Create Account

PT #4: City Living

[Image: vIhz4Ok.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

When Buckner was drafted to the New England Wolfpack he could not have been any happier. He was excited to start his new career on the East Coast in one of the most iconic hockey cities in the country. Coming from Denver was quite the adjustment. The switch from the outdoorsy, mountainous landscape of Colorado, to the busy city of Boston. Since his rookie year in Boston, Buckner is well acclimated and is enjoying his time. Having access to the many harbors in and around Massachusetts has to be his most favorite though. He grew up near the great lakes and often played pond hockey in the winters. He can often be seen at the local outdoor rinks during his time off mingling with the locals and giving tips to youngsters that are aspiring SHL players. He enjoys being active in the community and gives back as much as he can with fundraisers and auctions. During his off season he goes up to Cape Cod were he has settled in as a permanent resident and set up a nice coastal home. The beaches and the New England life style are exactly what he was looking for. If the day ever comes that Buckner will have to take his talents else where you can be rest assured that he will continue to be active in the Boston and New England communities that have been like family to him since starting his career.

[Image: w1q2bWm.png]

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

[Image: wCzLDua.png]

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

My favorite thing about living in West Kendall has got to be the beaches. Coming from Germany, there was not a whole lot of opportunity to go to beaches and there are lots of perky – I mean perks, to having beaches right there. Also, the food is great, and the music scene is spectacular. I love salsa and samba and jazz, and there are great clubs for all of those. The weather’s great almost year-round, and I’ve never lived somewhere where I didn’t need to own a parka before. That being said, I could do without the hurricanes. The weather thing, not the team. University of Miami seems like a fine university. But it’s annoying having these storms that could kill you or destroy your home rolling through every year. I’ll also admit that it’s quite difficult for the guys at the arena to keep the ice nice when it’s so damn hot outside all of the time, but they do their best. But yeah, best thing to do on a day off is take a couple of books and a blanket and head out to the beach. Spend the day reading and … people watching. It’s a great city to people watch in and I love it.

Code:
208 words

[Image: HxAsIO2.jpg]

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

As a true blue Wisconsin, I cannot say nice things about Minnesota without balancing them out with negatives. So I wrote both.

The good:

1. There are four distinct seasons in Minnesota. This isn’t always the case now because of climate change… but in general.
2. The people are nice. (The myth of 'Minnesota Nice' is not a myth.)
3. No matter where you live in the state, there is access to and appreciation for natural beauty and outdoor sports.

The not-so-good:

1. Mosquitos. So many god damned mosquitos.
2. The winters can be damned cold and damned snowy.
3. Other people don't understand why people would want to live in Minnesota.
4. A general dislike for people from Wisconsin, which I am.

Other goods and bads vary by the region of Minnesota. For example, the Twin Cities are highly cosmopolitan. Citizens there have easy access to excellent music, theater, visual arts, and other creative activities. The far north of Minnesota has that awesome “Minnesota accent” that is really funny to listen to and make fun of. That is also where it gets the coldest (obviously), so driving during big winter storms carries with it extra risks that potentially could lead to death if you get stuck in the snow and no one stops to help.

Code:
Words: 209

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Los Angeles to put it in the shortest words possible, is incredible. Everything from playing at the Staples Center to Santa Monica beach is amazing.

For Chris Crutchfield, he finds that LA is a great fit. When he first was drafted into the league to St. Louis, it was a big adjustment for the young defender. When he was drafted to Manhattan, going to one of the largest cities on the planet was shocking for Crutchfield.

Then came his move to Los Angeles. The first thing that immediately springs to mind is the great weather in California. It's unbeatable. With the radical heat (a much needed change for Crutchfield after this time in rainy Manhattan), he is often found outside in his outdoor pool (something else they didn’t have in Manhattan).

Another great thing about playing for Los Angeles is that it is a low profile market. With the SHL being one of the many sports in town, it is hard to get recognized. The young defender of the Panthers takes advantage of this and goes to as many other sporting events as he possibly can. Crutch is a huge baseball fan, so he is usually in the crowd of Dodgers games, unknown to the rest of the audience.

What a time, to be alive (in LA).

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Being from Germany, I am not sure there could be better place in the SHL for me than Minneapolis. I mean, there are so many Germans here already so it's like I'm back home. Plus, I was already a fan favorite before I did shit. Apparently coming here as a free agent was enough to get all the Minny bitches to swoon over me. Now that I am tearing the league up this season, I have the twin cities wrapped around my fingers. And because of that, I can ask the team for whatever I want since I'm basically the biggest asset on the team no matter how much old man Garbanzo likes to think he is. Sometimes I'll tell fangirls to fuck him first before they can do anything with me so he doesn't get all depressed at the lack of attention.

However, my contract does expire at the end of this season. I could probably command a giant fucking contract if I leave and I'm sure every team besides the Wolfcucks would want me. As much as it would be fun, it's hard to imagine a scenario where I leave. Minny is my new home and we're gonna be a dynasty so the rest of the SHL can suck it.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

People Know Me

Ask Edmonton winger Ivan Koroviev what he most loves about the city, and you're liable to receive a patchy answer—at best. For the Russian international, life in the Albertan capital revolves around two things: hockey, and vodka. The same could be said of him no matter where he held residence.

Having been drafted at 7th overall in the S25 Entry Draft, Koroviev settled in well with eighteen points in his first SHL season (S26). His progress through S27 was hampered, however, by his attachment to O'Byrne's Irish Pub, a self-proclaimed "down-home watering hole with live music." To this day it still a regular haunt of his, and one of his favourite locations in the city. Most professional hockey players would be unable to secure a contract if they spent as much time in the pub as Koroviev does, but the management staff at Rexall Place have been forced to admit that he something of a freak: alcohol does for him what high-energy sports drinks do for most athletes.

The winter, too, is something for which he professes a liking. The Canadian snowfall is reminiscent of that which besets his native Russia during the winter months, and though temperatures are lower in Edmonton in the winter than in his home town of Khabarovsk, he claims that the harsh conditions are the perfect excuse to drink even more vodka. With so much time spent in the pub and in the gym (as well as caring for his pet ocelot, Babou), Koroviev's life in Edmonton revolves around hockey—training and playing—and little else. Given a list of the 10 most famous landmarks in the city, the Russian knew just three of them.

"O'Byrne's is famous," he told our reporter. Why? "I don't know. I go there. People know me."

As someone born in Vancouver Canada, aka the West Coast, it was a pretty big change moving to Toronto Ontario. While Vancouver and Toronto are both major cities in Canada, they have completely different cultures and have very few things alike. Cynthia Taylor moved to Toronto about 3 seasons ago and has been living it up as she has adjusted quite nicely and now calls Toronto her home. She says that although it was a massive change, I'm really starting to like the things different from Vancouver as it all has a certain charm about it. To name a couple of things she's liking:

1. Milk comes in a bag! As many do know, milk comes in a bag when you buy it in Toronto. i can never go back to a Carton of Milk now
2. East Coast vs West Coast Fish. While both sides have fantastic tasting fish, they have different kinds of fish and getting to try out both sides now is great.
3. Toronto has more attractions to go see such as the CN Tower, Museums, and nightlife.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

[Image: BillboardAug22nd16_zpsxpnuepsr.jpg]

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

One thing Big Manius enjoy about living in the city of Winnipeg. Is the Fact that he can say is a professional hockey player in Manitoba growing up in Long Island Manius would hear tales of frozen hockey “Mecca” Manitoba. So when he began playing for the Jets Manius took every opportunity to be the face of the franchise. Even when Manius was not chosen to be the face of the Jets organization He would simply crash the events. Over the past several season Manius has been out at several event representing the team. He even teamed up with other professional sport teams such as Winnipeg Blue Bombers, The Manitoba Moose and the Winnipeg Goldeyes for various charity events. If it being a master of sermonizes for a local hockey torment or giving a radio interview while on the road Manius loves talking about hockey in Manitoba. Waking up at the crack of dawn to skate on the frozen lake is one of Manius favorite past times. Skating all-day and playing pond hockey on his off day is one of his favorite things to do much to the chagrin of jets management. Manius really just enjoys be a Manitoban Hockey play and all the lore that comes with it.

~209 words

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Brett Broadway grew up in St. Paul, MN. Throughout the United States, hockey isn’t really a well-followed sport. Sure, the leagues around the nation draw attention, but the kids are all picking up the pig skin rather than getting on the ice. It’s reasonable of course, but in Minnesota things are different. The hockey state is crazy over their sport and it’s no surprise that the Broadways fell in love with the sport much like the rest of the state. Brett Broadway especially of the bunch.

While Broadway fell in love with the sport in Minnesota, the love has soared since he arrived in Edmonton. Edmonton is one of the hockey spots of Canada, a nation entirely dedicated to this amazing sport. From Gretzky, to Mexico, to Kane, there have been many hockey stars that have come from Edmonton. The city has embraced the sport and its teams and Broadway loves the opportunity to play in a city that is so dedicated to the sport and his team.

Edmonton is a quiet city when compared to the giants of Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, but it’s perfect for a player who wants to experience what it’s like to play pro hockey in Canada. Broadway has been given the opportunity of a lifetime with the chance to become the next Blizzard icon, and he’s not going to blow it.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]