Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Doughboy@Nov 12 2012, 08:29 PM
I really really hate this.

:o

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Nov 12 2012, 08:21 PM
LEAD SINGLE FROM BORN SINNER, MISS AMERICA

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6zLca6kVxM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6zLca6kVxM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Dope. As. Fuck.

HE PLAYED THE CORNER LIKE REVIS, HE SHOULDA HAD BETTER DEFENSE

lol I really like it tbh. Got my hype for this album.

just saying, I expected JT's response would be something like that tbh

Man I really don't fuck with J. Cole at all.

Why would u think I would say that?

Reasons why I don't like this:
- The beat doesn't sound like a J. Cole beat and whoever produced it did a shitty job with the sample.
- It sounds very low quality to me you can hear some distortion.

He does spit very well on this but I am just not feeling it.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Doughboy@Nov 12 2012, 08:35 PM

- The beat doesn't sound like a J. Cole beat and whoever produced it did a shitty job with the sample.

so your issues are more with the production?

idk I just didn't think you would like it for some reason lol

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Nov 12 2012, 05:41 PM

so your issues are more with the production?

idk I just didn't think you would like it for some reason lol

production and quality of the song. Also some of the lines are weak like the Revis one. Usually Cole makes me want to rewind it back to listen to his lines, not a lot of them stood out to me.

Quote:Originally posted by Doughboy@Nov 12 2012, 08:44 PM

production and quality of the song. Also some of the lines are weak like the Revis one. Usually Cole makes me want to rewind it back to listen to his lines, not a lot of them stood out to me.

lol yeah I know it was, only posted it cause I kinda thought it was funny.

I do agree with you for the most part, but I think this album will be a good one. I like that particular song though. It's not great but it's not bad either.

Quote:Originally posted by Doughboy@Nov 12 2012, 08:35 PM

Could just be a LQ version of the song no? Is it the official release or just a bootleg?

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 12 2012, 05:47 PM

Could just be a LQ version of the song no? Is it the official release or just a bootleg?

Ya it could be and like I said that is one of the issues I have with it. I want Cole to go back to Friday Night Lights Cole. I miss dat version

I'm actually quite impressed with this. I like the snare beat and as usual love Cole's flow. I do agree it's not the Best Cole and really don't like the hook, I love the beat at the hook though.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 12 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm actually quite impressed with this. I like the snare beat and as usual love Cole's flow. I do agree it's not the Best Cole and really don't like the hook, I love the beat at the hook though.

I love the beat on the hook too and now that I know that was a part of the song, it maks the rest of the beat wasted imo.

I didn't know this, but XXL magazine rated GKMC an XXL (which means classic). That's pretty impressive since they've only ever rated 9 albums with an XXL.

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Nov 12 2012, 09:06 PM
I didn't know this, but XXL magazine rated GKMC an XXL (which means classic). That's pretty impressive since they've only ever rated 9 albums with an XXL.
do you know what 9 albums?

They've rated more than 9 albums with an XXL, Dyl. They've only rated 9 with XXL since they were founded, but went back and retroactively gave some albums an XXL rating.