Create Account

Paris Attacks

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 14 2015, 09:11 PM
White people are pretty terrible generally speaking
That's wacist.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 14 2015, 09:11 PM
White people are pretty terrible generally speaking

What about people with fair skin who are not considered ethnically european?

Quote:Originally posted by IncorrectAtlas@Nov 14 2015, 08:16 PM

What about people with fair skin who are not considered ethnically european?
Duhhh...also terrible!

Quote:Originally posted by NovaRC@Nov 14 2015, 09:17 PM

Duhhh...also terrible!

Darn

wat is the difference between ISIS and ISIL tho?

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Nov 14 2015, 09:19 PM
I think they're the same thing

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Nov 14 2015, 08:19 PM
ISIS = Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
ISIL = Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant

where the Levant is a larger area than just Syria.

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Nov 14 2015, 09:19 PM
I don't think there is.

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Nov 14 2015, 07:19 PM
Same group, different name.

Quote:Originally posted by NovaRC@Nov 14 2015, 08:20 PM

edited

Quote:Originally posted by NovaRC@Nov 14 2015, 09:20 PM

Honestly, up until this point I just assumed they made up an acronym to mimic the show Archer as a troll-job or something.

Not serious, but still.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I haven't seen this in this thread so I'll say it.

We should all keep the victims and their families in our prayers. Yeah there's a lot to talk about, but this is the worst attack since 9/11.

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus+Nov 14 2015, 05:58 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (RomanesEuntDomus @ Nov 14 2015, 05:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

It's good that you don't blindly believe what the media tells you, but then on the other hand why do you blindly believe something just because some blog or website claims it's true?[/b]

For Sweden, you don't have to believe underground website. The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brottsförebyggande rådet) a governemental agency found that immigrants and kids of immigrants were 5,5 times more likely to be convicted of rape. Maybe it's because Sweden is just very racist, but it's one of the more accepting country in the world. http://www.bra.se/download/18.cba82f7130f4...ch_utlandet.pdf

You can also find similar rate in Norway https://www.ssb.no/a/publikasjoner/pdf/rapp...rapp_201121.pdf and Denmark http://www.dst.dk/pukora/epub/upload/17961/indv2013.pdf

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Nov 14 2015, 06:11 PM<br />I'm rather skeptical of religion in general but while Christianity and many other religions have accepted their place in modern day society and largely convey messages of peace and forgiveness.

In western society, but in many African countries, Christianity is the main driving force behind the oppression of homosexuals. I would not give Christianity a pass just yet.

Quote:Originally posted by Caillean@Nov 14 2015, 06:21 PM<br />
No, I didn't say your fellow countrymen doing shit in Britain- I'm talking about in Latvia, in your home. I've been saying the same to Canadians who are opposing the refugees coming here- Canadians are committing those same atrocities and will long after this refugee crisis is sorted.

The real question is are (or will they) commit crime at an higher rate than Canadians/Latvians/Brits/etc. In Scandinavia according to government statistics, they are.

<!--QuoteBegin-Caillean@Nov 14 2015, 06:49 PM

The reason I (personally) disagree with your stance isn't because you're "wrong" btw. It's because technically either way, someone is going to die- but at least one way, we have a chance of saving people. If we let refugees in, an attack could happen if/when terrorists manage to slip in with them, but like I said let's not act like they can't get in other ways. Such an an attack would and could be devastating. But, and it's a HUGE but, such an attack is not guaranteed. There have been several thwarted terrorist attacks, and several that happened that were committed by our own countrymen (Aurora? Sandy Hook?). But on the other hand, banning refugees from coming to the US, Canada, wherever- you're GUARANTEEING that people will die. Those refugees who are just like us, trying to escape from ISIL, WILL die.
[/quote]

Not true. Canada and the US won't be extracting civilians from the war zone. They will bring in people that are in camp in Lebanon or Turkey. These people are already safe. I would much rather financial aid be sent to help the camps than risking the security of the home country.

Quote:Originally posted by ORIGINSZ@Nov 14 2015, 02:33 PM
Here's the thing that people forget, this day was marked by multiple tragedy's.

Kenya 146 people dead in university slaughter.
Japan Earthquake,
Beriut Isis attack
Mexico Earthquake/hurricane
Bagdad ISIS attack

Plus Paris crazy Friday the 13th
Two Jews were killed in a shooting near Otniel, which also sent another Jew, a boy the same age as many SHL members, to the hospital in bad condition.
Just before midnight on the twelfth, a Chareidi Jew was stabbed by a Muslim at the local kosher pizza joint.