Create Account

Rush Post-Draft Reaction on SHL Tonight
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 12:44 AM by Rush.)

Quote:
UPDATE 12:30 AM ET - The Proulx Firm has confirmed that Gareth Rush initially declined a contract offer from the Colorado Raptors. The Raptors have pulled their offer. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM1JzJi1IK9WxumuKnGHl...4fJIA8qkpi]

SHL Tonight // Post-SMJHL Draft Show // October 25, 2018

Jim Cane: “Those of you just joining us missed something earlier that we haven’t seen before. Gareth Rush, the highly-touted and very outspoken prospect from Ireland, left his draft table and stormed out of the building. This game after the announcement of the 8th overall pick. Well, Gareth did eventually come back but was not present when his own name was called at pick 13. He did not take the stage with the Colorado Raptors and to my knowledge, still hasn’t put on a cap and jersey.”

(At that moment, Gareth Rush walks up to Jim.)

Gareth Rush: “Is there something you want to ask me?”

[Image: cropped_Conor_McGregor_Late_Late_Oct_201...1509534667]

Jim Cane: “Wow, we’re joined now by Gareth Rush and of course his agent, Simon Proulx. Gareth, we’re all wondering what your thoughts are on this draft. Clearly you weren’t happy about the time Cassius Darrow was selected at number 8 and you stormed out of the room.”

Gareth Rush: “That’s right Jim, I did leave my table. I wasn’t going to sit around and listen to the bullshit anymore.”

Jim Cane: “The bullsh…”

Gareth Rush: “Yeah, the bullshit. The whole thing is bullshit. It’s nothing personal against Darrow, but the guy just entered the damn draft class a few days ago. I mean, fook, there was then a guy drafted before me who just became a candidate yesterday.”

Jim Cane: “Obviously you really felt you were going in the 1st round and when that didn’t happen, you became upset…”

[Image: ConorMcGregor.gif]

Gareth Rush: “You know they told me to do all the weekly workouts...and I have. I have worked out with the rest of the draft prospects for fookin weeks. They told me to acquire all this equipment...and I have. From the pads to the skates, I bought all the shit. They told me to do the interviews and take part in the combines...and I did all that. Me fookin eyes be red from flying across the pond; from the World Juniors to meeting with these general managers. I met with all these bastards and they pass on me. Every one of those bastards passed on me. Some passed three-to-four times too!”

Jim Cane: “So you expressed interest in going to Colorado and then the Raptors drafted you…”

Gareth Rush: “I don’t want to talk about Colorado. As I said, a guy who has done a fraction of the pre-draft work as me was taken before me. That was my spot. I feel insulted. Fook ‘em! I’ll go play in a league where I’m wanted.”

(Rush storms off.)

Jim Cane: “Simon, what can you tell us happens now with Gareth Rush?”

Simon Proulx: “I’ll talk to him Jim, but he’s clearly angry and rightfully so. Gareth did work his ass off in preparation for this draft and he kissed some rings along the way. He’s embarrassed and I’m embarrassed.”

[Image: fashion-gareth-pugh.jpg]

Jim Cane: “What is there to be embarrassed about?”

Simon Proulx: “I’m embarrassed this all went down how I predicted it would. No, it actually went down worse. Like I said, these spineless GM’s bypassed a talent like Gareth in favor of the little brothers and cousins of the ghosts of SHL past. It’s the same recurring cycle of garbage.”

(Simon Proulx storms off.)

Jim Cane: “Well…there we have it folks. A very angry Gareth Rush, his equally aggravated agent, and no word on where it all goes from here.”

573 words

This Ain't it chief

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-26-2018, 12:27 AMluketd Wrote: This Ain't it chief

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

10-26-2018, 12:29 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote:

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

This is one hell of a way to:
A) Prove GMs right for passing on you (btw Rush @King was in the same position as you. Best first gen in his class. Had max TPE, a shit ton of money in the bank, and wanted to go 1st ov in the SMJHL. And I passed on him for a proven site vet in JayWhy. You know what he did? Went out and continued the grind. Went first overall in the SHL draft and is one of the most outstanding members the site has. That's it chief)

B) Make sure SHL GMs don't bother drafting you cause head cases aren't worth it to destroy well crafted locker rooms.

I hope this is all a joke. It's a bad one. But at least then it can be moved past. In a league that thrives on social interaction and team comradery, and one of the worst things you can do is throw your toys out the pram cause you didn't get drafted where you thought you deserved

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5467800]

Fuck I wanna see what would've happened if u went undrafted

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-26-2018, 12:36 AMRush Wrote:

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5467800]
[Image: source.gif]

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-26-2018, 12:36 AMSlashACM Wrote: Fuck I wanna see what would've happened if u went undrafted

lmao im not signing this weenie

Hi. Colin O'Casey here for the Tarragh Traveler. Can you delineate just how much space is being taken up in your head by the fact that your countryman, Desmond Carey, was drafted two spots above you despite only declaring for the draft on Wednesday? Thanks for your time.

10-26-2018, 12:37 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote:
10-26-2018, 12:36 AMSlashACM Wrote: Fuck I wanna see what would've happened if u went undrafted

lmao im not signing this weenie

lmao you tried

10-26-2018, 12:41 AMRush Wrote:
10-26-2018, 12:37 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: lmao im not signing this weenie

lmao you tried

have fun with a third player bud

OOF

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here