Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

ISFL Affiliate

Prompt 2

The Detroit Falcons don't have much business making the playoffs this season. They'll get a shot though as I believe all SMJHL teams get a chance at the playoffs! A successful playoff run for the Falcons would probably be a rough a tough series against every team. Given their position they would be the underdog favorite to make it to the end so we'll say they play against only the best teams which is a likely scenario given the current standings! Through grit and determination, Jansson will stand on his head to keep every single game close while Vasily crushes opponents into the board's every game, throwing the body and throwing bodies in order to overcome the other skilled teams. Boots will block lots of incoming shots stopping the opposing team scoring chances and the rest of the team will work together against a tired worn out team to pick up the puck and get it in the net for the wins! The Falcons will rise from the bottom and claw their way to a playoff championship.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Prompt 2:

At the time of writing, the first three games of the first round have been played. My Toronto North Stars are currently 3 games down to the Buffalo Stampede, having lost game three 5-2. A monumental comeback against one of the strongest teams in the league, a favourite to reach at least the final four, is required. Our top goalscorer on the season, Rhys Pritchard, will be the catalyst in game four, with a hattrick from Pritchard enough to overcome Buffalo 3-2. In game 5, it will be long-time goalie Harry Carpet's turn to steal the limelight. Carpet will make 37 saves in an astonishing performance, meaning that a lone goal from Bobby Lane will be enough to secure the 1-0 victory. Game 6 will be another close affair, but Ryu Jones - the man who led the Stars in assists in S62 - will provide a crucial assist in the final few minutes to Adam Barron, and the Toronto defenceman will score the winner in a 2-1 victory. Having battled their way to a game 7 decider, Toronto cruise past a nervous Buffalo side 3-0 with goals from Ruslan Zaporozhets, Bobby Lane and Richard Luffy. Then, because I'm already over the word count, we just sweep everyone else to win the cup. (211 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

For the New England Wolfpack to win it all we would have quite a big challange ahead of us. First, we'd have to beat the very dominant Hamilton Steelhawks. Should we manage to beat the Steelhawks, my guess is it would be in 7 games where we fight from behind and just scrape through to win game 7. The following series we will be against the winner of Buffalo Stampede and Toronto North Stars, so most likely Buffalo. That series is another series I predict would go to 6 or 7 games. While we have beat the Stampede in the regular season, they have been our playoff ghost the past few seasons..
The next round will be no easier task than the previous two rounds as we will then most likely face the Eastern Conference regular season champion, the Baltimore Platoon. Again, another long series where we would secure the win in game 6.

Finally in the final, my guess is either Chicago or Texas, whoever won their series. To win that series we would again need 7 games and win it in Overtime.

For all this to happen, Bloomfield would have to play outstanding in goal throughout the playoffs and our defence has to be on point and the forwards have to deliver like we did in the regular season.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Prompt 2

Wow, imaging just being in the playoffs, nevermind winning them. If we're living in fantasy land for a moment, and designing whatever sort of playoff tree we might want, we might as well go full Fantasyland with it and make it the New Orleans Specters Revenge Tour. I honestly forget exactly how many rounds there are, so we're going to jump around a bunch. First, I want to open up the playoffs with some sort of major upset - probably against either Texas or Chicago. Both those teams kick our ass on the regular and I'd like a bit of revenge there and shock the world. In the next round, give me Minnesota or Seattle, teams that have been a bit above our level for the last few seasons and have kept us out of the playoffs. Crush their dreams nice and early. Finally, I want to beat HAM in the finals. And not just beat HAM, clean sweep that is so devastating that they immediately need to rebrand and forget everything they know about how FHM works. Fantasyland sounds nice.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Prompt 2

Tough to say how the Forge might be able to fight their way all the way to a cup winning season. Despite having some really positive results in the season, along with a very strong team identity and capable front office, the Forge are probably not quite at the level of the very elite teams in the league at the minute. With that in mind I would hope we could maybe face one of the weaker teams like Winnipeg in the first round, and follow them up with a team that's more realistic for the playoffs but we can still match up against, like Minnesota for example. From here, it's hard to say where things go. I think we could take on a team like Calgary and give them a good run for their money, and if luck was on our side I could see us getting the W in this series. Finally, I would love to see us pull off a miraculous upset against one of the league's best, think Chicago, Texas or Hamilton, to round off a dream playoff run where the team secures a huge championship win!

Code:
190 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Prompt 2. I think that for the Seattle Argonauts, the dream ride would be pulling off the upset series win against Calgary in round one. Probably with Vandy getting back his OT winner that we lost in the resim to end the series. In the second round, I think I don't have a preference between the California teams, but it looks like we'd play the Los Angeles Panthers. I think this would be fun as a lot of my old friends from Carolina are on LA and it'd be fun to give em a season's beating in the Christmas cheer. Just for fun, I'll get the series winning goal. I think we'd win this in six. In the conference finals, I think it'd be fun to play Chicago, and sweep them. That would really put the league on notice. And then of course, we'd probably find Hamilton in the finals, and reverse sweep them, with Reid getting the series MVP. For full drama and league memeing.

[Image: blasoon.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Hmm, how would I want the Chicago Syndicate to make it to the Challenge Cup finals and eventually win it all? Well, what would make the run more extreme than any other cup run we have seen would be a completely new playoff format. We literally take all of the non Chicago teams in the SHL and pick them out in random order. Then, every team plays a seven game series against the Syndicate in order of selection. Chicago would have to win every single series against every other team in the SHL in order to win the cup. However, if just one team managed to beat the Syndicate in a seven game series, that team would immediately win the Challenge Cup (better hope your team comes up in the beginning of the order, I guess?) And then further, since this is literally just my fan fiction, Chicago would go on to sweep literally every team in the SHL in order to win the most contested Challenge cup ever.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Prompt 2 (a boy can dream):
[Image: 9YOQ8hI.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Prpmt 2
Fuck outta here if Tampa didn't win the cup yeah we did we beat Baltimore we beat philly we beat Hamilton and we beat fucking everybody because fucking there are bunch of pussy ass bitches and they can't hang with us dog. Michael fitted and had 55 goals and 15 playoff games I know dog we won the company only 15 games it's amazing after game 3 of the finals ever like you know what it's there just give it to him fuck it it's over fitted for coach fitted for GM fitted for a fitted hat fitted for fitted tucks hot dogs all around troll a Carrier in the hammer it was a good day dude it was a good fucking day not getting my free TPE and you might as well give me some media money too because the media greater suck yeah fucking let's go dog goat shit

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Prompt 2

The playoffs have already begun and the Buffalo Stampede are off to a great start. There was supposedly a game where we lost to the Toronto North Stars, but I have no recollection of such a thing happening. We did sweep them in four games, a great warmup for the real challenge of the playoffs. As is tradition under the new playoff format, the real cup finals happens in round when the Stampede square off against their arch nemesis in the Hamilton Steelhawks. This year, everything lines up well for the Stampede and we take the series in six. Onto the conference finals, where we face the upstart Baltimore Platoon, where we remind them who the big dog in the east is. In the Challenge cup finals, we have a rematch with the Chicago Syndicate from a couple seasons ago. The whole series is a nail biter and headed to game seven. But in the final match of the season, Elizabeth Doyle reminds everyone who the best goalie in the league is, and pitches a marvelous shutout on her way to the Stampede's third cup in the FHM era.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 08:58 PM by fever95.)

PROMPT 2
[Image: 4WDjz9z.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS