Create Account

Ideas/Suggestions to Improve the SHL

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Apr 11 2013, 07:59 PM

I think expansion should be a year away at least, so we should not worry about it now.

I would probably recruit more if we have a new Update scale and I am pretty sure others will agree

I think the Update scale is super important. I don't think maxing a player should even be a possibility IMO. More TPE will mean you've the chance to be a better player regardless, so there isn't much to complain about in that regard. The only reason to complain is that you don't know what you are doing and don't care to find out how to build a player in STHS.

Should not be for S13, but I think we should be ready for S14 if possible. S15 at the latest. I don't think it should stop from recruiting, though.

Also, I don't think we should be making any concrete plans for expansion. Sure, it's nice to think about, but we need more fresh-blood coming in before we do that. The draft this season was kind of sad in how shallow it was with so many recreates.

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Apr 11 2013, 08:04 PM

Well, if we fix most of the current problems listed we might be more recruits
yes, but I'm talking about a more comprehensive plan for driving traffic and recruiting. We have a very niche target audience and we're not effective in reaching that audience. What we've got here is actually very successful and unique, and if a lot more people knew about it they'd probably be interested. But such a low percentage of people that might be interested have likely never even heard of it, and we need to figure out a new way to send out our message and grow our brand.

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Apr 11 2013, 08:03 PM
Also when's the last time someone used the warning system. They should also send a reason why they did it. So the person is aware of the warning.
Our new moderators are talking about that now. We will be using the warning system more, and you will know why it is you were warned if you were. It's just something that will come with time. Since we're all new we're just talking about how to do our jobs right now.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by Tim Bisley@Apr 11 2013, 08:06 PM

I think the Update scale is super important. I don't think maxing a player should even be a possibility IMO. More TPE will mean you've the chance to be a better player regardless, so there isn't much to complain about in that regard. The only reason to complain is that you don't know what you are doing and don't care to find out how to build a player in STHS.

Should not be for S13, but I think we should be ready for S14 if possible. S15 at the latest. I don't think it should stop from recruiting, though.

Also, I don't think we should be making any concrete plans for expansion. Sure, it's nice to think about, but we need more fresh-blood coming in before we do that. The draft this season was kind of sad in how shallow it was with so many recreates.
Like I said, these are long-term goals here. There will not be expansion within the next three seasons unless something extraordinary happens. But a long-term goal of ours should be to eventually expand.

Expansion is the ultimate sign of league growth and if we didn't set that goal for ourselves then we wouldn't have any sense of direction.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Apr 11 2013, 05:04 PM

no, when I say no jokes I don't mean league-wide no one can be fun and joke Tongue

but what I mean is, fake trades actually being posted in the transactions section; commissioners being hired; commissioners claiming to leave, etc. that can't happen because we're in a position of power and people listen to us and take what we do seriously. And I'm not singling anyone out cause we're all guilty.

I WAS A COMMISIONER

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Apr 11 2013, 08:04 PM

no, when I say no jokes I don't mean league-wide no one can be fun and joke Tongue

but what I mean is, fake trades actually being posted in the transactions section; commissioners being hired; commissioners claiming to leave, etc. that can't happen because we're in a position of power and people listen to us and take what we do seriously. And I'm not singling anyone out cause we're all guilty.

We are all guilty of something. Maybe I do takes things too seriously sometimes. Even things that I shouldn't let get to me. I think we all just need to work on being more respectful.

That said: For Wadey

Also, the mods should also have the ability to ban people for 30mins to calm a situation down. Which I think is possible as I know for a fact I can ban people for a short period of time and I am not even a mod.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Apr 11 2013, 05:09 PM
Also, the mods should also have the ability to ban people for 30mins to calm a situation down. Which I think is possible as I know for a fact I can ban people for a short period of time and I am not even a mod.

We should ban you for 2 hours when you post whore tbh.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Apr 11 2013, 06:10 PM

We should ban you for 2 hours when you post whore tbh.

Sure tbh

[Image: hallsy.png]

Thought I'd do a job performance review on coolstar since he asked.

Username: coolstar87
Job: PT Director for SHL
Grade out of 10: 0
Are you satisfied with their performance? No. He grades slow and whines and bitches at me and udder ppl.
Any suggestions? Stop whining and bitching at me and udder ppl.

^^ but could that be a template? in all seriousness Tongue

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by Chair De'Burlap@Apr 11 2013, 09:09 PM
Thought I'd do a job performance review on coolstar since he asked.

Username: coolstar87
Job: PT Director for SHL
Grade out of 10: 0
Are you satisfied with their performance? No.  He grades slow and whines and bitches at me and udder ppl.
Any suggestions?  Stop whining and bitching at me and udder ppl. 

^^ but could that be a template? in all seriousness Tongue

Using yours as a base, how about this?

Job Performance Review

Username:
Job:

Performance
Frequency: 0-10
Accuracy: 0-10
Professionalism: 0-10

Problem areas

Suggestions for improvement

Code:
[size=5][b][u]Job Performance Review[/u][/b][/size]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Job:[/b]

[b][u]Performance[/u][/b]
[color=blue][b]Frequency:[/b][/color] 0-10
[color=blue][b]Accuracy:[/b][/color] 0-10
[color=blue][b]Professionalism:[/b][/color] 0-10

[b][u]Problem areas[/u][/b]

[b][u]Suggestions for improvement[/u][/b]

Quote:Originally posted by Tim Bisley@Apr 11 2013, 07:38 PM

Another problem is that even with the rules for banking posted, people rarely follow them. It is clear that players are not to post their contract deposits. Instead the just link the contract thread and say, "deposit this." Also, it seems nobody lets anyone know when they change their username. I made that rule because people should be able to change their username whenever they want, but it's a pain on the bankers when things are constantly changing.

My biggest problem is that the bank works both ways. The bankers can try really hard to keep things right in there - if you don't post to move your player to your new team, you're likely not to get moved - but if the other members make it more difficult, things are gonna be sloppy. I have done a lot of work this week when teams deposit contracts to move players to the right teams, move players with no contract to FA, and just get everything squared away. I can't double check every deposit, withdrawal, or transfer because if I were gonna do that I would just do all the banking myself. I would also demand I get paid like $[b]10m a season in that case
, with a bonus for fixing all the things that players are supposed to be responsible for but ignore.

The bankers can only do so much.[/b]

A little off topic but 10M...u do know there once was a time when there was only 1 or 2 bankers for the whole league. (I was once one) And they got payed 3M. (Parker and Jamie I think it was)

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Originally posted by coolstar87@Apr 11 2013, 09:24 PM

A little off topic but 10M...u do know there once was a time when there was only 1 or 2 bankers for the whole league. (I was once one) And they got payed 3M. (Parker and Jamie I think it was)

I do. Now we pay bankers 3.5m to handle just two teams. If I had to handle 12 teams, the NWJHL and keep everything as up-to-date as it should be, $10m is a discount.

we have 6 team bankers, 1 NWJHL banker/head banker/contract banker/account movement banker, and 1 media banker.

8 x 3.5 = $28m.

Quote:Originally posted by Tim Bisley@Apr 11 2013, 09:28 PM

I do. Now we pay bankers 3.5m to handle just two teams. If I had to handle 12 teams, the NWJHL and keep everything as up-to-date as it should be, $10m is a discount.

we have 6 team bankers, 1 NWJHL banker/head banker/contract banker/account movement banker, and 1 media banker.

8 x 3.5 = $28m.
We had people do ALL of that though for 3M. So, I don't see why it should be different. The pay right now is good, just the members gotta make it easier for you.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Originally posted by coolstar87@Apr 11 2013, 09:31 PM

We had people do ALL of that though for 3M. So, I don't see why it should be different. The pay right now is good, just the members gotta make it easier for you.

I know. The idea behind the 10m was that there is only 1 banker doing everything alone with the members ability to follow the rules remaining at a stand-still. I also wasn't really suggesting it. It was just to point out that we have all those other bankers so that one person doesn't have to do everything, and I'm not going to hover over their shoulders all the time checking that they do things right because I might as well just do it all myself in that case.