Create Account

S44 1st Round Mock Top 7
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 08:34 PM by King.)

The SMJHL season is half way over and SHL teams are cranking up there scouting for the draft. With that in mind here's a look at the top prospects going into S44 and how I see the draft going down just in terms of best player available at each pick, since I don't really know each teams needs that well.

I exclude JP, Tweedledunn and Baelor Swift since they'll be auto drafted.

HM: to @Mack @Inf1d3l @DollarAndADream @StamkosFan @wumaduce @Coops and @"Andybj" was honestly a toss up which of you guys to include in it.

Was honestly super hard to distinguish between the names. After the 1st pick, picks 2-14 could go in any combination of ways.

First round

01. Blizzard (via Rage)

Rainbow Dash - @Eggy216

The first overall pick has sort of been a given since Eggy declared for the draft. Eggy's bank account is far and above anyone else's, still over 200 million, stupidly high, a number that likely no other player will ever touch. TPE wise he's not number one, but he hasn't missed any PT yet, just started a little bit later than the others. Eggy has spent a lot of time testing his new build, and looks to be a future top line goal scorer.  With Eggy there's no question here, he's the known commodity which makes him safe and also has the high end potential. If his last player is any sign, he'll likely be committed to the team that drafts him for life and be a staple on the first line for 20 seasons. Edmonton may be in the position where they could walk out of this season with winning the cup and getting the first overall pick. Edmonton already has the loaded defence, this helps it up front.

02. pride

Tauras Karazija - @ontanis

I have some bias here I think, but I think Ontanis is a great pick at second overall, and a player who would of contended for a top pick even in last years super stacked draft. Ontanis has a great forum presence, likeable and active. Ontanis has nearly 30 million in the bank, which covers him for equipment and training, his TPE is only 2 below the leader, and besides a worse mock draft than some others, he's been stellar on the PTs as well. Ontanis is also fairly regularly on the discord, which is something young teams love to have. Ontanis has experience building a defensemen, and his scoring, puckhandling and defence build will make him very successful in putting up points. Also the fit here is great, the Pride have a loaded forward group and need to build up the blue line to match.

03. Wolfpack

Bernard Freeman - @Allen

The team who just fell short in last years finals now is looking at a top three pick. Allen is a throwback player from S25 who had a great career, he's also a former GM and has two cups to his name. His new player Freeman looks to be a solid two-way winger. His bank would be the biggest in any draft class that doesn't have Eggy (at 60 million) and he's been consistent with all PT and updates. He's another safe pick, and a lock for being an absolute stud.

04. Stars

Xena - @Nickleback_lover69

The most attractive player in the draft irl by far, and that alone has her at number four on the list. For a first gen Xena has an impressive bank account at 10 million. Mainly from her massive first article which racked in 12 million. Xena also leads the SMJHL rookie class with 241 TPE. Xena started as soon as possible and has been building steadily, having not missed any. Xena currently seems like the top Centre from this draft, the only thing to hold against her is that she's an unknown commodity, but Xena should be the first first gen player taken. The stars have a high octane young offence and Xena will add another weapon to that arsenal with Xena.

05. Platoon

Shaquille Derisraka - @Kevin Juice Bieksa

Another way back play back. His first player, Patrikov Bure is an S24, who was part of the core that would three cups in four years between S30-33. Shaq has over 35 million in the bank now and is another guy who will be a safe pick for any team taking him. The Platoon have a group of veterans
SHL users so Bieksa should fit in real well with the LR.

06. Wolfpack (via Riot)

Brock Nuck - @NUCK

This draft is obviously a recreate heavy draft, and the trend continues with Brock Nuck. Nuck has a long history of success in the SHL, he's won the MVP, and has five cups to his name. It's weird to have a player like Nuck in the draft and not have him go top 2, and honestly he easily could. Splitting between 2-6 was very hard, but Nuck will be a huge addition to the Wolf Pack if they can grab him at 6. 30 million in the bank, hasn't missed any PTs and has been training regularly.

This draft is an interesting one. Not many first gens and a few long term veterans who all happen to be recreating at the same time. This makes for an incredibly top heavy draft, but one where every first round pick could easily be a rock solid player. High end second picks might have some value, but it would be a stretch to expect to get an active by the end of the second round, and the entire third round should be passes.

7. Renegades

Chuck Crutchfield - @ligma

Added in a 7th option just cause, Crutch is a solid locker room guy, he has an incredibly long history on the site and was a former co-commish. He has been earning TPE at the same pace as the other top guys and hasn't missed any PTs. The only knock on him is his weak bank account, but another guy that could end up being a top 3 pick just as easily as he could be a seventh pick.

1070 words.

EDIT: Honestly I didn't put a ton of thought into the order, just wrote up a little bit about 7 of these guys.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Sad you had to not include me :( would have been an easy 1st overall spot

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Allen in NEW would be kinda weird given the history but I might be wrong.

Even though Crutch's reputation might have taken a hit recently I think he won't fall that far.

All in all gud article!

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

09-23-2018, 08:23 PMTomen Wrote: Allen in NEW would be kinda weird given the history but I might be wrong.

Even though Crutch's reputation might have taken a hit recently I think he won't fall that far.

All in all gud article!

Thanks.

Yeah I actually know so little about these players. Someone PM'd me about the Allen and New thing.

Falcons

yo, thanks for the shoutout and some pretty words!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Glad I got tagged to not even show up in the article. Then feels, man.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 08:40 PM by NUCK.)

I refuse to play NEW, I hate tomatoes......

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

allen in new england would be legendary

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

09-23-2018, 08:37 PMwumaduce Wrote: Glad I got tagged to not even show up in the article. Then feels, man.

Ah I feel bad.

I'll do another piece later with everyone else.

Falcons

Thanks for the shoutout, everyone mentioned here, all of you are excellent candidates; as the draft approaches, I'd love to learn about the various SHL squads and my fellow draftees!

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

09-23-2018, 08:23 PMTomen Wrote: Allen in NEW would be kinda weird given the history but I might be wrong.

All in all gud article!

What u trying to say u lil bitch

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

09-23-2018, 08:56 PMligma Wrote:

All in all gud article!

What u trying to say u lil bitch

Laughing the trades and the kinda early retirement might have given your stellar reputation a slight hit. But just like I said imo you will still be a top 5 pick Wink

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

09-23-2018, 09:02 PMTomen Wrote:
09-23-2018, 08:56 PMligma Wrote: What u trying to say u lil bitch

Laughing the trades and the kinda early retirement might have given your stellar reputation a slight hit. But just like I said imo you will still be a top 5 pick Wink

ur absolutely correct

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

09-23-2018, 08:52 PMKing Wrote:
09-23-2018, 08:37 PMwumaduce Wrote: Glad I got tagged to not even show up in the article. Then feels, man.

Ah I feel bad.

Making money off your consolation choices? You're fucking ruthless. I like it.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

09-23-2018, 09:31 PMwumaduce Wrote:
09-23-2018, 08:52 PMKing Wrote: Ah I feel bad.

Making money off your consolation choices? You're fucking ruthless. I like it.

I'm a soulless monster.

Falcons