Create Account

S60 Championship Week

1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups, and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Zhen Roza had a pretty rough season off the ice. No denying that, with people thinking that he had perished in a horrible accident, identity theft, and even sponsoring a bubble gum that turned people the color violet. But the good thing through all this was, his on-ice production did not suffer. For the most part of the regular season, he was one of the dominant goaltenders in the SMJHL. While at the end the Anaheim team dragged itself into the playoffs, his play was noticed and he was able to be nominated for the All-Star Game. “It was a blast for sure. This is my first ever one and hopefully not my last. It was great to see all the studs from the other teams compete and I'll definitely remember that moment forever”. Anaheim had a tough 1st round exit and it was a hard pill to swallow for many, especially Zhen Roza who had finished the series with a .952 save percentage and 1.17 GAA, and 3 shutouts. “While that didn't end the way we wanted it to end, it was a learning experience plus I found a stray kitten after that game so it kind of worked out”.

4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season, I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Yo yo yo, it's your boy Zhen Roza AKA Glove Muffin AKA Hole in Pads.
Coming at you with a Diss track about Championship Week.
It's too long and after all that typing my little fingers get weak.
Leave me alone and let me try to catch a puck
Even if I can’t win and I’m bad luck.
I don't do the tasks that ask me to do graphic
So I write on my keyboard and hope whoever reads doesn't think I'm sociopathic.
The Tasks blend in, and I start losing track
My mind is swirling and starts falling through the crack.
So I need to calm it down and listen to some Jazz
And hope my fantasy team can bring me some TPE with Hugh Jazz.
Looking at the leaderboards I’m dead last.
Better get back to the CW and turn up the radio broadcast.
Back to the mind-numbing, finger-crushing, brain-blasting writing prompt.
Feeling uneasy like taking your mom to prom and getting dumped.
Word to your mother.
Will she go to prom with me?

(Joking Love CW. Love the crew behind these Smile )

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

The team I’m going for is the USA. Even though it’s a cop-out, I feel they have a relatively strong team that besides last year's hiccup, they can bounce back and really make a play for the gold this year. Especially with last year's stud Bobby Lane, who I expect an even better performance. They also have great players like the center Xavier Doom, winger Ethan Price, defensemen Pojo Biscuit and Colin Lambert. Of course, they have the long-time backbone in Strom Chamberlain. It’s hard to look at this team and say that they will do bad. They may not be the biggest dog in this fight but they will take a chunk off of anyone else that tries to bully them. The flash that Bobby Lane showed in the last international showcase wasn’t a fluke. He would impress many this year in the SHL as well. The USA may take gold right under everyone’s nose.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word is ... Verification

16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Taking Luke out to a nice date for only half his money. We making it fancy. But we have to understand if we take Luke out we take Rich out. It's only fair. I would pick them up from their places, Luke sits upfront with me and Rich in the back. They can record a podcast while I drive them to our dinner destination. As we get there we would pull up to the McDonalds drive-through and they can get not 1 but 2 things off of the dollar menu (because SHL money won't pay my bills) and you know what if the ice cream machine isn't broken they can have a McFlurry. They may have to split it though, but they are used to splitting rewards. Then we would go to watch ducks in the pond, maybe throw some bread. At this point, they must be tired and happy so I get them back to their place, tuck them in, kiss them on their forehead, and whisper “You are doing great as HO”.

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Its here I promise, please believe me, I love you

[Image: vikian.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 07:01 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

The identity fraud and online trolling was kinda rough this season, but the real test for Nick Brain came with an absolutely brutal season in terms of offensive productivity for Winnipeg. The whole team struggled en route to a 17-44-5 record, and Nick Brain mustered only 20 goals and 15 assists for 35 points, the lowest point-per-game numbers Nick's had since his early years on Winnipeg's 3rd line. Nick was booed off the ice in several games along with his teammates, and the belief is widely shared that Nick is "over the hill" and can't compete with the top centers anymore.

However, there was a bright spot towards the end of the offseason. Nick Brain went to CEO, one of the biggest fighting video game tournaments in the world, and took home $10,000 for winning the Street Fighter V bracket in a stunning upset, downing many of the world's best with the pink-wearing Dan Hibiki in moments that will be replayed on Youtube for years to come. When Nick retires, he'll still be a valued part of at least one gaming group.

---

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

Well for Pokémon if we're assuming its real and not a game, and if we need Pokémon with practicality AND combat ability, then obviously Arcanine should be a staple on the team. It can generate fire and can physically carry trainers for ease of travel over rough or lengthy terrain. The obvious correlation with Arcanine is Toronto North Stars defenseman Adam Barron, who generates fire with his slapshot and can physically carry an entire blueline corps with his immense TPE total.

Another choice for an ace Pokémon would be Dragonite, due to its physical presence and ability to fly in the air. The most physical presence on a flight based team is Kaspars Claude of the Calgary Dragons, who led all teams with flying mascots with his 159 hits in Season 60.

And finally we'd need an aquatic Pokémon that offers stability, such as Lapras. For aquatic-themed teams, Colin Lambert from the Tampa Bay Barracuda would be the play, as he led the team in plus-minus.

---

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

We might not have a choice given the way FHM works, but having a 14 team playoff is not a bad thing for the J because we want to encourage participation as much as possible. Making rookies feel included by at least having a postseason as opposed to welllllllllp have fun waiting for weeks for something else to happen is key for user retention.

However, if FHM forces us into stupid playoff formats again, we need to go 12 teams at least to keep things sane. We'll still have all sorts of problems with seeding (I feel like Anchorage and Quebec City met each other earlier than the finals once despite having top 2 records.), but at least more rookies will feel involved.

---

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I expect last year's weird tournament to be an aberration, and for a more normal pecking order to return this season. Great Britain, USA, and Canada should be considered the medal favourites due to the superior depth of talent they possess. Adam Barron and Bobby Lane, two of the most talented players in the history of the game, should be leading figures in the tournament for what should be a powerful Canadian lineup. Lucky Luca Del Vecchio had an MVP caliber season for Baltimore last year, and hopes to improve upon a disastrous showing he had in last year's IIHF bracket. Goalies such as Strom Chamberlain and Harry Carpet will be looking to shine brightly for their respective teams.

I predict Canada to win, Great Britain to win silver, and the United States to get bronze. I don't think these medal predictions have ever been right, due to teams like Sweden and Czechs coming up, but what can you do.

---

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

b) Buffalo's continued dominance is way more impressive when you consider that they were a fucking disaster for quite a while in the buildup to their breakout Season 46. WannabeFinn and Tomen have done a terrific job of building a perpetual contender and taking advantage of some teams getting into a jam in the trade market. Chicago is impressive in their own way, but NOLA built to contention quicker and won a Cup before them, and they're still below Buffalo's legacy in my eyes.

c) I kinda hate the redesign of the Chicago Syndicate logo. I liked the yellow and grey, and I think they had two thugs behind the mascot in the background. This new logo looks a bit more like a CIA guy rather than a wise guy. Also I feel like Buffalo's green and yellow is annoying because it prevented Regina from using a similar colour scheme, and the logo could use an update and some zazz tbh.

---

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification Word: TrivialPursuit

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

PBE PT +3

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

Well, this season has been an unusually bright spot in the rather mediocre career of James Ronlain thus far. He set a new personal best in goals, assists, and points for himself this season. Honestly those years where we were rebuilding felt quite dark for Ronlain and it almost felt like we would never reach the time where Tampa Bay would be a competitive team with Ronlain, Fitted, and Fiddler at the helm driving the team in the right direction. But, here we are. We're the old men of the team ready to finally bring the cup to Tampa Bay and I believe that we have it in us. Honestly it felt disappointing to be on a rebuilding team for so long, as it really does tank your personal stats to be a mediocre player on a struggling team. But seeing Ronlain finally pop off over the course of a season has been incredible and it has made all the waiting worth it.

163 words

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I think that we should implement 8 team playoffs if I'm being completely honest. I think it's kinda ridiculous that we would have a league with 14 teams and all 14 of them make the playoffs. I just think it makes the regular season feel kinda pointless when you play a whole season just to make the playoffs anyway. And we all know how playoff hockey can be sometimes, the most unlikely of candidates or the biggest of underdogs can make a run deep into the postseason. Yeah, it does make for some exciting storylines, but it also makes the regular season feel like it has more meaning when you know your final game of the season might not be in a playoff.

123 words

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

Oh man. Well first off, I wanna say that if we had stayed in STHS the whole time I probably wouldn't have stayed active as long as I did. By the time we swapped to FHM I was being called up to the majors and honestly it made things way more exciting with having live sims and not just waiting for the sim index to be updated every morning or every evening. As for my career, well I think it actually would have gone quite differently. I distinctly remember MCP saying one of the main reasons for him blowing up Tampa Bay when he did was because of our particularly poor performance since swapping over to FHM due to how we were built as a team. He recognized that we needed a reset and so he traded away the core of our team and got a bunch of picks for us to use to rebuild the franchise into one that could win in the new FHM era. Had we stayed with STHS, Ronlain could have had some decent seasons starting out his career.

183 words

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

pee

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Milestones +3

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 06:57 PM by qWest.)

3 TPE - ISFL Affiliate Claim

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: tendy

Code:
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)
3 TPE Milestone Claim

Code:
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

Focusing on the SMJHL since that's what I know here, in my PokeSMHL I'd absolutely be looking to try to become a badass Pokemon Gym Leader. Gym Leaders are the coolest and most aesthetic mfers in Pokemon, and I'd want to be one of the true badasses like the 7th or 8th Gym Leader you face before heading up to the League. I'd give the Raptor Badge to worthy challengers after putting them through a gamut of dinosaur themed Pokemon. I'd lead off to soften them up with Hans Graf, a Rock/Dragon that looks like a giant brachiosaurus somhow being held up with two tiny cute lil dragon wings. After that I throw out Max Manning a Normal/Dragon type that looks like a mix between the chad meme and a small T-Rex. Manning is follwed by KEKW Kekkonen, a Rock/Psychic type that looks like a laughing clown mixed with one of those hard headed dinosaurs. Next would be Angus McFife XVIII, a Rock/Steel type in the form of an armored knight stegosaurus. Next up is Donald Jr, a Rock/Fighting type that looks like a triceratops with boxing gloves on the end of its horns. My team is completed with Jack Nishimori, a Rock/Flying type that's a mix of a velociraptor and a pterodactyl.

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-How good the PT/mPT prompts were this season
-How good these CW prompts are
-How much of a hunk that SlashACM guy is
-Oh yeah... we should talk about S60 stuff too I guess.. reg season and/or playoffs.

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

1 person mini-pod for 4 TPE

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 06:45 PM by CementHands.)

Code:

Well it was a pretty darn great season overall for Baltimore, and Karl included. He managed to set a new personal high for points, a very nice rebound season after a slightly down one. Overall the Platoon made some big moves in the offseason and they seemed to pay off pretty huge, launching them into 3rd overall in the league, and first in their division, and winning their first playoff round since the move to Baltimore. Overall Karl has a lot to be happy for on ice, and the young squad is looking to be even better next season!

Off ice things are going well for Karl also. His best friend is getting married this offseason, so he’s been excitedly planning the bachelor party. As they say “you only get one first marriage”, so he’s doing everything in his power to make sure it’s a special and memorable time for everyone involved.

He’s also looking to get some new skates, so that’s exciting.

163 Words, 3 TPE

Code:

14 teams is a pretty tough bracket to build around. I think that it is ok having some teams miss the playoffs in juniors. It is difficult to maintain engagement with super lengthy offseasons, but I feel that can be addressed through other means that are better suited to address it than ensuring everyone gets a playoffs. Plus, with the tournament capped at 8 teams, then you ensure a quicker playoff.
Make it something teams strive for. Maybe it would increase some player movement at trade deadlines to try and help a team solidify their roster for the final push. Right now we are seeing super teams anyway, so there are a few that have legitimate shots each season, the rest are either treading water of rebuilding.

127 words, 2 TPE

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
Deserve is not the word I would select here, but I think they do. Individually looking at the teams Buffalo has been a top team and a contender every season Karl has been playing and seem to have access to a fountain of youth. Chicago on the other hand built from the ground up in the expansion draft and put together a contender. They have made the needed moves to stay powerful.
72 Words, 1 TPE
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
The continued dominance of Buffalo is definitely something to be admired. They always seem to win every transaction they are involved in. Are they stuck over cap before the start of the season? No worries, they will probably flip a player for a rental upgrade and pick up a lottery pick in the same transaction.
55 Words, 1 TPE
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
I really dislike the Buffalo logo. It looks extremely dated, and it might be with a lot of teams having undergone updated over the last few seasons. Buffalo uses unique green and gold colors that some people seem to love, but I am definitely not one of them. The brand in general looks like it needs a refresh and update.
60 words, 1 TPE
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
Verification: BAP
3 TPE

Code:
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Well first off I’m a gentleman, and secondly it’s a lot of money, so we’re pulling out some stops for ol Gritty. (First off Luke is definitely over 18, right? Also this is giving me some weird date the commish vibes and I hope we stray far from that)
The night starts. I pick up Luke at precisely 6:30 in a limo. We go to [Insert Favorite Restaurant here] where I have booked the entire thing for the evening, so it’s just the two of us. We eat by dwindling candle light and just maybe have a lady and the tramp moment. After we go to a real live NHL game of Lukes probably favorite Philadelphia Flyers where I have a box rented for our enjoyment. After a thorough beat down of the Pittsburgh Penguins (insured by some of the heist money) we go out for ice cream, which is enjoyed in the limo afterwords I take him home and make sure he gets in safely.
NO MORE, IT’S THE FIRST DATE.
THE END

174 Words, 2 TPE

Code:
Link 3 TPE

Total TPE = 16/16

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 07:28 PM by thedangazone.)

Code:

So for Keith Lee there was definitely a lot of ups and downs on and off the ice this past season. While I had a great season on the ice it still probably will not be enough to get me an award and also we ultimately ended up beat in the first round yet again. Off the ice though I did have some good times. I won the rink of honor world heavyweight championship and even though I did ultimately lose it in a hell in a cell match I had a blast doing so. I also have continued to beat the hell out of the chump Doom over there left and right which is an ultimate win every time. Other than that I have been training more than I ever have in my life and should be hitting my absolute peak performance for the Panthers during the next season. Easily hitting 2000 tpe for the first time ever.
159 words

Code:

I will always stick to the stance that everyone in the SMHJL should make the playoffs. While I know we can not hand out participation trophies and we should not encourage stuff like that on the SHL level, to me juniors has been and always will be a developmental league. Winning is definitely helpful to keeping your players active but the main priority for juniors, in my opinion, is to help younger players navigate the league, get used to everything, be able to stay active, and most importantly for them to have fun. Which can be done without winning but allowing them to make playoffs isn't hurting anything especially during the FHM era where upsets are more rare.
118 words

Code:

As per my usual stance when it comes to IIHF after the swap to FHM from STHS, I believe the power house blue blood teams in IIHF will once again be the teams to beat and be the ones medaling yet again. While I do think there is always a chance for a little upset here and there it has definitely played out where most of the time teams like Canada, USA, Sweden, and Czechia have been the teams to beat. Some teams like Great Britain have also been successful though I don't know if they will be again this season. I think the 3 big ones will be Canada, Sweden, USA and they will medal in that order for gold, silver, and bronze. Your guess is as good as mine on which players will play well because to me those teams have so many star players up and down the line up any one of them could pop off at any given time.
164 words

Code:

A. I do not think either team is undeserving. Both teams have spent a long time building up very dominant teams and I can remember back to a time when both teams were average to below average but from hard work have become 2 of the more dominant teams in SHL since the swap to FHM. Neither team should ever feel like they don't belong even if they're not liked by most of us Wink
74 words

C. If I had to nitpick something it would be Chicago's logo to me. I'm not a big fan of the playing into the mafia theme for the city of Chicago over and over and I feel like it's become a very tiresome trope at this point across most sim leagues. Other wise I don't really have a complaint, I like the color scheme and they at least went out there a little bit with the name even if it is mafia related in the end.
85 words

Code:
Limitless

Code:
Milestones claim +3

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 08:00 PM by kenvald.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...
I was turned into Elizabeth Doyle from Buffalo. Which was perfect because before I settled in on becoming a defenseman I always had an interest in the goalie position. It's just such a weird thing, purposefully putting themselves in front of 100mph shots every other night. I guess I can't say too much though. I block a good amount of them myself with a lot less padding.

During the championship games I don't take things too seriously. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so I'm just here to have fun. Going for some crazy acrobatic saves instead of the normal boring deflections and catches. Trying to imitate Patrick Roy as best I can. Having more assists that some skaters on the team. Maybe pick up a goalie fight or two. As long as I don't have to keep the bruises when I get my real body back.

If we lose that's fine, it's not my real team. If we win, well, maybe I should consider switching position.

Code:
This will be the year for Sweden... It has to be. We keep getting better and better but don't have much to show for it yet. This year's lineup definitely rivals the best out there. Canada, Great Britain and the USA will have to watch out. We won't be a team to run over on your way to the finals. Of course the mentioned teams will do great, they always do. With the exception of Canada last year. No idea what happened to them.

In terms of players this is definitely the year for Jimmy Wagner. After sitting out the last two tournaments he finally got his Swedish papers in order and was allowed to join the Tre Kronor. It's been exciting to see him during practice. And I can only imagine how much pent-up hockey rage he has after getting kicked out of the playoffs by Edmonton.

I also think this will be a personally good tournament. I've really solidified my offensive game and should be able to produce a lot more dangerous scoring chances. Now if that will turn into actual goals, only time will tell.

Code:
No salt here. Both teams definitely deserve to be in the finals. Buffalo as we all know won the President's Trophy. Don't think a team can be more worthy than after such a regular season. Chicago on the other hand did well in the west but had a handful of eastern teams in front of them. But their 4-1 series win vs Texas really solidified them as cup finalists.

Code:
15 seasons definitely gives a team enough time to build up a strong enough roster to show up in the finals. What Chicago has done is admirable, but Buffalo's never wavering strength is for sure more impressive to me. Usually in team sports a team has a nice and long contention window, but it always goes away after awhile. But not for Buffalo.

Code:
While their team colors are unique and stand out. The green and yellow in Buffalos logo and jerseys just don't do it for me. They don't compliment each other very well. While there are a lot of boring and neutral colors in the league I think you can standout and still have good looking colors. Like San Francisco for example.

Code:
I have to go with Martijn Westbroek. Buffalo has a lot of superstars on their team which makes it hard to pick a single one. But what Martijn has managed to do stands out. One could say he alone carried Chicago to the finals. Having 25% more points than number 2 in Chicago and almost twice the amount of points compared to his team mates in the playoffs.

Code:
tripia

Code:
+3 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083746

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 11:28 PM by Lime.)

Code:

Hair had a pretty good season. He ended up 1st in assists like he always wanted, though he didn't break any records. Buffalo ended up with the President's Trophy with help from him being 8th in scoring, though he wasn't first on the team. Hair has always had issues with putting the puck in the net. Some say he's a fraud. Others think he just really doesn't value goals at all, preferring assists whenever possible. Up until the last game of the playoffs, Harrington had scored just 4 goals. He was kinda trash. But in Game 7 of the Season 60 Challenge Cup Finals, a 5 season long prank was finally revealed. Harrington scored a hat trick to help win Buffalo their first cup in 5 seasons and deny Jukka Timonen from winning a Cup in any league. Hair had been saving his goals in case he ever needed them to prank his longtime Newfoundland friend Juke. Its a shame his other friends had to be collateral damage though.

Code:

As a person involved in the not dead SHL trading cards, I would absolutely love to collect all the SHL pokemon. I would start of course with Buffalo and Newfoundland players. A mint challenge cup Harrington is first on my list though... If I assemble a team of Newfoundland players I can finally lead the zerks as I should have when J and Corey stepped down. You can only have 6 pokemon so there are 6 in my zerk team. Ham and Patty super OP back in my day. Ham be a flying pokemon or something BS and Patty a fire type. Carpy and Luffy for big throwbacks feeling grass type for both. Charlesworth and Athanasios for members of the current stacked team. I do want a card with Aron Hernadivic lookin like a magikarp that would be pretty funny. Or Chimkin Wing lookin like a torchic is also a play. No i am not breeding them thats icky slash.

Code:

I think everyone should make the SMJHL playoffs. This is most important for rookies where one season can make or break whether they stick with the league. Every rookie needs to get a chance to experience playoffs excitement. Things are a little bit looser in SMJHL, everyone is closer in TPE, so Cinderella runs are more possible and keep things exciting and make every rookie feel like they have a chance. Letting a big chunk of players sit early on in their careers risks too much and I'd rather keep people engaged as long as possible. Leaving out six teams full of guys is way too much.

Code:

a. I think Buffalo absolutely deserves to get their Cup win after a lot of Finals and Conference Finals heartbreak, and selling their souls to acquire one Jeff. Chicago loaded up on players as well for this season so of course these two juggernauts deserve to duke it out for the win. Both are worthy of the cup in my opinion.

b. Buffalo's run is absolutely the the most impressive. It takes nearly as much to make the Finals as to win, and they've made the finals what 7 times? That's crazy. 4 wins. 3 Appearances in a row. Crazy dominant in recent times, and would have been even more so if Hamilton's dynasty didn't butt in on it.

c. I don't think Chicago's logo is that good. It used to be much worse but even since Wasty's redesign I'm still not a huge fan. I guess I just don't like people in logos at all. I don't like the diamond behind him either. The jerseys are dope though and I like the color scheme.

d. The best player to play for Buffalo is Monkey D. Luffy. Our captain has two cups, being absolutely instrumental in both runs. He has the most goals in Buffalo history, an MVP, and much more. He has been an icon of the franchise since he joined. He is very much the successor to Marius, another Buffalo legend.

Code:

lime

Code:

+3 Milestones

Total: 16ish

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 06:17 PM by st4rface.)

1. Written - 3 TPE (150 words minimum)
This season was the best season for Aumy Jr. yet. He had his glow up season statistics wise and best of all - he won his first Challenge Cup. After being down 1:3 in Finals series versus Chicago Syndicate, they came back strong and won Game 6 in OT and Game 7 with 6:3. Yes, this season had ups and downs, but the most important thing is done - cup is going to Buffalo. Aumy Jr. skipped some of team trainings because he was too lazy this season and he definitely could've trained much harder. Same with playing with opponents - he should've played better too. He didn't communicate with teammates too often either, but these issues are solved now too. Internet trolls now can just dip, because after this season - Aumy Jr. is happy! He had ups and downs, but as we see - now he is SHL Champion with SHL's best franchise ever - Buffalo Stampede. Will the next season be even better? It's hard to beat something like this, but hopefully!
[171 words]

5. Written - 2 TPE (100 words minimum)
I think that SMJHL is all about making new users stay active. However, it's about competition aswell and the fact that everyone makes Play-Offs makes it weird. Since there will be seven teams in each conference, I think that only four should make their way out of regular season. Eigth teams of all fight for Four Star Cup and other players either start their off-season earlier or have something like ''Hope Cup'' where they fight for some kind of loser cup or something. Sounds a bit rude, but I don't know how to say it less rude. They just need something to keep activity up if WJC isn't started yet, I think so.
[113 words]

6. Written - 3 TPE (150 words minimum)
IIHF is always unpredictable and it’s hard to predict exact statlines and how nations will perform. I think that Japan and USA will play good as always - there won’t be any surprises. I am very interested to see how my Finnish friends will play with my player in their roster. It’s always unpredictable - hard to say which players will perform good and who will fall short. Same with nations. However, I think that Canada will come back much stronger. They will prove wrong some people. They have decent roster and let’s be honest - they are capable to fight for medals. Honestly - I don’t want to talk about individual statistics, because as we see - it’s impossible to predict it. For example, my player plays insanely good one IIHF and next time flops while he is getting even more ice time. He’s still progressing, but a lot of stuff is changing, so I think there will be again different leaders than in previous time.
[167 words]

7. Written - 3 TPE (150 words minimum)
This is my second player in this league. My previous player was active from S26 to S43 and I’ll be honest - I’m one of these few players who thought that STHS are much better sim engine. First of all, these many changes with TPE scales, teams, simming tools and all other stuff is really boring. These pauses in off-seasons and the fact that they are so long always are ruining the league. In my opinion, plenty players would’ve progressed much faster (specially defenders). It’s always harder for defenders to get points now. And it’s really boring. Why should people create defenders if they can’t see their players getting any points? It’s not cool to gain TPE, upgrade your player actively and see him doing worse than players with 500 TPE less than you. STHS was much more interesting. There are no parity at all with FHM. Imagine actually a team ending a season in real life with 0-50 and scoring less goals than games are played. Insane! Of course, everyone is hyping up FHM, but in my opinion - it’s destroying fun, variety and this league in general.
[189 words]

13. Written - 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words minimum)
In my opinion, Aron Hernadivic definitely deserves MVP of series. He scored goals, assisted goals and was one of the main reasons why we came back from 1-3 deficit in Finals and won them. Buffalo were down 1-3 and I was just thinking that it once again ended with us doing insanely good in regular season and then failing in Finals. Luckily, happend unpredictable - we were like Cavaliers when they came back from 1-3. Now I know how they felt in Finals when they won versus my Warriors, hahaha. However - Aron are definitely MVP of Finals in my opinion. Next level! Did even better than Wang and Luffy.
[108 words]

17. Milestones - 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083783

16 TPE IN TOTAL!

Stars Stars Stars

Code:

Yeah these things were hard to deal with this season, however it was by far not the hardest thing I had to deal with this season. First and foremost being eliminated from the challenge cup playoffs was the hardest thing. We played a tight series against Chicago and just did not get the bounce to go our way. The second thing that sucked was running out of chicken fingers numerous times through the season, for a guy that eats chicken fingers often, running out was not a pleasant time. As for the bright side, this season was a personal best for points for me, and hopefully will be something I can continue building off of. The next positive thing is heading into IIHF season, Austria looks to finally have a competitive team, so there will be more to watch for, and more hockey to play which is always good thing as the off season is always ridiculous slow if you are not playing.

163 words.

Code:

Well I think everyone usually has similar predictions heading into the IIHF tournament, there always seems to be powerhouse teams every season. However, some of these power house teams were not a power house last season. One of those teams being Canada, where they fell down tournament standings in the last IIHF play. However, I think they will be a top 5 team again in this upcoming season. I believe USA will continue to be a strong team, and will make a strong push at winning the tournament. Another team to watch is Sweeden, they have a very good roster, however they have run into some roster problems where they have to many players. There is always some random teams that seem to pop up and do good, Great Britain and Japan are examples of teams like this. However, I think we may see another surprise team try to make a run for it, and that is Austria who has a very young growing roster.

165 words

Code:

A. Well this might not be a popular answer despite them having a huge roster advantage in TPE - but I do not think Chicago deserves to be there. They had a series of 1 goal games versus texas, barely beat chicago and could not close the series off against buffalo. They can build a team, but I think their management does not have the needed fhm experience to counter other teams. (70 words)

B. I would have to go with Buffalo, they continuously build a strong roster that can compete each season, and in this day and age that is hard to do. However, it might be more impressive how often they would lose in the finals. They finally pulled it off again, good for them. (52 words)

C. I would have to say chicagos team name, I dont think you would ever see a real team named the syndicate just to the negative manner that the word syndicate brings. I do think the logo looks good, however if they were ever to be a profession club I dont believe you would see the name syndicate see the day of light. (62 words)

D. Martijn Westbroek is by far the best player, he lead the league in playoff points, sure buffalo had a lot of players close to him but thats exactly it. Buffalo had a bunch of high scores, where Martijn Westbroek was 11 points ahead of his next teammate. He put the chicago offence on his back. (56 Words)

Code:

Oats

Code:

This is easy, I talked to Rich and he told me Luke loves to go bowling. So we would go to a nice bowling alley, play a couple games and yes I would let him win. Once Luke is feeling great from winning a couple games of bowling, we would rent e-scooters - heard luke also likes to go fast. So this would let him have a small taste of thrill. We would ride the scooters back to the house where ultimately I would get the fryer going and toss in some of the best chicken fingers there are to be eaten. I would have a platter of dips so he could taste the rainbow.

114 words

Code:

2 tpe
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083829

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 01:23 PM by Thunfish.)

Milestones: +3

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the player base played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

Personally, I don't think much would've changed for me whether we were on the STHS still or where we are now, as I never really was very good with STHS at any point in my life, whether here, the IHL or even now at the VHL - I just never got the heads or asses of the tool itself, confused most of the categories even after people explained it to me every now and then - in fact, I'm actually very happy that we moved to FHM because it's more accessible, visually pleasant and even easier to promote as games can be broadcasted on YouTube instead of the play-by-play system I watched during that one time I played a Four Star Cup final with Anaheim.

Plus, as a Brazilian who is currently living in Brazil, actually acquiring FHM was a far easier process (and something I already was on my towards doing anyway, given I like OOTP - although not enough to give our baseball affiliate league another shot since I'm kind of really busy more often than not... I was supposed to be studying for an exam for a job at the Brazilian National Bank right now) than STHS ever was. So I think my career would've been the same with STHS, just worse because I wouldn't have a clue of what I was doing. Even more so than in FHM.

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let 'em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I'd say the current style where everyone gets a shot makes it more fun than having a number of teams sit out. I say this based on what we've seen in some sports, like Formula One, where the number of participants led to a rather stale and boring product which is, honestly, a thing you really don't want for the juniors. The juniors are more about having fun and gelling with folks before moving on to the majors, where things are supposed to mature and gain a proper shape. I spent my first career in the majors as a player that was used to certain teams, ones that needed a reliable guy for the lower lines or someone that could help them in a rebuild, so the idea of playing in the juniors for a cup made for a fun introduction to that. I'd rather we kept the playoffs open to everyone.

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Well, given we're essentially four matches in, I think we can sorta tell a couple of teams are more likely to reach the top than others. If we're talking about team efforts, we could probably point to the Norwegians as the team currently running on more fuel than everyone else, namely because they have more players with higher numbers on stats such as points when compared to other names. With that in mind, I think it's plausible to assume they'll at least make the final four. On a similar note, Sweden doesn't seem to be very far off from them and probably are the other candidates for the final four.

I'm obviously cheering on the Finnish (given they were gracious enough to offer me a spot on the junior team for the WJC) and the Irish (with whom I have a history) to perform admirably and maybe reach the top four slots but I'd argue Sweden, Czechia and Norway are the teams currently in the mix for those positions as well. Still a bit too early to call it, though.

I'll come back to finish this later, gotta go study.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

I switch my body into the magnificient Chimkin Wing @Ragnar. I start the day by texting all of my contacts im gonna win the cup. That should cheer them up. I go eat some chicken wings before the game for those sweet proteins. I make sure to drench by beard in buffalo sauce and let it crust in there so I can scratch and sniff it during tonight's game like some amoniac salts to wake me up. I try to play amazing, alas I am usually a defender and Chimkin is a forward. I still try to shoot hard and these big muscles really make that easy with the new body. Meanwhile, Chimkin is in Angus McFife body. his day is exactly like mine, making sure everyone knows he's gonna win the cup, eats wings but he also gets to slay demons. Being the Prince of Fife comes with random demonic summons or zombified citizen and he has to make sure to slay them otherwise.... otherwise something. We visit each other's fanclubs, and there the beeg yoshi uses his prayge powers to return us to our original bodies, so Wing can go play for the win against Chicago instead of me trying to figure out how to play wing.

Code:
Code:
Let me start out with the fact that I really like having all teams in the playoffs. The offseason is already long enough, if some teams were out of it 3 days before everyone else it makes it even longer and demoralising. Everyone in the playoffs means everyone gets a chance to experience the playoffs during their junior years, which is not a guarantee with a different format. An unlucky player could end up on losing teams 3-4 seasons in a row and that is not something we want. However, the alternate format where 2 teams wouldnt make it and the nature of the draft ensures that a team shouldn't miss the playoffs more than twice in a row. As such, the competitivness level of the league would climb up. Would more competetivness make the league better? I am not convinced by that, the big leauge is already competitive enough.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Nathan Explosion played in both eras of the SHL in regards to the sim engines. Nathan explosion was a worthless scrub for most of his career, and was pushed to inactivity due to Simon Tremblay's Simulator which was a crap engine where nothing really mattered except for cheesy tactics. After the switch, Explosion started playing decent, despite not having a single more TPE. When he was expansion drafted to the Atlanta Inferno, masterminds general managers placed him in a winning situation, he started getting some points, and ended his career as the league seasonal shorthanded top goals scorer. Tactics had a meaning, role players could feel useful and STHS was fast forgotten. It litteraly could not have gone better without a switch, considering it made me go inactive as an already shitty player at 1k TPE. The best of this is once I got back, I am now enjoying my best times on this site. So it's really a huge win for me.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
The serie MVP has to be the palyer Chimkin Wing of the Buffalo Stampede. This guys is developing fast, brought energy to his teamate as a rookie, and his two way play basically made them win the playoffs. Without him Buffalo could have been eliminated before, and with him they won the cup. They are 100% winners when Chimkin is in their lineup. Obviously his teamates played a great role in their conquest, and Ragnar would be too humble to admit he deserves the MVP, but as an unbiased party to this whole finale, My vote would go to THE dabber himself.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
verification word : bismute
Code:
3 TPE -https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=117979&pid=3083835#pid3083835

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 12:18 AM by Kyamprac.)

Code:

I am about to age myself pretty badly here, but there is no better generation to me than the first gen. I grew up in the nineties watching the old Pokemon cartoons and wishing I could start out with my own in real life, with preference for Charmander and of course the iconic Pikachu. I have no idea what the new pokemon are like these days but I find it hard to believe any of them can be near as awesome as the originals.

When it comes to assembling my team, I'd have a really hard time deciding on a particular group of players because I really did try to catch them all back in my day. That said, I can say with certainty I wouldn't assemble a team with only one type (e.g. fire, water, etc.). Think it would be best equipped with a variety of pokemon with different skills. Fire types like charmander and growlithe could melt the ice under their opponent's skates to slow their progress, an epic pokemon like Articuno could swoop in and re-freeze it for our players, Jigglypuff could sing the opening anthem (while our players wear earmuffs of course) and other ridiculous fun things like that.

203 words

Code:

I really like the existing system, if only for the purposes of keeping newer players around. Playoffs are exciting, and help to keep people engaged through an otherwise painfully long offseason. Some might argue that it's not as competitive, but I've never really thought of that being the priority for any junior league. While I recognize players stick around the juniors in this sim league longer compared to others, I still see the J's more as development for the big league.. so the more we can do to keep players active and engaged in the league until they hit the big show, the better. Plus it's kind of fun to cheer on the underdogs that manage to throw a few good games in there.

If we did change the structure, I think we'd have to find a way to shorten the offseason or make it more engaging somehow. Make IIHF/WJC stand out more - Puff has done some work on this to date, but I think a little more might be done to increase its visibility and get people excited about it both at the individual country team level and the overarching sim league level. Or maybe enough has been done, I don't know Smile just a thought.

207 words

Code:

As a homer, I have to answer Team Canada on this one regardless of how we're doing or what every other team looks like because... well, Canada is just home to hockey amazingness. We're currently sitting at 4th overall in the standings, but I have faith that we'll climb and have more of an impact at some point going forward. Maybe.

Outside of my homer cop-out, I can ramble a little and say that so far it's looking like the undefeated Finland team is one of the biggest threats, followed by Norway and Japan. I imagine it's hard not to find success when you have high performing players scattered throughout each of those rosters that are sure to give opposing teams a headache. Laforest, Fitted, Stromberg, Ren, Petrov and Scianna all find themselves among some of the highest points earners so far in the IIHF.

That said, this could all shift very quickly as teams catch up in the number of games played and balance the standings out a little bit. Canada is a good two games behind, meaning they could find themselves easily on par with the likes of Norway and Finland depending on how that all turns out.. so go Canada?!!

203 words

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.

[Image: i4Panj9.png]

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of spaced out and got busy with work and just kind of stopped watching playoffs at a certain point so uh. I can't say with confidence who played the best throughout the series kind of off the cuff. That said, I took a quick look through the index and Alexander Roach finished the season with 69 points, and a "nice" achievement like that deserves kudos. Good job pal, you're the real MVP on the team for ending on that sexy note. For real though, for the series specifically I guess you could also just say from a more serious perspective that Hernadivic played really well and put up a fair number of points... so him maybe? I'm no armchair expert but the stats don't seem to lie.

Anyways, congratulations to Buffalo, well played.

139 words

Code:

Hoot

3 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 16 TPE

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 02:00 AM by Keven.)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Everybody's hating on championship week
We all think it sucks and is only for the meek

All this effort for only 16 TPE
Not even enough to upgrade my offensive read

I prefer to get my stats by winning fantasy
But I guess I'm stuck here writing - what a travesty

It's a waste of time
And a waste of my mind

Let's all go back
To when we didn't have to rhyme

I heard SlashACM is a pretty nice guy
But he makes us do this so I want to cry

Code:

I think keeping a playoff format where every team qualifies is the right way to go for the J league. Everyone always talks about how the importance of the J lies in increasing player retention rates, and having the hope of a playoff run at the end of the season is critical for that purpose. One of the best moments of my first season with Quebec was beating Anaheim in round one of the playoffs. Even though we were ranked 10th overall and got destroyed by Newfoundland in the next round, it was nice to have a bit of hope thrown our way at the end of the season. I look forward to the day where a low ranked team can defy the odds and win it all because of an inclusive format.

Code:

a. These teams only got here because they have one thing in common. At least one player from each team was a teammate of mine in QCC. For Chicago, Mat Smith only learned how to be a good goalie thanks to me, and for Buffalo, Alexander Roach learned everything he knows about the game from none other than yours truly. If either team wins, I should also get my name on the cup.

b. Chicago winning the cup once and maybe twice in 15 seasons of existence is very impressive. To set baseline expectations I'll look at my current team the San Francisco Pride / Portland Admirals. In 35 seasons of existence the team has won no cups, which should be the standard for all teams. Chicago is obviously doing a good job here in comparison.

c. The fact that Buffalo exists in the same city as the NHL's Sabres is honestly the worst part about the team. Why not just cross the river and play in Niagara instead of being associated in any way with an NHL team with such little success? Everyone loves Niagara and you could easily just rebrand the team to be the Niagara Falls.

d. As stated in my answer to question 12a, Mat Smith and Alexander Roach are the best players by far for each team. Nobody else on either of these teams in the finals has had the chance to skate and practice with league super-star Kev Kevens so of course none of them could ever compare to Smith and Roach.

Code:

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

In a surprising comeback by the Buffalo Stampede, who were down three games to one, there was one player who stood out in the series against Chicago. Since both teams were able to win three games, the player who deserves MVP should of course be the one who made the biggest difference in the deciding game. Steve Harrington saved all his power throughout the playoffs to explode offensively in game 7 of the finals. After being down 1-2 and 2-3 in the deciding game, Harrington carried the Stampede in the former half of the game by scoring Buffalo's first three goals to keep tied the Syndicate. Even though Harrington wasn't the top point producer overall, anyone who scores a hat trick in game 7 of the finals deserves recognition.

Code:
buffer

Code:

With the massive amount of money that I got from the heist, Luke and I will practically have the entire city of San Francisco to ourselves. In fact, my plan involves renting out the entirety of Alcatraz Island for a day. We can boat over to the island and spend our time exploring the old prison. Nothing is better for fun and bonding than walking through halls and halls of desolate and abandoned living space. When it gets dark we can split up and devise plans about how best to scare and prank one another. When all that is over neither of us will be able to get any sleep, which will maximize our time spent sharing the experience with one another. I'm sure he'll love it.

Code:

+1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083333

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 02:38 AM by zaynzk.)

isfl +3
3. Wow i woke up and now i am in the body of the a buffalo player and decided to have some fun it is time to go wild, i punch the ref and when he sends me to the penalty bench i decide to go wild and swing my stick into the legs of the ref and i beat on him my teammates pull me off now that i have the chaos i decide to swing my legs and hit them with hte blades of my skate causing more chaous and as the buffalo are the dumb things that we need to punch the coach, i look him in the eye and suplex him and then i point at him and scream "Trade ME" and this chaos enfold the other team has been scoing a lot fo goals and now the team has fallen apart and i declare that i am retiring and then swap back to this +3

6. the prediction for the iiff thing the tournament for the international people is that the teams that are good will be the ones that will win? who? russia, USA, Canada, all the popular nations i think this is boring and stuff, i am on latvia and i have no idea what we will achieve in this tourniement i think we might do better then usual but it is what it is i just do not but i wanna win atleast a few games and not come in last place and it is the worst position to land in cause i wanna be the guy who is the star of a weaker countries but it is once in the future when i believe in the team and even tho we will likey see a new person in charge of latvia i think that we can really be a super star for the poeple in the world and i wanna win it all but for latvia, transfering countires is for losers +3

a. NO THESE TEAMS DO NOT DESERVE TO BE HERE THE ONLY TEAM THAT DESERVES TO BE IN THIS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IS THE NEW ORLEAN SPECTERS!! this is the most important thing to do this and i need to do this and win a championship for old new orleans and i belives to do it and wanna try!!
b.continuous dominance is always the more impressive strat while winning fast and early is important it clearly is not as important as they existed for 25 seasons. buffalo having a powerful team for this long is the way more impressive story as it can not there is some other stuff the belief of this
c. these teams are very boring bufallo is smelly and not that big of a impressive thing and i dont like thier colors chicago? i had the mobster theme i like their colors tho bufalo is clearly the worse branding in my own opinion since it is not the greatest best thing for it
d. Elizibeth Doyle is the most impressive player on bufalo firstly evok is awesome so that always helps but the other thing that is important is the fact that it is full of the great things she has done as the goalie of bufalo it is the most important thing that we saw i believe +4

15. pooala +3

= 16

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap