Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!

If you ever meet up with someone you met online, do you call them by their actual name or their username?

What is your favorite type of cake? I'm looking for ideas for my next cooking project.

Does the offseason still feel too slow? As of this post the SMJHL draft still hasn't even happened yet.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but what was your first impression of the site upon joining?

How many more times do you think I'll leave WKP before you retire?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Because I know y'all are sim-heads, discuss the S35 correlations article I threw up. Maybe that has more of an answer to Slappy's question for MC's gonna MC Pod than my headache/rage/grief-induced answer Smile)

Early thoughts on the S35 SMJHL draft class?

For better or worse, which SHL team will be the biggest surprise next season?

After the recent discussion on McZ not winning MVP, do you think hits are overvalued by most users? How large of an offensive gap do you think defensive contributions (hits, blocked shots, etc.) can bridge?

While you have plenty of questions, I don't see a question about the LB -> Jets trade, so let's hear thoughts on that, especially after Slappy's post in the thread announcing said trade.

Have a good show!

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Talked to Bonky and we're definitely on for tomorrow night. Get those questions, queries, quibbles, quandaries and whatever else does or does not start with a Q in here. We need your help. Only together can we fight the forces of darkness and chaos that intrude upon our very brains, driving us to the brink of madness.

Or maybe that's just me.

Either way, get some shit in here, please. Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

You're at 41 pages rn, what's your favorite 40+ page discussion on the SHL?

Talk DFL, you seeing anyone with an advantage?

Holy shit, people are worked up about PGS. What's your take on them limiting who does PGS?

The SHL Correlations article (finished and updated to include goalie stats and other stuff) got $5.5M. Is this the type of effort required to get bonus pay? (Legit asking, didn't check my word count Smile) )

Slappy, since you mentioned it in the podcast thread, I would like to insert a food segment here: the diet is going well. Yes, it's restricting, but I've lost 13 pounds off it in the past about month, and I'm still cooking solid stuff. My favorite breakfast right now is a pork chop rubbed down with Dijon mustard, garlic, and cracked pepper, then fried on a skillet with some eggs and coffee to drink. I also get in on the fruit action with clementines and strawberries.

And to make y'all stop worrying lol, I'm doing fine Smile just a bit lonely at times with the fiancee in Austin and me in Houston, we don't get to see each other much. Still talking every day and stuff, but it's not the same. Can't wait to move there in a year. Either of you do a long-distance relationship?

Finally, we had a reroll for the preseason. Both times, we've had an exorbitant amount of players going for that coveted 250 hit mark. Is this a revolution of hitters in the SHL or the preseason being stupid unpredictable?

If you could slap any one person on the team, who would it be and why? (Both can answer for their respective team)

Other than Stinkywink Dupoopoo, are there any other player names you've found really cool? We drafted a guy in S20 named Sparky Chewbarky who went inactive, that was a cool name.

Why do you think a lot of people with cool names like the two mentioned above have a tendency to go inactive? Another example being Dildoen Dakunt, even tho he's come back recently with a new player.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

gfridge did a really interesting podcast. If you've had the chance to listen, what are your thoughts?

This time it's Bonk with the early league lead in fantasy. Do you think he'll hold it, or fall back later on?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jun 17 2017, 06:30 AM
gfridge did a really interesting podcast. If you've had the chance to listen, what are your thoughts?

This time it's Bonk with the early league lead in fantasy. Do you think he'll hold it, or fall back later on?

These, and any other pressing questions, will have to wait until next week. No BS tonight, I'm afraid.

Incidentally, I did listen to Fridge's podcast. I'd love to hear him really focus on Simon T in specific.

Alright ladies, gents and other, there is more BS on tap for tomorrow night.

Bonk and I need your help to make our podcast dreams a reality. Won't you give a minute of your time to aid these poor unfortunate souls? o:-)

Thank you.

What level is the Air Conditioning at in Bonk's house right now?

When is the last time either of you did not wear mesh shorts? Not counting work.

Feelings on the season Esa Anrikkanen is having and if he is once again using performance enchancing parms?

Should the league ban consumption of chicken parms during the season? What would this ban mean to Calgary?

Rumor is that Esa is finding his XXXL jersey more comfortable this season as he upgraded from his XXL and that is the reason for the hot start. Talk about the benefits of comfortable clothing...

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

With the SMJHL trade deadline being announced, do you have any thoughts as to trades that need to happen in the SHL at the deadline? Who are the buyers and sellers?

To rehash <a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Coach Biz</a>'s question from my pod: compare the top 7 picks of the S30, 32, 33, and 34 SHL Drafts. Which grouping of 7 will be the "best" of the bunch when their career's done? Note: I'm salty as fuck because I was pick #8 in the S30 draft Smile)

Favorite taco? Went to Torchy's (yes, it's cheat weekend) and got the Democrat: barbacoa, avocado, onion, and cilantro with lime on corn tortillas.