Create Account

PT Affiliation

I don't have a strong opinion on this one way or the other. I'm not in the other two leagues at the moment. But it's fascinating to go to the announcement of this news on those sites and see people genuinely excited to either give us a shot or return to activity here, knowing they'll see this thread and a not-small section of the user base is up in arms over it. Never change, guys.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-21-2018, 01:57 AMNUCK Wrote: I have an alternative idea.

How about a loyalty bonus kinda like AC's. 1 point per league your active in.

The reason I hate this idea is that actually gives an advantage to people in other leagues. Under this current plan no one gets more TPE. Under your plan you still have to PTs, sure, but you get extra free easy TPE. I would just join more leagues to get extra AC TPE.

Didn't read the thread, but PT's never generate conversation (other than sunday funday), so I don't really see any harm. More positive than negative in my mind.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Instead of working on their own product and seeing if there is something they could do better/differently on how users build their players, how the update scale works, are the PT´s interesting or challenging enough, is the TPE handed out too much etc etc, SHL opened the door to other leagues to come in and water down everything. With this ´improvement´, less people will do the actual PT´s here, which is worrying since you can have a solid career without writing media or having a job - basically giving a free ticket to be a top player by teaming up with other leagues, doing the minimum now gives you a lot more than in the past - that is wrong and only benefits the other leagues. SHL drops down to their level, instead of closing the door and kicking the snakes from other leagues out of power. Whoever even suggested anything like this should be fired right away.  ´Hey I got an idea, lets help other leagues be more active... huh, what? No, we mention your name in there as well and promote it as something that will help everybody´ And you went with it.

SHL has always been the top league in my eyes, has the most users and the whole experience of coming up from juniors and making your way to big role in SHL is great, even the PT´s are decent usually and lets face it, it does not take too much of your time out of the week to do the actual PT´s here - I mean honestly. If you don´t want to do them or don´t like them, that is fine, but why the need to bring other leagues in? Are people now going to join SHL because in the past they could not find, what 1h of their week to do AC, training and the PT´s? Are people now going to write media/do graphics because they got that giant amount of time saved from not having to do PT´s?  No, this is 100% playing to the hands of PBE and NFSL who got nothing to lose by teaming up with a league with as many users as SHL has, the fact that this is something considered worth even trying is already a big loss to SHL and again helps PBE and NFSL.

Soon SHL wont be the top league anymore, others are catching up and instead of trying to run away - SHL stops and waits for them.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: Soon SHL wont be the top league anymore, others are catching up and instead of trying to run away - SHL stops and waits for them.

And what a goddamn tragedy that would be. I seriously cannot understand this line of thinking. How dare the SHL not try to maintain its alleged monopoly atop simulation sports leagues. How dare we try something more inclusive and inviting to other sports fans and sim leaguers?

This isn't fucking Risk, y'all. This is a fun game on the internet about hockey. Shit like this makes it less fun. Stop being less fun. It's hurting y'all.

Nikolai Evans

Seriously, I'm practically pleading on hands and knees here. I'm tired of seeing friends go inactive because of the expectation that you're supposed to literally bleed and sweat over this league or you don't deserve a good player.

Nikolai Evans

08-21-2018, 09:18 AMztevans Wrote:
08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: Soon SHL wont be the top league anymore, others are catching up and instead of trying to run away - SHL stops and waits for them.

And what a goddamn tragedy that would be. I seriously cannot understand this line of thinking. How dare the SHL not try to maintain its alleged monopoly atop simulation sports leagues. How dare we try something more inclusive and inviting to other sports fans and sim leaguers?

This isn't fucking Risk, y'all. This is a fun game on the internet about hockey. Shit like this makes it less fun. Stop being less fun. It's hurting y'all.

Tragedy for SHL, not for others. What is stopping people from coming in here now? I could join NFSL if I wanted to, but I don´t want to because I know nothing about football and never plan to learn, the sport is not for me. Why do you feel the need to gather everybody from other leagues/sports into your league/sport?

Guaranteed next in line is moving all the sites into one, because why not.

08-21-2018, 09:24 AMztevans Wrote: I'm tired of seeing friends go inactive because of the expectation that you're supposed to literally bleed and sweat over this league or you don't deserve a good player.

Exactly.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-21-2018, 09:24 AMztevans Wrote: Seriously, I'm practically pleading on hands and knees here. I'm tired of seeing friends go inactive because of the expectation that you're supposed to literally bleed and sweat over this league or you don't deserve a good player.

Bleed and sweat, cmon. PT´s here are 150 words, AC and training is not much, then other small prediction etc tasks. I´m willing to bet most people have the time do them IF they wanted do them. Championship week is a big one, but still need to do was it 4 or 5 tasks to get the max points. Do all of those every week, takes roughly 1 hour, I´m amazed if you are not a elite player in the end.

Also, what about the users who can ´bleed and sweat´? Do you ever think about them when handing out medals for just turning up?

Very good point everyone

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

I dont see guys who went inactive here jumping at the chance to join 1 maybe 2 more sim leagues to still do a PT that they never did before... just doesn't make sense. As someone with no interest in joining another league I think this is a bit of a step back for us, But I'm not going to totally shoot it down until I see the results on paper. Doesn't hurt to try.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

08-21-2018, 09:37 AMTML99 Wrote: I dont see guys who went inactive here jumping at the chance to join 1 maybe 2 more sim leagues to still do a PT that they never did before... just doesn't make sense. As someone with no interest in joining another league I think this is a bit of a step back for us, But I'm not going to totally shoot it down until I see the results on paper. Doesn't hurt to try.
Very good point

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

08-21-2018, 09:18 AMztevans Wrote:

SBA >>>>>>>>>

[Image: 3.png]

I usually refrain from commenting or posting but I feel compelled to respond to this so let's start.
08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: Instead of working on their own product and seeing if there is something they could do better/differently on how users build their players, how the update scale works, are the PT´s interesting or challenging enough, is the TPE handed out too much etc etc,

Because this is clearly an opportunity cost situation right, no league could possibly ever improve it's own experience while affiliating with another right? That's just physically impossible.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: SHL opened the door to other leagues to come in and water down everything.

Elitism Counter: 1.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: With this ´improvement´, less people will do the actual PT´s here, which is worrying since you can have a solid career without writing media or having a job - basically giving a free ticket to be a top player by teaming up with other leagues, doing the minimum now gives you a lot more than in the past

Without repeating what others have said, I don't know a single person who reads other PT's nonetheless remembers their own after they've spewed it out. So let's get into it. By allowing the PT link, saying you ONLY did that throughout your career and nothing else, you would be set for 3 whole TPE a week by your logic. Ie not doing WPT's/WFT's buying equipment, writing media, AC's or weekly training and that's a free ticket to be a top player? Right.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: that is wrong and only benefits the other leagues. SHL drops down to their level, instead of closing the door and kicking the snakes from other leagues out of power.

Elitism Counter: 2.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: Whoever even suggested anything like this should be fired right away.

Ah rational thinking.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: SHL has always been the top league in my eyes,

my eyes being the key word to focus on here fellas. It's great you made this clear because otherwise reading the rest of your comment I would've never deduced that you are a fan of the high horse mentality.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: - I mean honestly. If you don´t want to do them or don´t like them, that is fine, but why the need to bring other leagues in?

I've bolded a point you mentioned about doing PT's but ironically could you not take your own advice here? If you don't want to PT link YOU don't have to. This reminds me of the adage about getting mad about the guy infront of you in Subway ordering a sub while you can only have salad because you're on a diet.

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote: Are people now going to join SHL because in the past they could not find, what 1h of their week to do AC, training and the PT´s?

Possibly but that's not what this link is for. This isn't a reddit recruitment link, the idea behind this is users that have went inactive in the past or left for greener pastures elsewhere can comeback to the SHL and be apart of the community, where elsewhere they would remain inactive. Not to count the fact that the NSFL's core audience now comes from first gen sim leaguers straight from reddit (football), an audience you otherwise wouldn't have a chance to reach out to, likewise with PBE and baseball.)

08-21-2018, 09:10 AMjRuutu Wrote:  No, this is 100% playing to the hands of PBE and NFSL who got nothing to lose by teaming up with a league with as many users as SHL has, the fact that this is something considered worth even trying is already a big loss to SHL and again helps PBE and NFSL.

Elitism Counter: 3.

I've refrained from using personal attacks in my response mainly because I don't subscribe to the ad hominem way of thinking but good lord. Kicking out the snakes? Playing into their hands, you're aware the fall from that high horse of yours has killed many more formidable right?

08-21-2018, 09:31 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-21-2018, 09:24 AMztevans Wrote: Seriously, I'm practically pleading on hands and knees here. I'm tired of seeing friends go inactive because of the expectation that you're supposed to literally bleed and sweat over this league or you don't deserve a good player.

Bleed and sweat, cmon. PT´s here are 150 words, AC and training is not much, then other small prediction etc tasks. I´m willing to bet most people have the time do them IF they wanted do them. Championship week is a big one, but still need to do was it 4 or 5 tasks to get the max points. Do all of those every week, takes roughly 1 hour, I´m amazed if you are not a elite player in the end.

Also, what about the users who can ´bleed and sweat´? Do you ever think about them when handing out medals for just turning up?

Then what are we arguing about? That those people will spend 45 minutes instead of an hour on SHL tasks?

I am aware it doesn't take that much time to build a good player. Its the mindset put off by certain users that it *should* be that I'm talking about. With contract rule changes and constant complaints about job pay, we basically use our actions to consistently say semi-actives aren't welcome here, and the actives should be more active to do what they do. That's how the SHL carries itself, and it is absurd.

Nikolai Evans