Create Account

New Orleans Specters Punishment

05-01-2020, 12:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-01-2020, 12:24 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: If they're the ones that were doing the lines it makes sense, no?
I mean you can always keep your mouth shut and not dumpster your teammates even if they’re in the wrong

it’s an all-around ugly situation we’ve got here

Fair.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 12:32 PM by JT3.)

At the end of the day we don't even want any suspensions or further punishments to NOLA. All we want is the chance to beat NOLA fair and square, which we likely would have by admission of your own coaches who exploited the rules in the first place.

Taken from Frith's apology thread:

Quote:Note from slash- of course we didn't want to disadvantage LA in a way that is against the rules, but we clearly needed a shakeup or we are likely not taking a single game in the series. Like frith, I was oblivious to the unique forward rule and thought that the game limitations were our only rules. I found we couldn't explicitly put Williams or Manius on the third line, but leaving it blank would be able to get them out there to help the young guys. Whether or not I agree with the rulebook is moot, the rules are the rules, and I aplogize to Joe and TDZ (who really didn't know wtf we did with the lines), and the panthers, and our team, who earned a hard fought win that will be tainted by this mix up

A fair series has likely been robbed from us due to the fact that HO glossed over the issue too quickly with a light punishment and allowing playoffs to progress without a re-sim. As far as I have heard a re-sim isn't even possible at this point due to how the new index and FHM work. So yeah, I'm a bit pissed off that our best chance at a cup in 10-15 seasons may well have been taken from us because of this.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

05-01-2020, 12:28 PMJT3 Wrote: At the end of the day we don't even want any suspensions or further punishments to NOLA. All we want is the chance to beat NOLA fair and square, which we likely would have by admission of your own coaches who exploited the rules in the first place.

Quote:Note from slash- of course we didn't want to disadvantage LA in a way that is against the rules, but we clearly needed a shakeup or we are likely not taking a single game in the series. Like frith, I was oblivious to the unique forward rule and thought that the game limitations were our only rules. I found we couldn't explicitly put Williams or Manius on the third line, but leaving it blank would be able to get them out there to help the young guys. Whether or not I agree with the rulebook is moot, the rules are the rules, and I aplogize to Joe and TDZ (who really didn't know wtf we did with the lines), and the panthers, and our team, who earned a hard fought win that will be tainted by this mix up

A fair series has likely been robbed from us due to the fact that HO glossed over the issue too quickly with a light punishment and allowing playoffs to progress without a re-sim. As far as I have heard a re-sim isn't even possible at this point due to how the new index and FHM. So yeah, I'm a bit pissed off that our best chance at a cup in 10-15 seasons may well have been taken from us because of this.
At least you're only down 2. You aren't out yet.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

rip shl

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

05-01-2020, 12:28 PMJT3 Wrote: At the end of the day we don't even want any suspensions or further punishments to NOLA. All we want is the chance to beat NOLA fair and square, which we likely would have by admission of your own coaches who exploited the rules in the first place.

Quote:Note from slash- of course we didn't want to disadvantage LA in a way that is against the rules, but we clearly needed a shakeup or we are likely not taking a single game in the series. Like frith, I was oblivious to the unique forward rule and thought that the game limitations were our only rules. I found we couldn't explicitly put Williams or Manius on the third line, but leaving it blank would be able to get them out there to help the young guys. Whether or not I agree with the rulebook is moot, the rules are the rules, and I apologize to Joe and TDZ (who really didn't know wtf we did with the lines), and the panthers, and our team, who earned a hard fought win that will be tainted by this mix up

A fair series has likely been robbed from us due to the fact that HO glossed over the issue too quickly with a light punishment and allowing playoffs to progress without a re-sim. As far as I have heard a re-sim isn't even possible at this point due to how the new index and FHM. So yeah, I'm a bit pissed off that our best chance at a cup in 10-15 seasons may well have been taken from us because of this.

I wasn't trying to throw them under the bus. They came out and tried to put the blame on themselves since they're the ones who did lines. Its not like nobody said anything at all and I said what I said.

Also. I know this isn't going to make things any better, but you guys dominated us Game 1. We got Game 2 from this situation. Game 3 saw both teams have actual lines. Its a clean best-of-5 now. I know that doesn't make any of this better, but...

This is an ugly situation. We all just want to move on from it. Lessons have been learned, no one from NOLA is trying to fight it. I can't make things better, I can't and won't make excuses. All I was trying to ask with my last comment was to not trash the two guys who are fucking furious that this happened.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

05-01-2020, 12:35 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:

I wasn't trying to throw them under the bus. They came out and tried to put the blame on themselves since they're the ones who did lines. Its not like nobody said anything at all and I said what I said.

Also. I know this isn't going to make things any better, but you guys dominated us Game 1. We got Game 2 from this situation. Game 3 saw both teams have actual lines. Its a clean best-of-5 now. I know that doesn't make any of this better, but...

This is an ugly situation. We all just want to move on from it. Lessons have been learned, no one from NOLA is trying to fight it. I can't make things better, I can't and won't make excuses. All I was trying to ask with my last comment was to not trash the two guys who are fucking furious that this happened.

Considering what Slash said in that quote above seems like he isn't being thrown under the bus, he's literally coming outright and saying "this is on frith and I"

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Considering that FHM uses some momentum from game to game, the actions in game 2 likely had an impact on game 3 (whether the outcome would be different we'll never know, but nonetheless it's true).

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 12:51 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

05-01-2020, 12:35 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I wasn't trying to throw them under the bus. They came out and tried to put the blame on themselves since they're the ones who did lines. Its not like nobody said anything at all and I said what I said.

In Game 3 FHM also gave NOLA the hidden momentum boost from game 2, so despite having actual lines there was still and advantage due to the cheated win from game 2. I agree with you that TDZ and Joe is catching a lot of heat from other people making rule breaking decisions for the team, even though it is their responsibilities i don't blame them nearly as much as the people doing the actual tinkering, though of course in the end it's their responsibility,

EDIT wow, we think alike AND have the same name @Otrebor13

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

05-01-2020, 12:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Considering what Slash said in that quote above seems like he isn't being thrown under the bus, he's literally coming outright and saying "this is on frith and I"

Yeah. Wasn’t trying to throw anyone under the bus. Was merely pointing out that two people have already issued a statement and tried to take responsibility.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

weak punishment imo

if this is the standard going forward GMs are gonna do this in game 7's. I'd way rather lose my $2M - $4M in GM pay than lose a great chance at a cup.

not my decision tho

let me fucking recreate without fucking the knights over

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

If it was a clean best of 5 that’d be fine. But it isn’t. You won an away game and brought momentum back with you. In the context of FHM that’s a huge deal, making it a best of 5 with already disadvantageous games for LAP even more so because of the momentum.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

05-01-2020, 01:01 PMFordyford Wrote:
05-01-2020, 12:35 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I wasn't trying to throw them under the bus. They came out and tried to put the blame on themselves since they're the ones who did lines. Its not like nobody said anything at all and I said what I said.

If it was a clean best of 5 that’d be fine. But it isn’t. You won an away game and brought momentum back with you. In the context of FHM that’s a huge deal, making it a best of 5 with already disadvantageous games for LAP even more so because of the momentum.
Isn’t it also not a best of 5? I’m not the best at math, but NOLA being up 2-1 means they could win 2 of the next 4 and its over

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

05-01-2020, 01:07 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
05-01-2020, 01:01 PMFordyford Wrote: If it was a clean best of 5 that’d be fine. But it isn’t. You won an away game and brought momentum back with you. In the context of FHM that’s a huge deal, making it a best of 5 with already disadvantageous games for LAP even more so because of the momentum.
Isn’t it also not a best of 5? I’m not the best at math, but NOLA being up 2-1 means they could win 2 of the next 4 and its over

I mean, he was talking about the series from game 3 onward.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-01-2020, 12:59 PMligma Wrote: weak punishment imo

if this is the standard going forward GMs are gonna do this in game 7's. I'd way rather lose my $2M - $4M in GM pay than lose a great chance at a cup.

not my decision tho

You can't have two players in the J at the same time, can't you create and not join a team in the J? There's nothing stopping you from doing personal trainings and ACs with no team.

Unless I'm missing something.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

05-01-2020, 01:09 PMTommySalami Wrote:
05-01-2020, 12:59 PMligma Wrote: weak punishment imo

not my decision tho

You can't have two players in the J at the same time, can't you create and not join a team in the J? There's nothing stopping you from doing personal trainings and ACs with no team.

Unless I'm missing something.

Nah if you create a new player while your current one is in the J it immediately erases your current player. Just ask @notorioustig and @nour , they're very familiar with it.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]