Create Account

SHL in a slump?

i like forums

01-08-2020, 09:14 AMefiug Wrote: i like forums
e

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-08-2020, 09:13 AMcharlieconway Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:08 AMjRuutu Wrote: Nothing says comedy like : guys pls - do not marginalize this group

That group feeling welcome and not targeted is worth more than whatever 'comedy' needs that shit to be funny.
I don´t remember seeing anyone being targeted as in non stop comments towards one group. The fact that you started banning some words and some members started acting like little snowflakes in result changes the dynamic of everything. Not the same place anymore.

01-08-2020, 09:29 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:13 AMcharlieconway Wrote: That group feeling welcome and not targeted is worth more than whatever 'comedy' needs that shit to be funny.
I don´t remember seeing anyone being targeted as in non stop comments towards one group. The fact that you started banning some words and some members started acting like little snowflakes in result changes the dynamic of everything. Not the same place anymore.
You don't need to make non stop comments toward someone for them to feel like they're unwelcome.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

01-08-2020, 09:32 AMcharlieconway Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:29 AMjRuutu Wrote: I don´t remember seeing anyone being targeted as in non stop comments towards one group. The fact that you started banning some words and some members started acting like little snowflakes in result changes the dynamic of everything. Not the same place anymore.
You don't need to make non stop comments toward someone for them to feel like they're unwelcome.
If we are 100% honest, brutally honest - if comments that are not even directed to me directly are enough to push me away from the site, is it fair to say that maybe the league was not for me? And in general, maybe internet is not for me?

Does not give ok to post all the hateful comments of course, but overall feeling I have is that very rarely has SHL seen some truly hateful commentating towards any group or individual.

01-08-2020, 09:36 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:32 AMcharlieconway Wrote: You don't need to make non stop comments toward someone for them to feel like they're unwelcome.
If we are 100% honest, brutally honest - if comments that are not even directed to me directly are enough to push me away from the site, is it fair to say that maybe the league was not for me? And in general, maybe internet is not for me?

Does not give ok to post all the hateful comments of course, but overall feeling I have is that very rarely has SHL seen some truly hateful commentating towards any group or individual.

How about the flipside to that... if not being able to use hateful language pushes you away from the site, maybe you aren't welcome here. Fuck off with this bullshit man. People say nasty shit ALL. THE. TIME! There is absolutely no fucking shortage of people being totally vile pieces of shit around here. This whole battle you have against non-existent snowflakes is so fucking tired man. Please put it to rest already.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

01-08-2020, 09:41 AMGrapehead Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:36 AMjRuutu Wrote: If we are 100% honest, brutally honest - if comments that are not even directed to me directly are enough to push me away from the site, is it fair to say that maybe the league was not for me? And in general, maybe internet is not for me?

How about the flipside to that... if not being able to use hateful language pushes you away from the site, maybe you aren't welcome here. Fuck off with this bullshit man. People say nasty shit ALL. THE. TIME! There is absolutely no fucking shortage of people being totally vile pieces of shit around here. This whole battle you have against non-existent snowflakes is so fucking tired man. Please put it to rest already.
When are we going to see active recruitment towards getting people here who want hold each others hand while singing ´Sweet Caroline?´

01-08-2020, 09:36 AMjRuutu Wrote: If we are 100% honest, brutally honest - if comments that are not even directed to me directly are enough to push me away from the site, is it fair to say that maybe the league was not for me? And in general, maybe internet is not for me?
I'd say this advice makes sense if the internet, or this forum in particular, is some unchangeable wild west where rules will never take and anything goes.

But it's not. The excuse "that's the way it is, sweaty" has been bullshit for as long as the internet has existed.

Quote:Does not give ok to post all the hateful comments of course, but overall feeling I have is that very rarely has SHL seen some truly hateful commentating towards any group or individual.
Not aiming this at you personally because I know nothing of you outside of the context of a sim hockey forum, but... that's real easy to say if you're not a member of that group, or if you're not that individual.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

01-08-2020, 09:47 AMcharlieconway Wrote:
I'd say this advice makes sense if the internet, or this forum in particular, is some unchangeable wild west where rules will never take and anything goes.

But it's not. The excuse "that's the way it is, sweaty" has been bullshit for as long as the internet has existed.

Quote:Does not give ok to post all the hateful comments of course, but overall feeling I have is that very rarely has SHL seen some truly hateful commentating towards any group or individual.
Not aiming this at you personally because I know nothing of you outside of the context of a sim hockey forum, but... that's real easy to say if you're not a member of that group, or if you're not that individual.
Its true, this place is not unchangeable, because it has changed - we all see it.

01-08-2020, 09:47 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:41 AMGrapehead Wrote: How about the flipside to that... if not being able to use hateful language pushes you away from the site, maybe you aren't welcome here. Fuck off with this bullshit man. People say nasty shit ALL. THE. TIME! There is absolutely no fucking shortage of people being totally vile pieces of shit around here. This whole battle you have against non-existent snowflakes is so fucking tired man. Please put it to rest already.
When are we going to see active recruitment towards getting people here who want hold each others hand while singing ´Sweet Caroline?´

What the fuck are you talking about?

01-08-2020, 09:14 AMefiug Wrote: i like forums

You sicken me!

(Also your PBE comment on my profile made me laugh as I did not know that was a feature. Thank you <3 lol)

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

01-08-2020, 09:50 AMGrapehead Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:47 AMjRuutu Wrote: When are we going to see active recruitment towards getting people here who want hold each others hand while singing ´Sweet Caroline?´

What the fuck are you talking about?
Language please.

01-08-2020, 09:56 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:50 AMGrapehead Wrote: What the fuck are you talking about?
Language please.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

01-08-2020, 08:26 AMGrapehead Wrote: also HUGE LOL at JP blaming discord and not being able to say "gay"

FUCKING LOSER!

Bruh I know you have a horrid grasp on the English language but it's like you didn't read my post at all

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

01-08-2020, 09:47 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:41 AMGrapehead Wrote: How about the flipside to that... if not being able to use hateful language pushes you away from the site, maybe you aren't welcome here. Fuck off with this bullshit man. People say nasty shit ALL. THE. TIME! There is absolutely no fucking shortage of people being totally vile pieces of shit around here. This whole battle you have against non-existent snowflakes is so fucking tired man. Please put it to rest already.

brother this is the worst take ive seen in awhile and im very good at bad takes

on a separate note id be totally down to share cooking recipes and sing sweet caroline with yall Heart

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e