Create Account

S36 Championship Week

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
My unsung hero of the playoffs would be Texas winger Zanarkand Abes. Abes did not have that great of a regular season but he really picked it up in the playoffs. He finished the regular season with just 13 points. In this playoff run he was able to put up 8 points, 4 of them being goals. Only 3 less goals than he scored in the whole regular season. Abes played on the Renegades third line. Their third line was not given to much ice time but they really did make the most of it. Abes only averaged about 13 minutes a night but he was able to provide solid depth scoring for his team. He also played some solid defense, finishing as a +1 in the playoffs. I think without their 3rd line stepping up their game in the playoffs, the Renegades probably do not win the Challenge Cup. That is why Abes is my unsung hero of the playoffs.

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.
I'm writing this after the series as finished but I have always thought that the Renegades had the edge in this series. The Renegades top 6 has been so strong all season long. They play the majority of the game and have found great chemistry together. Picking up players like Sven Karlsson to solidify the top 6 is what pushed them over the edge I think. They also have 5 very strong defenders in Windsor, Kaiser, Black, Vader and Lidstrom. Windsor was a great pick up for Texas. The Wolfpack also have a very strong defense but I think Texas is slightly better. I think the goal tending is pretty even. I would give a very slight edge to New England but both teams have very solid goalies. So in my mind Texas had the better top six and a slightly better defense and that is why I thought they had the edge going into this series.

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: gEVd4ht.png]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: cmdRSMJ.png]

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

TASK ONE

If I was the coach of my Detroit Falcons, I would have changed things up just a bit. While we had a star line led by me, Francesco Bellucci, I feel like we could have used some little tweaks. First of all - move Kevin Marks to first line instead of Michael Walker. Marks was undeniably better in taking faceoffs, as he took more and won more. He also had a better shot percentage. With me being the playmaker on this high-octane line, Vijanupatan Singh and Marks would be constantly provided with some dank ass passes. I would have also put Ryan Strathairn on at least one 1st powerplay pairing. He had an amazing shot percentage for a defender and he also was tied for the top scorer in the team. If we had these additions in our first line, I feel like we would have been more consistent and we would have been able to straight up bomb opponent's goal. Also, in 4v4 lines I'd remove Victorsson. After an amazing S35 campaign he has fell off quite a bit. I feel the likes of Bellucci, Bulota would have been better here, as well as Arrivabene could have been promoted. Other than that, I feel like we had pretty solid lineup.

TASK TWO

I think Ryan Strathairn showed that he is top class SMJHL defender in the S36 playoffs. Acquired in a trade from the Montreal Militia, he immediately proved that he is a good addition and will produce many points moving forward. He did just that in the S36 SMJHL playoffs. First of all, he co-led the Detroit Falcons in scoring and was tied for the second-best point total in the whole postseason, trailing only Prince George defenseman, Oliver König. That's already an impressive stat, but what if I told you he played on the second pairing the whole time? It had less playing time, yet he found a way to make an impact. Not only that, he also proved that he has a well-rounded game, being 9th best in the league in terms of hits. He was 9th best in the league in points per 20 minutes, too. But what impressed me the most is the fact that he scored 4 powerplay goals. Every single one of his playoff goals was scored in the powerplay. And he played on the second pairing in PP too. If only he had a chance to play with the first line, I feel like he could have been the top scorer in the playoffs.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My choice for the most underrated player in these playoffs is easy. Viktor Vorkampfer is easily the unsung hero at these point in the playoffs, playing with the eliminated Buffalo Stampede. He played in 7 games, and scored 2 points, one goal and one assist. With 8 hits taken, Vorkampfer sacrificed his body a lot during these playoffs. Which is why he is the unsung hero. Everyone knows buffalo would’ve gotten swept if Vorkampfer wasn’t on the ice with his incredible energy. He also had a 48% FO%, which may seem bad but it was second on the team so, Vorkampfer is the greatest. Most people would say that Viktor didn’t really effect much of any outcome of any of the games playing on the third line. But the formal 3rd overall pick is the heart and soul of the stampede (obviously) and they would probably be nothing without him.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Code:
165 words
Whilst not the most loud spoken player on the Renegades, I would say that Lord Vader has definitely been fitting the bill for “Unsung Hero of the S36 playoffs” in my opinion. He has been playing the highest minutes on average on the Renegades, averaging 28.77 minutes a night and still managing to put up 11 assists and keep a plus/minus of +5. His 31 shots blocked put him right behind league leader Winston Windsor, also from the Renegades. On a team that is so heavily reliant on their defensive success, Vader has managed to be that defensive defenseman that championship teams need. On top of that, most of his points occurred at even strength showing us that he has a great first pass, being able to let his teammates take over the offense and score. A reliable backline lets the forwards do what they were meant to do. Score goals. And this is exactly why Lord Vader is my unsung hero of these playoffs.

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.
Code:
159 words
Coming into the series I would say that the advantage lies with the New England Wolfpack. Their team has gelled after the trading of Crutchfield and has been performing like everyone expected them to. Their offense, led by Patrikov Bure has been deadly throughout all their lines and don’t look like they have any real weaknesses at this point. This has translated to a pretty convincing performance through both rounds of playoffs so far. Meanwhile the Texas Renegades have been shining through their defense Winston Windsor & Adam Kaiser. Their veteran forwards, Geoffrey Allen & Jack Durden have finally had solid, consistent performances, with both of them being above a point-per-game in the playoffs. The biggest factor in this series will be whether the Renegades Defense will be able to contain the Wolfpack offense or whether they’ll get run over. This will be a close series that wouldn’t surprise anyone if it goes all the way to 7 games.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.
Code:
189 words
This season, the SHL has decided to host a charity event in the few days before the finals begin. The Playoffs Charity Drive will be aiming to gather funds to help a charity from both New England and Texas. Both Renegades and Wolfpack will be sending 3 representatives for a fun 3v3 ball hockey as well as a barbecue. Proceeds from ticket sales will be split evenly among both teams and will all be given to the charities of the teams’ choices. The winning team will get their half of the pot doubled by the SHL as an incentive to not take this event too lightly. The Renegades will be represented by Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen and Winston Windsor as the three veterans look to show all their young fans how ball hockey is played. For the Wolfpack, Patrikov Bure, Raven Silverwing and Jasper Clayton who promised to win it for their cause as well as to send a message to the Renegades before the playoffs begin. Whomever the winner, charities will be the true winners and the fans present at the event will surely have their money’s worth.

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: RvKHS3g.png]

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

5)
[Image: MHz75NY.jpg]

6)
[Image: IAXTIxn.jpg]

7)
[Image: Sk0ynGq.jpg]

8)
[Image: SN0UR1l.jpg]

First time doing graphics for Championship Week, please be gentle Smile

[Image: Sl2jY5Y.png]

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: Xg6ojSq.png]

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

[Image: jADi46F.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: STTVOQC.jpg]

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

So here's the deal, I don't know these teams nearly well enough to say I can form lines for them. I haven't paid attention to more than a few specific players. Thus, this would be more of a show of humor instead.

Forwards:
Dane Rowe - Damien Wert - Teddy Kesler
Evandrus Jesster - Chris York - Kristian Eriksson
Travis Kudleychuk - Elias Lindstrom - Reed Laing
Travis Kudleychuk - Evandrus Jesster - Kristian Eriksson

Alright, so I'm no lines genius and it's hard to make things funny enough. I figure Rowe and Wert go together because I have consistently mistook them for each other, and since the sim orders people by first name, I constantly put them in each other's spots accidentally and have to fix it. From there, just flip-flopping people around. The fourth line is the most fun in that it would be physically imposing while also being downright dominant with possession.

Defense:
Chris Crutchfield - Marc-Andre Malkin
Kristoffer Ruud - Zander Rhys
Cynthia Taylor - Chris Crutchfield

So as it turns out, Toronto is poorly made if handedness mattered. Luckily it doesn't, but for the moment, let's pretend it does. Crutch is the obvious choice to switch sides, being that he's the most skilled of the bunch and an older, more experienced defender. He's the one most likely to cover for his partner and be able to make the smart reads necessary to make up for his slight deficiency on his left side. Partnering him with a strong player like Malkin just adds to the success he'll have as he won't have to worry about covering for his partner nearly as much. The second pairing, we're moving another wily veteran with experience playing both sides over in Kristoffer Ruud and pairing him with the younger, but superb Zander Rhys. Finally, we have a god awful pairing of Cynthia Taylor, the only lefty of the bunch, with Chris Crutchfield on the right side. The awful part being that Taylor, as we know, cannot score on anyone except me and Crutch is only going to get confused by the constant switching from left to right on different shifts.

I'm writing this after everything has settled and I know the ending, so it's a little difficult to do it up to that point. However to the point of the ending, I would say Beau Bent. He's nothing flashy. In fact, he's not in any way special. He had 5 points in 16 games, barely finished and was barely even a positive on a relatively dominant Challenge Cup team. The important part of him is that he was, really, nothing special at all.

Beau played the third line minutes, rode the bench for much of the game, played nearly 14 minutes a game. He'd go out for plenty of face-offs, losing most of them. But he was a tenacious player, who didn't do anything especially wrong. He could play his position wisely. Players make mistakes at times, there's always those players who just constantly seem to be the ones in trouble or on the ice for a goal against. Beau is the kind of guy that checks his man, defends his spot and makes a smart play to clear the puck when he has a chance to. On a Cup winning team, its not all about a star studded team, it's about the little people who do the right things who really drive play and give those stars a rest without having to worry. Beau Bent is that guy, just smart and keeps the team comfortable for a shift.

From the past couple of seasons -- look it up in my predictions -- I have constantly bet on the Texas Renegades to win the Challenge Cup. This season was no different (again, see the playoff bracket). Texas has been my favorite to win since they acquired Cody Black and Winston Windsor. They have, by far, the best defense I could make out. Windsor is athletic, quick and agile. Lord Vader is as understated as they come, ironically. Vladimir Lidstrom can turn a game on it's head at any given moment. Cody Black drives play and can be an absolute terror of a physical force. When you take a look at this team, there is no reason that they would ever lose in the playoffs -- unless goaltender experience and ability matters.

This playoffs seems like the kind where everything just clicked. As I've preached, as many great GMs have preached, patience is a virtue and it came together. If you want to know the true factor that brought New England and Texas to this point -- consistency. Neither one tinkered with lines and got upset at a two or three game losing stretch. They weathered the storm, took it in stride and stuck with what would work. The chemistry built over that stretch mattered, the battles they won mattered and in the end, it's that which brought Texas to the Challenge Cup.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

How do you do a charity event with at least six people being named? Obviously, a golf tournament. Which also explains the sudden disappearance of the New England Wolfpack scoring for a game or two -- tired from swinging the clubs.

The day started off with a driving competition. Jack Durden was pretty surprising in this one, hitting the ball for over 400 ft. Rick James launched it so long, no one actually ended up seeing it land and we have yet to find it.

After the driving competition, it was time to pair up and we decided to make it a Renegade and a Wolfpack in each pairing. Durden was stuck with Raven Silverwing, making for a relatively awkward time. Rick James was paired with Mia Landvik, seeing as she is probably the only other one who could put him in his place. Of course Dieter Dominique had a strong showing in this, as with almost everything else the talented one does, while playing alongside Winston Windsor.

By the end, we came to realize something about these teams. New England has been playoff bound too much over the years, and everyone except Dominique was god-awful at golfing and completely out of pratice. Dominique is just too naturally gifted at just about everything he's ever done. Meanwhile, Texas had some strong game at times. Beau Bent was known to be very successful on the course, already trying to parlay into a management role instead of a playing one. Cody Black and Winston Windsor were fantastic, granted they're more comfortable on the course from their days on other teams.

It was a roaring success overall, though they hope to have some better golfers next year considering the amount of money they'll need to cut into for repairs next.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Task 1: Ok so i'm going to coach my team cause why the fuck not. Our first line was pretty weak this season so i'd want to switch that around, and I think a good way to do that is to move down Singh to center on line 2. This puts our two best centers on two different lines and allows for more contribution from both of them. I also bring up Bulota to play with a great playmaker in Bellucci, who can also bounces his passes off Walker for maximum efficiency. Singh can play with Arrivabene and Victorsson, Arrivabene and Singh both being great players who can play off eachother and Victorsson would be the best available winger left. Finally I put Marks on line 3 with the barlow brothers to be a solid grinder line that can occasionally do a job and I put McKinley and McMahon on a line with Singh to allow them to play but also to allow my player to do as much as possible. Finally, Hefeweizen and Richter match together as well as Turska and Strathairn to balance contribution on both pairs, and the rest of the Ds play 3rd pair with our 2 best Ds playing a bit of extra time on the 4th pair.

Michael Walker - Francesco Bellucci - Jurgis Bulota
Vijanupatan Singh- Maurizio Arrivabene - Mathias Victorsson
Kevin Marks - Timmy Barlow - Tommy Barlow
Alexander McKinley - Tommy McMahon - Vinajupatan Singh

Karl Heifeweizen - Ryan Richter
Ben Turska - Ryan Strathairn
Dwong Ho - Hans Oldrich
Ben Turska - Karl Heifeweizen

Evgeni Marmaladov
Blowjob Jesus Jr.

Task 2:
task 2: Unsung hero? it's gotta be Windsor for me. Even though you really don't see him as a massive force on a great renegades' team, he is a big contributor. In the first 2 rounds, he had a quiet 12 points in 10 games and he blocked a pretty crazy 20 shots in that same time period. This team swept the goddamn Dragons for god's sake, and I think it's obvious that Windsor played a massive role. Their whole defense was super reliable, but Windsor takes the cake in their series against the dragons, 2 assists with 3 blocked shots in game 1, an assist and a blocked shot in game 2, 2 assists and a blocked shot in game 3, 2 assists and 3 blocked shots for game 4. Consistent production as well as defensive contribution like that is even more than you could possibly ask for out of your best defensemen, and Windsor definitely belongs in the playoff MVP talks.

task 3: It's been a long ass time since the renegades were competing for a cup, and I think they obviously deserve to be considered the favorites when they swept the dominant dragons. Their LR has always been a weird family, not many people choose to leave the renegades because it's a great environment, and I think they just needed to get a bit lucky for once to finally take that chance and make it back to the finals. Interestingly, you could say that the renegades are really relying on star power, and that star power will carry them to the cup. When a renegade scores 3 points, they are 4-0. If they want to take out the Wolfpack, that consistent contribution from the star power and someone stepping up to take over the game once and a while will be key for the renegades.

task 4:
task 4: my charity would be for the detroit-st. louis series. The players involved would be Vijanupatan Singh, a known philanthropist who has contributed a massive amount of money to the pacific islands hockey programs, Francesco Bellucci, who has been known to pass the puck just as often as he passes food and drink to homeless children, and finally, Evgeni Marmeladov, who not only saves pucks from going in, but saves low-income children from ruining their school life. For St.Louis, we would see the appearance of Roman Augustus, who, despite being emperor of the smjhl, has been known to help human trafficking victims find their way in society, Teddy Cuddles, who shows his mean streak on the ice but sure knows how to help children with anger-issues learn how to develop in the world, and finally, Joe Lombardi, a player who has not yet broken out but he has broken out the gifts for the orphans. The Charity being contributed to would be the SHL cares foundation, and these charitable individuals would play a 5 a side hockey game with 4 lucky but at the same time unlucky cancer-afflicted children.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

TASK TWO:
We’re no psychics, but something tells us that Dieter Dominique is going to score a hat trick in the final game of the playoffs and that’s all a lot of Wolfpack fans will be talking about for seasons to come when they think back to the final game of season 36’s playoffs. But that’s not the hero we’ll remember of the playoffs. Looking at past seasons, Patrikov Bure had been down on his luck--some would even say “washed up”--and even in season 36, he wasn’t as memorable as he should have been. But enough is enough. Bure kept the third period of game 3 against the North Stars tied at two, and then helped Dominique with an assist in double overtime when his washed up self might have been tired. He also decided his teammates shouldn’t have to suffer a game 7 against the Chiefs, so in game 6, he scored the first two goals of the game in less than three minutes apart and helped with an assist on the final goal of the game to help New England reach the finals. Not only that, we’re predicting he tops the point scoring for the Wolfpack at 22 points and maximizes his hits at 63. That’s pretty dope for 18 games. Way to be an unsung hero, Bure.

TASK THREE:
(Writing this in past tense, obvi.) As the New England Wolfpack head into the final playoffs against the Texas Renegades, many are saying that the Wolfpack are vibing like they were back in season 33 when they won the Cup. The team won twelve of their last thirteen games in the regular season after some were assuming they would miss the playoffs entirely, and they came out on top in the Eastern Conference after defeating the Toronto North Stars and Minnesota Chiefs. They definitely have the edge in terms of playoff experience and underdog enthusiasm, what with this being the first finals they’ve faced without Nathan Russell in many seasons. However, after losing their first two games against the Winnipeg Jets, the Renegades have found their winning streak with four consecutive wins in round one, followed by a quick sweep of the Calgary Dragons in round two. It’s all about not getting over-confident and staying focused for both of these teams as they head into the finals. The Wolfpack have a history of taking penalties in important moments in the playoffs, so they just have to keep their heads level as soon as they take the ice.

TASK FIVE:
[Image: Qy2Bwab.png]

TASK SEVEN:
[Image: gpx56Ej.png]

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Task 1
Look, all I am saying is that if I was coaching the Minnesota Chiefs things would have worked out for the better. Poor Alonzo Garbanzo, working double shift on defense playing both first and third line. The man is an aging veteran, and can barely get out of his chair these days let alone skate for over 30 minutes a game.

Hell, the Chiefs were double shifting offensive players as well. I think it would have been beneficial for the Chiefs to add a bit of depth because they could have used some grinders when it came to the post season and I think it really inhibited them in the end.

I also would have moved Lord Pretty Flacko up to the first line of the power play. I think it is tough to put one of the best offensive players in the game on the second line for the power play.

No variance between rookies and vets on the lines compared with some tired players hurt this team.

Task 2
The unsung hero of the S36 SHL playoffs has to be Rick James. The Renegades enjoyed a tremendous post season run and names like Jack Durden and Geoffrey Allen were often the media darlings along the way.

However, the work of Rick James can absolutely not be understated. A longtime Renegade, James continually laid the beating on opponents while causing chaos on the offensive side of the puck. James is not known for his scoring, but rather his sheer intimidation and notoriety for getting in the face of opponents.

With 10 points this post season, James enjoyed solid offensive success. Where he really shined however was in his team leading 54 hits to go along with 31 shot blocks. If not for Rick James, I don't think there is any way this Renegades team goes to the Championship, let alone win it. He is a do-it-all player who will do whatever it takes for the team to win.

Task 3
The Texas Renegades have (or had) the edge in this series. One big reason: cohesiveness. Anyone who has followed the team over the past several seasons can see that the Texas Renegades have been able to maintain much of their core group. This is a testament to their culture, as they were able to develop players who truly bought into what the team was offering.

Of course, offense definitely helps. This team is loaded with offensive firepower. Jack Durden and Geoffrey Allen are a couple of veterans who have led the charge for the Renegades for years, and this playoff is no different.

The Renegades also have a good mix of veteran leadership and young skill players. This achievement in balance has created an environment that has contributed to their player's success and growth.

Any team that can build a culture over many seasons like the Renegades have done deserves the advantage. That paired with the talent they have can make them unstoppable.

Task 4
The "SHL Gives Back" charity event thought it would be a good idea to host a charity dodgeball game between the Texas Renegades and New England Wolfpack. Boy were they wrong...

The trouble started right off the bat when Geoffrey Allen threw an illegally weighted ball at Wolfpack star Patrikov Bure. Bure was treated for injury while Allen was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Wolfpack goaltender Mikke Laukkanen was throwing a ball while jumping in the air, similar to that scene in the movie "Dodgeball," but landed on his leg in an awkward way and had to be carried off the ice, leaving the Wolfpack in trouble for the rest of the post season.

Lord Vader took the game way too seriously, as he used his dark force powers to choke out Wolfpack rookie Brett Kennedy.

Raven Silverwing thought that moment was actually pretty cool, and decided to join Lord Vader on the dark side, and set off to the Death Star for training.

Lonely Liam Kinsler, the veteran for Texas, stood alone at the center of court. He was victorious in the game, but at what cost?

The game raised $7.18 for the "SHL Gives Back" charity.

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.
I have just been named the coach of the Prince George Firebirds, we lost to the Halifax Raiders in seven games because that Jordin FourFour guy is a hell of a coach, so we hired him to come change our lines up. So here we are.
Teppo Lehtonen – Dani Forsberg – Blarbar Bananerstrom
Jill Jellybeanov – Louie Garrett – Dionyz Vsykoc
Trevor Beaulieu – Jack Dore – Louie Garett
Teppo Letonen – Dani Forsberg – Dionyz Vsykoc

Zemgus Nylander – Oliver Konig
Declan Reilly – Anze Barbashev
Sigurd Hansen – Arthur Dayne
Declan Reilly – Oliver Konig

So the main switch here is between the first and second lines, the Forsberg line did not produce as well on the second line, so moving them up to the first would help them tremoundously to score. I also put Garrett and Vsykoc together and moved Blabar to the first line to help spread out the scoring. Prince George had a heavy scoring top line but the offense dropped off soon after. ON defense the switch was minimal, the defense played really well during the series, the only thing I would do is make the defenders a little more defensive and make it a 0-4-1 strat instead of a 0-3-2 just to let the forwards do they job and make the defenders defend the net. In net we still stay with Zhumbayev as he is a world class goalie.

My unsung hero for the playoffs would be Chippy Chiclets, he was a major force on the Halifax Backend putting up 4 goals from the point which was critical to Halifax’s success as the defense was also putting up points on the board if the forwards were lacking in that category. He also was a big quarterback on the back end as he was passing the puck around and finding open members of the Raiders to pot the puck in the back of the net. His stat line is not that impressive which is why he may not be in consideration for a top player during the playoffs, but along with his nice production, he was helping defensively blocking 20 shots through the 13 games he played, which was a big help to a Halifax team that was on the penalty kill for most of the finals. He was also one of the highest playing player on the team with 23 minutes per game averaged during his time in the playoffs.

I believe that the Texas Renegades have the edge over the New England Wolfpack in this series. Texas has a great team and they showcased it through the regular season with their stellar play through the regular season they finished third place in a tight western conference, just 3 points behind the presidents trophy winning Calgary Dragons. Texas also plays in the harder conference as teams like Winnipeg, Seattle, Calgary and Los Angeles all competed for a playoff spot and were pretty close for most of the season. The biggest thing that will be for Texas is scoring goals. Texas is playing a team that had a decent goal differential with a +6 during the season. They boast very good goal scoring and it will be very beneficial if they continue to keep up a good scoring pace in the playoffs. Goals win games and that is what texas needs to do if they want to win the series.

So the Simulation Hockey League has decided for their 36th Championship Week they would go to a local minor hockey association and start a nice event for the little kids that are entering minor hockey for another season. From the Texas Renegades we have General Manager Geoffrey Allen and his trusted sidekick Onyx partaking in the activities, and from the New England Wolfpack they were too pumped for the game they took Cody Fletcher from his practice facility in Halifax and sent him to the local rink in Texas to help the little kids out. The name of the charity the two players were supporting was “KIDS CAN PLAY TOO GUYS!” the charity was focused on helping financially unstable families put their kids in minor hockey. After a few hours, Jack Durden and Liam Kinsler showed up to the event, while Jasper Clayton and Patrikov Bure finally showed up for the Wolfpack. So with three players from each team, the players took the kids on the ice and had a classic old game of shinny with them. The game of shinny was great and parents took many photos as they raised corporate money to donate to help children play hockey.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

1) For some odd reason, due to some strange physical happenstance, Halfdan Thorstein enters the Minnesota Chiefs locker room wearing a suit, tie, slacks, and a pair of blue sneakers. He has become the coach. His ultimate goal? To recombobulate the lines and win the series his predecessor lost. His first change is to keep the Flacko, Koroviev, Thorstein line in place, but remove 1 Physical stat, 1 Defense stat, and go for an all-out attack mode of 5 on Offense. His second change? Starkonov and Nova swap places, Starkonov taking the Right Wing slot and Nova the Left Wing slot, whilst Glover maintains the Center position; Defense is set to 1, and Offense to 4. Starkonov and Glover have a lot of skill, but Nova's defensive game will lend credence to the Chief's counter-attack and this line would be able to matchup against the top lines in the entire league. Glover, O'Rourke, and Thorstein would be the third line, going 1 Defense and 4 Offense - why not put the biscuit in the basket as often as possible? That's the best defense - scoring on your opponent. Finally, Flacko, Koroviev, and Nova would be 2 Physical, 3 Offense. Flacko and Nova know how to play the body, and this would be an elite counter-attack line that gets physical, causes turnovers, and capitalizes with elite talent.

2) Unsung hero? In a heart-beat I'd have to say Terrance Nova. Minnesota made it to the Eastern finals, and had a great match-up to make it to the Cup. Unfortunately, Minnesota didn't quite make it. Most people would look at Minnesota and say Garbanzo, Flacko, or Andersson were the MVPS - don't get me wrong, they played fantastic hockey. But what most people may not have seen was how consistent Nova was throughout the playoffs. He put up 14 points, a +3 (10 more than Flacko), and had 2 game winning goals and one game tying goal. Plus, he was only in the box for 2 penalties throughout the 13 games he played. That shows tremendous discipline and a focus on the ultimate objective. So for me, Nova is the unsung hero. Most people didn't even project Minnesota to make the playoffs, let alone win a series and take the Eastern finals to the brink.

3) The edge in this Cup finals definitely belongs to New England, in my opinion. These are both fantastic hockey clubs, don't get me wrong. But New England is stacked throughout the lineup. Plus, they were able to beat Minnesota, which ultimately means they're the best team in the league! The forward core of Bure, Silverwing, Makinen and Dominique put up astonishing numbers in the post-season. Don't get me wrong, Durden, Allen, Falk and Karlsson were sensational as well, but not quite what New England was throwing down. Ultimately, goaltenders are what make championship teams, in my opinion. Laukkanen is on a level much higher than Pel is, at this point in time. Laukkanen is sitting on a pretty 91.8% save percentrage, whereas Pel is only at 89.6%. Pel is young and gifted, but at this point in time, Laukkanen has a much higher edge over Pel. For that reason, New England is able to take the cake and win it all.

4) The Buffalo Stampede and Minnesota Chiefs will be hosting a charity dinner - competition style, of course, for the Youth Burn Ward in Minnesota. This is an exciting challenge, which will feature four teams - a mixture of Forwards, Goalies, and Defense on each team. The first team will feature Max Wachter, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Halfdan Thorstein, and Robert Andersson. Team two will be comprised of Lord Pretty Flacko, Noctis Caelum, Alexis Metzler, and Vlad McZehrl. Team three will be composed of Zallerras Szlerchek, Jack Burton, Alonzo Garbanzo, and Terrance Nova. Finally, the fourth team in the competition will be Ivan Koroviev, Eero Hämäläinen, Nicolas Winter, and Brynjar Tusk. The four teams will have to work against each other by completing an appetizer, an entree, and one stunning dessert for the young children at the St. Mary's Burn Ward. The children will vote - totally blind - for which team is the victor. The winning team will be able to present the Ward with a mural of them with the children, doctors, and nurses - plus treat the kids to whatever fantastic night of fun they want!

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Ok, so the Challenge Cup is already over, and therefore this article is like, 100 percent pointless, but i need TPE therefore its gonna get written anyway!

Texas and New England are in the finals, its anyones guess who will win the finals series but theres only one guess that matters, and thats mine! I say the Texas Renegades are going to take this to the bank and win the Challenge cup, all based on their strength at goalie, Georgette Pel.

Pel is an incredible goalie. I had the pleasure of mentoring her in Halifax when I was getting ready to become a GOAT backup for the Calgary Dragons. She is hard working and incredibly determined. She has seemingly been underrated in her stint in the SHL so far, but that should end this finals series! She will lead the Texas Renegades to a finals win, off the back of her series MVP award!

In the Seattle and Calgary series, teams didnt have to go far for the road trips. As a treat, after game 2, fans in Calgary and Seattle both got to be treated to a clarity event.

In Calgary, the "Kick Cancers Ass" fundraiser made a comeback! backup goalie Richard C. Hocolate was the main organizer, as he was last time. Esa helped make the fundraiser dinner, an all you can eat chicken parm buffet! Alex Mack was also a big help for the fundraiser. He brought the entertainment: His sister, Christy!

In Seattle, teams held a special charity autograph session and meet the pros section, all to raise money to bring the Supersonics back to Seattle! Theo Kane was out all night signing autographs and jerseys. Cory Knouse, who played basketball in his NCAA days at Kansas, hosted a pickup celebrity basketball game. Michael McFadden joined in, but was really bad, and he got SMOKED

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: pz1c1To.png]

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

[Image: TVdvg81.png]

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

So this task wants me to make new lines for a trash eliminated team and I do want them free TPE's. I really need these 12 TPEs so I decided to make a starting lineup for the most trash team of all New England. The reason I'm making a trash starting lineup for NEW is because we beat them. They suck. and WE DA BEST. Here's my lineup dawg.

Tim Elliott - Art Vandalay - Jason Forbrook
Mikel Talo - Mainio Makkinen - Cara Hohenberg
Brett Kennedy - Spitfire - Patrikov Bure.
Xander Green - Dieter Dominique - Raven Silverwing
Jasper Clayton - Joakim Lindqvist
Roman Morenov - Mia Landvik
Lukas Johnson - Toivo Kosonen
Carter Fleury

So I guess I gotta explain why I'm using these guys. Tim Elliott, Art Vandalay, and Jason Forbrook got fuck all for playing time. Unlike you guys, we at Texas actually play all of our guys. Give them fucking playing time or don't play them at all. Jasper Clayton because he was so trash during the playoffs even while playing 20 minutes a game. Just retire. Joakim Lindqvist because I love his name and I know he's a forward but I had to add him because there are no other trash defenders in their lineup. Carter Fleury is a filler. 2nd line is my inactive line seeing how none of These players are around the forums anymore. 3rd line is scrub line because all these players are scrubs especially Bure. Last line is the try hard 4th line who would normally be a 1st line but I'm a man of equality and I believe they should sacrifice playing time. The bottom two defensive pairs are just their regular defensive pairings but with reduced ice time. The reason I chose this lineup is because I believe everybody on that team should get a fair shake of ice time. There's a lot of depth in NEW that they don't utilize. I believe using this lineup allows NEW to maximize their full potential when it comes to depth.

The unsung hero of the playoffs has to be Georgette Pel for sure. Pel back stopped Texas to a Challenge Cup championship these playoffs. You might look at her stats and think that she wasn't great these playoffs. Yes her save percentage was only 89% and her goals against average was only a solid 3, but she always kept Texas in the game with her outstanding performances. Pel had many 1 goal wins these playoffs keeping Texas in the game single handedly. She had 3 straight wins against Winnipeg where she kept Texas in the game helping them win by 1 goal. The next series against Calgary had some of her best performances including the game 2 win where she had a shutout. In the finals she showed she was the better goalie compared to Laukkanen who let in more goals during the final than his rival Pel. Without Pel, Texas wouldn't be anywhere near a cup winning team.

Texas had the edge over New England. They are the team who won. The deserving winners. The biggest factor for the Texas win was their ability to score and their depth. Historically New England has been a team with a great amount of depth from top to bottom. Every line from 1 to 4 had an active player which lead to their dynasty of past years. Now new salary rules have depleted New England. They aren't as strong of a team as they once were. This is where Texas comes in. Texas as a team never had much depth in previous years. They were either one of the last placed teams in the league or non-contenders really. While having the same core as last season, they have really come together these playoffs, especially in the finals where the top 6 was responsible for most of the scoring. Lasting argument for depth benefiting Texas during the series. They kept their entire core throughout the season. There were no trades where they got rid of guys nor there were any trades adding guys into the team. They let their boys play and they won a championship. If New England kept Smirnov and Crutch, they probably would've given Texas a run for their money. Texas really benefited from those trades.

It was the Onyx for Friends fundraiser days before the start of the Challenge Cup Finals series between Texas Renegades and the New England Wolfpack. Before the series, Texas hosted their annual Onyx for Friends fundraiser gala in order to raise money so young children who are not as fortunate as other can have a pet like Onyx. This Gala and fundraiser included an all you can eat buffet, a prize draw with prizes drawn by Texas players Beau Bent and Zanarkand Abes as well as a speech from Texas GM and player Geoffrey Allen telling the people about the Onyx for Friends foundation and its purpose in the community. On the other side of the banquet hall was a protest against Onyx organized by a group of New England players. These players were Raven Silverwing, Patrikov Bure, and Mia Landvik. Their purpose was to stop the Onyx for Friends foundation and demand the killing of Onyx. These New England players then stormed into our banquet hall to demand that we hand over Onyx to them so they can kill him. Then Onyx did the most courageous thing I've ever seen in my entire life. He went up to the mic and said "I AM ONYX HEAR ME ROAR!" followed by the loudest and most beautiful roar I have ever seen in my entire life. The power of the roar pushed the New England players out of the building faster than a Mike Tyson knockout punch. After this courageous moment, the New England players backed off leaving us to live happily ever after knowing we still have our beautiful Onyx.

Did this on mobile so I apologize for any fuck ups:

Task 1: Now that the New England Wolfpack have been eliminated I can finally put both GM’s, <a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Eggy216</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2309' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Toivo</a>, on roast for their disgusting and questionable calls when it comes to lines. Today I’m going to present to you the best lines ever:

Line 1: (Patrikov Bure - Raven Silverwing - Spitfire) This line is Meme Team 6. Silverwing and Bure are both pretty ok players for the 1st line, and they’ll be able to set up the best player in the league in Spitfire for some sick dangle, snipe, cellys.

Line 2: ( Dieter Dominique - Mainio Makinen - Xander Green) This line is going to work together pretty well, i’d imagine, all offensive players who’ll put up points most likely. Combined they might even exceed the 1st line in terms of production.

Line 3: ( Tim Buckner - Brett Kennedy - Mikael Talo) I think this line would be a nice hard hitting and decent scoring line.

Defense 1: (Roman Morenov - Jasper Clayton) While Clayton is serviceable on the 1st line for the wolfpack, Morenov is really the staple here. Morenov is a Wolfpack legend who plays solid shut down defense.

Defense 2: (Mia Landvik - Toivo Kosonen) Two high TPE and well rounded D-men on this line. Overall this is probably the best 2nd line defense in the league.

Defense 3: (Lukas Johnson - Cara Hohenberg) Just some good depth players on this line, not a great 3rd line but certainly a good one.

Goalies:

1. Mikke Laukkanen - Longtime Wolfpack goaltender who’s been consistent in net for them. Easy choice here.
2. Ghost of Earnest Ciarelli - Door opening legend.

Task 2: While the SHL tends to focus on players who have high point totals throughout the playoffs, we tend to forget about the younger role players on each team. Throughout the playoffs the New England Wolfpack have had 3 rookies who all have shown promise - Xander Green, Spitfire and Brett Kennedy. While all have done well and Green in particular gets a lot of praise, I believe Brett Kennedy is the unsung hero of the playoffs. Kennedy currently has 5 goals and 2 assists which might not seem like a lot, but in low scoring games where New England will typically rely on their strong defense and goaltending some gritty goal scoring is needed. In addition to the respectable point totals Kennedy threw 55 hits throughout the playoffs, which is something the New England roster somewhat lacks. Overall he’s been a good solid player that I believe is the unsung hero for the Wolfpack and the playoffs. Next year I’m sure he’ll get more attention for his efforts.

Task 3: I believe going into the series the Texas Renegades have the advantage. While it’ll be a close series either way, and both teams are pretty hot going into the series, Texas has won the last 10 games in a row. I think they’ll ride this momentum into the Challenge Cup finals and take the Wolfpack to 6/7 games. The biggest factor, in my opinion, will be the goaltending in this series. On paper the New England Wolfpack easily have the advantage when it comes to goaltending as they have Mikke Laukkanen in net who’s been consistently solid for the Wolfpack in previous years. Laukkanen has also had a strong showing so far in this year playoffs, which shows there isn’t any sign of decline for the goalie. Texas, on the other hand, has a wild card in Georgette Pal in net. Pal is a younger net minded compared to most of the other playoff goalies, and especially Laukkanen. If Pal can manage to play well against the strong New England offense I think Texas takes the series, but if Pal falters like she has in some previous games they might have a tough time.

Task 4: The Simulation Hockey League this postseason has decided to sponsor the first annual SHL Gaming Tournament. Both the New England Wolfpack and the Texas Renegades sent forth 3 players from their respective teams to take place in the tournament. The tournament attempts to reach out to the massive gaming community to gather more attention for the league as well as garner money for the charity of each players choice. Each team played 3 different games in a best of 3 series. The first game was Skyclash, where the Wolfpack’s Jasper Clayton, Spirfire, and Raven Silverwing were able to easily dominate Geoffrey Allen, Winston Windsor, and Zanarkand Abes easily. Game number two was PUBG in which the Texas Renegade’s Allen and Windsor were able to wipe out the Wolfpack players with ease. The final event was a good ole’ game of Rocket League. The game went to overtime in which Spitfire went bar down on Abes. ezpz.

Then everyone won a millllllllion buckaroos.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen