Create Account

S77 PT #0: Call me again when the season starts Due: Sunday, June 9th @ 11:59 PM PST

if rip thunderdome's general manager tried to reach out to him while rip td was on vacation, it would not go well for the general manager. first of all, dwight knows better than to interrupt the vacation of a guy like rip td. he is a menace to society. second, there is an extremely easy excuse to be had in order to remain on vacation. rip td would simply tell dwight (aka mr hockeyiscool) that he is on a religious mission and will not interrupt his mission for silly advertisements. rip thunderdome is traveling to the land of gumba to preach the word of the thunderdome to the citizens of the land. he visits ambacas cuddles and his wife sam manson from danny phantom. then he heads to @Pingy Pingu's house and calls the rest of the pengus to gather. he reports the fall of the thunderdome and pandemonium erupts. to be continued...

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The first part of this story, or should I say lie to the General Manager of the team, is to just say that I am out of town or out of the country and would not be able to attend these in-person shananigans with the public or the PR team. As much as they are important and really what the league revolves around, getting my ass out of whatever I am doing to go do this for a whole day is really out of the question.
The next thing I would do, is try to find a common ground. What if, I tell him Ill film something on my own terms and will do that to get the activity we want? I can make a tiktok or some sort of Instagram video for our team oage, maybe do a Q&A video, something along those lines. The GQ videos they do of the 10 essential items you can not live without would be a great way to make people have a better look at my life and also do from the comfort of my own home.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Task 1

Vaseline Podcalzone has been captain of the Seattle Argonauts for way too long to count by this point. Thus, the idea of participating in press stuff on behalf of the Argos feels like an obligation that he knows is simply natural of him to fulfill. Indeed, even before he was captain, he understood how important it was for him to have a good public image not just for his personal brand, but to represent who the Seattle Argonauts are. Recall that the Argonauts were a fairly new team back then during Podz's early years in the league.

Thus, Podcalzone, upon hearing about this offer, immediately drops everything to go and participate. It sounds cliche, and it likely is, but when an opportunity arises to build some good publicity, that really does go a long way. Sure, by this point in his career, Podz has cemented quite a legacy in the sim league universe equivalent of Seattle, but a few more good boy points never hurt anyone.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Option 2

My players prepares itself best when drinking and doing drugs at the lake house. Fire up that grill every night and have some friends over. We do grill some nice steaks and ribs, have the best whisky that is available and snore some lines and party all night long. That is how I do my prep for the new season. Working out is for rookies that still need to proof themselves, but not for me. I am done with that shit. I am a veteran on the team and I have deserved some slack and just want to enjoy myself and spend the milions I have earned over the years on a good time. I know some people do not agree with this, but fuck 'm. If they do not like it they can trade me to a team that does appreciate me. By the way, anyone want to come to my lake house tonight?

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2024, 07:56 AM by hhh81.)

Prompt 2 btw

M'Baku Olubori has grown accustomed to a certain amount of downtime after the season—Baltimore for the longest time struggled to break through (despite Baku’s best efforts to get over the hump). Then he’d have a little time to shift gears for IIHF. This season was different—during the IIHF S75 tournament, Sweden went all the way winning gold. Baku immediately turned around to fly to Nigeria for a week before heading back to Baltimore for preseason workouts, into training camp, into preseason games, into the season. You can see what happened next—the S76 Platoon group clicked on all cylinders on their way to a President’s Trophy finish and a Challenge Cup appearance (the first of GM Johnny Hamilton’s tenure). Unfortunately the team faced one final barrier they weren’t ready to jump over, and lost. Then Baku had to immediately fly to Visby, Sweden for IIHF. He missed all of the team camp and was tired from a grueling SHL playoff run. While his individual stats were ok, the team at large wasn’t up to their own lofty expectations and missed the medal round for the first time since S71.

All that being said, Baku is taking it easier this offseason to let his body recover. He understands that age will start to catch up with him, and he needs to stay evergreen like Dirk Nowitzki did to hep keep Baltimore going strong.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Option 2
Kaarlo Koivunen himself prepares for the season with making sure his physically and mentally fit with going to the gym and execrising to make sure he is doing well with all the stuff going on and that vacations didn't hit him too hard on his physical readiness after that kaarlo koivunen will rest so he is already ready to give it his all in the pre season games and specially in the regular season resting isn't just relaxing on a couch tho he still runs and stuff also hes getting used to the new area in calgary due to moving from yukon malmute to calgary so he would also go see places around to make sure he knows calgary and doesn't get lost and knows all the places around him after that its just mostly resting but still making sure he goes for a walk everyday to make sure he doesn't lose any fit well thats it.

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

With the offseason winding down, Dunkler has two key tasks he must accomplish before the start of the season. Fortunately, both involve flights to tropical islands so it is a little bit of relaxation even if Dunkler has some work to do while he’s there.

First, Dunkler catches a flight to Indonesia to the few islands that are the home of the Komodo dragon lizard. This carnivorous lizard can grow up to 9 feet in length counting its long tail, and weigh up to 200 pounds. For some reason, Dunkler thinks the venom of the Komodo dragon is key in maintaining  a long SHL career. He illicitly obtains several vials of venom to last him all season.

Every year Dunkler finds a new remote island to inhabit for a week during the offseason. While there, he does relax some. But he also has to survive. What does he eat on the island? What does he drink? How will he get home. For some reason, Dunkler believe this survival challenge is critical to having a successful SHL season as a 3rd pairing defender.

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

With the offseason coming to an end. Players, coaches, and training staff are waking from their offseason slumber. While everyone was off relaxing or on vacation with family, Jeyeff Effo was hard at work the whole time preparing for the following season. After a disappointing rookie season, it drove Effo to train harder than he has ever trained in his whole life. How can he play better defensively was the big question everybody was asking at the end of his first campaign in the juniors. The path to improvement and glory was easy to see for Effo, the best way to get better defensively was to improve offensively. The best defense is the a good offense, or something like that, Effo's logic is of sound mind. He spent his offseason bulking up so he can shoot his shots harder, pass his passes passier, and skate his skates skatier. All this hard work inadvertently made his butt bigger, much much bigger. So much that his shot blocking has also improved with that dump truck of a behind. Everyone will be jealous at how nice Effo's butt will look in yoga pants come training camp.

195 words.

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Option 2

The final few weeks of the offseason are no different than the initial few weeks in terms of rest and relaxation. It's important to enjoy all the time you're given to relax while also maintaining a healthy lifestyle to be able to handle the season when it comes, but the preseason is exactly the time to get back into the swing of things and start the rigorous training regiment again. It's much easier to get in the mindset of the regular season grind at the beginning of training camp and preseason rather than trying to decide an arbitrary day of the offseason to start getting into gear. Especially if your team was one that went for a deep run in the playoffs the extra days of recovery before the next season starts again are important. I guess if your team didn't make a far playoff run then you could return to train a few days early to ensure you have a better chance of having a marginal physical edge over your opponents this time around.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Option 1:

Paul Bondage does not mind the random calls for things to do at all. He understands that this is all a part of the job of being a professional hockey player. Could he have enjoyed his time more just sitting around playing the critically acclaimed award winning MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV, that has a free trial, including the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the award-winning Heavensward expansion AND the 3rd expansion Stormblood, up to level 70 with no restrictions on playtime? Sure, but you only live once, go out there and meet some fans, shake some hands, do good in the community! Paul Bondage will be a rookie on Atlanta for his first season and needs to make a good impression. This goes for team mates, coaches, and general managers as well. He will have plenty more days to rest in his future, one day of doing things for the team is nothing to be upset about.

WC: 159

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Graphic option.

Shaggy and his dog Rug went fishing. Rug needs no disguise, always looks like a mop.

[Image: 5JkrvHe.png]
(sorry about the bad editing)

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

ISFL Assoc Claim

Option 2

Luca Pane does not take many breaks in his life. Though, after a tough season he did take a little trip back home. Seeing his old friends help re-set his mind to be more focused for the next season. After returning from his Italy trip, Luca was back at the training facility in New Orleans working on his daily routines. This past season really showed Luca where his flaws are. Unsurprisingly, it all boiled down to not converting his chances in the offensive zone. Holding on to the puck too long and not always making the right pass. His focus this offseason is getting his brain to think and react quicker while being able to finish. Luca was seen doing simple shooting drills, which seems normal at first glance, but the difference being is he changed his stick. Not only did he change his stick, he changed his form. When Luca first joined the league, he wanted to score goals. He wanted to be the super star for whatever team he was on. He lost track of that, but now knows what needs to be done about it. With the daily trainings, Luca has made significant steps into the right direction.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Option 1:

Marton Diehm has never turned down a chance to meet the fans. Being so far away from home, his Renegade teammates and the local community are his only social connections and the support of the fans can sure make it feel like home. Plus he's not doing much traveling this offseason with so much time and attention paid to the opening of the Island Gym, his Survivor-inspired fitness emporium. Every day there is a bit like a meet and greet already, with Renegade fans stopping by to catch of glimpse of Marton, maybe snap a quick photo with him, and to see what the hubbub is all about. Heck, if they ask nicely enough, Marton will work with the PR folks to host the event at his gym. Yes, it's a for-profit business, but can still serve as a focal point for how the Renegades involve themselves in the community beyond their games. Come test your balance, your strength, and your nerve at the Island Gym, meet some Texas all-stars, and get hyped for season 77!

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Written Option 2:

In order to prepare for the upcoming season, I have found it of the upmost importance to work only on my shooting. As a defenseman, some people might believe that it is all about protecting goals. However, Hashbrown O'Fink does not believe that the defense should be responsible for defense. The job of the goalie after all is in the name! They need to be able to stop goals at a high level and who am I to stop them from doing that. They are getting paid the big bucks after all! So, O'Fink truly believes that the best way to help out the team is through scoring. He takes over 14 shots per day, which is higher than his offseason total of seven. As a result, he has seen his shot success rate go from 1 to 2%, which is incredibly helpful for the team. Look for O'Fink to take over offensively for Colorado this season.

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]