Create Account

S39 Championship Week

Task 1

Challenge Cup, all the eyes are on you, watching every little thing you do. Well maybe everyone except me. I get to sit on the bench and open the bench doors. Wonder if there has been a highlight of that? But if you think for one moment that the backup goalie is just chilling and isn't feeling nervous on the bench than you are completely wrong. Even though I am not on the ice I felt extremely nervous throughout the whole series. Watching my man Timo Haas doing his thing in net I could only watch in awe. I could see some of my teammates feeling nervous too. I tried to joke around and make them a bit more comfortable in the game. You might even have seen me dance a little on the bench during the TV timeouts. But man before those games the butterflies were definitely flying in my stomach. Even know I knew the chances of me going into the game were pretty slim I was ready if the coach ever gave me a nod.

Task 2
Mathias Holmberg has been in the way...well in a good way. He has 29 shot blocks in 15 games and that's almost two blocks per game. This guy even when he is not putting up points there are a lot of things he does that fly under the radar and should be considered for unsung hero. He clearly makes it very difficult for teams to get into good shooting positions and try to for a scoring chance. He is also one of the main players to play for Minnesota's Penalty Kill as he has the second highest PK minutes with 32. The coaches trust him and are eager for him to shut down the oppositions top line. Its extremely tough for a player to beat Holmberg cleanly as he is such a good defenseman. His offense does also help Minnesota out as he does have 10 points in the playoffs. And he was one of the main reasons why they would go and win the Cup.

Task 6
With LA and Minnesota duking it out in the Finals we have to look for some surprise players that always seem to show up around this time. For LA I think Jaxson Reynolds is going to be a guy that will step up for the Panthers. Hes been sorta quite this playoffs but I think he will fill a huge role in these Finals. He doesn't get a ton of minutes per game but he makes them count. Minnesota will have to watch him carefully to make sure they don't get burned by him. On the other side I think a guy like Pedro Sarantez can be a sneaky guy that starts to get hot here. Both teams will look to get their player to start racking up points for their team. With these depth players, either team will look to win the championship. In the end you can't rely on your top 6 and the longer the playoffs go, you have to lean on the bottom 6. But looking at the super stars I think Lord Petty Flacko will win the MVP.

Task 4
Sent as a PM.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Task 1

So, this offseason started a little earlier than Konig would have liked. He is a really competitive guy and needed some sort of competition to liven up his life. This is where Robert Phelps and Connor Blackwell come into the scene. Blackwell and Phelps introduced Konig PUBG. Now, Konig has his competitive spirit filled, so to speak. Even though PUBG is a shit video game, Konig enjoys playing some battle royal with his buds. Phelps and Blackwell even helped Konig build a gaming rig! There are some other games he has been playing as well. Those include Just Cause 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tabletop Simulator, and Rocket League. Konig is actually trash at Rocket League. Though. Among other things, Konig has been doing some traveling as well and has spent a few weeks at home in Germany hanging out with his dad, who recently was named the head GM of PGF. Konig has also been spending some time in China and Japan.

Task 2

Even though it is his last season in the league, I felt that Timo Haas was overlooked by a lot of people. He had a stellar final run in the playoffs leading up to this point. He has posted a 0.917 save percentage and on average, allowed 2.57 goals per game. Haas has been the backbone for the Panthers this season to capstone a, some might say, less than amazing career. Haas has also been a remarkable member of Team Germany leading them to several medals.

Even though Timo Haas was second to only to Minnesota's goaltenders, I am sure his performance was not good enough for himself. Haas was always hard on himself and he always tried to be the best at his position.

Even though Haas never won the illustrious Challenge cup, he will be marked as one of the best goaltenders to play in the league.

Task 4
Maximilian Wachter
Sterling Slaughter
Chester Cunningham
Alonzo Garbanzo

Task 8

[Image: s39_st_louis.jpg]

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Task One:
As soon as the Hamilton Steelhawks were eliminated from the S39 SHL playoff, one man has been seen missing, Zander Rhys. He was nowhere to be found. When we asked his teammates about him, they vaguely remember him yelling “Until next season fellas!”.

Until recently, he was found passed out in one of the bar in Berlin, Germany. Couple of slaps later, he woke up and agreed for a short discussion. Apparently, he flew back to Germany as soon as his season was over due to lack of quality beers in Hamilton. Rhys pretty much spent his entire offseason so far bar crawling.

Something interesting he mentioned is that none of his teammates answered his calls to join him. He was particularly vocal about one player in, Lyndis Vakarian, whom he thought had “tight” bond with. When asked about what was his plan for the remainder of his offseason, he mentioned something about “No booze, no loot, no fun”.

Task Four
Pmed

Task Seven:
[Image: 6rAphOT.jpg]

TASK ONE: If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.
Kristian Eriksson, despite a season which saw him post a career high 63 points and win the Jay McDonald Trophy, was once again not a part of the playoffs as his Toronto North Stars continue to rebuild.
To start off his off-season, Eriksson got some much needed rest and relaxation, heading to Los Angeles to spend a couple weeks on the beach. While there, Eriksson got the chance to catch some of the Challenge Cup Playoffs in person. He also got the opportunity to catch up with old friends in Chester Cunningham and Valterri Bottas, whose Panthers ultimately lost in the Finals. After that, he headed back to Toronto meeting up with his good friend and linemate Chris York, who was recovering from a major back operation after carrying the North Stars for all of S39. Then it was back to the grind for Eriksson. At his advanced age, he can’t afford to spend any more time off the ice

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
My choice for unsung hero of the S39 SHL playoffs is Maximilian Wachter of the Los Angeles Panthers. Wachter, a prototypical power forward, is one of the most underrated players in the league, and he has continued his stellar play in the post season. His physical play is excellent as always with 48 hits, and he has also contribute on offense with 14 points. He leads the league in shots, and with his relatively low shooting percentage, it can be argued that he's been unlucky not to put up even more points. Wachter isn't just a physical and offensive force though, he's also one of the best defensive forwards in the league. His nine shot blocks is tops in the league among forwards, and he plays a big part of LA's PK as well. Wachter's all-around game is tailor made for the playoffs, and the Panthers likely don't make the finals, or even the playoffs, without Wachter's excellent play

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines.
PM Sent

TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.
Timo Haas has long been the engine of the Los Angeles Panthers. When he's on his game, the Panthers are one of the toughest teams in the SHL. In recent seasons, Haas, and consequently the rest of his team, have struggled, but in what will be Haas's final season, he has turned in an MVP worthy performance during the regular season and the first two rounds of the playoffs. That will need to continue if LA is to have any chance at winning the Challenge Cup.
For Minnesota, the veteran Alonzo Garbanzo, probably the greatest defenseman in SHL history, will be doing everything he can to win his first Challenge Cup. From top to bottom, Minnesota has a very strong roster, but if there is a weakness, it is likely their defense. Garbanzo, despite his advanced age, is still their number one guy, and he will once again eat up big minutes in the Finals.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

TASK ONE: There are two options for this task.

If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Max Weber disappeared into quiet contemplation for many days, meditating his way through the pain of coming up short in the playoffs. It's hard to miss out on the finals once you taste victory, and this season was no different. Eventually, Max called his teammates and got a few things on the calendar. He drank lots of tasty, life-giving beer with Karl Hefeweizen. He went to Zumba with Artom Zhumbayev. He went to Amsterdam with Luke Fleming. Spending time with his teammates made him feel better about things, but alas, his thoughts often returned to hockey. Perhaps there will be time to relax when his career is over. It's not the easiest thing in the world for somebody who's lived and breathed hockey since he was 18 to just turn it off. Inevitably, a competitor wants to compete, and Max is certainly a competitor. Someday, he will be content to walk away from the game, and simply recount fond memories of his SHL career. In the meantime, it's back to training. There's always another season.
Code:
175 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Jaxson Reynolds sure had a nice playoffs for a guy who's fairly forgotten in this league by now. While his team, the Los Angeles Panthers came up short, he provided a nice source of scoring for the Panthers and played a very, very clean game. In sixteen games, Reynolds had six goals and seven assists, for a total of thirteen points. He generated a lot of looks on net, with 60 shots- converting at a solid clip of 10%. Reynolds doesn't play a very physical game, with just eight hits, but he avoided taking too many checks, and most importantly, stayed out of the penalty box entirely. Reynolds was sixth on the team in scoring, and twelfth overall in the entire playoffs, despite playing under 19 minutes per game. That's the fewest minutes played per game among the top 20 scorers. Reynolds isn't the household name he used to be around this league, but he had himself a throwback stretch of games.
Code:
162 words

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM'd you pris Smile

TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

Guess I should have done this ahead of time. I think ahead of time I would've chosen Timo Haas for the Los Angeles Panthers as my prediction to win series MVP. He's been critical to the Panthers' success all season. A good goaltender can make or break a playoff run. The other player I would have chosen would have been Jean-Luc Reflieux, the team's best forward. Big players step up in big games, and there are no bigger games than the Challenge Cup Finals. On Minnesota's side, Terrance Nova has been on fire for his team all postseason. I would have considered him a great prediction for finals MVP. Honestly, though, the Chiefs as a team shot very well this postseason. Any of their stronger forwards would have been a reasonable prediction for Finals MVP. Perhaps Jonathan Lundberg, as an alternative choice to Nova. His two-way game is invaluable in contests between highly talented squads.
Code:
155 words

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

If not: How has your player kicked off their off season? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s off season. Must include at least one other player.

So this is the first time in Carter Manning's career where he's not competing in the Four Star Cup Championship. So it's an extra long off season, even if it is only another week or so longer. But so far, Carter Manning has gotten away from hockey, going back home to the farm. The short time off has allowed him to clear his mind and to begin his off season training. This off season he's focusing on his strength and skating speed. There may not be any gains that are shown next season, but this is long term training. Eventually, when he hits the big leagues, Manning will have the legs to keep up with the big boys. There's also a lot of turmoil and overturn in the PGF team right now, so Manning wanted to escape and train on his own. While his time in PGF has been nothing but great, who knows what the future holds and it's important to continue to improve despite the turnover.

171 Words

I was going to write about Joakim Lindqvist as the unsung hero, but he had such a dominant playoffs that he will likely get a ton of MVP vote for the Scarecrows. His teammate on the other hand, won't likely get much attention. Paddy O'Sullivan was third among forwards in minutes per game so he was logging a ton of minutes. He also managed to stay out of the box for the entire playoffs, but he managed to only put up 8 points in 13 games so he likely flew under the radar. 8 points is nothing to laugh at, but he was overshadowed in terms of point production. But anytime a forward can log over 20 minutes per game and stay out of the box for over 260 minutes of ice time, that's pretty impressive. He also finished a +4 for the playoffs so it seems like he was a plus player every time he was on the ice.

160 Words

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent in PMs

For the Whalers, I think it's an easy choice to choose Gabriel Wong. He's a stud offensively and to win games, you have to score goals. It's actually a pretty easy game if you just score more. And so far Wong has carried the Whalers and he has to continue to do so if they hope to win because the Scarecrows are a great shut down team. Which brings me to my second player. The Scarecrows probably won't light up the Whalers. They will play sound hockey all the way through. They'll win 3-1, 4-2 and so on. They won't have a guy like Wong that puts up over 1.2 points per game in the playoffs. My MVP for the Scarecrows is going to be Joakim Lindqvist. He's the scoring center for the top line, but he's also the most responsible two-way player in the game right now. He's winning more than 58% of his face-off in the playoffs, logging more than 20 minutes per game, and he's leading the Scarecrows in scoring. This is what the Scarecrows win with and I think they'll be able to silence Wong.

Code:

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

Tommy Tuck has had a very interesting offseason. After being bounced out of the SMJHL playoffs in round 2, game 7 against Saint Louis, Tommy decided to fly home to Norway. He ended up meeting up with Tor Tuck and their half-brother Gilmore Tuttle to try to make the most of an off season. Gilmore was entering the upcoming SHL draft, so Tor and Tommy decided to help him work on his game a little bit and pull some pranks on him. They had Gilmore meet them early at the arena, but instead of being out there they filled the ice with fish that Gilmore had to clean up. Besides that, Tor, Tommy and Gilmore had just been traveling around Norway and just getting themselves into the right mental state for the upcoming IIHF tournament and the SHL regular season. There really feels like there is no time off between all of the things these brothers are into.

(158 Words)

Code:

My unsung hero for the SMJHL playoffs up to this point would have to be none other than Paddy Kane-Rielly. Always being a vocal leader, as well as the Captain in Prince George, this man was on a mission. In twelve games, he led the team in scoring with 7. The leading scorer in 15 games had 8 goals. Paddy Kane-Rielly did everything in his power to try to will Prince George to another championship. Even with all his goals scored, he took an incredible amount of hits, where he took 29 hits in 12 games. Besides those numbers, he was also one of the top shot percentage players shooting 23.33% on his shots. Paddy Kane-Rielly has been a monster throughout the playoffs and he is one of the biggest reasons that Prince George got back into the playoffs and pushed Saint Louis to a game 7. Without him, Prince George could have likely been sitting at home.

(158 words)

Code:

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo

Sent

Code:

My finals series MVPs would have to be none other than either Olli O’Koivu or from the Minnesota Chiefs, or Timo Haas from the Los Angeles Panthers. Both teams have big name players on both sides, so normally goalies get kind of left in the back, because you always want to hear about the guy making the game winning goal. Instead, to me at least, I want to hear about the guy who made the incredible save to help force the game into overtime, or who stood on his head for the whole third period after being barraged with shots left and right. So, Timo Haas and Olli O’Koivu who are both goalies I look up to and look through their builds are players that are unsung and should be mentioned in the MVP for the Finals. It doesn’t matter if you have great wingers, a great center, or great defensemen, your team’s heart and blood will always be the goalie.

(161 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Task 1
For Harrak, the offseason has been short-term relaxing, but it was back to the gym and practice soon after. Behind on the rest of his draft class in terms of production, Nour has been hard at work trying to improve on his play in time to make a serious impact come S40, looking to really explode this season and prove himself on a roster that’s stacked from top to bottom. Harrak has been hitting the gym hard with fellow S35 draftees and self proclaimed brother Dwayne Wyder and Oliver Konig. However, when he’s not working hard towards next season, he’s hanging out with other friends like Clint Eastwood or Teddy Cuddles, or going on cruises with his wife Pietra Volkova. All in all, he’s looking forward to a fun offseason, but can’t wait to get started on the upcoming season and really make a name for himself amongst the S35 class.

Task 2
In terms of choosing an unsung hero for the SMJHL playoffs, it’s really easy to pick a player from either Vancouver or St. Louis, but I think if any player deserves the credit it’s got to be Kyler Gill of the Prince George Firebirds. Prince George went into this season far from being one of the better SMJHL teams, especially in a year where a lot of teams were HIGHLY competitive, but that didn’t stop them from putting together a competitive, cup-defending season. In what can only be described as a miracle run, Kyler Gill lead Prince George with 12 points, helping Prince George push the eventual Four Star Cup Champs, the St. Louis Scarecrows, to 7 games. On top of a stellar performance on the ice, Kyler Gill is a great leader in the locker room as well, motivating his teammates to put on a fantastic underdog run, even if they only finished one goal short.

Task 4
Sent in PM

Task 6
This year’s SMJHL season was unbelievably competitive, from 1st to 6th place, rosters were loaded, and it made for a very intense and competitive playoffs. As it boils down to Vancouver and St. Louis, these rosters are going to be really closely pitted against one another, and players are really going to need to step up for their team to get a big lead. For St. Louis, Friedrich Schmidt will need to find more consistency on the backend behind the towering St. Louis defense. He’s performed well but his numbers remain a little bit low, which is going to have to be something for St. Louis to look into against a high-flying Vancouver team. For Vancouver, Tommy Barlow is going to have to step out of his 1 goal, 5 assist performance thus far, and really help showcase the depth that has got Vancouver this far. It’ll be crucial if Vancouver wants to make a serious dent in St. Louis’ roster, which boasts a truly phenomenal defense.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Task One - Word count 208

Following the elimination of Detroit in the first Round of the Four Star Cup I was ready to head back to Montreal for a little bit of a break before starting preparation for Season 40. But things changed quickly when I was called up to become Olli O`Koivu's back-up for the SHL Playoffs and the Chiefs. This took be side wise at first I was shocked! I packed my goalie gear and took a bus to Minnesota as soon as can in order to be with the team as quickly as I can. From there my level of preparation was just the same as I did with Detroit. Gym sessions, practices on the ice and lots of videos on our opponents were on the menu. I knew I probably would not have any ice time while in Minnesota but the truth is it didn't bother me at all! I was glad to be part a team that could contend for Cup glory. A few days prior to the Finals I was nervous, but I felt ready. The guys in the locker room and management were confident we would be able to make it all the way and it was all I needed to feel just as confident myself.

Task Four

PM sent on Monday March 12th

Task Six - 181 words

I am taking a different spin in terms of naming the MVP's and I will base myself first off how many Stars players on both teams had and then look at their stats. On the Panthers' side the MVP award, with eight goals and that many assists with only 2 penalty minutes but 22 hits during the playoffs is Nicholas Winter! Yes, Jean-Luc Reflieux had 2 more points but Winter had a bigger impact and thus more 'Star Power' so to speak. On the Champions' side three individuals were on equal footing with 2 Stars each during the 6 games played. Halfdan Thorstein is my choice for MVP on the Chiefs' side he who assisted on the game winning goal scored by Lord Pretty Flacko in the 5-2 win and have two game winning goals to his name in the Finals also. This goes to show that one does not need to have the most points (Halfan had 5 goals and 5 assists along with no penalty minutes and a single hit) in order to make a difference in the Playoffs.

Task Seven

[Image: taskse10.jpg]

Task Eight

[Image: taskei10.jpg]

Shl - = - Falcons - = - Patriotes - = - Canada - = - Shl
[Image: eqsu1WN.png]

TASK 1!
So after the Edmonton Blizzards were beaten in their first round of playoffs it was not like we were sad, we were actually really pumped about the fact that we did make playoffs after a while. So me and my line mate Cory Knouse decided to go to Vegas. Change our little freezing environment for something better and warmer. Although I must say ladies in Edmonton are much prettier, you just cannot explain how cute they are and how you want to warm them up, wrap them in your hands and just make them happy. Anyhow, yeh, we went to Vegas for the weekend after the loss in playoffs to celebrate our success, because indeed, we think it was success and you know how it goes - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

CODE

CODE

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Task 2
My pick for the unsung hero in these playoffs would have to be Joakim Lindqvist. Lindqvist has always been a strong second line center. Great defensively, good in the faceoff circle, good offensively. Up until this point through the regular season, however, Lindqvist is not a big name. He only put up 28 points through 50 games, so he's not seen as the biggest threat on the ice by the opposing teams. In these two series, though, he put up 11 points in 13 games! He had an impressive 20% shot percentage and a stellar 58.70% FO%! This was an excellent way to close out his last season playing professional hockey as Lindqvist is stepping out of the spotlight to focus on his personal life. I'm excited he got to win a cup in his last season and I know that's something he'll cherish. I know we will all miss him.
Task 3
[Image: AyelCjK.jpg]
Task 4 Messaged Pris

Task 8
[Image: 5s8rjFB.jpg]

Jon Tellofsen is calm as he laces up his skates, preparing for game 1 of the Four Star Cup Finals. He wants to treat this game like any other - he has to if he wants to perform well on the ice. He still remembers last year, the excitement, and ultimately the disappointment, losing the second round series to the Detroit Falcons. The Crows had an excellent start to the playoffs that year, sweeping the Vancouver Whalers and looking like one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs, despite only finishing 4th in the league. Now that they topped the table this year, there was a bye round before they would taste any playoff action. A better regular season, however, only meant even higher expectations for a city that has been waiting for another Four Star Cup since S29. Jon knows he has to take everything as it comes, one game at a time. Now is certainly not the time to get complacent - last year’s playoffs ended far too quickly for Jon to want to experience that again. And now that the Scarecrows have made the finals? All the more crushing if they come back empty handed.

After a rockier start to the regular season than what he is used to, Minnesota Chiefs goaltender Olli O’Koivu closed out the season with a .912 save percentage. While it may be odd to consider a team’s starting goaltender as an unsung hero for the playoffs so far, O’Koivu’s tamer season start led to many sleeping on the world-class netminder. Now, in the playoffs, his save percentage has ticked up a good margin, currently at .919, and he has been coming up with the clutch saves the Minnesota Chiefs have needed to keep them so dominant these playoffs. While there have been many solid contributors to Minnesota’s success, especially their well-rounded and explosive offence combined with a healthy and stingy defense, Olli O’Koivu’s excellent and consistent performance has largely gone under the radar, making him an excellent choice for the unsung hero of the playoffs.

TASK 4: Messaged Pris

From the Los Angeles Panthers, the standout choice for a postseason surprise is Danny Foster. In prediction threads, you were considered either a gambler or half-mad if you selected anyone other than Danny Foster for goon of the year. This postseason, his point totals have swelled impressively, while keeping his penalty minutes to a more consistent and less goon-ish total. Staying out of the box will be important for Foster, and the Panthers, in the upcoming final

On the other side of things, from the Minnesota Chiefs, Jonathan Lundberg entered the post-season with just over 200 regular-season hits this year. Lundberg also racked up an impressive amount of points, just shy of 40, one of the frontrunner of the Chief’s dynamic and potent offence. He’ll need to crash every crease and wear down the opposition like he has all season and postseason up to this point for Minnesota to continue their winning ways.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Task one

Dionyz Vyskoc suffered from an early off-season with West Kendall's outing this playoffs, but he's made the most of his free-time thus far. Following the Platoon's elimination, and some traditional see-you-next season activities such as partying, Dio went home to see family (including ex-SHLer and father, Marek Vyskoc) and friends, and even started a celebrity game-schedule as he toured with his old team and teammates from HC Slavia Praha. Once Dio heard of Prince George's run in the SMJHL playoffs, he had to go and watcha and chear on his old team who's stars were still leftover from the great drought-ended that was last year. Unfourtunately, they did not last, but Dio went to their locker-room after the game to help console the team. Following this, Vyskoc decided to stay in Prince George and pick-up where he left-off in Czechoslovakia and toured around making appearance and participating in games, even in the annual Battle of BC Alumni tournament. At his busiest, Dio had a game schedule similar in intensity to the regular season of the SHL. Now that the SHL draft has occured, however, training camp and practices are starting up once again, Dio flew back to Florida, his new home, to prepare for the coming season.

Will Dionyz manage to breakout in his sophomore season? Only time will tell.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Code:
TASK ONE:

Chippy Chiclets had a disappointing out in this years Challenge Cup playoffs. Edmonton was predicted to turn a corner after a lengthy rebuild this season, but some offseason acquisitions skyrocketed their potential and Chippy was laser focused on reaching their ceiling. However, Chippy had a rough go of it, barely touching the scoreboard and struggling in the biggest games so far of his career. After the exit, Chippy devoted himself back to the gym. According to the sophomore defenseman, there are no off days. So he decided to hit the gym for workouts and develop his strength, a major weakness to his game. His goal is to shore up his game, and to become a defensive powerhouse for the Edmonton Blizzard next year. Additionally, he took some time for himself, grabbing a great dinner with his lady friend and celebrating the steps to success he took this year with his family in tow.

Code:
153 words

Code:

I believe that the unsung hero of this years Challenge Cup Playoffs is Sophia Bennett of the Los Angeles Panthers. Bennett might be a little too high profile to be an unsung hero, but I still believe that she gets overshadowed unfairly on her team and that her contributions really pushed Los Angeles' team forward this season. In the playoffs, Sophia Bennett put up 8 goals and 7 assists for 15 points in 16 games. This type of point production was necessary for Los Angeles to keep their offense on track. Bennett peppered shots on goal, keeping opposing goaltenders on their toes. She had a whopping 73 shots these playoffs. Additionally, Bennett was responsible defensively, posting a +7 rating. I believe that Sophia Bennett's play was a driving force behind Los Angeles' playoff run this year. Without Sophia Bennett on the offense for the Panthers, they likely would not have seen the same success that they saw this season and these playoffs.

Code:
162 words

Code:

PM Sent

Code:

I believe that the Los Angeles Panthers need Matthew Leetch to have a strong finals to lift the cup at the end of the series. Leetch has been very responsible defensively, posting a +7 rating. However, his contributions to the offense, including 13 assists, have been the difference maker for Los Angeles in their prior bouts these playoffs. Leetch will need to find that balance between offense and defense, because on defense he really is the foundation of a strong corps, while on offense his transition game is necessary to reduce the burden on their strong forwards. I don't think that Los Angeles will have any issues scoring goals, but they need a strong defense in order to topple Minnesota and take the Challenge Cup.

Terrance Nova needs to continue his dominance for Minnesota to have a strong chance to lift the Challenge Cup. Nova has 19 points in 15 games and an extraordinary shooting percentage higher than 16%. Additionally, Nova has displayed discipline by avoiding the penalty box during the entire playoff run. Nova needs to continue his powerplay dominance and responsible play to lead Minnesota to the win this postseason.

Code:
192 words