Create Account

S66 PT #5: Hot Take Hoedown

Take 4:

This aged badly because it's done now and Hamilton got swept while LAP moved on fairly easily, but I absolutely would have disagreed with this take going into the playoffs. Saying otherwise would be ignorant of the quality of both of these teams, and just assuming "oh they're Hamilton so they must be good!" even though they were one of the worst teams to make playoffs by a decent margin. Los Angeles is a top quality team still and they had a very favourable matchup in the first round. As for Hamilton, they were against really the big juggernaut of this season in Atlanta, who most would have had as cup favourites going into this season. Atlanta had a challenge from Hamilton, but ultimately swept them, which I would've predicted. LAP did their job in beating Calgary, as everyone would expect, and even though they only made it a round further than Hamilton, I didn't expect Hamilton making it past round 1 at all. (168 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Player Prompt – Written Task (165 words)
Lord Farquaads had a strong season with the Yukon Malamutes, and entered the season believing that this was his final season with the club and that he would be bound for Winnipeg for S67. However, his phone rang during the first-round series against the stinky Newfoundland Berserkers, and Farquaads’ agent informed him that he would in fact be heading back to the Yukon Malamutes for S67, his final year of Juniors eligibility. This was news to the Yukon front office, and they reacted with glee. Unfortunately, the Yukon Malamutes, who were heavily favored in the series against the Berserkers, fell short and lost in Game Seven. There just seemed to be something in the water and when things could potentially go wrong for the sled dogs, they certainly did. One thing that Farquaads would like to contribute more with next season is generating a bit more offense from the blue line. He’s a stereotypical shutdown defenseman and the forwards could use some help up front!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Player prompt:
1. Shut out the noise: If you're constantly worrying about what people are saying online, you're not going to be able to focus on your game. So, make sure you're not on social media, or at least not looking at the comments.
2. Give "pucks in deep" responses: When reporters ask you tough questions, don't get defensive. Instead, just give a short, concise answer and move on. 
3. Don't pick fights: If you're constantly getting into arguments with fans or reporters, it's going to make you look bad. So, just ignore the trolls and move on. 
4. Get better mentally and physically: If you want to be a better player, you need to be in top mental and physical shape. So, make sure you're eating right, getting enough sleep, and working out regularly. 
5. Be positive: No matter what happens, stay positive and keep your head up. Remember, you're a professional athlete and you can overcome anything.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

hockey prompt

If I wrote this before the playoffs began, I would've been inclined to agree with take 2, the one about Montreal getting an ez conference finals appearance as we had beat Toronto in the regular season series, and were very close to overtaking Buffalo so it would not be to farfetched to believe that it could be possible that Montreal could be able to pull it off with our young and growing core. However, as I am writing this now, Montreal lost in 6 to Toronto so it never became true, but this is because of one of the reasons that possibly gave them a chance to win it all, as the Patriotes seemed to lack that Playoff experience as they had only made it once before and got swept by Hamilton, so this hot take would probably go a lot better next season as we continue to get even better.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Petr has been trained by the greatest propaganda artists in the whole nation. Whenever given a platform, the questions and the inflammatory digs given by the media and fans mean nothing more than another opportunity for Petr to commit himself fully to his country, and help spread the good word about Czechia. Its accomplishments, its story, its future. All must be shared with the rest of the world.

As for social media, Petr doesn't bother too much, but uses his status as a super-athlete to similar affect and as such does have social media coaches who run and influence his accounts to propagandize the web. Petr does it himself, only as much as it doesn't interfere with Petr's rigorous off-ice and on-ice training regimens, so for the most part it is not Petr posting socially, nor does he take many interviews to be honest, for similar reasons.

In the end, it is everything for Czechia.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT-

Angus McFife XVIII of the Altanta Inferno team in the Simulated Hockey league has been having a sad individual performance season. His numbers went down instead of progressing as he enters the prime of his career. Many fantasy hockey enjoyers have benn getting more and more toxic on the social networks as they had picked Angus to be a top point getter in a stellar team but however were left hanging as Angus seemed to have struggles adapating to the new hockey ice used in the league or whatever changed from last season. To deal with it, Angus just listen to his new favorite music band, Beast in Black, and catvibes to the music to forgor the haters. Hopefully, the Atlanta coaches figure a way to get angus back into a offensive menace to other teams as spending years training to become a good player and not get results is disheartening at the very least. The positive however is that as a team, Atlanta is going to the top blazing and is gonna win the cup.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

This is false, ain't no way in hell the Montreal whatever their team name is going to be the ones representing the Eastern Conference in the Simulation Hockey League (SHL) finals. That honour is reserved to my alma mater the Atlanta Infernoge of the Simulation Hockey League (SHL). They are currently on the path to best the Buffalo Sabres of the Simulation Hockey League (SHL), after having just bested first the Hamilton Steelhawks of the Simulation Hockey League (SHL), my team, and then right after that the Tampa Bay Barracuda of the Simulation Hockey League (SHL). Micool is going to win the cup and although I will be very happy for my friends, I will also be very envious of them as well, as even though I love to play for Hamilton, and just surpassed 1000 points with them, and have won a cup with them previously, I left Hamilton for Atlanta, and Hamilton went on to win 3 more Challenge Cups, and now that I have left Atlanta, they are starting to become perennial contenders. Feels bad

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Written Task:
When it comes to dealing with aggressive and toxic fans, there are many methods Edward Elric tends to adopt with dealing with them. There are no doubts that this is an awful situation nobody has to deal with. Sometimes Edward tends to succumb to the pressure and fight back and get equally aggressive, while other times he recognizes his own faults  and admits defeat and lets the fans go off on him.

Although Edward sometimes fights back, he understands that it is important that he does not stoop to the level of the fan. This will only make the situation worse and could potentially get him in trouble with upper management on the Armada. It is also important to remember that not all fans are aggressive and toxic. There are plenty of fans out there who are supportive and respectful, and it is important to focus on those fans and give them something to cheer for!

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

[Image: cJaqp8N.jpg]

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Take 1: More than half of the first round will be decided by sweeps.

I disagree. More than half means at least 5 series will be decided by sweeps, and I don't think that is going to happen. I think we will see 3 sweeps, and the rest will be decided in 5 games or more. I think Specters will eliminate Winnipeg in 5 games, so no sweep there. I think Chicago has a good chance to sweep the rebuilding Texas, so that's the first sweep. Hamilton is also rebuilding and won't be able to steal a game from Atlanta, that's 2 sweeps. Toronto and Montreal should be a close series, maybe 6 or 7 games. Same with Seattle and San Francisco. I think Tampa will sweep Manhattan which is a bit surprising to me since Manhattan seems like a team on the rise. I expect Buffalo and Philadelphia to be a close series as well, in fact I think this will be the only series that will require a game 7. And LAP will beat Calgary in 5, so that's 3 sweeps in total, fewer than half of the first round.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

player prompt

yeah well you see when it comes to dealing with the left wing media as a right wing defenceman its pretty easy for a guy like me with as much twitter experience i have through the patriotic facebook groups i started out in during my time in the united states coast gaurd for five point one years of course not long after that came twitter and the takeover the boys and the big j did ridding the swampy ice of those skinny danglers and their skinny danglers so the media and these sports reporters cosplaying as journalists can really just gargle em ill feed them all the dumping of pucks lines all day until their follower count is too low to even get verified and the only breaking news they get is when aunt margaret saw john hockey at the airport but it wasnt them at all really but you reported it anyways cause thats the type of content we allow these days

ISFL Affiliate
Different forum username: footballiscool

PBE Affiliate

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]