going to game seven and winning that 3-1 with High Haschdi having a huge impact with 1 goal and 1 assist in the final game of the series. In the conference championship, the Los Angeles Panthers are our most likeliest opponent in my opinion. That game is a bit easier on paper than Chicago and I'm just going with a 4-1 series win here in dominant fashion after losing the first game. Then in the last game we'll get our revenge versus Hamilton from last year. That should be a hard matchup again, but we're gonna surprise everyone and just clean sweep them to win the cup!

[Image: Haschdi.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 12:58 PM by mer.)

Prompt 1:

Team Up-and-Comers arrived to the final showdown against the Superstars hot off a win and with plenty of wind in their sails. They had defeated the Grizzled Vets, they could conquer the Superstars with enough determination and teamwork.

At least, that's what they thought.

Players like Ryuuji Minamino and Emilia Bergman may not have years of experience under their belt, but they are at the height of their career, and they certainly played like it. Right off the first faceoff, Mitchell van der Heijden sent the puck towards Steve Harrington, who scored ten seconds into the game. Brick Wall splayed in its wake, and the replay showed he didn't have a chance.

It wasn't a bloodbath. Somehow, Rashford and Jammin managed to block the shots that Brick Wall couldn't and the third period started 2-4. McHits and Jarrow each manage to eke out a well-shot goal, with sleek passes made by Fiske.

The game finished at 4-4. After impassioned speeches by McHits and Rashford, overtime started. The Up-and-Comers played strong defensively, but couldn't get any shooting chances. It was on a breakaway, five minutes into the second overtime, that Minamino scored on a breakaway.

The younger players were disappointed but not devastated by the loss - they'd played better than many thought possible, and they had long careers ahead of themselves where eventually, they would be the Superstars.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Prompt 2

First off, Prompt 2 has been more interesting than Prompt 1 to me throughout the entire season. I feel like if you didn't go with Prompt 1 the very first PT, it felt weird and awkward to pick Prompt 1 for the rest of the season. But anyway, ATL doesn't really have any bracket shake-up that could help them win the cup lol. Like I mean maybe ATL would have a chance if we got to face TOR in the first round, but even then that's a stretch. SFP could be a decent first round matchup, but I don't know what wizardry we would have to see to see Atlanta picked up and moved over to the west coast. I know California gets lots of earthquakes so there might be a 0.0000000001% chance one is so bad that San Francisco is transferred over to the east coast.

WC 153

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2021, 12:58 AM by Gordon Bombay.)

ISFL Affiliate

Gordon Bombay in the ISFL

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

What a matchup that it would be. Man oh man, to sit there playing against so many great players from the SHL this season in the cup, with the underdogs. No one thought Tampa Bay would get to the finals against such a stacked team, but he heart, grit, and determination drove us to this point. While we sit and fight a dogged seven game series against such a stacked team, even being down every game in the series, Tampa Bay was somehow able to push it to a deciding game 7. It would be hard fought, and bloody right until the last whistle, but I think that Tampa Bay would be able to come out on top. Just by sheer will, sheer determination, and sheer blood. Game 7, it would finally the Tampa Bays trophy, as they were able to come together as a whole unit and bring something home that has not happened in what feels like forever.

(160 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Edmonton had a rocky finish to the season, going on a prolonged slide, and now we're in the playoffs as the 8 seed in the West against...Chicago. As a 64-point underdog. Oh boy. It's okay, as long as we play our game as much as we can (and also get god-mode performances from our goalie every single game) we'll be good to go. If we win that series and get the upset, our reward is...playing the other top team in the Central Division in Texas. They swept us last year in the West final, but we'll get our revenge. I have Calgary coming out of the Pacific in my bracket, so let's dominate them like we did last season and get all the way to the finals. Now we're just one series away from the Cup, and I'll say it'll be against Hamilton, because that's just how the East seems to be these days.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

PBE PT

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

PBE PT

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

So we are currently facing Quebec. We win the series 4-2 with some bumps along the way and move onto the Carolina Kraken. In a close matchup, we outlast the Kraken in a 6 game series that has a few real exciting matches. Then, we meet Vancouver in a rematch of the Quarterfinals from last year's playoffs. After falling down quickly to a 3-1 deficit in the series, 3 consecutive wins roars us, Game 7 being an Double OT Win with Rinky McDangle scoring the game winner to volt us into our first 4 Star Cup Final in I'm not sure how many seasons? Maybe 10ish? Something like that. Our final matchup is Anchorage. The best team in the league this season. One last opponent standing in our way. One last hurdle in our journey for greatness. One last turn around the corner. In hype playoffs fashion, we alternate games back and forth until the series is tied 3-3. Game 7 heads to OT. Stick is on @"FormuleUn" 's stick, and he grips and rips it home for Colorado to be the 4 Star Cup Champions. Shoyo gets the MVP scoring us the goal that wins it all.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

First off: No the Prompt 1's have been garbage, nothing wrong with basic ones than weird pill ones. But now the main thing of the playoffs this has the Baltimore Platoon who was against the Atlanta FireChickens. We obviously have to beat them in the 1st round in order to continue this but I would say since we are the higher seed we would have this happen anyway.

The 2nd round I forget who we end up playing. I want to say the Texas vs Philly or something like that round? Truth being told I just don't remember who is on the right side of the bracket but I know in the semi finals we face the winner of Hamilton and Buffalo. I would say that Hamilton wins through cheese or something but then that is the conference final!

I personally think we lose this series but you never know. In this example we will win it 4-3 in 2OT. As for the final? Chicago I believe win it but I have to pick Balitmore to win it all cause obviously I'd like the ring and well its us vs Chicago. 4-0!

Yeah that is very clearly going to happen I guess.

[207 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]