Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Halftime

3. What player on the Individual leaderboard is most surprising?

Probably the most surprising is to see Raw Rookie LeShaun King, of the woeful San Francisco Pride, is top 5 in Center scoring. In his first season
in the league, playing on the worst-performing offensive team in the entire league, King has displayed remarkable skill and had a lot of multiple-point games and is far exceeding expectations. He is also the top-scoring rookie, but it is more impressive that he is right in the mix with the stars of the league in terms of output!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Vijanupatan Singh should win pretty much all the awards, especially the Stevens, McBride and Littleton. It's not a surprise that he's doing so well, may be hard to win the Richan cause he was good last year, but he should get that also.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

2. Who would you say is the surprise team in the standings? (for good or bad)

Buffalo struggling like this after a decent run last season breaks my little Hippo heart.
Pre-season was pretty fire as well, but four four just can't seem to catch a break.

RETIRED

The biggest surprise for me this season is that Manhattan Rage is currently fighting for playoffs. To be honestly, they have a very old with low TPE count so that's why it's surprise for me

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Hot take

Edmonton make the ploffs AND make it past the first round. Also Muff gonna get a couple more shutouts and Evok is gonna lead the league in with some more points.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Strongest second half predictions
The Seattle Riot realize that their window has closed and blow it up. Garrett, Lombardi, and the rest of the stars on the team are all traded for draft picks and prospects

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

1. Who would you select for any of the Awards below?
http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...index.html

- John McBride Award (Best goalie)

Early favourite is 100% Michael McFadden for Toronto. This kid is having a great season and is currently the top of the leaderboard for save %, shutouts, wins and goals against average. He's a huge part of Toronto's success this year, and has them tied for first in their conference. If he keeps this up the rest of the season, Toronto will be looking very strong going into the playoffs.

It's got to be the Winnipeg Jets. We have a team here who looked very strong coming into the season after a cup appearance last year. Many people were expecting them to repeat their success, but at the halfway point of the season, their out of the playoffs. Some definite changes will need to be made on the ice for this team if they want to get back up to the level they were last year.

3. What player on the Individual leaderboard is most surprising?

the San Francisco rookies placement on the rookie leaderboard is a big surprise. Here we have 3 Pride players (King in 1st, Muerto in 3rd, and Stevenson Jr. in 8th) in rookie point scoring. While these rookies were expected to make impacts for their team, they are outscoring players who have had seasons on them to develop and earn that TPE. It's a bright spot for the future of the Pride that their prospects are already turning into what they need them to be if they hope to have a successful future and get the franchise their first cup.

4. What is your strongest 2nd half Prediction/Hot take?

Winnipeg makes the climb and finishes in the top of their conference. They have a very strong team who has all the capabilities of getting right back into their cup contention ways. I think that they'll find their flow in the second half of the season and take it all the way to the top of their conference, and into a deep playoff run.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

2. My surprise team for the season is the Buffalo Stampede. I figure they had a very strong roster, and had them contending in the Eastern Conference for not only a playoff spot, but the division crown.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Otis B Driftwood is going to take home the Turd Ferguson this season. He is in second place right now and hasn’t even been in a single fight all year. Once he inevitably knocks out that Lil’ Manius’ punk ass, he’ll have it wrapped up.

@Bonk

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

As im writing this, the jets are currently outside of playoff contention with 29 points (texas above them have 32) and buffalo have 20 when the next playoff spot have 27.

This is what really surprise me tbh. I though those two teams should have done way better.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Gotta go with the Buffalo Stampede here. They were expected to be cup contenders or at least be a playoff competitor. It's looking like they're out of it, sitting at 6th in the Conference, 6 games below .500.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

What I find most surprising on the leader board is that Joe Kurczewski of the Calgary Dragons is not number 1. This kid pours his heart into his playing and although being #2 is not a bad place to be, I wouldn't be surprised it we see him in the #1 slot sometime soon!

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

1. Award predictions?

I couldn't make a real opinion on Most Dedicated or Breakout Star, so skipped those two

- John McBride Award (Best goalie)

Stars Michael McFadden

Right now its Michael McFadden to lose. Lowest GAA, highest SV%, most shout outs. There isn't anyway you can frame it that doesn't have McFadden as the number one goalie in the SHL right now.

- Scott Stevens Award (Top Defensemen)

Blizzard Tor Tuck

Tor Tuck has been a man possessed this year. 2nd in goals among D, 3rd in assists among D, 1st in points among D, 1st in hits among D, 6th in shots blocked among D. He's doing it all. I don't see how anyone can touch him right now.

- Ryan Jesster Award (Top Rookie)

pride Leshaun King

There's a lot of bias here obviously. But with out having the privellege of hiding on a 2nd line, King has matched up against opposing 1st line's in the deadly Western Conference and has been putting up big points. I think what he's done vs the top competition in the west compared to what others have done against second lines in the east makes him the favourite.

- Lance Uppercut Award (Best GM)

Blizzard

I was debating going super off the board, but Edmonton was in a tough spot and came out with a very nice package for Tiggole Bitties. Then with picking up Demarcus Smyth on top of that, and snatching Tommy Tuck, it's hard to say another GM improved there team more on paper this year.

- Joe McKeil Award (Best coach)

Rage/Stars

This one is a bit of a toss up for me. The Stars should be a middle of the pack team and are a top club. The Rage should be a bottom of the league team and are a playoff contender. I'm going to say though if I had to pick the Rage. Jaywhy is a line wizard and has some interesting combinations and tactics going which seem to be working for him.

- Jeff Dar Award (Top 2way forward)

Dragons Mike Izzy

Even though he wasn't in my mid-season top three nominees, I have Izzy taking it. For the mid-season nominees I was basing it under the assumption of the season ending now. Considering there's a lot of hockey left to be simmed I got to take Izzy. He's 3rd oa in scoring right now and has been picking up as the season goes. He has a positive hit differential. He's +4 and plays a decent chunk of PK. I think he's due

- Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)

Stars Michael McFadden

This is a bit of a surprise but I have to go with McFadden. Simply because the Stars have a bottom 5 offence, like it's not even close to playoff calibre. But they've allowed 12 less goals than the next lowest team. 12!. The gap between 1-2 is the same as 2-10. McFadden has been carrying this team into the playoffs.

2. Surprise team in the standings?

Good: Rage. Manhattan has no business being out of the bottom 3 let a lone being a playoff team. And it's not like they're faking it and getting by, they have a goal diff of only -2, compared with four teams with -20 or worse differentials.

Bad: Stampede This is no surprise, the Stampede should be eastern conference champion contenders. In my season predicitions I had them winning the East. They're deep and talented everywhere. Something needs to be shaken up in the lines to get the team going

3. Surprise individual leader?

pride Kelly Rivet

Bias here, but Kelly Rivet is 7th in the SHL in scoring. He's deep into regression, has dropped to 1000 TPE, and in his last season but he might ve having a career year. Definitely didn't see this coming.

4.2nd half hot take?

- The Pride go on a run and ruin there tank ending up 5th last. The team will be happy to see progress but will be annoyed at giving up the 1st OA pick because of a short win streak.

- The Renegades are a solid team, but they're going to eventually drop out of the playoff race. Just not good enough to stay in the playoffs in the West.

- The Platoon don't stop winning, the team is too good and too deep for anyone to touch. They'll win another cup. Becoming only the third team to ever win 3 cups in 4 seasons.

- The Steelhawks win the east and lose to the Platoon in the finals

- Tiggole Bitties goes on a tear to end the season and ends up with one of the greatest individual seasons in the modern era.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

4. What is your strongest 2nd half Prediction/Hot take?

I predict that Esa Anrikkanen will catch fire after a disastrous first half of the season that saw him lose the race to be the first to 1000 points. He will end up with more career points at the end of the season than Kristian Eriksson who is retiring so Esa will continue to set the bar higher for all time scoring leader in the SHL.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

The Wolfpack have truly been surprising on the ice this season, and not in a good way. My hot take for the second half? Out of sheer frustration, Mia Landvik is going to break her many-season-long streak of not punching anyone.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates