Create Account

Dreger: Gardiner is unavailable

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Feb 22 2012, 09:21 PM

[Image: tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png?1318394475]

Nope im not leaf fan sorry not everyone over rates there players as much as the Leafs do Smile

Coughkaberlecough

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by OriginsZ@Feb 22 2012, 08:15 PM
Whoever the hell thinls Gardiner is good defensivly id a joke hes great offensively and skatong wose but wow how many times has he just like every leafs defender been skated around and out of position? Say hes a rookie and hell learn all u want but the kids forte os not defense and NEVER will be i wouldnt put him on the PK and i wouldnt trust him last minute of a game.

If you read the scouting reports or watched him in the NCAA you would know this. When it comes to young defenders PK Subban is a better all around guy i think Garndiner better forst pass break out player and better vision. Subban has the better shot and tbh even tbe ducks didnt think he was going to be this good personally vs rookie D man hes 3rd best Justin Falk in Carolina stepped outta collage and is dominating at 18. The Larsson who is great all around playonf top minutes in New Jersey
[Image: lol_wut_pikachu.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.SoDmG@Feb 22 2012, 09:25 PM

[Image: lol_wut_pikachu.jpg]
He said gardiner is bad defensively and will not be good and that he has been not as good as larsson and Faulk Among other things

Lol

There is arguing with Habs fans, its just all about who you choose to argue with. I am with Idot though. Wait until next season to really get a sense of what he is about.

Sarms makes a good point though. The situations that Gardiner and Subban are in are very different. Gards is on a much stronger albiet struggling right now team. Subban has made his mistakes this season, but there have been games that prove why he will be a stud in this league. And Subban is playing on a very bad Montreal squad which at points looks like they don't even want to be on the ice.

Justin Bieber for a bag of pucks. Gardiner would LOVE that

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by idot@Feb 22 2012, 09:13 PM
ill have to see gardiner next season before i compare him to other players.

honestly though, does no one remember when Subban came into the playoffs and played like the biggest stud in the world? he was matched up against ovechkin and crosby, and did an amazing job shutting them down. everyone was calling him the next 'superstar dman' like you guys are with Gardiner.

Gorges and Gill matched up against Ovy and Crosby...

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by wadeyb@Feb 22 2012, 09:18 PM

Gorges and Gill matched up against Ovy and Crosby...

mb, it was malkin who subban faced. he still did an amazing job as a rookie

I wish we had a ELITE ELITE ELITE MEGA SUPERSTAR Defenseman like Beauch on our team, cause right now we would be 1st imo.

Quote:Originally posted by Boragina7@Feb 23 2012, 12:15 AM
There is arguing with Habs fans, its just all about who you choose to argue with. I am with Idot though. Wait until next season to really get a sense of what he is about.

Sarms makes a good point though. The situations that Gardiner and Subban are in are very different. Gards is on a much stronger albiet struggling right now team. Subban has made his mistakes this season, but there have been games that prove why he will be a stud in this league. And Subban is playing on a very bad Montreal squad which at points looks like they don't even want to be on the ice.

Its amazing that Gardiner gets so much ice-time as a rookie on a D core of Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Liles, Schenn, and Franson. That a lone should be a could indicator that he is good. He plays in all situations whether its PP or PK.

I think he would be the number one guy on Montreal. Im sure the coaches would like Gardiner more than Subban aswell because he doesnt give the puck away as much and makes the smart play. He still does make turnovers but not that often and not bad ones.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Feb 23 2012, 09:04 AM

Its amazing that Gardiner gets so much ice-time as a rookie on a D core of Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Liles, Schenn, and Franson. That a lone should be a could indicator that he is good. He plays in all situations whether its PP or PK.

I think he would be the number one guy on Montreal. Im sure the coaches would like Gardiner more than Subban aswell because he doesnt give the puck away as much and makes the smart play. He still does make turnovers but not that often and not bad ones.

Gardiner makes a lot of turnovers dude. He is among the league leaders. lol I'm sure that will cut down since he is a rookie but I mean he causes a lot of turnovers. ha

Quote:Originally posted by Lincredible@Feb 23 2012, 09:07 AM

Gardiner makes a lot of turnovers dude. He is among the league leaders. lol I'm sure that will cut down since he is a rookie but I mean he causes a lot of turnovers. ha

Not really. I dont think he is even in the top 20 for turnovers but I could be wrong. But we do have like 4 or 5 defenseman at the top in turnovers but that is more to the style of system we play on not the defensemen themselves.

His turnovers arent usually noticeable which I like. He isnt like Beauchemin where when he turns it over he makes it like the best turnover you could possibly make. Ive only seen one turnover by Gards that led to a goal this season and that was when in the Buffalo game and he was skating and blew a tire.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz+Feb 23 2012, 09:15 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wheelz @ Feb 23 2012, 09:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Not really. I dont think he is even in the top 20 for turnovers but I could be wrong. But we do have like 4 or 5 defenseman at the top in turnovers but that is more to the style of system we play on not the defensemen themselves.[/b]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fet...rtssPlayerStats

Like I said, among the league leaders, along with Kessel, Phaneuf, and Gunnar.

<!--QuoteBegin-Wheelz@Feb 23 2012, 09:15 AM

His turnovers arent usually noticeable which I like. He isnt like Beauchemin where when he turns it over he makes it like the best turnover you could possibly make. Ive only seen one turnover by Gards that led to a goal this season and that was when in the Buffalo game and he was skating and blew a tire.
[/quote]

His turnovers are very noticeable because they usually happen at either blue-line which is the worst spot to give the puck away. lol

Quote:Originally posted by Lincredible@Feb 23 2012, 09:20 AM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fet...rtssPlayerStats

Like I said, among the league leaders, along with Kessel, Phaneuf, and Gunnar.

His turnovers are very noticeable because they usually happen at either blue-line which is the worst spot to give the puck away. lol

Less giveaways and more takeaways than Subban.

Seeing Gunnar up there is shocking and shows in a nutshell that stats like these cant be really relied on. Gunnar is our most sound and reliable defender. Neither Gardiner's or Gunnar's turnovers are really noticeable and they don't really lead to anything.

Our run and gun system is flawed tho.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Feb 23 2012, 09:34 AM

Less giveaways and more takeaways than Subban.

Seeing Gunnar up there is shocking and shows in a nutshell that stats like these cant be really relied on. Gunnar is our most sound and reliable defender. Neither Gardiner's or Gunnar's turnovers are really noticeable and they don't really lead to anything.

Our run and gun system is flawed tho.

Ohh Gardiner is far superior to Subban. And yes Gardiners turnovers are noticeable since they occur at either blue-line which are the 2 spots you do not want to turn the puck over. It is because he's a rookie and like I said, I'm sure he will cut them down but regardless being up there isn't the good. And yeah these stats can be relied on. Just because it proved something you said wasn't true doesn't mean you can't justify them. Gardiner has all the tools to be a top pairing D but he will have to cut down those turnovers at the blue-lines which once again like I said will come in time and experience.

Quote:Originally posted by Lincredible@Feb 23 2012, 09:38 AM

Ohh Gardiner is far superior to Subban. And yes Gardiners turnovers are noticeable since they occur at either blue-line which are the 2 spots you do not want to turn the puck over. It is because he's a rookie and like I said, I'm sure he will cut them down but regardless being up there isn't the good. And yeah these stats can be relied on. Just because it proved something you said wasn't true doesn't mean you can't justify them. Gardiner has all the tools to be a top pairing D but he will have to cut down those turnovers at the blue-lines which once again like I said will come in time and experience.

By noticeable I mean they dont turn into anything for the most part just like Gunnar's. Ive seen Gardiner make some turnovers outside the defensive zone blueline trying to get it up to the forwards but its rare for him to turn it over in the offensive zone blueline. Hes usually good with getting the puck deep or passing it to the right forward. But I think he does need to improve a bit but so does our team which has a tendency to start taking off and giving our D no options. Like I said. Its the style we play that magnifies everything.

You could even say the same for Beauchemin. Hes much better in anaheim because he doesnt have the run and gun style there and doesnt turn it over as much anymore. I also think Schenn would be an absolute beast on any other team. I think we need to change the style we play before we let Schenn go.