Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!

I tried to bring whale salami from Norway back for you guys, but it got flagged by customs. Those bastards. But I haven't looked at SHL shit lately so these are all off-topic.

If you both woke up as each other, like your own Freaky Friday, what's the first thing you'd do?

Has winter finally broken for you guys yet? We've been promised a 45-degree day this weekend ... but I'm not getting my hopes up.

My wedding band is Titanium - so it's super light but strong and ductile. What are your wedding bands made out of?

Bonky & Slappy, one small question. What would a tag team name be with Lil Manius and Otis B. Driftwood be called?

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

I don't see 'answered' yet so here goes! A little delirous from watching the Canes lose 8-1 in person but I NEED your reaction to the video of this tweet.

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/11041...89222?s=19

Thanks

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Thanks for the clang boys.

Let's hear about slappys day of glory, also are you in the mood to tell the story that you didnt want to in your last podcast now?

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Just a general heads-up before you, our loyal listeners, load us up with more material. We are not going to record this week. We are fat, happy and rich SHL’ers and therefore have decided to take a week off. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you back around when next we come begging for questions.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE PEOPLE WANT A BIG SLAP

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

03-15-2019, 01:09 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE PEOPLE WANT A BIG SLAP

I'll give you a big slap

[Image: lebbish.gif]

So what made you guys decide to start doing a podcast together?

If you could bring back one inactive user to the site, who would it be and why?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

In response to ArGar's last question, if you could make any active member inactive, who would it be and why?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 09:04 PM by Slappydoodle.)

[Image: tumblr_mp6puumeuW1ssi1czo1_250.gif]

After a one week hiatus to recharge our batteries and learn the ancient Sufi art of whirling, Bonk and I are back and raring to go. We will be recording this Friday and need you, our friends, colleagues and various associates to provide the fruit from which we will express that sweet nectar of podcasting goodness.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 11:20 PM by Wawazat.)

You up for this...
Wawazat's Mental Samurai Drunkazz Podcaster Challenge.
You will need the following
3 12 oz beers at the ready
An egg timer
Enough space to do either jumping jacks or somersaults or cartwheels. Or Sufi whirling ( Hey don't blame me you brought it up) OR an office chair capable of being spun in a circle
Put four minutes on the timer.
Four Questions.
Since there's two of you flip for it and the loser does all four questions the winner counts down the timer. And checks for beer consumption compliance. Additionally if you use the the office chair the winner is the spinner.
This is Mental Samurai therefore All answers must match exactly.
(Answers are fairly simple and I'll send them in a seperate post.)
Start the timer..and do three somersaults OR 5 Sufi whirls OR 5 chair spins .
pop your first beer and down it
Question 1.)
List these four western conference franchises from furthest west to furthest east.
Texas, New Orleans , Calgary , Edmonton.

Prior to Question Two do 15 jumping jacks OR 5 Sufi whirls OR 6 chair spins and crush your second beer.
Question 2.) two questions actually..
Name the beer currently marketed with No Corn Syrup?
Name the pitch man for Proper No.Twelve Irish Whiskey?

Prior to Question Three do 3 cartwheels or three somersaults or 5 Sufi whirls OR 7 chair spins
Bend forward and drink your third beer upside down.
Question 3.) three questions actually..
Name this Actor/whatever Guy ?
And his nickname?
And the brand of car he drove in the show "Nightrider"?

[Image: 19-hasselhoff.w536.h536.2x.jpg]

Sit down for this last question as I don't know your physical fitness level I don't want to be responsible if you puke on the mic.
Question 4.) just one question, here.
A certain five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it..what word is it?

Congratulations if you succeed have a great show..

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 12:17 AM by CptSquall.)

Boys, time to weigh in.
What are your projections for the S46 Challenge Cup Playoffs?
Also do you have any favorites for the Awards such as Stevens? MVP maybe?

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=94613

What do you guys think of the banking project? Comments/Concerns/Suggestions?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 08:52 PM by Leppish.)

Hello once again, hope you've had a great week and are having a great weekend.

A movie called "Triple Frontier" was released on Netflix and probably other places 2 weeks or so ago and i had no idea it was coming out. Saw Ben Affleck and Charlie Hunnam on it so watched it and it was actually a really enjoyable mix of action/adventure/comedy and drama, oh and it also included Metallica songs which i always love to see in films.
What baffled me about this was there was no promotion at all for it around here and not much anywhere else from what i saw, considering i use youtube, twitter and so forth a lot.
So, If you've seen the movie how did you like it? If you haven't feel free to give a review on it in the future.

Quick edit: I remembered shortly after that you talked about the following a bit last time as well, but now the season is donezo and they actually kept pace. So:

How do you guys feel about the Minnesota top line and the team performance overall this season, as there is a very mixed crowd of people on the site about us at the moment.

Nothing else to add, can't wait to listen to this one!

[Image: lebbish.gif]