Create Account

S44 PT #4 - Definitive Suggestion Box

SHL Expansion.

It’s happening. It’s time. There’s a lot of active players who are just coasting around on third lines and/or are stuck in juniors for perhaps a littleeee too long. I think its pretty obvious that another great reddit class will really jam pack everyone’s prospect pools. The junior teams are mostly full, and we’re at the point where we need to ask if someone else can sign newly created players, since most of us have no room. I hear a lot of people’s concerns already with this, and while I understand some of them, I think this is the best way to go in the long run. It doesn’t have to be difficult. Two more teams, one in each conference. In terms of playoffs, perhaps we can add something where teams 4 and 5 in each conference meet in a best of 3 series for the final spot? That way, we’ll have 10 teams play in a playoff game of sorts, keeping only 6 total who have nothing to do. As talented players flock to places with more playing time, or money, the league will see itself even out a bit. But either way, we need to do something, and this is the right way to go. (209)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

SHL EXPANSION

There has already been a lot of discussion mounting about the idea of having an expansion in the SHL, and why that is a good or bad idea. Much like other contributors here, I will be taking the position that there should be an expansion within the SHL. We have seen ourselves in the SHL enter partnerships with other sports sim leagues, and following Reddit drafts we should expect a large influx of players pushing for spots on SHL teams. For this reason we should look at expanding the amount of teams either in the SHL, or in the SMJHL. Despite being inactive due to extraneous circumstances in the recent months, I have witnessed players on my Ex-team being unable to play due to too many players that were active taking up spots on the roster. That is very un-gucci. I feel that adding a team to the SHL would take the top talents from the SMJHL and plant them onto SHL rosters, giving room for the prospects and future draftees to see themselves play, or there be another SMJHL team so that un-used talent can be traded or be drafted in the first place giving them a chance to play. In the end, the SHL is here for the enjoyment of the players, and nothing is less enjoyable than being put off to the sidelines. That is my argument as to why there should be an expansion within the SHL.

I like the idea of expansion during season 50. I think that it gives us enough time to do a couple more big recruiting drives to make sure the teams are active and not a wasteland of inactive players. I think starting the conversations now and getting potential management teams lined up could be a big boost to starting those recruiting drives. Having something to show potential new players in a "hey you get all of this plus the new expansion teams (Unknown) and (Unknown) coming in season 50. We have a few teams who are looking like they are building towards potential dynasties so I think we need to be cautious also in our excitement to expand as cutting these windows short via expansion could also cause players to leave the site as they would no longer feel they were in a place they wanted to be. I think if we do go the route of expansion we would want new blood in the GM roles to keep things fresh.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

The TPE cap in the smjhl should be reviewed. At present it is very rare for a player to be called up after one season but anyone that pushes hard to earn all the TPE available is able to cap themselves before the start of the second season. A cap of 500 would allow players to remain interested in their players development until at least the end of their second season in juniors. As well as this it would allow for more build diversity as at present any points spent over 80 are prohibitively expensive. Players would then have a better idea of how well their build will translate in the SHL rather than just unbanking and hoping that you don't have to reallocate later on. I'm sure there is concern that it will widen the gap between newbies and the top level players but if you are active then just buying equipment and doing team training camp is enough to push you almost to 200 TPE as soon as you are drafted so the only people really impacted are 155 ifas that honestly should be considerably weaker than a top level junior player

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

- A 2nd Defenceman Award
- SHL Expansion
- New way to view the SIM results
- Restructuring of the archetet types (player builds)
- A Higher TPE Cap in the SMJHL
- Sponsorships
- Media changes

Task: Pick one of the ideas above or an idea off this list which you believe needs to be fixed or added to the league and in 150 words or more let us know how you would like to see it work and how we can add it! (The boys in HO have been notified about this PT and will be tagged at the end of it to review all suggestions, so feel free to be as elaborate as you want.)

I think that there needs to be a major overhaul in the different archetypes that are available to make our players. As it stands right now most all players, regardless of whether or not they play offense or defense, end up with similar builds at end game and it just comes down to sim luck in regards to how well a player actually performs in their role. I know that there are a ton of factors that go into making changes that are fair across the board, but as of right now it's just kind of curious that most players end up as goal scoring monsters even if they started out as a defensive defenseman for instance. I don't really have any specifics on how it could be changed to improve the situation, but I think that HO has already been putting a lot of thought into this so it wouldn't surprise me if they already had a specific framework that they were testing. Anyway, I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter that much, but I think build diversity would help to spice up the sims for sure.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

i think there could absolutely be a higher TPE cap in the J. i mean, quite honestly if you work hard enough you can be capped by what, early in your second season? i personally took a bit longer as i reached cap late in my second season but once i was there it sort of burnt me out. there was no real drive to do anything more than AC’s and Training. all i could think was “awe shit, maybe with my next player i’ll be more motivated.” but thats definitely not what you want from newer site members. i understand that this is what separates a star or great player from casual players but i think we should be more interested in keeping all players in the league active. plus, the people who want to go all out are the people you see doing quality media content for the most part. without seeing your player grow for potentially months on end theres nothing driving you to put in the work in the moment. i think eventually, if the cap was hightened and we have a steady influx of both new draftees and active members, it could lead to expansion. personally id really like to see it inside the J or maybe even a farm team situation... though i cant say for sure whether thats a good idea or not.

232 words

PBE PT

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring for sponsorships. I'm not a huge fan writing media, and doing graphics on a phone is kinda a pain in the ass. I think that if we had sponsorships, and they were awarded money instead of TPE, it might be a good idea. There's a few ways you could go with it, I guess. Have a pre-made list that players can choose from, either for hitting stat milestones during the season, or for hitting tpe milestones. Maybe in the SMJHL, rookies can pick 1 sponsor, and after their rookie season 2 or 3, and have them set around different roles. Reebok is get X goals, Y assists. Nike is get X PIM, Y hits. Adidas is get X assists, Y faceoff %. Then when you hit the majors, either 3 or 5 sponsors, maybe just have the payout be a bit higher. Pick new ones every season. In the SHL, though, maybe you could have one for hitting 40/40 capped TPE that season.

Doesn't have to be super big money, either, maybe between 1 and 5 mil a season per sponsor, depending on what they hit. Or, sponsors have tiers. Hit X and Y, get 1 mil. Hit the next tier, get 2. Next tier, 3. etc.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 02:28 PM by Blastmeaway.)

Code:
- Restructuring of the archetypes (player builds)

So first the archetypes, I believe in some way we need to make players builds more representative of the style. Along with that i believe that we should make it even harder for players to reach Gretzky levels of success. I believe that only those that do get to the maximum threshold of tpe should be allowed to wear the badge of honor known as being above 1,900 tpe. There are very few players in league history that have made these marks and as such they should be rewarded for doing so.

Next the SMJHL TPE Cap. I believe that maybe we should find a way to allow SMJHL players to have more variety in there capped build. Maybe for instance we use a capped like 450 tpe as the bench mark. Players may continue to earn and spend tpe up to the 450 mark. once they hit beyond the 450 mark they mark the end of their junior career at the end of that season. This will allow some of the more slow earning players to still compete in the J, while those that are speed earners will move on after their second or third season. This might be something that would help in the way of the possible expansion talk as well to help form more young blood across the league and make for more variety amongst teams.

The last thing that i think we should be discussing is RFA or ELC period. My other thought on the SMJHL Cap would be to extend the RFA period out an additional season, make it 4 seasons instead of the current 3. Then on top of that make all ELC contracts 3 seasons in length. To put the icing on top of all of this last idea would be to make the RFA/ELC period begin when the player enters the SHL. Still leave the current beginning to regression in place. The big caveat to all of this would be that while in the J you can only earn TPE using the current "SMJHL Rookies" Training program, this would be the same for equipment (So 500k for 3tpe training each week). We would use the same system as the NHL for how slide contracts would work, but as far as the player contracts would go in the SMJHL, I believe we could then make them all even across the board, all players earn the same amount. I believe that this would then encourage players to continue on with their career and move along to the SHL. This would help bring parity back to the SMJHL, instead of a bunch of Capped teams playing russian roulette for the 4 star cup,

TL/DR:
  • Archetypes/Player TPE
  • -Harder to be fully maxed
  • -Make archetypes mean something
  • SMJHL Cap (There are many ideas here, some correlated some not. Read above for more detail)
  • -Raise cap, but player can earn their way out of the J
  • -Leave cap, but:
  • - ~Length RFA Period to 4 seasons
  • - ~Make all ELCs 3 seasons
  • - ~Allow the SHL contract to slide
  • - ~Make it so while in the J you can only earn TPE following the SMJHL TTC thread, including PTs and no PT Cap
  • - ~All SMJHL Players earn the same, similar to the US Division in the WHL (all players earn a mandatory stipend)

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

- SHL Expansion

I'm looking forward to SHL Expansion, but I think that the rules need to be flexible enough for teams to not lose amazing players right off the bat. I think that protecting 4 defencemen, 6 forwards, as well as a goaltender with all of your prospects protected should be a good enough way for an expansion team to get their roots in and start to grow. I think that teams should also be allowed to trade picks to the new expansion teams in order to prevent them for taking players, much like we saw in the real life NHL Expansion Draft. While I think that the expansion in the SHL is a long time coming, I don't think that teams that are in a competitive spot should be forced to give up large parts of their rosters to help the new expansion teams. Hopefully we see 2 new franchises blossom quickly, much like the Golden Knights blossomed in the NHL.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

so one thing that's been on my mind lately is the idea of raising of the SMJHL TPE cap. Coming from a guy that cant add anything to my build until i get called up to the SHL, it can be boring to say the least. I'm not saying don't remove the cap but do something with it. I propose raising it to around 350 or 400. With this adjustment it will make the juniors less boring and more enjoyable. Another plus with raising the cap is that in my opinion, it will raise the quality of the sim and how you can use your players. With the 250 TPE can only add so much to your player until you just cant improve him at all. With the adjustment to the TPE cap in the juniors i don't see how it would hurt the involvement of the newer members. Once they reach that cap they just sit around waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more. Raising the cap would keep members more involved for a longer period of time. 

Word count 183

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

Ohhhhh boy we should restructure the archetypes for sure man. There amount of pure frustration I’ve had with this archetype system is ridiculous and made the league not fun at all. Its really disappointing having your player instantly be worse than everyone else because you chose to take a certain build when you didn’t know anything about the sim to make a better choice. I picked a power forward because I wanted to hit while still putting up good numbers, but I barely hit and I didn’t put up numbers. I was at 1400 TPE and my strengths weren’t even maxed because I had to dumb a stupidly large amount of TPE into a scoring weakness to be viable as a player. I don’t really have a great answer as to how to fix this problem but one idea that I have is to limit the builds a lot more and have players choose certain stats that they can be higher in. Like have 1 stat at 99, 1 at 95, 1 at 90 and the rest not able to pass 85 while having 1 or 2 that can’t go above 80. I dont know how this would affect the sim and I figure people would react negatively but I’m just sort of spitballing.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I do think that tweaking the cap for the SMJHL could be beneficial. But not necessarily a large increase as some people have mentioned in the past. The current cap stands at 350 TPE. Which for the most active TPE scroungers would take 1 season to reach if they’ve created right after the deadline.
My proposal would be to raise the cap to 400 TPE which would let the average SMJHL player to reach the cap within 2 seasons of playing instead of a single one. What this would do is let SMJHL players progress for longer, be more impactful on their teams, just like overagers in the junior leagues.
Overall it wouldn’t change too much due to most SHL teams leaving their draftees down for an average of 3 seasons but would spending only 1 of those seasons capped compared to 2 will give players more to look forward to.

(151 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Restructuring Player Builds

This is an interesting topic for a number of different reasons. I remember when I was joining the league I had an idea for what I wanted my player to be. Looking through the standard player builds, I felt like I needed to go a bit outside of what my player build said to actually achieve the goal of what the player build actually was. If that sounds convoluted, it's because the entire process is. Checking is probably the most interesting stat in the league for me because unlike just about everything else, you either have it or you don't. Putting fighting and penalty shots aside (and faceoffs for non-centers), unless you're completely capped out those three categories see little to no use whatsoever. I think that the player builds/player roles are unnecessarily strict in the sense that you have to make compromises on what your "dream" player is RIGHT when making your player. And if you want to change it it's gonna cost you a small fortune. See, when I came into the league my ideal player was a Jamie Benn-esque player or, as my last name suggests, Peter/Filip Forsberg-esque player. Great all around players who constantly play the body and have no inherent weaknesses. Great in just about every aspect of the game. However, if I want to have any meaningful impact on the sim other than hits and PIM's, I need to choose something like Strength as my weakness which goes in the face of the best power forwards in the NHL. Peter Forsberg could snipe, pass the fuck out of the puck, play the body, was an incredible skater, had ridiculous puck skills, etc. Obviously if everyone is a superstar, no one is, but I think the differences in TPE more than account for that. Why can't I be an all around player with no real weaknesses if I work hard on my player for 2-3 IRL years?

I'm literally just spitballing here but what if we could choose to be an all-around player and give up one of our 99 slots in favor of having no weakness (and with it, no penalty on putting TPE into what would have been your weakness)? And once we become capped out on everything besides PS/Fighting/Discipline, we can raise one of our 90 stats to 95 at the cost of something like 20 TPE per rank or something.

[Image: insayne.gif]

I've talked about this a ton in the past but I don't think a higher TPE cap is necessary, nor would it be good for the league. As of right now, the SMJHL is really unfavorable for rookies, and usually, the best ones hit the 25-30 point range. More often than not, we see players go from 10-15 points and breakout once they hit the cap. While this is a problem in its own right, a higher TPE cap would exacerbate this. Someone like @StamkosFan who had a really dissapointing first year would probably be feeling even less motivated to stick around in juniors or even in the SHL in general with another mediocre year because of having to play against 450 TPE players every game. It would only make staying 3 seasons even more common, as players would wait until they got a satisfying season in juniors before taking off.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page