Create Account

Official 2012 NHL Offseason Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:36 AM

idk, Parise - Koivu - Setoguchi is pretty nasty.

Where's the defense? And not much fwd depth also...

Quote:Originally posted by Phil.B@Jul 4 2012, 11:36 AM
Yea that really sucks for the Devils, not sure why he left after going to the finals. Btw guys, Minny are still meh as a team, they improved alot but aren't contenders yet...
probably has a lot to do with their ownership problems.
and the oppurtunity to play the rest of his career in his hometown.
dont blame him.

although i dont see this bringing the wild into cup contention at all tbh
still too many holes on D

Quote:Originally posted by Phil.B@Jul 4 2012, 12:36 PM
Yea that really sucks for the Devils, not sure why he left after going to the finals. Btw guys, Minny are still meh as a team, they improved alot but aren't contenders yet...

I'd say it's pretty obvious they're contenders. They might not be cup ready just yet, but they'll be very good.

And how about the rest of the line-up.

They could make the playoffs but I doubt they win a cup. Setoguchi is good but he isn't a superstar and same with Koivu and I wonder how this looks for them now they're pretty close to the cap. Now, they got Parise and Suter for life.

I like how things look for the Wild but what happens if Bealeau and Granlund don't pull through.

Wow, amazing job by the GM to get both guys, and btw Suter and Parise are friends and they wanted to play together, Parise said so yesterday.

Parise - Koivu - Heatley, still a bubble team though.

And i'm saying he's bailing on us because he's the captain and we just got to the fucking cup finals with him a huge part of out team, and when we need him most he's leaving. I just can't believe we made a guy captain that apparently already had one foot out the door.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:37 AM
I just saw somebody suggest on twitter that Semin goes to NJ now. Anybody else feel the same way?

Yeah.

Quote:Originally posted by Phil.B@Jul 4 2012, 12:38 PM

Where's the defense? And not much fwd depth also...

They definitely need D help, but their offense is quite good, good enough for the playoffs and certainly something to build on.

http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster.php?id=10933

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:38 AM

I'd say it's pretty obvious they're contenders. They might not be cup ready just yet, but they'll be very good.

Parise - Koivu - Setoguchi
PMB - Cullen - Heatley
Powe - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Veilleux - Konopka - Kassian

Suter - Gilbert
Scandella - Kampfer
Stoner - Sprugeon/Prosser/Falk

Backstrom
Harding

Meh, that's not a contender team yet imo.

Quote:Originally posted by HockeyGod@Jul 4 2012, 12:38 PM

And how about the rest of the line-up.

They could make the playoffs but I doubt they win a cup. Setoguchi is good but he isn't a superstar and same with Koivu and I wonder how this looks for them now they're pretty close to the cap. Now, they got Parise and Suter for life.

I like how things look for the Wild but what happens if Bealeau and Granlund don't pull through.

These things take time. Don't forget the deal is for 13 years. That's plenty of time to build up some more forward depth and a defense.

Quote:Originally posted by Phil.B@Jul 4 2012, 12:40 PM

PMB - Cullen - Heatley

Suter - Gilbert
Scandella - Kampfer

Backstrom
Harding

What's your definition of a contender? To me, a contender is a team who can make the playoffs, because, as we all know, all it takes it making the playoffs.

Quote:Originally posted by Phil.B@Jul 4 2012, 11:40 AM

PMB - Cullen - Heatley

Suter - Gilbert
Scandella - Kampfer

Backstrom
Harding

Yeahthat

Koivu isn't a superstar, Setoguchi is the type of player that needs his team to be good to be good. Compare him with SJ and now with MIN

He went from scoring clutch, big goals to falling on his butt on a penalty shot.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:39 AM

They definitely need D help, but their offense is quite good, good enough for the playoffs and certainly something to build on.

http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster.php?id=10933

Yea I agree, they got so much better today

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:41 AM

What's your definition of a contender? To me, a contender is a team who can make the playoffs, because, as we all know, all it takes it making the playoffs.
panthers made the playoffs last year.
they werent a cup contender.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:40 AM

These things take time. Don't forget the deal is for 13 years. That's plenty of time to build up some more forward depth and a defense.

With a 3M cap space.