Create Account

S46 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 08:34 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
I had a pretty amazing season all things considered. While the Whalers weren't all that impressive on the ice, Borromini Cannellini was on top of his game per usual, scoring 25 goals (leading the league) and 54 points (leading the league and also finishing as the only player who was a point per game on the season). Cap that off with being +28 (again leading the league) and Cannellini is basically a lock for the MVP at this point (maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself here but still). What made this season pretty crazy was the fact that I was playing with at least one rookie the entire season. I played a lot with Cullen Gray, who thanks to my help scored 13 goals and 35 points (something you rarely see from a rookie these days). I also had a lot of time with Theo Morgan on my line, who wasn't quite as productive, unfortunately. But either way despite not playing with the best players the SMJHL has to offer (yet) I was still the most productive player in the league, and that is pretty crazy to think about.

Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

JK and TDZ have the bigger advantage at this point based simply on the fact that they were able to do so well with the roster they have and probably had to do a lot more tweaking than Buffalo. The Stampede are definitely a better team on paper, but the fact the Specters were able to get to this point speaks to their coaching acumen in this series.

2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?

Cedric Robinson absolutely had the more impressive run of the two, and I don't think it is even close. Robinson in his 10 games went 8-1-1, with a .925 save percentage and 2.07 goals against average, and he did it as a rookie of all things. Cain definitely is more of an underdog considering his TPE at this point, but the fact Robinson was able to do what he did is spectacular.

5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?

New Orleans definitely deserves to host an All-Star game based on the simple fact it is a new hockey city and the SHL needs to invest time and money into the fanbase there. The best way to do that would be to structure a big event like the All-Star game around the city to give people something to do and perhaps get them invested in the league in some way. It's the perfect plan.

6. Who are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series and why?

1. TJ Bayley: The leading scorer going into the finals, with 8 goals and 14 points in 10 games. He has been incredible and dangerous, and the Specters will have to keep him in check if they want to win this one.
2. Oisin Fletcher: Right behind Bayley with 7 goals and 13 points, he has been the major weapon for the Specters these playoffs
3. Alexis Metzler: Despite his age this defenseman has been playing superb on both sides of the ice and is unlikely to slow down in the finals.

TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
[Image: KEWEqmt.jpg]

Task 9: (Written, 3 TPE)
Well Don Cherry, I think the big underdog in this series is not the New Orleans Specters but the Buffalo Stampede! The Stampede walked through their competition only losing 2 games, however the Specters are a team of destiny this season and they will be incredible hard to beat in this series. They have Joe K, they have Fletcher, they Xavier Paquette, they have Smyth. Look at that roster and tell me they aren't a threat to win their first Challenge Cup in their first season. It is incredible the run they are on and if the Stampede really want to make things happen in this one they are going to have to really put their pedal to the metal and play harder than they ever have before. Sure, you don't believe me, but if you watch the highlights instead of looking just at the boxscore then you will understand what I mean by this.

Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
At this point Borromini Cannellini has a couple guys ahead of him on the depth chart before he really gets a chance to play minutes on the Los Angeles Panthers. First of those is Shouta Aizawa, who is a S44 draft pick and will be competing with him for about as long as either of them is a Panther, plus they are pretty close in terms of TPE at the moment so who knows. Second is a player who will likely be ahead of him on the depth chart for quite some time, and it is Max Mauldin. A S43 pick, he has a lot more TPE than Cannellini and because of his activity is unlikely to fall behind Cannellini. As far as wingers you have multiple guys ahead of him: Geoff Higgins, Lightning Jones, Joshua Woodcroft, and Sophia Bennett. It is possible that Cannellini might slip in one of those spots and play as a winger for a good portion of his career.

Task 15: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

For Williams, he had a somewhat disappointing season. Sophomore slump hit hard. While I was able to pick myself up a few points, I felt like I didn't perform as well as I should have. I ended up with 19 points coming from 13 goals and 5 assists and a lousy -8 plus minus total. One thing I see as a weakness is my skating. I'm focusing on training my skating. Speed, angles, everything. I know I can do better then I did this season. I have a bone to pick and I'm going to come out stronger then ever next season. I have the honor of playing on a brand new franchise team with my good buddy Cainer and with my idol Joe K, along with some of the best players in the game right now. My best moment was hearing we made the playoffs while my worse was hearing the Cain isn't consider a rookie despite it being his first season in the SHL.   [166]

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
I think it's pretty easy to say the NOLA GM's. Do you know how hard it is to put together a team from scratch and make it to the finals your first season? Both of these guys know what they are doing and are gonna put their heart and soul into it.

2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?
They both has pretty good runs. Robinson has always found ways to win his team games but I think Aleister Cain is more impressive. Cain's fundamentals are already developed as a rookie tender. Yes I said rookie. This is his first season in the SHL after all. This will be a good match up to watch.

4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
Aleister Cain @SlashACM  He is the next all star goalie. Ahead of all goalies in his draft class in TPE and he has the fight in him to be the best no matter what. If goalies could be Captain, he would be unanimous. I have no doubt in my mind he will be around forever and be the leading player on NOLA.

7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.
There are two players that come to mind on New Orleans. Sean Stevenson Jr and Aleister "Swiss Cheese" Cain. Stevenson Jr is an absolute unit of a defenseman. I expect him to play a great defensive game and really keep the opposition on their toes. Looking at his stats so far this series you'll see a team leading +5 plus minus. Cain, haven't I talked about him enough? Aleister is the savior among men, the Swiss Cheese on your bacon wrapped turkey and cheese sandwich, the brick wall that has the best graffiti on it.

Task 5: (Written, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*
Well, it happened on a very warm Sunday afternoon. I was minding my own business running laps around the arena with my headphones in when I entered through an exterior door. As i pushed the locker room door open I realized I made a horrible mistake. I was on the complete opposite side of the arena from where I started my run. As I looked around the room I couldn't believe what I was seeing, with my own two eyes glued to the center of the room. Now I couldn't hear what they were saying but I feel like I'm pretty good at reading lips. I saw 3 men, draped in robes, surrounding a picture of NOLA goaltender Aleister Cain (@SlashACM ). They were chanting, at least from what I could tell, and I kid you not Cedric Robinson (@grok ) was holding a Falcon on his arm and Cain's missing jock strap on the other. From the way their lips were moving they were saying, "Please give Robinson all of Cain's awesome talent. We have a Falcon to sacrifice to show Robinson's past and the lucky jock strap that we stole from Cain." I was so shocked that they were going to murder a poor Falcon. Right before I left the room, I noticed something more sinister, another robed figure was standing in the corner watching but he wasn't like the other 3, oh no. He wore a giant Buffalo Head and a huge smile. If this is Buffalo's way to try to win the series, then it is the most messed up scene I have ever seen.  [265]

You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

I honestly think the favorite and the underdog are the same team. New Orleans is a brand new franchise who have absolutely killed it so far. They are quickly giving people a reason to like them. As this is their first season, they are not expected to make it far at all, but here we are, in the finals against Buffalo. Some big names on the ice for both teams but it's hard to look past what NOLA has put together. From great expansion picks to great free agent signings, this team knows how to win and will do anything to win. Buffalo has some great defensive players but will need to come out with a more offensive style to counter NOLA's all star forwards. NOLA has to get their rookie goalie pumped up and ready to cheese his way to a cup. All in all, this is going to be one great series and I don't think anyone would argue that.

Task 14 (3 TPE)

Sent.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

Overall all I think I had a fine rookie season in the SHL. I immediately plugged into West Kendall’s top four which I feel really good about. I have never been much of a point scorer but I only hit ten points this season which I am disappointed about. I have spent so much of my time focusing on my defensive and skating game that I have sort of fallen behind in that regard. I was very happy to have in impact in the physical aspects of the game however. I dropped the gloves in my very first game of the season and I think that set the tone for my play with the fans. I’m not a goon out there but I am really happy about immediately stepping up physically with the big boys. My career goal is to be a top pairing defenseman so in that I failed this season but I didn’t expect to reach that in my rookie season. My season goal of playing solid defensively went about as well as it could have.
(178)

Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.

1. I think that Buffalo has the tactical advantage going into the championship series. On paper they have a much stronger overall team. During the regular season they had one of the strongest offenses in the league and one of the defenses, giving up only four more goals than New Orleans while scoring 24 more goals. New Orleans is going to have to struggle to match the offensive output that Buffalo is capable of which gives Buffalo a huge advantage.
(79)

3. Tatu Makela, Charles Walker, Viktor Marius, Roman Augustus, Kevin Hamilton, Cedric Robinson

This line will score all night on you and beat the hell out of you at the same time. The forward group all have more than 40 points in the regular season with at least more than 120 hits. They are going to grind down anyone who gets in their way. The pair on the back end are going to block shots like crazy and turn it into points at the other end. Robinson keeps the net in safe hands while also having a bit of an edge with those 10 PIMs on the year. 
(95)

5. With absolutely no disrespect to the great city of Buffalo, this is a no brainer. New Orleans is the prime candidate for an All Star weekend. New Orleans is the ultimate party town. Being that New Orleans is an expansion team is only icing on the cake. It would grow the brand of the local team while also fostering interest in the league in general. The game itself could be changed a bit and rather than East vs West could be North vs South furthering emphasize the growth of the southern markets in the SHL.
(95)

6. First is Viktor Marius. Top point getter amongst the two teams and biggest hitter by far. This guy will beat you in every facet of the game. Second is Oliver Konig. While he doesn’t have much of a physical game he is one of the best set up guys in the final while also almost hitting 20 goals. Being such a threat with the shot or pass makes him a real danger. Finally is Roman Augustus. Roman is a danger offensively and physically. Along with that he brings a veteran presence that almost always is important in the finals.
(99)

You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

On paper and tactically I believe that Buffalo is the favorite to win the challenge cup this year. They have significant offensive advantage with almost the same defensive pedigree as New Orleans. BUT I can’t say that New Orleans are the underdogs going into the finals. They have that whole island of misfit toys thing going on. An expansion draft team making it all the way to the finals? Who’d have thought that was possible? These guys have banded together as the off casts of their previous teams and turned that into magic. Because they are an expansion team New Orleans doesn’t have to worry about any rookie nerves coming into play during the finals. Buffalo has three rookies suiting up for the finals. Who knows how they will handle it. Although the numbers are close to the same Aleister Cain does have an advantage on Cedric Robinson this year. When it comes to winning the cup every little bit counts in the net. On paper Buffalo has the edge but mentally I’d give it to New Orleans.
(178)

Task 13: (Written, 3 TPE)
This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

::Black and white video of announcement of team:: In the SHL’s 46th season we are excited to welcome the New Orleans Specters into the league ::video of highlight reel goal:: In the swampy bayou of New Orleans iced formed and created the Specters. An expansion team written off by every serious hockey outlet in North America has made the Challenge Cup final. Will they destroy the narrative and come out victorious or will they fall short like all the teams that came before them? ::giant save:: A team of outcasts have come together to stand against all the other of the SHL. In the swamp of Louisiana hockey grew and stands on the precipice of hockey history. Will the Specters complete their destiny and become the champions of the SHL? Will they fall short and feel the pain of all the other teams of the SHL? History will be made this season.
(152)

TASK 14: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. 

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM Sent

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 03:35 PM by Count Chocula.)

Task 1:
Mikkel Haugen flourished with his new team after being taken in the expansion draft. With the added ice time his game was able to improve as he was no longer buried in a depth role. Splitting time between the 1st and 2nd lines he was averaging about 21 minutes per game, doubling his previous 2 seasons. His point totals saw a significant increase with the added time. He earned career highs with 8 goals, 11 assists, 170 hits. The highlight for Haugen's season came early when he scored his first career hat trick against the West Kendall Platoon, capping it off with the OT winner. Haugen had many signs of greatness, but his season was also inconsistent. There were long stretches of game where he was unable to produce offensively, possibly costing the team a wildcard spot. If his game continues to grow however, the Syndicate could see themselves in the playoffs next season with their young core growing together.

2. Both goalies haven't been mind blowing this post season. Both come into the series with mediocre Sv% and GAA. Their teams have just been able to outscore their opponents while they make the needed saves. I would give the edge to Cedric Robinson as he enters the series with only 2 loses in the post season which can breed confidence. He also has the better team supporting him which goes a long way.

4. Karl Hefeweizen @gfridge of the Specters will develop into an all star Defenseman in the upcoming seasons. His defensive play is already astounding. That alone would be good enough for most teams, but he has shown some flair on offense as well. Brock Becker @GrilledTwinkiez of the Stampede has been a great depth scorer in their cup run. Playing the third line hes racked up 11 points. With more ice time and an expanded role he will develop into a star.

5. I believe that New Orleans should be the host of the next All Star Game. They are a new team in the league who needs help expanding their brand in a non hockey market. An event like this could help grow their fan base after a strong first season in the league.

6. Oliver Konig is the most dangerous player on the Stampede roster. He is having a stellar playoff run and leading the team in goals. The Specters' Joe Kurczewski has been their most dangerous player all season and the playoffs have been no different. He is their leader and drives all their offense. Alexis Metzler will be a key factor in the Stampede's success he's lead their talented blue line and is a threat from the point which the Specters lack.

7. Karl Hefeweizen has been an unexpected star this post season for the Specters. He has made some timely contributions on the score sheet. More noticeably though, he has been impeccable in his defensive zone. He's blocked 25 shots and hasn't taken a single penalty the entire post season while averaging 25 minutes a game. He's been extremely reliable and played smart hockey.

Task 14: Done

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2019, 06:06 PM by Dangles13.)

PBE Affiliation
Task 14: PM Sent

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 08:57 PM by Psanchez55.)

Task 1.
Vivian had a good season. Was she the unanimous top goalie in the league? Maybe not, but she helped Kelowna to one of the best records in the league. She helped Kelaowna's goalie tandem put up the best fantasy stats of any SMJHLs goalie pairing.

After a bye in the first round of the playoffs, Vivian and Kelowna put together an easy sweep in round two. A dominant performance in round 3 put them in the finals. Vivian is doing her best to bring home the trophy. Her teammates have been great surrounding her. Winning the championship is the ultimate goal, but Vivian isnt quite there yet. Once Kelowna brings home the title, Vivian will continue working to improve her game. Will she be back in K-Town? Who knows. Maybe she will be taking her talents to Winnipeg? She still hasn't reached her goal of being a starting goalie in the SHL.

Task 7
Of course... When it came time for someone to organize an event, they came looking for Vivian LeBlanc. Do they really think that women are the only people capable of organizing events? What did Vivian come up with to rake in a ton of money for charity? Vivian refused to help out unless the money was donated to the Wounded Warrior fund, and Camp Hope.

One event Vivain came up with was a shooting competition. Shooting a puck is one thing for these hockey players. Hitting the bullseye at 150 yards is another thing entirely. 6 contestants from each team were given a combined 60 shots at the target. For every hit they scored, Bass Pro Shops agreed to donate 10K. Alot was on the line. Unfortunately for the hockey players, only two shots landed out of the 60. Bass Pro Shops kindly donated 100 grand anyways. Could Vivian have done better? Not in 150 words.

Task 11?
Winnipeg has some great prospects coming up the pipeline. Some are perhaps advancing at a more rapid rate. However for the Winnipeg fans, I'm sure the prospect on everyones minds is goalie Vivian LeBlanc. With the Jets longtime goalie having played his last ever game, Vivian is up next. With a sub .900 save percent against juniors players, things aren't looking good for the Jets future in goal. Sure, the Jets will find a stopgap keeper. But after obtaining LeBlanc in a big trade, Winnipeg needs the 5'4 goalkeeper to pan out. When can Jets fans expect to see Vivian make her major league debut? That could come as soon as next season. Vivian has stated she would like to help Kelowna win many SMJHL rings, but if she is ready, she should be called up. Why do we kid ourselves. Vivian is not ready. SHLers will score as if she isn't there. So for now... Its a good thing she isn't.

Affiliate
http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=69592

Scrambled Izzy sent

[Image: 1542603263658.png]

Harvey Danger's first two seasons in the SHL, he finished with 14 points each. His last two seasons, he finished the season with 21 points each. It was an extremely disappointing season for both the Texas Renegades and Harvey himself. The Renegades should have at least made the playoffs, but they were expected to be in championship contendership. Danger vastly improved his offensive game behind the scenes, but it did not translate on the ice. Some good things did happen to him though. He won his first fight and got kicked out of his first game, so that was cool. Danger had the most blocked shots on the team, so his defensive game is still strong. But after all that, the worst moment of his season was losing to god damn San Francisco in the last game of the season to lose out on the playoffs. His golf game is strong though. (152)

Buffalo's WannabeFinn and Tomen have the tactical and managerial advantage in this series because they had to actually build their team so they have the experience. New Orlean's two had to work a little hard in free agency, but they had to pick guys off of a list and were practically gifted a solid team, which isn't their fault, it's just how it is. (64)

3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.

F - Oisin Fletcher - NOR
F - TJ Bayley - BUF
F - Kevin Hamilton - BUF
D - Alexis Metzler - BUF
D - Karl Hefeweizen - NOR
G - Cedric Robinson - BUF

Basically just picked the players who have performed the best. Future HOF Fletcher should be there, but two of the more underrated players like Bayley and Hamilton are having career playoff years. Cedric Robinson is in line to be the Playoffs MVP if Buffalo can pull off the huge win. (50)

Is this a joke? Obviously, everybody knows that New Orleans is a party city and everybody seems to love that place. So I choose Buffalo because Buffalo is a place where we can hold an outdoors game with the snow falling, taking us back to the old school Might be something to think about for S50. (56)

Cedric Robinson has been Buffalo's unsung hero and surprise player in the post season. Sure, he had a solid season, but his playoffs have been out of this world. Through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, he sits with 2 shutouts, a 0.925 SV% and a 2.07 GAA. He still couldn't get himself a first star though, which is crazy. (61)

You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

To be fair, I have not been following the series so I don't know what's going on right now. I would think that the Buffalo Stampede are the underdogs, only because New Orleans are the team run by a couple of former league guys who some think may or may not have tampered players to get them to come to the Specters. They are a team with a bunch of players who spurned other teams to come play in New Orleans which gives them a bit of a heel vibe. Buffalo is a team who haven't had much success recently, but I do not think that the league would hate seeing them win one, especially against New Orleans. What does Buffalo need to do to win? They need rookie goaltender Cedric Robinson to continue standing on his head. They also need McZehrl to do something. Contribute somehow. What New Orleans needs to do? Roman Augustus needs to step up. After only 3 goals and 4 points through the first two series, they will need him to score if they want to win. (182)

This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

For New Orleans "History Will Be Made", it is just going to be the full video of the Expansion Draft, but only Chicago's picks and the reaction from everybody else. "You chose who?" Then it would just be screenshots of discord conversations of them maybe or maybe not tampering players.

For Buffalo's "History Will Be Made", it would just be Chris McZehrl complaining about stuff. Then, after we get a 30 minute commercial about him complaining about stuff, the second half of that is Chris McZehrl ratting out over people for stuff that really doesn't concern him.

Both of these "History Will Be Made" commercials are denied by TV producers because of how controversial they are, so they end up just going with the goaltenders for both teams being the hero for their teams and the big surprise of the series. Maybe there is also a big hug between Joe and TDZ as it fades to black or something stupid. (160)

Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals.

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Sent

Total = 16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 03:09 AM by O4L.)

Parker Smeb had a decent season with the Raptors last season. He was among the top send-down players in the league. His goal was to reach all 10 milestones but due to every SMJHL team turning into the dead puck era Devils and milestones not being adjusted for some unknown reason to compensate for the insanely low scoring he only managed to hit 4. That being said, Parker was arguably the second best forward in the regular season, although he was 7th on the scoring board at the end of the season he was the only player besides Cannellini to average 1 point per 20. Parker played the least minutes out of anyone in the top 20 in scoring and played a total of 222 less minutes than Cannellini. There's a good chance that had Parker played more than 16 minutes per game he would've had a really good shot at winning the MVP award at seasons end.

Task 3:
Oliver Konig
Joe Kurczewski
Oisin Fletcher
GOD McZehrl
Alexis Metzler
Cedric Robinson

Overall I tried to keep this team resembling what worked best from both teams. Konig, Kurczewski and Fletcher were the three best forwards in the play-offs of the teams remaining and I felt like keeping Buffalos top pair of God McZehrl and Metzler together is worth it as they both performed exceptionally by putting up a total of 25 combined points in the play-offs. Cedric not only won the series but also had the better stats so I had to go with him.

2. I think Robinson has been overall more impressive this season, although New Orleans is an expansion team I don't think its exactly fair to compare that to Buffalo as both goalies have had years to develop their skills in the minors. I think both goalies are super comparable and if you swapped their teams the results of the series would be very similar. That being said I'm going to give the edge to Cedric Robinson due to him reallly turning it on during the play-offs and having both a better SVP and GAA than Cain so far during the play-offs.

5. I think with this one you gotta go with the New Orleans Spectres. I think New Orleans is a really cool city and could make for a much more unique and interesting all-star weekend than Buffalo could. Since Buffalo won the cup its also a nice consolation prize for the NOLA faithful and gives them something to get excited about again. That being said, I think Chicago is the clear favourite for the next all-star game.

7. I think you need look no farther than GOD McZehrl. Some may say he's a top player and cannot be unsung but I disagree. McZehrl brings intangibles that few can compete with, he is the SHL's version of Joey Ryan with all his sexual innuendos and BALLS talk. He creates a ton of open ice for himself just by creeping out the opposing team by oozing his sexuality all over the ice. Also, he led Buffalo in ice-time but also took only 2 penalties the entire post-season and also led defenders in scoring. Even if hes a top player he's also an unsung hero.

This is a really interesting series, both teams are so evenly matched but ultimately I think this series is going to come up to who can keep more pucks out of their own net while putting more pucks in the other teams net. I think in terms of forwards you gotta give the edge to the New Orleans Spectres who have had an absolutely dynamite offense all season long and boast arguable the best player in the game today in Joe Kurczewski, he along with Oison Fletcher and Demarcus Smyth definitely give them the edge when it comes to forwards. When it comes to the defenders I definitely think the Stampede have the big advantage, not only do they have Alexis Metzler who is an absolute rock but they also have GOD McZehrl who comes from a great line of McZehrls and just has a natural hockey sense that few can compete with. Ultimately, I think this series comes down to goal-tending and although its very close I will give the slight edge to Cedric Robinson and the Stampede since I think he's slightly more mature and better than Aleister Cain. This should be an extremely exciting series and I'm really looking forward to it.

Last year, Chicago had an extremely strong draft. They picked up 8 players that have remained active since the draft along with picking up an active at 100th overall while every other team in that round was passing. Parker Smeb was drafted 36th overall in the draft and is currently top 5 in TPE in the entire class. Prior to the draft, Parker was only contacted by 3 teams including Chicago. Next season Parker looks to crack the Chicago roster. There have been rumors that he will be competing with Kit Smeb for the final Syndicate roster spot. Parker has always been the best player out of the brothers so Parker doesn't see this as a challenge. Next season, Parker hopes to challenge for the Jesster award and believes he has a real shot at winning as he was one of the top send-downs in the SMJHL this past season. Parker aims to show the world why he is the best Smeb currently playing hockey.

TASK 14:

Message Sent

Total = 16 TPE

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Task 1:

This season was something of a breakout year for Murphy. He scored early and often, starting off the year at around a point per game pace, during which time he scored his first 2-goal game of his career. After an abysmal rookie year with just 1 goal and 10 assists despite playing over 20 minutes a night, the increased production was a sign that he could be an effective player and live up to his draft position of 4th overall. While his scoring did cool off somewhat, he would finish with 10 goals and 24 assists, an impressive improvement from S45. One other notable was in physical play, where Murphy nearly put up 100 hits. Shooting will need to become more of a focus, as although he started off shooting quite a bit, he would only finish with a total of 69 (nice) shots in 50 games, which he'll need to increase drastically if he wants to keep scoring double-digit goal totals as a defenseman. Unquestionably, it was an impressive season for Murphy overall and with the 1000 TPE mark on the horizon, he could really start to make his mark on the league in his third season.

Task 3:

i) These are two groups of managers with a ton of experience and knowledge but I give WBF and Tomen a slight edge. WBF has a great understanding of the tactical side of the game, which I know because I lean on him for advice pretty frequently. As well, Tomen is renowned for being a hardcore test simmer who is capable of looking for anything that gives a slight edge.

ii) I think that Robinson has been the more impressive of the two in the teams' respective playoff runs so far. It's hard to argue with a goalie who has put up a 0.925 save percentage as a rookie, and his two shutouts came at crucial moments - the first in Game 1 against the Steelhawks, setting a strong tone for the series, and the second in the series-clinching game against Manhattan. Robinson is just on another level right now, which is to take nothing away from Cain's impressive as hell season.

iii) My starting roster would be 

C: Oisin Fletcher
LW: Joe Kurzcewski
RW: TJ Bayley
D: Alexis Metzler
D: Tatu Makela
G: Cedric Robinson

In addition to being some of the highest scoring players at their positions in the playoffs, this starting lineup consists of some established starpower (Joe K, Fletcher) alongside those who are making a name for themselves on the biggest platform possible (Robinson). Overall, it's an extremely talented mix of players that are all impacting the series heavily.

iv) My answer again is Cedric Robinson for Buffalo (@grok). He, as a rookie, is dominating the SHL playoffs at the most important position. His trophy case is already impressive from his legendary SMJHL career, which shows that this is not a fluke - Robinson succeeds wherever he goes. Buffalo is a great team, but every great team needs a great goalie and they're lucky enough to have one that looks like he could be a legend when all is said and done. 

Similarly, Aleister Cain (@SlashACM) has had an amazing season as a rookie goaltender and has already carried an expansion team to the finals. He looks to be a goaltender a team can build around over the course of a career, and despite what any awards requirements say, he deserves incredible praise for his season. He'll be the backbone of that team for as long as Cain is around.

v) I think choosing New Orleans to host the all star game makes sense. Given that they're a new team in a non-traditional hockey market and their immediate success has to be catching the eye of local sports fans, having a major league event hosted in the city allows the SHL to strike while the iron's hot and capitalize on the attention. This could lead to the league being able to lock in a loyal and excited fanbase right away, which is great for both the team and the league.

Task 14: PM sent

Task 9: Obviously given that New Orleans is an expansion team they've proved a lot of doubters wrong, but I still believe Buffalo is a clear favourite in the series. In the recent Corsi tracking for the season that was posted in media, Buffalo owned most of the top spots in the league - they're a team that controls possession and has a lot of weapons both offensively and defensively. That's not to take away from the veteran firepower and championship experience of the Specters veterans, but I think Buffalo has the full body roster of a championship team. As well, I think Buffalo's defense is considerably stronger than New Orleans', with standouts like McZehrl, Metzler, and Makela effectively eating minutes for the Stampede. Goaltending could be called a wash between the two teams, but Robinson also seems to be extremely hot going into the finals which is exactly the right time. It will be a tight series, but I believe Buffalo has a clear edge.

Task 5:

The scene I witnessed in the Buffalo locker room was shocking, to say the least. At first all I heard was laughing, followed but what I can only describe as animal noises I have never heard before. Then, I noticed the smell - there was definitely some kind of animal in the facility and based on the sounds it was making, it was large. When I rounded the corner, I was greeted with a sight I will never unsee - Stampede rookie Hippo Passamus nude and posing on top of a live hippopotamus. As the rest of the team stood around taking pictures and sending snapchats, Passamus assumed different poses on the animal's back. A zookeeper nervously stood next to the animal, feeding it whenever it became agitated. Anytime the handler tried to end the session, Tatu Makela would take out another $100 bill and slip it to them, quieting the concerns for a while longer. I can confirm that there was definitely a perilous situation involving the illegal use of a controlled animal in a space and around people that were not equipped to handle it. I do not know how they got a fully grown hippopotamus into the dressing room, and I don't want to - I just know that the image of Hippo Passamus helicoptering on top of a two-ton monster is burned into my retinas forever.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Code:
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.

Leopold Lockhart had a decent season with the Anchorage Armada. He ended the regular season with thirty-seven points and fifty-eight shots blocked. Twenty-one of his thirty-seven points were earned on the power play. That was the highest power play points total in the league by a pretty fair sized margin. The next closest was sixteen. I wish he'd been able to make a little bit more happen offensively during five on five...I'm too used to having a forward. Keep having to remind myself that he's a defenseman and should be doing defensive things. I definitely would have been happier with a positive plus/minus, but that's a relatively bullshit stat as far as determining individual performance, so it's whatever. Making it past the second round of playoffs was a treat, but of course I wish we'd made it on to finals and won the cup. Especially since this is probably going to be my last season with the team. But overall, not a bad effort this season.

Code:
TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During this week-long event each team will do a lot of travelling. Both teams have their own plane and bus and HO has asked that both means of transportation receive a visual make over to draw attention to the championship series!.  Choose one of the teams planes or Busses and give it a Challenge cup series look!  Plane or Bus should have at minimum the teams logo, a player render and a reference to their entry into the series.

[Image: cUI0PYM.png]

Code:
There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

Lockhart's biggest competition in terms of cracking the San Francisco Pride's SHL roster is Dom Montgomery. They're both defensemen from the same draft class, both drafted high in the first round, both captains of their SHL teams. They both had respectable seasons this season. There's really no bad choice here in terms of choosing one to call up verses the other, but there's probably only room for one of them on the roster right now. I'm pretty sure that Lockhart will get the call up simply because I have more TPE ready to unbank. If he does get called up, I'm just hoping that Lockhart will be able to keep up in the SHL, hold his own defensively and maybe produce a little bit offensively. He's had a little trouble producing during five on five play and I can't imagine that he'd be playing on any special teams his rookie season, so his points production may not translate as well from juniors without the power play to boost his points.

Code:

PMed

Code:
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

I played for WBF for many seasons in Finland with Linna and we won a bunch of medals, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Joe and TDZ here, simply because they were my Dragons teammates and therefore learned from Esa who is in my opinion one of the best GMs on the site.

Since I can't access the playoff index, I was gonna say that we were gonna have to go based off of regular season stats here, but fuck that. I'm gonna give it to Cedric Robinson simply because he's a rookie and he held his own. He had two less wins, but he also had 9 fewer losses because he managed to help the team win in OT 5 more times than Cain.

New Orleans should for sure win the bid for next season's all star game. Why? Because what the fuck is even in Buffalo? Sure, Bourbon Street is actually pretty disgusting, but it's also fun as fuck. Much more likely to draw a crowd of out-of-towners because it's a better vacation destination. Besides, New Orleans is gonna be hype as fuck about their team since they did the Golden Knights thing and made it to the finals their first season out.

Viktor Marius, Oliver Konig, and Roman Agustus are the three players in the finals who were highest on the league leaderboard for scoring in the regular season. Marius was actually 5th in the league with 59 points, Konig was 15th with 52, and Agustus was 22nd with 49 points. Marius also has an impressive 221 hits, making him the most dangerous overall. There were way more Buffalo players on the leaderboard for scoring during the regular season.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 09:50 PM by bana.)

This season was a lot of things for Hiro Fujikawa and myself. First, we kicked off the season with a pretty hot start. Things were going good for both myself and Anaheim and everything was clicking. I think it was somewhere around the 30 game mark where I really hit a snag, pothole or whatever the hell you want to call it because it was around that time that the train completely derailed. By the end of things, I finished with 21 goals, 19 assists and 40 points through the 50 games. Really, this isn't that bad but if we're being honest, I expected a lot more out of Fujikawa. His totals were highest on his team and he managed to sit 9th in league scoring. I suppose in the bigger picture, a top 10 player is still pretty solid but I'm hoping for better. Next season, who knows what's going to come. I have notified Los Angeles that my hope is to stay down another season and come up when I feel Fujikawa is more ready

Task 3: (Written, 3 TPE)

D- Alexis Metzler  Stampede
D- Tatu Makela  Stampede
F- Joe Kurczewski  Specters
F- Roman Augustus  Specters
F- Viktor Marius  Stampede
G- Aleister Cain -  Specters

This was pretty simple for myself and i based it off a couple of things. The first being, obviously, their attributes and ratings. Cain is the higher rated goalie and if he has the right team in front of him, things are going to really click well. The rest of the team hits. Look, for example, in the regular season And the playoffs stats section. Also, their attributes (obviously). This team is made to score, put up big points but also play solidly defensively and aggressively. That's the kind of team, ones who can do it all, who achieve big things.

4. Who are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series and why?
I'd say there's a few dangerous players but that's start with goalie for New Orleans, Aleister Cain. Top rated goalie in the series. If the team plays right, they could easily be the difference maker that 100% shuts the door on the Stampede. For me, Buffalo's pensive in Tatu and Metzler could be huge differences makers. The upper front of the rosters are a little the same and where New Orleans Lacks, Buffalo makes up for with those 2 d-men. AND THATS THE 3 PLAYERS!

For me, Oliver Konig for the Buffalo Stempede really impressed me. Not only was he big on the hitting side of things with 46 in 17 games played, but he also managed to lead his team in points (21), goals (11) and was a solid member for being on the ice more times for goals scored than against (+11). He really stepped up his games and while visibly New Orleans may have some solid candidates too, this guy really stands out to me.

On this episode of: SHL NEWS - we're about to report some crazy shit. I mean, you kind of have to be careful where ever you go nowadays, don't you? It's crazy to even think we're about to be broadcasting this right but here we are. This season, a huge scandal is erupting in one of the challenge cup teams locker rooms and the damn gossip is sizzling, baby. There happens to be a witness to that story and unfortunately, it's me. I was heading over to the locker room after the game they had just finished as they told me to do so. Being a new player in the league, they only wanted to include me but I guess I came a little to early? Or maybe they did (don't think sick shit, fuck)?

They had a massive slip and slide throughout the entire locker room, a couple kegs of beer and a private bar with alcohol seemingly pouring out the tap non-stop. They had sex blow up dolls everywhere, tiki torches lit in every corner and what looked to be a bunch of drugs scattered on a table. If I had to guess, maybe horse tranquilizer and some weed + blow. Either way, how do I find out how to get traded from a team? Buffalo seems like they really know how to relax, enjoy hockey and themselves.

Task 7: (Written, 3 TPE)
One of the greatest things that professional sports bring to the world is the ability to improve lives. Whether it be the autographs, just playing the game, meet and greets or anything of the nature. Of course, another big thing they do is charity work or fire up fundraisers. This season, the SHL has made it their mission to give back to those who give to it and they picked the best time to do it. The SHL Challenge Cup finals! AND, both teams are going to be involved and they're going to be putting on something HUUUUUUUUGE (The DON). You've seen the amusement parks or festivals that always come to town? They got the rides, the sweet fucking food and all the other games you can play for stuffed ducks and pick horses with rainbow hair. Yep. They're throwing one of those.

Word on the street is that they're going to have some serious rides? You like fast? They got em. You like twisty, all-over-the-place, make your head spin kind of rides? They got em. Add that to 2 rollercoasters, a few drop rides, and other shit - damn. For food, everything including a cook-off tournament for local people and those who want to join. Corn Dogs, slushes, pizza, burgers, asian food - whatever. They got EM! And again, if you really want to win yourselves one of those pick rainbow haired ponies, you have that option as well. Free currently is $50 dollars for an individual day pass, $100 for the family (maximum of 5). It's a little pricey at first, but it also includes FULL day, FREE ride pass and one free food item for each participant on the ticket. Donations will be going to the mental health society etc.

Who is better? Who is going to take it all? Crazy shit has happened, but if you were on the outside looking in - OR, for a matter of fact, someone who didn't watch the game and only had stats with minimal knowledge - who could win? If you took a look at the regular season standings, you'd notice that standing wise and record wise - things are pretty even. The moment you find some form of separation is the fact that Buffalo's offense and company was really flying this year. They had way more goals and a much better goal differential. New Orleans has the better rated goalie, but in my opinion and basing it off an EXTREMELY quick glance, Buffalo may have the better roster.

Now when you skip forward to the playoffs, again, I'd say it's pretty close. Who deserves it more? Maybe New Orleans has a tougher roster. they did happen to go through LAP. Buffalo also had a better record in the playoffs heading into the series. Fortunately, New Orleans to the point had a little better offense and with that, it could really make the series interesting. At the end of the day, it's all about who turns on the jets more.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 10:34 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Task 1: 
After helping the Scarecrows win back to back 4 Star Cups, I made my debut in the SHL with the San Francisco Pride this season. With this being the 10 Anniversary for the Pride, I didn't want to disappoint the fans. Even though I consider myself a pass first type player, I finished the year with 7 goals and only 3 assists playing on the 3rd line. If I had to choose my favorite moment of my rookie season, it would have to be when I scored the first career SHG against the New Orleans Specters. It made the moment even better being against a team full of some of my former Scarecrows in the Specters. (Especially scoring against one of the best young goalies in the SHL Aleister Cain, who also happened to be one of those former teammates.) I am looking forward to having an even bigger impact next season. 

Task 3: 
1. When it comes to which GMs have the advantage in the SHL playoffs, I will always go with JKortesi81 if given the choice. IMO. he has proven how good of a GM he was in his time with the Scarecrows, In only his first seaon as GM in the SHL, he has proven he is one of the best GMs ever.

2. Aleister Cain has played incredible in his first full season in the SHL, it's hard to argue that the Specters would have made as big of an impact in its first season with the amazing play of Cain. In 44 games played, Cain had a record of 26-16-2 with 4 shutouts.

3. Selecting an All Star lineup for the SHL finals is something I always enjoy every season. Before making my selections this year I must admit it will be a biased selection with so many past teammates eligible.

G - Aleister Cain
D - Tatu Makela
D - Alexis Metzler
F - Joe Kurczewski
F - Nicholas Williams
F - Viktor Marius

4. When it comes to the young players in this series, 2 players come to mind as the future for both teams. Hippo Passamus of the Buffalo Stampede and Aleister Cain of the New Orleans Specters. Hippo had a strong rookie season with a very bright future, and Cain is already on his way to being one of the best goalies in the SHL. (@SlashACM  @Mayuu )

5. The SHL is pleased to announce that the next SHL All Star game will be taking place in the beautiful hockey town of Buffalo, New York. The fan support of the Stampede has never wavered for their team and that fan support has been deemed impressive enough to ge given this incredible honor.  

Task 5: 
The most shocking sight I've ever seen was the time I was visiting my former St. Louis Scarecrows teammates in New Orleans when I witnessed something I can really only describe as disgusting and weird. I arrived early to the arena planning to surprise them when I walked into the locker room and quickly realized I wasn't alone. (Although I was the only one wearing clothing.) The sight of @SlashACM with all that cheese was a sight that will haunt me until my dying days. The things he was doing with all that cheese and his private parts are things that nobody should do with any living creature. (Or even dead creature.) I tried to keep this whole thing a secret, but these types of things can never stay hidden for long before it comes to light. I never wanted this to get out, but the horrors that cheese endured was just too much.

Task 9: Here to breakdown this SHL Championship Final matchup is San Francisco Pride player Steven Moyer. Steven thanks for joining us, can you give us your insights into how this series shapes up in your mind?

Well, first I'm glad to be here rooting for some former teammates in New Orleans. While I am personally rooting for the Specters, I believe this series is going to be a very tough series to win and I expect that it will go the distance and will be determined by whichever team can pace themselves the best. Both teams have built themselves for this moment and have all the tools it takes to emerge victorious. Both have great goal tending, great defense, great offensive threats, great General Managers and coaches, the list keeps goes on. Regardless of the outcome, I truly believe whoever wins will have gone through war in this SHL Championship final. (But Go Specters!)

Task 14: sent

Code:
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your
players best and worst moments? What were your overall numbers? Did you meet your individual goals? What areas in your game were you happy with
and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.

Michael Fox's regular season was a step up from his rookie campaign that saw him post only 17 points in 50 games, nearly doubling that total in his second season to 33 points in as many games. Despite a slow start to the season, Fox was able to finish in the top 4 of team scoring for St Louis, who will be taking on Kelowna in the 4 Star Cup Finals soon. Fox had high expectations for himself and surely will be looking for another step forward next season, especially in the defensive department. With a +/- of -4 this season, Fox was notably disappointed in his play in the defensive zone, despite the offensive production he brought to the table. Despite being tied for first for assists by forwards on St Louis, Fox has also been seen working on his passing and watching game tape to try and create better scoring opportunities for his teammates. Look for Fox to have another break out season next season with St Louis.

Code:
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage
    in this series and why? 
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player
    and why? *tag that player*
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city
    did you decide should get this important league event and why?

1. New Orleans' JKortesi and TheDangaZone undoubtedly have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series. JKortesi came to New Orleans off of back-to-back Four Star Cup victories with St Louis. While he accomplished this with a dynamic forward duo in Nicolas Fleming and Ty Hoover alongside current Specters netminder Aleister Cain, JKortesi took more of a Pittsburgh Penguins style approach to line and tactics management: make it into the playoffs, then play matchups. JKortesi has proved season after season why he should be considered among the top GMs in the league in the SMJHL, and currently should be a part of that same conversation for the SHL. TheDangaZone's GM record is not quite as impressive as JKortesi's was, but his success is in the IIHF, riding a four-tournament Gold Medal streak with Team Ireland. Both of these GMs carry numerous seasons of success with them and are showing why New Orleans is and will be a threat for seasons to come.

2. Both Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain are in their first season of being a starting netminder in the SHL, however, due to one of the more ridiculous rules in the HSL, Aleister Cain is not a rookie while Cedric Robinson is. Despite this, their runs throughout the entire season have been impressive. If you look at the numbers, Cedric Robinson seems to stand out ahead of Cain with a record of 8-1-1 and a .925 save percentage. However, he has done this while having the league's second best defense in front of him. Aleister Cain has posted an 8-5-0 record in the postseason with a .916 save percentage in the playoffs while being behind a defense that, while not bad, is nowhere near as impressive as Buffalo's defense is. It is for this fact that the nod has to go to Cain. Regardless of who has had a more impressive run, this will be the third time we have seen Robinson v. Cain in a finals series, with Cain boasting the record that matters: 2-0 in finals series against Robinson.

4. New Orleans has only gone through one entry draft so far, but the talent they managed to grab in that draft was high. While some could say Michael Fox shows the most promise, most would probably have to give their vote to Jimmy @slothfacekilla Slothface. Despite seeing a dip in production from his rookie season, Slothface continues to be one of the hardest working individuals in the SMJHL and will absolutely be a threat to watch out for when he finally hits the SHL.

5. If the all-star game had to be between New Orleans and Buffalo, the nod would have to go New Orleans way. New Orleans, in their first season in the league, has garnered excitement that is near unparalleled by any other team to come into the league. Not to mention, New Orleans as a city has a reputation for being a very fun city to travel to, so why not bring the excitement of the SHL All-Star game down to New Orleans?

7. As much as we have already talked about him, the unsung player for New Orleans has been without a doubt Aleister Cain. Cain, a rookie, yes a rookie, has taken the league by storm with both his play on the ice and the conversation surrounding the SHL's controversial rookie ruling off the ice. Despite both, his regular season record of 26-16-2 and save percentage of .915 was enough to carry New Orleans to the 2nd spot in the conference, and this consistent play has continued into the postseason. Contrary to Robinson, Cain has yet to be yanked from a game this postseason, and Cain looks to continue his dominant presence in net as the series wears on.

Code:
You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do
a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well
as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

Heading into the finals, all eyes are on New Orleans, wondering whether or not they can finish off their storybook season with a Challenge Cup victory. However, they come into the series as the underdogs. Buffalo comes into the Challenge Cup Finals only having lost two games in the playoffs, one in each series they have played in. They boast the league's second rated defense and a rookie netminder who continues to impress with each game he plays. New Orleans, an expansion franchise in their first season, boasts a slightly more potent offense, but falls a little behind in terms of overall defense. Aleister Cain continues to show why he was the correct first overall pick in the expansion draft despite not putting up numbers like Robinson is. Playing behind a weaker defense and facing the likes of Los Angeles and Minnesota does have Cain heading into this series as the stronger goaltender, despite what the numbers are showing. New Orleans needs to get to Robinson fast and get into his head, and they need to not look back. It will be hard to come back against Buffalo, so they will need to get a jump start and keep on the pressure if they are going to win this series. 

Code:
There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event.
But first things first, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the
prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that
rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

New Orleans prospect Michael Fox may not have the time to be watching the SHL finals, as he is currently competing in the SMJHL Four Star Cup Finals with St Louis, but you know that he's keeping track of it and is doing everything in his power to help bring New Orleans back to another finals as soon as he gets called up. There aren't many prospects currently in the system that Fox looks to be battling with currently, but that could change in the upcoming entry draft. However, Fox knocked out another high profile Specters prospect in Jimmy Slothface. Fox's development has slowed as of late as Slothface has picked up his pace. Despite this, Fox is still highly regarded by Specters management and looks to crack the Specters roster after another season in the minors. Once Fox makes the opening night roster, expectations won't be too high initially, but the expectations for Fox in the ensuing seasons after getting used to the SHL pace of play compared to juniors. 

Code:

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my
personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the
task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo 
3. lkgvironeoi 
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

PM'd

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 09:34 PM by micool132.)

TASK 1:
Right now, I am heading to play game 7 of the SMJHL four star cup serie. We play the St-Louis scarecrows and I did well on a team oriented approach. The whole team reached respectable levels statistically and our collective effort paid off in season and in off season as well so far. My best moments were I reached at least 10 goals and 10 assists, managed to be in the top of the league for hits given, got good shootout results and my proudest moment is I fought some tough guys and never got knocked out. triyng to establish myself as the most brutal player in the league starts this way.

The area I fell short to is I did not manage to keep a good +/- rating. I think part of this was lack of production on the 5 on 5 and also being a bit too careless in the defensive zone. This is something I aim to improve for the next season.

Wannabefinn and Tomen are the best pair of GM in the league right now to me. They are competent in setting their tactics and I think they are involved a lot in the league which allows them to keep their players motivated and at their peak performance. Huge presence on discord to reach out even to palyers outside their organisation, I have a high opinion of their work in the SHL.

Aleister Cain I think came out as a big surprise being able to pick up wins where they were not really expected. Both goalies were good but Cain gave the edge to his team a bit more so far in my opinion as to the quality of the teams he faced in the playoffs.  I expect him to bring his game to a new level again in this serie and we should never count him out of a game when he's at the top of his performance level.

Easily New-Orleans. Newest team in the league, nice weather, awesome food, not a traditional market. This is what all star game is for, for everyone including fans and players. Players will enjoy the day with their families in New-Orleans and newer fans will get to see stars of the league put on a show for them to discover hockey. Buffalo is a nice city don't get me wrong, but the novelty of NO jsut can't be ignored by the league.

The most dangerous player will be Buffalo's Viktor Marius. The hit machine that is Marius can also score gigantic goals and lead the team in every aspect of the game

The second most dangerous palyer on the ice will be Tatu Makela. This Buffalo player can score points as well but he gets penalty minutes by the dozen. His indiscipline could be costly but it also tears down the opposition.

Joe Kurczewski will be the third most dangerous palyer in the serie, from New-Orleans. He his also a physical presence for his team and can get the job done for his teamates. These guys tend to up it in the playoffs and I expect nothing less than a clash of titans between these 3 guys in the most brutal way.

I think both coaches/gms are unsung heroes for their team. I mean they got talented players but not a lot of players tought these 2 teams could rank up as finalists this year. I think the asset management in regards to game preparation was huge since there were some tactics change for both teams that paid off during the season and the offseason. Big players are always expected to perform but when your whole team contributes I think coaching staff deserves some recognition.

Nathan Explosion was walking around Buffalo to spot some of his idols playing in the finals during one of his day off. It was a bit after Buffalo's practice where he met his Finland teamate on defense, Tatu Makela @WannabeFinn in the locker room. Explosion tried to sneak up on him to scare him but he noticed Makela was watching videos on his cellphone while still half naked on the bench.  Makela was watching some old SHL video sequences of defenseman Bojo Biscuit. Makela was saying ''damn he fucking bommed him'' as Biscuit was laying a gigantic hit on Toki Wartooth druing SMJHL S20. Makela was then heard saying ''he's so good'' four times and metionned he should try attending Bojo's defensecamp for superstars.  Explosion then slowly came behind the big finnish defenseman, whispered softly in his ears as he grabbed the SHL Finalist's stick '' boo''. Then Makela said you fucking idiot go back to Kelwona you have a game 7 to play.

'' Hi there Renaud, I think the underdog for this serie is New_Orleans. They are a new team made up from some pieces coming from around the league and based on the chemistry I feel Buffalo will have the advantage. I think NOLA stil lshould be considered a serious pretender of course since they reached the finals. I think what each team will need to do to go home with the trophy is remain disciplined. Obviously taking too many penalties will udnermine the momentum a team could cumulate but discipline also on where they focus their emotions. Both teams have big hitters and a player just trying to get recenge after a big hit is not always the smartest paly. On my side of this, of course I bleive brutality is the solution to a big hit but on a must win level it can be important to keep your cool and get revenge by scoring.''

History will be made. Joe Kurczewski and Viktor Marius go on a legendary streak of fighting each others every game, from game 1 to game 6 where each winner of the fight then sees his team win the game.  Serie is tied 3-3, meaning both players won 3 fights. Their eyes are black from the punches, their smiles are like swiss cheese and their knuckles are inflated from the bone crushing hits they landed. The league warned them that if they fought in game 7, they would be both ejected but fans from both team united and protested with over 3543 Tweets to the commish saying that if a player is ejected after the fight they would riot.  Game 7 starts, both players drop the gloves. The both knock each other with a single punch at the same time and hit the ice at the same time. They both leave the arena in ambulance. How will the game end??? No one knows.

P.S. I also did the unscramble words thing, I guess we had to do more to get 16 TPE"

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]