Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 18 2017, 08:34 PM
I never finished Views after it literally put me to sleep. J Cole makes more engaging albums.

Honestly Views takes a long time to grow on a person I feel. When I first heard it i hated it. When I came back to in like October, I really liked it. It ended up being one of my 10 favorite albums of last year and my 3rd favorite rap album.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Admittedly haven't listened to much of More Life but I've enjoyed Blem, Do Not Disturb, Portland, Sacrifices

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

I don't think I've heard a song as good as The Heart IV by Kendrick

KMT is definitely top 3 off of More Life for me now

That stretch from Passionfruit through Skepta Interlude are basically all I listen to from More Life at this point. Imo the best songs on the album - Passionfruit, Jorja Interlude, Get It Together, Madiba Riddim, Blem, 4422, Gyalchester, and Skepta Interlude. Maybe throw Sacrifices in there because Thugger killed it.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Apr 11 2017, 11:55 AM
That stretch from Passionfruit through Skepta Interlude are basically all a listen to from More Life at this point. Imo the best songs on the album - Passionfruit, Jorja Interlude, Get It Together, Madiba Riddim, Blem, 4422, Gyalchester, and Skepta Interlude. Maybe throw Sacrifices in there because Thugger killed it.

skepta interlude is my favorite on more life for sure.

new joey bada$$ was alright, i'm excited to see what the new kendrick album is gonna hold, guess we will find out on friday. better be 1 ron simmonds sample on there saying damn! thou

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

New Kendrick on friday. Only features Rhianna and U2

after letting it marinate a bit..

No Long Talk, Blem, Skepta Interlude, Portland, Sacrifices, KMT

those are definitely my favorites

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Apr 11 2017, 01:57 PM

skepta interlude is my favorite on more life for sure.

new joey bada$$ was alright, i'm excited to see what the new kendrick album is gonna hold, guess we will find out on friday. better be 1 ron simmonds sample on there saying damn! thou
Yeah Joey's album has a nice concept and sounds pretty good but, overall, I think was a bit lacking in depth. Like he went for a social criticism album and then went light on the criticism which was a bit disappointing because I know he can do more. I know he also wanted to get his message across to many people but it just felt like he took random shots at different institutions and people and backed away. It is honestly a frustrating album to listen to because it constantly sounds like he's just going to go all in... and then he doesn't at all.

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Apr 11 2017, 02:00 PM
New Kendrick on friday. Only features Rhianna and U2
I hate the U2 feature already.

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Apr 11 2017, 11:12 AM

I kinda do too

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Apr 11 2017, 11:12 AM

The feature was actually kinda dope.

Here my quick takes -

Definitely expected more of a funk feel to the tracks, but wasn't disappointed.

The mixing was hit or miss for me, I listened to everything in my car. There was some tight shit going on, but I feel on a few tracks kendricks voice is hella drone'y, and it gets lost in the bassline. Headphones might fix this but, shouldn't need them.

Definitely going to need to listen multiple times as he has some massive schemes.

Everyone losing their shit over DNA, I have that as like 4th - 5th best song on the album

FEEL
PRIDE
XXX
DUCKWORTH
DNA

Were my favorites kind of in that order

I think I can say this now and get a lot less backlash than I would have if I said this after TPAB, but Kendrick Lamar is the best pure rapper of all time.

I really really enjoy this album. The fact that Kendrick can still tell stories this far into being a successful artist, is awe inspiring.

I want to say that I think this album is mixed great. That drone-y sound from Kendrick that allows the bassline to kind of drown him out, is by design. He has done it before and it adds another layer to his ability to play with sound.

I think DNA is my favorite track to put on and just bounce to but I agree with <a href='index.php?showuser=1627' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>probablydrunk</a> that it isn't my favorite record.

1. Duckworth
2. Fear
3. Element
4. DNA
5. Feel

Such a great record and honestly this may be one of the best years for hip hop already in a long time.

Run The Jewels dropped a great album
Drake dropped a fun album
Joey surprised the fuck out of me
Now this.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Apr 14 2017, 09:23 AM

The feature was actually kinda dope.&nbsp;

Here my quick takes -

Definitely expected more of a funk feel to the tracks, but wasn't disappointed.

The mixing was hit or miss for me, I listened to everything in my car. There was some tight shit going on, but I feel on a few tracks kendricks voice is hella drone'y, and it gets lost in the bassline.&nbsp; Headphones might fix this but, shouldn't need them.

Definitely going to need to listen multiple times as he has some massive schemes.

Everyone losing their shit over DNA, I have that as like 4th - 5th best song on the album

FEEL
PRIDE
XXX
DUCKWORTH
DNA

Were my favorites kind of in that order
haha I still hate the feature. it didn't need to be Bono Smile) But I didn't like the album the first, second, or third time listening to it. I really did not. But that fourth time, it somehow grew on me and it has already become an album I can enjoy (I still don't think it is anywhere close to Section.80, GKMC, or TPAB). Best tracks for me in order would be:

1. element
2. dna
3. loyalty cuz Rihanna

Overall, didn't exactly live up to expectations for me buttttt apparently (according to the Alex Joneses of the rap world) Kendrick will drop another album on Sunday.

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Saturday I'm going to see Migos, Young Thug, 21, and Yachty

there'll be some decent DJs there too like Jauz, Louis the Child, Quinn XCII, etc.

sooooooooo excited

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPv2HrEcTHM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPv2HrEcTHM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>