Create Account

Goalie problems

So goalie position is made for lazy users who want a shortcut from everyone else into having a good player lol

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Aug 23 2017, 02:36 PM
So goalie position is made for lazy users who want a shortcut from everyone else into having a good player lol
I think they are calling you lazy, you should TD them.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Aug 23 2017, 02:36 PM
not true at all

I am lazy af and Nevzorov sucked some serious shit filled asshole

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Aug 24 2017, 12:36 AM

More like Goalie position is made for anyone basically because your tpe pretty much mean diddly squat

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Aug 23 2017, 07:17 PM

More like Goalie position is made for anyone basically because your tpe pretty much mean diddly squat

Basically lol you reach 700 tpe n u have a strong build

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 23 2017, 03:05 PM
It's funny to see so many people complain about how it sucks to be a goalie, when the feelings of goalies is the biggest reason why we never changed sim engine version. I find the irony palatable.

Show me one time I've complained about being a goalie. I never restrict my complaints to one sub group.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Aug 23 2017, 05:36 PM

Yeah I shortcutted myself into being a top goalie with 540 TPE. You right.

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Aug 24 2017, 02:36 AM

Show me one time I've complained about being a goalie. I never restrict my complaints to one sub group.

You're not the only goalie in the league.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 24 2017, 06:36 AM

You're not the only goalie in the league.

But I am important. So...

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Aug 24 2017, 06:42 AM

But I am important. So...

I've been bringing up sim engine changes for 15 seasons, and the reason I was always given was that it would kill goalie numbers and make the position not fun for goalies. I'm stepping away from this league anyway, so I don't really care what happens anymore.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 24 2017, 06:45 AM

I've been bringing up sim engine changes for 15 seasons, and the reason I was always given was that it would kill goalie numbers and make the position not fun for goalies. I'm stepping away from this league anyway, so I don't really care what happens anymore.
I personally never understood that, because as long as you are doing better than the other goalies do you really mind if your save percentage was in the .800s?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Aug 24 2017, 01:52 PM

I personally never understood that, because as long as you are doing better than the other goalies do you really mind if your save percentage was in the .800s?

I don't think that the top scorers in the league would find it enjoyable if they averaged like 0.40 points per game either tbh. We all want to see gud numbers bb

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar+Aug 24 2017, 06:52 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (ArGarBarGar @ Aug 24 2017, 06:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I personally never understood that, because as long as you are doing better than the other goalies do you really mind if your save percentage was in the .800s?[/b]
This is my exact thought on the whole thing...
<!--QuoteBegin-SwegKingu@Aug 24 2017, 06:59 AM
I don't think that the top scorers in the league would find it enjoyable if they averaged like 0.40 points per game either tbh. We all want to see gud numbers bb[/quote]
Again... if I have 40 points in a season, but everyone else has 30... I've absolutely scorched the league, and I'm pretty damn happy.

It's all league relative. At least, that's how I see it.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Eh in the PHL we use 2.1 which is the "offensive" sim engine and we just had a goalie lead the league with a .914 Save% and Last season the top goalie had .922 Save Percentage so it's rare a goalie could have solid numbers but it's a most goalies will probably have .890- .905 numbers with the 2.1 Sim Engine in the SHL.

EDIT: Running a test sim with PHL sim settings and 2.1 Engine

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Aug 24 2017, 04:21 AM
Eh in the PHL we use 2.1 which is the "offensive" sim engine and we just had a goalie lead the league with a .914 Save% and Last season the top goalie had .922 Save Percentage so it's rare a goalie could have solid numbers but it's a most goalies will probably have .890- .905 numbers with the 2.1 Sim Engine in the SHL.

EDIT: Running a test sim with PHL sim settings and 2.1 Engine
Results:

Robert Andersson (MIN) 26 - 0.894
Michael McFadden (SEA) 31 - 0.891
Timo Haas (LAP) 34 - 0.891
Mikke Laukkanen (NEW) 39 - 0.889
Jason Aittokallio (MAN) 33 - 0.889

Leading Scorer - 97 Points (50 Goals in 50 Games)

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]