Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Feb 24 2016, 09:08 AM

You're throwing trash out there pretty easily. He isn't that good, but there is much worse out there Smile)
He's closer to the trash side of the spectrum than the good side of the spectrum Tongue he's far too popular for the quality of music and talent he has.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Feb 24 2016, 09:04 AM
Gates isn't terrible, but for people calling him smart and shit (I see it all the time on facebook, with clips from interviews and such) is just asinine. Anyone who admits to sleeping with their cousin, and is okay with it... I just don't fuck with that Smile)

"Kevin Gates: Rapper Dated Cousin For 2 Years — And He Doesn't Care. Okay, so here's the story. Kevin was having sex with a woman for three months before his grandmother told him they were cousins, according to TMZ. But even when they found out the truth, they continued dating and having wild sex for two years."
dont people call him smart cause of his psychology degree or some shit? there are different kinds of smart though... as what he did was stupid af

Quote:Originally posted by Falkirk@Feb 24 2016, 09:49 AM

dont people call him smart cause of his psychology degree or some shit?  there are different kinds of smart though... as what he did was stupid af
I'm not sure, but I know he says some shit that makes sense but some people make it seem like he just changed the world with what he said.

I'll never be able to take Gates seriously.

Quote:Originally posted by Falkirk@Feb 24 2016, 09:49 AM

dont people call him smart cause of his psychology degree or some shit?  there are different kinds of smart though... as what he did was stupid af
He earned it while in jail. So he got smart while in jail for being a dumbass.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

I really couldn't care less about Kevin Gates

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 24 2016, 09:52 AM

He earned it while in jail. So he got smart while in jail for being a dumbass.
ya i remember a reading a bit bout that i think
whos that girl in ur avy

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 24 2016, 09:07 AM
Kevin Gates is trash

Um...no?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

i like gates but i think his best days are behind him, i feel like he isnt really improving.

luca brasi 2 was pretty good tho, fav is By Any Means

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Feb 24 2016, 09:04 AM
Gates isn't terrible, but for people calling him smart and shit (I see it all the time on facebook, with clips from interviews and such) is just asinine. Anyone who admits to sleeping with their cousin, and is okay with it... I just don't fuck with that Smile)

"Kevin Gates: Rapper Dated Cousin For 2 Years — And He Doesn't Care. Okay, so here's the story. Kevin was having sex with a woman for three months before his grandmother told him they were cousins, according to TMZ. But even when they found out the truth, they continued dating and having wild sex for two years."

That's obviously stupid as fuck but honestly when it comes down to it I just like the music, don't really care about that stuff

Many rappers have done stupid shit, doesn't change my opinion of their music, good or bad

Quote:Originally posted by Falkirk@Feb 24 2016, 09:57 AM
i like gates but i think his best days are behind him, i feel like he isnt really improving.

luca brasi 2 was pretty good tho, fav is By Any Means

I haven't listened to Luca Brasi in full, but certainly like what I have heard so far

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 24 2016, 09:59 AM

That's obviously stupid as fuck but honestly when it comes down to it I just like the music, don't really care about that stuff

Many rappers have done stupid shit, doesn't change my opinion of their music, good or bad
its like travi$, he's complete asshole to fans at shows apparently, but damn if i dont love his music

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 24 2016, 10:01 AM

I haven't listened to Luca Brasi in full, but certainly like what I have heard so far
i think there's more filler than by any means (which imo only has a couple meh songs, rest good)

but the singles are great, don't get tired is dope

Quote:Originally posted by Falkirk@Feb 24 2016, 10:01 AM

its like travi$, he's complete asshole to fans at shows apparently, but damn if i dont love his music

Have you heard Rodeo in its entirety?

That'll probably be the next album I review

Quote:Originally posted by Falkirk@Feb 24 2016, 10:02 AM

i think there's more filler than by any means (which imo only has a couple meh songs, rest good)

but the singles are great, don't get tired is dope

Oh agreed, love that song

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Feb 24 2016, 10:04 AM

Have you heard Rodeo in its entirety?

That'll probably be the next album I review
its so dope, but as good as the big tracks are (maria im drunk, antidote, 3500, etc) im not sure if i like it more than DBR. I think i need to listen to both in one sitting

tho rodeo was definitely one of my favourite projects last year, its still in my regular rotation