Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!

Anyone else want to throw in over the next three-ish hours?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Sure, I'll add a couple more.

-Since no one else asked, your take on the first big disciplinary drama of 2019 on the SHL with formx getting the heave-ho
-Since no one else asked, Bonk, share your commiserations with the end of the season (and Evans'/Kylrad's careers as Jets)
-Since ArGar talked about it on his newest Beancast, thoughts on the first round of the upcoming draft?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Discuss, in detail, the Mike Izzy Big Parm video. Favorite parts, etc.

Also expand on Mack's Molls from the accompanying article.

Thank you.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Hello guys! It's been a while so i wanted to say Hi and ask how your guys' winter has been? As it has sucked here with a ton of snow and -20C temps.

Only question i have is a movie one as i just re-watched Shawshank Redemption as it was on TV and i thought the guy who played Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) was good, But If Tom Hanks had taken that role as he was offered, do you think it would have changed the film for the better or worse?

[Image: lebbish.gif]

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Alright, getting a heard start on the next episode of the Big Slappy Hour, with some questions.

Cup Favorites for the SHL? Do you think the Blizzard will be able to cap up their record breaking season with a Championship?

From each team which players do you think will go to either Syndicate or the Spectors in the upcoming Expansion Draft?

And for Slappy, this is where Bonk will probably will go silent for 20 minutes so (Sorry Bonky)? It's been recently reported that the Raptors and Nuggets have been front runners to gain Anthony Davis's services for the next 1 and a half years until he'll sign with the Lakers in Free Agency and team up with LeBron. With the Lakers getting downright shutdown by Pelicans management and Anthony Davis Sr. saying that he doesn't want his son to go to the Celtics cause of their mistreatment of Isaiah Thomas . Where do you think Anthony Davis will be traded or end up signing with in the forseeable future? For me the Raps can pull this off, it will confirmed for sure even though it already is that will be a title or bust situation. And I'm fully prepared for another Raps Rebuild for the next 5 years if it doesn't happen.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 10:35 PM by Slappydoodle.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

Preparations are being made. Supplies are being gathered. Bootlaces are being tied in dramatic fashion. Headbands are snug.

We are almost ready. Provide us with the question ammo we need to get the job done.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Hi slappy and bonk. With Edmonton not being able to resign Evok and Maj, how do you think EDM to fair next season?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Can you believe Edmonton rigged the cup? Will the Big Slappy Hour let this injustice stand?

Thoughts on bringing PBPs back for the first couple of rounds? Daco, a member from way back in the day, brought it up and I think it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Also thoughts on the expansion draft list, if you have taken a look?

What do you think the biggest need for the SHL is at this moment?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Hello guys, hope you had a great week and are having a great weekend.

My only question again is a movie one as i'm having my annual Die Hard marathon early this year. So, Jeremy Irons performance in Die Hard 3 is absolutely brilliant at least in my mind. What are some movies where the "antagonist" or another actor besides the main one stole the show in your opinion?

[Image: lebbish.gif]

answered

Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Hello! We're now approaching the start of Season 46, and we must consider the following topics. I haven't given you any questions for a while, so I'm going to give you enough to more or less monopolise the first hour of the next podcast.
  • The expansion draft is over. Who was cruelly crib-snatched from your respective teams?
  • The New Orleans Spectres picked aggressively with intent to try and compete now, and the Chicago Syndicate are taking a more long term view with younger players. Who do you think will be better off in the long run?
  • The Eastern and Western SHL conferences have now been split into four divisions- Great Lakes (CHI/BUF/HAM/TOR), Atlantic (NEW/MAN/TBB/WKP), Northwest (CGY/EDM/WPG/MIN) and Southwest (SFP/LAP/TEX/ORL). How do you feel about these divisions? What divisions would you have picked?
  • Season predictions, division by division- who makes it to the playoffs, and who misses out?
  • It's also fantasy drafting season. After successfully pretending that none of our fantasy seasons actually happened in S45, we must now try again. How are your teams coming along? Who are you facing in your groups?
  • I'm told you've recently had some very impressive blizzards. Conversely, it's been bloody hot here- as hot as 47.3C (118F), humidity around 10%. Would you trade your blizzard for my oven?
  • Finally, rank the following breeds of dog, from most desirable for you to own, to least. (Beagle, German Shepherd, Dalmatian, Sheltie, Corgi). Bulldogs not listed because that'd be too easy.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

answered

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Do you know how to fly planes?

What are your opinions on Airplanes?

How many times have you flown?

Ever flown in a helicopter?

Favorite places to travel to?

[Image: Off.gif]

How is/was the free agent experience so far for you Slappy?

Were you guys surprised to see Luke traded to Manhattan?

Thoughts on how the big s46 draft went?

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]