Create Account

Official 2012 NHL Offseason Thread

- semin would be deadly in Pittsburgh
- clutter buck is on senators now isn't he?

I still consider the Devils contenders.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:46 AM

Would you have called LA a cup contender entering the playoffs?
lets not act like LA wasnt loaded on paper lol
they just shit the bed in the regular season
NJ was more of a surprise than LA tbh

As of now, they aren't big contenders in my eyes but I could see them do what the Bruins did last year, make a few solid acquisitions maybe on defense and acquire some forward depth at the deadline then go for a push. Could be dangerous tbh

Quote:Originally posted by HockeyGod@Jul 4 2012, 12:48 PM
I still consider the Devils contenders.

So the team that just got the two best FAs available are not contenders, but the team with literally one superstar left and an aging goalie are? Logic.

Quote:Originally posted by The Rockstar@Jul 4 2012, 11:47 AM
- clutter buck is on senators now isn't he?
no

Quote:Originally posted by The Rockstar@Jul 4 2012, 11:47 AM
- semin would be deadly in Pittsburgh
- [b]clutter buck is on senators now isn't he?
[/b]

No that's Latendresse.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Jul 4 2012, 08:22 AM
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Pierre LeBrun‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

As Russostrib also reported first, Ryan Suter also with Minnesota. It's the package deal.

So Parise and Suter to Minny
I'm fucking excited as a wild fan we waited for so long for something like this

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Last season I knew my boys could get to the cup finals if they played their game, they finished with 102 points so they had a great season, they were the 6th seed because of how stacked the Atlantic was.

I still think my team can win but we NEED to pick up a forward, and I guess Semin is the only available option in FA or get Bobby Ryan by trade.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jul 4 2012, 11:49 AM

So the team that just got the two best FAs available are not contenders, but the team with literally one superstar left and an aging goalie are? Logic.
Kovy, Elias, and Henrique are all very good, we have Zajac as well. And no one gives our defense any credit.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jul 4 2012, 11:51 AM
Last season I knew my boys could get to the cup finals if they played their game, they finished with 102 points so they had a great season, they were the 6th seed because of how stacked the Atlantic was.

I still think my team can win but we NEED to pick up a forward, and I guess Semin is the only available option in FA or get Bobby Ryan by trade.
And how the hell do you plan on getting Ryan, NJ has nothing to trade.

I still feel the wild are a somewhat irrelevant team. They have some pieces yes. But as a whole they are still just good. If they had gone to Pittsburgh or Detroit, it would be a different story.

Good signings though, still have to deal with Heatley's lazy ass

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 4 2012, 12:14 PM
I still feel the wild are a somewhat irrelevant team. They have some pieces yes. But as a whole they are still just good. If they had gone to Pittsburgh or Detroit, it would be a different story.

Good signings though, still have to deal with Heatley's lazy ass

Yeahthat I agree.

Rattling :(

Absolute excitement. I'm so happy for this, can't wait for 12-13!!

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]