Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post on /r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Largely yes -- with the exception of understanding the seasonal schedules/draft classes/where we are currently

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Nope, the build tool was super helpful. Only note would be to include important tips like having shooting/passing somewhat different

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Pre-draft interviews to give GM's an idea of who we are and what we're about (in/out of person). Whether for TPE or just for teambuilding

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
I didn't see the Discord link until I got PM'ed...would be great to have that front and center if that's the main way we want to encourage communication (it may not be, but I almost missed it)

1) How did you find us?

Reddit post on r/Hockey

At first, yes. I created my new player pretty easily. I got super confused at what to do after. I made the update player thread but have no clue what to do after. Now Im here and I hope thats where im supposed to be.

Nope. Instructions were pretty clear and it wasn't to hard to do.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Nope. didn't know there was a video tutorial.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

prospect tournament does sound pretty cool. I think it would hook new users like me if they can see what their new player can do while waiting for the draft.

I created a player (first time) and updated my thread and I still have no clue what I'm supposed to do. Maybe a video guide/tutorial would help? Heck, maybe even having your own subreddit would help.

1) How did you find us?

r/hockey on Reddit

Yeah it's pretty straight foreword

No, it was fine

Yes, I used the written tutorial and it explained everything really well

I think a prospects tournament would be a great idea, keeps people involved right up until the draft and allows for new players to learn about the league.

Maybe organizing and updating the guides a little further.

1) How did you find us?
A friend led me to the /r/hockey thread.

Seems pretty easy to get around if you follow links, otherwise, it's a hedge maze.

Nope! Other than learning about the 10 point gap needed between scoring and passing.

Nope! I did it the hard way.

Prospect tourney would be neat.

Add important links to pins in Discord.

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]

1) How did you find us?
Most recently reddit, I hade seen it a long time ago but that is what ultimately brought me here.

Old fashioned, but easy from an old forum pro. Could be harder for younger people who never lived in the forum age.

Nope!

Yep, I used the linked ones almost verbatim.

Hanging out on the discord. Prospect tourney sounds fun tho.

Maybe an app, but that's work.

jĂșnior Guarda
Throat Goat

1) How did you find us?

I was scrolling through r/hockey on Reddit this morning and came across a promotion post.

Not for me. I had a lot of trouble finding my way, but I think I'm getting used to it!

No, there were pretty helpful links to help me fill out my base stats. Plus PMs and replies to my post helped me out!

I didn't know there was even a video... I did use the written portions, and yes it did help.

I think It would be cool to have a way to somehow customize the look of your player. I also think it would be cool to have tournaments based out of your country of origin for prospects. You would go up against other prospects from your country and just randomly generated players if the minimum number of prospects isn't reached.

A big tutorial video on how to navigate the site would be cool.
Finland Finland Finland

1) How did you find us?
I found The SHL from /r/hockey

It is a bit overwhelming as a newcomer since there's is a lot of different places in here. But after the day of making my 1st guy it is definitely a bit easier to navigate

Other than just being overwhelmed from never doing anything like this before, I didn't have any issues.

I did not.

A Prospect tournament would be amazing, just so I can learn what to do on/for game days before starting to play in the SMJLH. Also, having a place where I can read about all of the teams, and anything i need to know about them (besides in the specific subforums for each team) would be great (i don't think i've seen something like that but i could have missed it)

One thing I noticed is that while editing a post, the different editing tags/button aren't there like they are when initially writing it out. Having those as a new person would be great, since I have gone back to edit some small mistakes i've done and not having those makes it harder.

1) How did you find us?
VBottas17 posted a thread on r/hockey. After reading it, I had to come check it out.

For the most part, it was easy. But it's not my first time in a forum like this.

Not really. The guides were helpful, and even when I got stuck, all the great people on the discord channels helped me out.

I used both (mainly the video). They were very helpful.

I think corynv had pretty good ideas; Prospect tournament, summary page with all the teams' info on one page.

No suggestions so far.

1) How did you find us?
I found this site through the r/hockey thread that was created earlier today.

This site is fairly easy to navigate as a newcomer.

Creating my player was a little confusing at first but if a person uses the available tutorials it is easy enough to work through.

I did use the written tutorial to create my player and it was very helpful.

A prospect tournament would be cool.

Maybe along with the main SHL discord link that i notice, there could perhaps be a link to the rookie SHL discord.

1) How did you find us? Reddit recruitment drive!

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It took a little while to get my bearings, but overall its pretty easy to get around.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope! The mentors were awesome and answered every question I had.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes, I used the written tutorial. It was informative and to the point making the entire process pretty easy.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Talk and get to know the community!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Perhaps some of the language and wording is a little confusing sometimes. Other than that, I think the new player process is pretty easy to understand and structured really well.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

1) How did you find us? Reddit!

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I've been on forums a lot in the past so not really. I'd imagine as a new user to forums it might be confusing.. however on the discord there is plenty of help for newcomers it seems.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? not after talking over some basics with the community members

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Grow my player as much as possible and get to know the community

Sorry don't have any constructive feedback for the site! looks good

1) How did you find us? Reddit post on R/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's a little clunky, but if you devote about an hour you figure it out.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Just on where to post. I kept trying to post on older threads after clicking the example posts.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? It really helped show how to use the point calculator, but the new calculator isn't in the video tutorial so that threw me off a second.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I'd like to see how my player performs against the other rookies. Give me an example of where my point build stands.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe a single thread of where to start. I.e. once you've finished your update thread go HERE for your new few points.

[Image: Chairy-Falcon.jpg]

1) How did you find us?
reddit post

Kind of. I had to change to a new theme and finding some of the threads took a while. But I got adjusted after a day or so.

Nope, the walkthroughs and templates were very easy to understand.

Written tutorial was useful.

Prospect tournament would be cool. A "combine" sort of thing would be nice, but idk how that would work. It would be really cool if teams were allowed to interview players they're interested in. Make it more "realistic".

Have a "quick links" section that includes all of the heavily accessed pages/forums.

1) How did you find us? On Reddit.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Pretty tough to navigate at first, but now I'm starting to know my way around.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not really, just followed the video tutorial.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I created my character incorrectly at first, but after watching the video my player got approved.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament and using Discord.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe a tutorial going a little more in depth.

1) How did you find us?

Through this year's Reddit post!

Its a little bit daunting at first, the guides in place make it helpful though. Takes a while to get into the swing of things but its pretty easy to navigate once you're accustomed to it.

No trouble at all, instructions were pretty straight forward!

I used both, I found the video tutorial more helpful but a little bit outdated which made it slightly difficult to follow, whereas the written was up to date but not as detailed as the video. I found a combination of both to be most helpful.

More options to showcase skills/dedication to potential SMJHL teams, maybe even scheduling pre-draft interviews through Discord so teams and draftees can better communicate about the needs of the teams and the players. Realistically just more chances to give our players personality so teams are just picking amongst a bunch of text lines and stat sheets.

Less reliance on the forums. They're not very difficult to navigate but for some new users it can be a bit of a deterrent to signing up if they feel overwhelmed. A more simplified interface with less reliance on the forum would encourage more people to sign up, which results in bigger drafts, which is better for team parity and growing the league as a whole.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**