Create Account

League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension

This is the dumbest thing I have come across on this site yet and I have seen a lot of stupid shit on here.

When I joined this league the coolest thing about it was the locker room feel. How we could be men/boys on here and JOKE around and say whatever we wanted. Now everyone is a special snowflake who gets offended by other peoples words. The way that this @Wally SJW is handling this is terrible. I agree that having three HO members all on one team should not be allowed.

The league doesn't have a problem handling bad apples. Whenever someone goes out of their way to really be an asshole, they always get dealt with. If people are looking for a Safe Space forum they can check out: http://ourworldsafespace.forumotion.com/

How about all the babies who get offended by other people's words on a computer screen just get a snowflake avatar so we all know to be extra special to them.

No wonder this league has so much trouble bringing in new people, it is going downhill so fast.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

09-16-2018, 12:19 PMWally Wrote: I’m pleasantly enjoying the complaints.

I thought you said your life was empty without the SHL? Now you want it to die? Make up your mind buddy.

Despicable behavior from someone in the league office.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

We have decided to change the wording of the rule around just slightly. I think this small addition makes all the difference in the rule. While I want everyone to know that the rule still fell under a contextual rule the wording could have been better and we're correcting it.

Quote:Dependent on the context, simply using the following words in a sentence, alone, or in images sitewide (including the Thunderdome): N-----, Gay, F----t, F-g and Retard (or any other spelling or severe reference to these words), will be an automatic suspension of both you from the site and your player from the sim itself at the moment it is posted without appeal.

I hope this clears up any confusion around the posting of the rule. While it was still this way to begin with this should allow it to be more clearly conveyed.

That being said some words we feel are still not going to fly. N----r, f----t, f-g. All of these should be avoided as they have no use in this league. I understand that a few have alternate definitions but that being said those definitions have other words that can clearly define them without the use of these words. We understand that there will still be pushback on this.

It is extremely disappointing that we have to make this rule though. Other leagues don't have a need for this rule and don't have a problem with this yet here we are having to make a rule to keep people from saying this stuff. There's plenty of other words in vocabularies if you wish to have arguments with someone without having to resort to personal attacks and hate speech.

I think as a league we must continue to grow, including myself, and we will continue to make this site more inclusive for everyone involved. If you feel that us taking away a few choice slurs is restricting your ability to talk that greatly then I apologize to you now because we should all be better than that. I love this site as we all do and we have no reason to come here and get attacked for our sexual preferences, gender, race, or mental capacity. It's not about creating a safe space. We're not policing everything you say and we're not here to suppress what you want to say but there are effective ways to get your point across without using any of those words.

I hope this helps clear everything up and I'll edit the OP to reflect the new wording.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

@TheDangaZone @Wally
I definitely am concerned that there's 3 members on Calgary and no co-commish now. This is a GIANT deal banning words. Quite the ability you're granting yourselves to decide whatever you/future HO members feel like is wrong. 3 members on a team has been done, okay but still may be a very poor way of setting things up? It being done before, does not change the point that you guys may be too agreeable, especially when you say you all agree to put this trash in our rulebook. There seems to be some issues with how you guys operate I think if this got to the point you posted it.

Wally, you acting with no reserve for the potential abuse of a ban on words is sad. You acting like my problem is being able to use those words hatefully is wrong and you know it. My concern has nothing to do with me using the words you've added on here, it's an okay list of things we shouldn't say to each other. It's a bad idea to start having HO decide what words need to be banned and tracked in the rules. That and the punishment structure makes it seem like it's been normal for a large number of us to say those things. It's not the case. I really don't see the issue you guys do. To me you're very clearly over reacting to recent events/creating a way different issue. 

You won't always be in HO to make sure your rule is implemented how you want it to be, and you did a poor job setting up a powerful thing to begin with. Really this type of thing doesn't belong here i don't think. It's disappointing to hear you all feel banning words is necessary. We're really not bad just chill out, it may be hard to be told to chill out. But seriously you are crossing the line thinking anyone here should have retroactive powers on speech like this. You feeling a need to specifically design the rule book around degenerates seems out of line to me, I ask you re-consider what you are here to do. Perhaps question the rest of the group as well?

Is curtailing social norms to the current and future HO members delights your job? It's really not -it's to keep the league running smoothly! There's not even a thought of unbanning things that get added here either it seems. Come on slow down dudes, you honestly are mad with power.

Setting precedent by punishing those misbehaving as HO has done in the past is far more appealing than a system that adds new words at your/ future peoples discretion to a running list in the rules. That's not very well thought out. There's way too many offensive things to add -it's pointless, are you new to the internet? You made a game, again for dumb people to play, but this ridiculously specific language along with a routine punishment looks terrible. It will only cause really dumb events in the future I think. Already started tbh

I get that it's going after hate speech, but banning words is quite powerful.. You should be capable of striking down punishments on people without including a blacklist in our rule book. It seems trashy, reflects poorly on the users as if the vast majority need to be told not to say nasty things.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

How are people still going in here. Jesus its a simple thread about Slash getting suspension and a rule change. How is there 16 pages of shit to talk. Jesus crist. Announcment Threads are like new TD's

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

09-16-2018, 02:51 PMToeDragon84 Wrote: @TheDangaZone @Wally
I definitely am concerned that there's 3 members on Calgary and no co-commish now. This is a GIANT deal banning words. Quite the ability you're granting yourselves to decide whatever you/future HO members feel like is wrong. 3 members on a team has been done, okay but still may be a very poor way of setting things up? It being done before, does not change the point that you guys may be too agreeable, especially when you say you all agree to put this trash in our rulebook. There seems to be some issues with how you guys operate I think if this got to the point you posted it.

Wally, you acting with no reserve for the potential abuse of a ban on words is sad. You acting like my problem is being able to use those words hatefully is wrong and you know it. My concern has nothing to do with me using the words you've added on here, it's an okay list of things we shouldn't say to each other. It's a bad idea to start having HO decide what words need to be banned and tracked in the rules. That and the punishment structure makes it seem like it's been normal for a large number of us to say those things. It's not the case. I really don't see the issue you guys do. To me you're very clearly over reacting to recent events/creating a way different issue. 

You won't always be in HO to make sure your rule is implemented how you want it to be, and you did a poor job setting up a powerful thing to begin with. Really this type of thing doesn't belong here i don't think. It's disappointing to hear you all feel banning words is necessary. We're really not bad just chill out, it may be hard to be told to chill out. But seriously you are crossing the line thinking anyone here should have retroactive powers on speech like this. You feeling a need to specifically design the rule book around degenerates seems out of line to me, I ask you re-consider what you are here to do. Perhaps question the rest of the group as well?

Is curtailing social norms to the current and future HO members delights your job? It's really not -it's to keep the league running smoothly! There's not even a thought of unbanning things that get added here either it seems. Come on slow down dudes, you honestly are mad with power.

Setting precedent by punishing those misbehaving as HO has done in the past is far more appealing than a system that adds new words at your/ future peoples discretion to a running list in the rules. That's not very well thought out. There's way too many offensive things to add -it's pointless, are you new to the internet? You made a game, again for dumb people to play, but this ridiculously specific language along with a routine punishment looks terrible. It will only cause really dumb events in the future I think. Already started tbh

I get that it's going after hate speech, but banning words is quite powerful.. You should be capable of striking down punishments on people without including a blacklist in our rule book. It seems trashy, reflects poorly on the users as if the vast majority need to be told not to say nasty things.

well put, toe

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

09-16-2018, 12:32 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:30 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:28 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:04 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: I mean to sum it up, this is kind of how I think a lot of people feel:

I totally agree with the HO sentiment of wanting the SHL to be a more inviting place. We should be kinder to our fellow members, and to people of minorities. However, the HO has kind of cocked this up since that thought. There has been a severe lack of good communication, a lack of understanding of why the ruling is too far, and an inability to adapt to their mistake. The old rule encompasses attacks on other members, people, and hate speech. What should have happened, is that they should have made that rule more severe so there was more incentive not to be terrible to people or say shitty things and words that are meant to offend and hurt.

Instead HO tried to ban certain words, feels very authoritarian, and destroys context specific situations. I believe this could be handled way better by HO, and the rule should have remained as it was, with new provisions added. The biggest issue people have is with that ONE specific section that bans words, especially the word "gay".

HO needs to re-word and re-do this new rule. They need to make it more context specific, while creating a stricter context on the words. But don't ban them outright, and don't make the rule that fuzzy in what you mean. Simply tighten up the ruling and try to make the forum a better place. All you've done is make this way worse than simply one thread about Slash, because you've brought power to this conversation. Just fucked up by HO from step #1

We have been discussing this very thing since introducing the rule. I do apologize that we have not come out quicker with saying something on it but we have been talking about it I promise. Yes we probably could have waited to make sure things were worded more clearly and properly but we felt it would be better to get something out quickly with how out of hand that TD and others had gotten on the site. We felt it was in best to get something out asap in hopes of cutting down on what was happening over the past time frame. I can ensure you though that we should have something out today. Also as was stated before it all falls under the personal attack ruling. So there is a context specific situations just the wording probably could have been better. We will get this fixed today and I will personally make a post on it in the next few hours to make sure everything is more clear. Sorry for the mistake
I think this rule needs to wait until there are not 3 HO members on Calgary and the Co-commish position is filled.

Not one single person complained when there was 3 HO members on Hamilton with Formx, Teddy, and Crutch. The HO still worked fine then as it does now. I'm sorry that you feel it creates a conflict of interest between each other but I guarantee we still argue about many things inside HO when coming to decisions. This one was unanimous though with the people in there at the time. Even the owners. So I doubt having someone else in there would make much of a difference.

Nobody complained because they didn’t come out with crock of shit rulings and rules

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

09-16-2018, 03:48 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:32 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:30 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:28 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:04 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: I mean to sum it up, this is kind of how I think a lot of people feel:

I totally agree with the HO sentiment of wanting the SHL to be a more inviting place. We should be kinder to our fellow members, and to people of minorities. However, the HO has kind of cocked this up since that thought. There has been a severe lack of good communication, a lack of understanding of why the ruling is too far, and an inability to adapt to their mistake. The old rule encompasses attacks on other members, people, and hate speech. What should have happened, is that they should have made that rule more severe so there was more incentive not to be terrible to people or say shitty things and words that are meant to offend and hurt.

Instead HO tried to ban certain words, feels very authoritarian, and destroys context specific situations. I believe this could be handled way better by HO, and the rule should have remained as it was, with new provisions added. The biggest issue people have is with that ONE specific section that bans words, especially the word "gay".

HO needs to re-word and re-do this new rule. They need to make it more context specific, while creating a stricter context on the words. But don't ban them outright, and don't make the rule that fuzzy in what you mean. Simply tighten up the ruling and try to make the forum a better place. All you've done is make this way worse than simply one thread about Slash, because you've brought power to this conversation. Just fucked up by HO from step #1

We have been discussing this very thing since introducing the rule. I do apologize that we have not come out quicker with saying something on it but we have been talking about it I promise. Yes we probably could have waited to make sure things were worded more clearly and properly but we felt it would be better to get something out quickly with how out of hand that TD and others had gotten on the site. We felt it was in best to get something out asap in hopes of cutting down on what was happening over the past time frame. I can ensure you though that we should have something out today. Also as was stated before it all falls under the personal attack ruling. So there is a context specific situations just the wording probably could have been better. We will get this fixed today and I will personally make a post on it in the next few hours to make sure everything is more clear. Sorry for the mistake
I think this rule needs to wait until there are not 3 HO members on Calgary and the Co-commish position is filled.

Not one single person complained when there was 3 HO members on Hamilton with Formx, Teddy, and Crutch. The HO still worked fine then as it does now. I'm sorry that you feel it creates a conflict of interest between each other but I guarantee we still argue about many things inside HO when coming to decisions. This one was unanimous though with the people in there at the time. Even the owners. So I doubt having someone else in there would make much of a difference.

Nobody complained because they didn’t come out with crock of shit rulings and rules
BUF players 100% complained when kit got hit with that immediate game suspension which was later appealed.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

@Tomen

I do not recall this, when was this?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 04:53 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

09-16-2018, 01:58 PMMack Wrote: This is the dumbest thing I have come across on this site yet and I have seen a lot of stupid shit on here.

When I joined this league the coolest thing about it was the locker room feel. How we could be men/boys on here and JOKE around and say whatever we wanted. Now everyone is a special snowflake who gets offended by other peoples words. The way that this @Wally SJW is handling this is terrible. I agree that having three HO members all on one team should not be allowed.

The league doesn't have a problem handling bad apples. Whenever someone goes out of their way to really be an asshole, they always get dealt with. If people are looking for a Safe Space forum they can check out: http://ourworldsafespace.forumotion.com/

How about all the babies who get offended by other people's words on a computer screen just get a snowflake avatar so we all know to be extra special to them.

No wonder this league has so much trouble bringing in new people, it is going downhill so fast.

Damn, almost had bingo!

[Image: 777.jpg]

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I like how the crybaby that got caught cheating is now in HO and acting high and mighty.

09-16-2018, 04:53 PMLunaro Wrote: I like how the crybaby that got caught cheating is now in HO and acting high and mighty.

Add this to the bingo board haha

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

So wait, is it okay you use cracker to refer to white people? As a white person, that’s quite racist, but I don’t see it on the list of banned words

PatriotesUsaWhalers

Jesus fucking Christ how are you all still arguing this BS. This is a rule that really shouldn't be needed and really should not affect most people. Why was no one complaining about HO having 3 members on one team before this, that's not new guys... And the people saying Wally isn't qualified to be in HO.. well that's complete rubbish, if Wally isn't then just about no one is.
And to the people complaining about Wally making this rule.. you really fucking think this is all him and the rest of HO and the owners didn't have a say...

Grow up and think before you say shit people.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

09-16-2018, 05:57 PMNobody Wrote: Jesus fucking Christ how are you all still arguing this BS. This is a rule that really shouldn't be needed and really should not affect  most people. Why was no one complaining about HO having 3 members on one team before this, that's not new guys... And the people saying Wally isn't qualified to be in HO.. well that's complete rubbish, if Wally isn't then just about no one is.
And to the people complaining about Wally making this rule.. you really fucking think this is all him and the rest of HO and the owners didn't have a say...

Grow up and think before you say shit people.

Dangerous way of thinking to just say grow up instead of holding our rule book to a better standard than this. Just cause you agree with the words now does not mean you will agree with things added by future HO members.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]