Create Account

Ideas/Suggestions to Improve the SHL

Since right now seems like a peak in activity I'd like to start this thread up, over the past couple days I've been contemplating how to get a thread going about the lack of recruiting etc but it's difficult to word these things...I want to know what people want from this league, that will make them feel better about it.

We don't need bitching all the time about everything, people right now can just come in and be straight up about problems (no holds barred) they have as long as they have some sort of mature solution. I'm interested in talking out some of these ideas/suggestions to improve the league. I will give you my honest opinion and any good ones will be brought to the commishes.

ALSO IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WITH PLEASE FEEL FREE.

LET THIS BE THE PLACE YOU COMPLAIN BUT WITH A PURPOSE. Consider this a direct line to the commishes and the future of the league.

I will start:
As simmer my complaint is going to be about the updaters, lately we have definitely fallen away from the consistent updating of old, back in the day when updaters were first brought in I remember that Spangs used to make us all do it on a certain day and we'd get strikes if we didn't. I think we need to either turn over some updaters and possibly bring in someone to supervise the whole operation. In fact I think each department in the SHL should have a head who oversees that everything is running smoothly.

I also have a complaint about the bank but my biggest concern is that the section is a bit of a mess and that people aren't properly requesting accounts moved etc My suggestion would to be more like an updater type style, that would clean things up, each team get their own bank section, easier to update, less threads to deal with in the one bank section so account moves and such aren't missed.

BIGGEST ISSUE STILL REMAINS AT RECRUITING THOUGH, AND I REALLY WOULD LOVE MORE SUGGESTIONS ON RECRUITMENT IDEAS

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Sorry I'll never recruit for SHL again but for the recruiters I advice in your thread to have a goal and update it everyday so people can see the goal and say that people are joining so why not a try

Example like: We need 20 members, we already have 5 signed up and draft is on four days!

5/20

Then someone else joins, update all your thread to 6/20, etc..

Atleast that's what I did when I got 20+ recruits

Discord are for plebs

If we all created one multi each... we'd have a couple extra members!

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=23818

^ That and maybe another media grader? Haan's system isn't really judgement based, so if we have another guy we don't have to wait as long for payout as we currently do.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Lucifer@Apr 11 2013, 05:46 PM
Sorry I'll never recruit for SHL again but for the recruiters I advice in your thread to have a goal and update it everyday so people can see the goal and say that people are joining so why not a try

Example like: We need 20 members, we already have 5 signed up and draft is on four days!

5/20

Then someone else joins, update all your thread to 6/20, etc..

Atleast that's what I did when I got 20+ recruits

Well this season was the first I chose not to give out the goal so that people would maybe just get down to it and not worry about the numbers, it worked initially but things stalled big time.

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@Apr 11 2013, 05:49 PM
If we all created one multi each... we'd have a couple extra members!

Brilliant :lol:

xat.com

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Keenan@Apr 11 2013, 05:49 PM
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=23818

^ That and maybe another media grader? Haan's system isn't really judgement based, so if we have another guy we don't have to wait as long for payout as we currently do.

THIS IS SOMETHING WE REALLY NEED.

Job reviews are very important because the standards for what each job entails has definitely gone way downhill and things can be held to much higher standards.

And that's not a bad idea at all to lessen Haan's work load because sometimes it is a lot to deal with.

Get rid of spangs :ssst:

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

xat.com, we need a chat

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Tylar@Apr 11 2013, 05:52 PM
Get rid of spangs :ssst:

Try to be serious Tylar, gosh.

No one could ever do Spangs job as well as him, he doesn't have the opposite sex getting in his way.

Quote:Originally posted by Wadester@Apr 11 2013, 02:49 PM

Well this season was the first I chose not to give out the goal so that people would maybe just get down to it and not worry about the numbers, it worked initially but things stalled big time.

no I meant in your advertising threads. You make a thread in say HFboards. you make long article YOU EVER WANT TO BE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

on the bottom of that, put in the number of players we need and the number of players we have. People will know that there have been other people joining.

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Ariana Grande@Apr 11 2013, 05:53 PM
xat.com, we need a chat

We had a chatzy before, my one worry would be the problems that come along with it, unfortunately not all members can handle that kind of stuff. If we had a premium chatzy though it would be pretty sick, because then we could actually monitor it and it doesn't suck like other chats but it costs moneyz.

Although like a shoutbox or cbox wouldn't be bad imo.

Quote:Originally posted by Lucifer@Apr 11 2013, 05:54 PM

no I meant in your advertising threads. You make a thread in say HFboards. you make long article YOU EVER WANT TO BE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

on the bottom of that, put in the number of players we need and the number of players we have. People will know that there have been other people joining.

Oh I see. That's actually not a bad tip for recruiters.

Quote:Originally posted by Wadester@Apr 11 2013, 02:56 PM

We had a chatzy before, my one worry would be the problems that come along with it, unfortunately not all members can handle that kind of stuff. If we had a premium chatzy though it would be pretty sick, because then we could actually monitor it and it doesn't suck like other chats but it costs moneyz.

Although like a shoutbox or cbox wouldn't be bad imo.

Just have the chat we used at draft then. It sucks in mobile but there are admin/moderator options and lets in more than 10 people at once

Discord are for plebs