Create Account

S46 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2019, 08:11 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: wRBeJqx.png]

Championship week is here as the Buffalo Stampede take on the New Orleans Specters in the S46 Challenge Cup finals! The SHL is about to showcase its greatest individual event and you are apart of it with your contributions to this post! You will be paid in TPE which is earned by completing the tasks below. Each assignment will vary in TPE amount so please read each task carefully! You can earn up to '16' uncapped TPE . Feel free to do more than that, but you won't get the credit for anything over 16.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be done for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.

Code:
TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
HO has agreed to allocate money towards championship rings to the Challenge Cup winners and they are looking for help with the look and feel of these rings! Create a Championship ring for 1 of the teams involved in the series. This SHL championship sports ring should have the team name or logo on it, as well as the season number.

Code:
Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?
3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?
6. Who are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series and why?
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.

Code:
TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Design a signature for one of the teams in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup.. for the organization and its fans to use if they win the championship. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

Code:
Task 5: (Written, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

Code:
TASK 6: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
In an ode to those players who's offseason has been longer then others.. create an All Star starting lineup poster of players that did not make the playoffs. must include a title, renders, names and team logos. *must tag all players involved*

Code:
Task 7: (Written, 3 TPE)
The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

Code:
TASK 8: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Make a projection for your teams upcoming season based on your teams current situation. Graphic should include a title, team logo, a players and their render that represents your team and at least 2 bullets points of information on your teams upcoming S47 season.

Code:
Task 9: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

Code:
TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During this week-long event each team will do a lot of travelling. Both teams have their own plane and bus and HO has asked that both means of transportation receive a visual make over to draw attention to the championship series!.  Choose one of the teams planes or Busses and give it a Challenge cup series look!  Plane or Bus should have at minimum the teams logo, a player render and a reference to their entry into the series.

Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

Code:
TASK 12: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Izz.tv is covering the series and they are looking for a tale of the tape graphic to use during the games! Pick a player from each team that are lining up against each other and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S46. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least 4 statistics for each player.

Code:
Task 13: (Written, 3 TPE)
This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

Code:
TASK 14: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals.

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Code:
Task 15: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S46 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=94855

Additional Information:
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

'1' Welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Deadline: April 11 @10 PM EDT.
Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 12:03 PM by Deng.)

TASK 14
PM
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 08:06 AM by luke.)

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

My career this season tooks its next step. I joined the Manhattan Rage this offseason due to a trade and everything got better. This season my Goals remained the same, but my ice time increased, my assists got better, and it showed. My game got better as when I was struggling the most I simplified the game, I played hard but I made the easy passes. I got pucks to the net and set some of my teammates up. I worked hard day in and day out and work towards the goal you know. I gotta work hard around the boards and work on my edge game and start winning some games. This season I needed to work on playing as a team you know, I was trying to much myself and that showed in San Francisco. When I came to Manhattan I needed to get acclimated to a new team and a new line.

Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?
I would say Aliester Cain has been more impressive. Playing on a weaker team objectivly than Buffalo, Cain had to come in clutch multiple times during the series. having 2 games go into Overtime, Cain had to clutch up and make the important saves in order to keep the games close. After some bad losses, Cain has always bounced back and has actually shut out Minnesota's killer 1st line multiple times.

3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
Oisin Fletcher - Great player who comes into clutch during the Post Season
Oliver Konig - Another Great player who has a great career so far and has been doing great this post season
Viktor Marius - Another player who has gotten into their own with a versatile forward who can play both sides of the ice
Alexis Metzler - A great defenseman who can play two-way game
Adam Kaiser - A very older member who has brought his veteran precense.
Aliester Cain - A goalie of the future who has been great all season

4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
Aliester Cain for the New Orleans will be the next superstar Goalies @SlashACM  the one thing a team needs is a good goalie, and Cain will be that goalie for New Orleans. 20 season from now I see Cain having a majority of the New Orleans goalie records. He will be able guide New Orleans past this season and for the next 10 seasons and if he doesnt win this season then he will win sometime during his career.

The 3 most dangerous players on the ice would be
Oisin Flethcer - A deadly forward who can play anywhere on the ice
Aliester Cain - someone who can be stellar on the ice and make the key saves that will win the game
Adam Kaiser - A veteran who has brought his veteran presence to New Orleans who has became a great two way defense man that can play on all sides of the ice and can come in clutch

You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

Well, first of all, Buffalo is the favorites, they have it all to gain or lose. If they lose, they will be the team that lost the Championship to the 1st year expansion team. If they win this series then they will win their 1st challenge cup in their history. Buffalo has stellar goal-tending along with a shutdown defense and their offense have been on a hot streak as of late, kicking Manhattans Ass in the conference finals. New Orleans Specters is going into the finals with an underdog status, as an expansion team and with some peopel call them "Edmonton 2.0" a lot of their members are going back to the challenge cup finals for a 2nd time in 2 seasons. What New Orleans need to win the cup is to limit Buffalo shots and goals to an extent and work on getting pucks to the net, play a simple game. Its a team effort, they need to make passes simple and play hard on the board.

This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

The thing that will be on the minds of many is how NOLA went to the finals their 1st year of existence, with the GM's of TheDangaZone and Joe K, this team has turned from one that was looking to be a rebuild from the beginning, to a playoff contender right away. Combine that with some luck and a lot of skill as well as a good Goalie in Aliester Cain, this franchise is off to a great start. If they can win a cup in their 1st season thats what they will be remembered for a long time. On the flip side, if Buffalo wins the cup this will mark the history that Buffalo will win their 1st cup. After a record breaking regular season for Buffalo and after a couple of hard seasons, they might finally win a cup. At the end of this final, whatever happens, history will be made

Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals.

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

SENT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 08:25 AM by Leppish.)

For Geoff Moore, season 46 had plenty of ups and down, Moore's Defensive game became much improved over his last two seasons, being around the top of the league in +/- and putting up decent offensive numbers with 8 goals and 15 assists for a total of 23 points. Although Moore had higher expectations for himself, hoping for 10+ goals and at least 30 points, he was still satisfied with what he managed to put up this season. Moore isn't a very physical player, only recording 16 hits. But he makes up for the lack of physicality with his hockey IQ and defensive skill, with a solid 73 shots blocked this season, Moore was a huge part of Minnesotas blueline. In the Playoffs, Moores offensive production exploded, beginning their run with an 8 game point streak. And finishing with 3 goals, 13 assists for 16 points in 12 games played before being eliminated by New Orleans Specters in the Western Conference finals.

Code:

I'm gonna go with Robinson here, although both goalies have been good, Cedric has a small advantage in my opinion. Their stats are extremely similiar but i feel like the Specters are overall a stronger team that has given Aleister Cain a lot more support than what Buffalo has given Robinson. Cedric is still a youngster as well which makes it even more impressive how well he can keep his team in the lead no matter how badly they're playing in front of him.

Code:

F - Viktor Marius
F - Joe Kurczewski
F - Oisin Fletcher
D - GOD McZehrl
D - Tatu Makela
G - Cedric Robinson

I'd choose this lineup as it would provide a perfect combination of physicality, offensive talent and just pure skill. McZehrl and Makela holding the line while Marius, Joe K and Fletcher go out there, bang some bodies and put pucks in the nets. Easy winning team right there. Not to forget about Robinson, the young stud in net keeping the rubber disc out.

Code:
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?

New Orleans for sure, it's a great event to gain even more fans and popularity for the sport. Expansion team going to the finals in their first year is already a big boost but a huge event like the All-star game with the fan fests, skills competitions and all the other stuff will show people the fun things about hockey as well as the skill and hard work it takes for players to be in this league.

Code:

1. Oliver Konig, this guy can surprise you with his shot from anywhere on the ice, known more as a playmaker, Konig has a sneakily good shot.
2. Joe Kurczewski, the veteran who can do it all, you always have to be cautious when he's on the ice. Excellent IQ and can make plays out of nothing.
3. Xavier Paquette, the lesser-known youngster can really play. He's someone who has gone under the radar but is putting up points like a star player.

Alright, so i'm gonna go and say that i think Buffalo Stampede are the underdogs as they are facing the team that beat us Minny boys in the conference finals, the New Orleans Specters, they're just too good man, too good. They came out swinging and it was a tough series, they're the team to beat absolutely. Now i think as long as they can stay consistent and "Swiss Cheese" Cain doesn't falter they should do well. Now Buffalo is stacked, i mean more stacked than fort knox amirite? Frigging McZehrl, Makela, Marius and all the others. Now Buffalo needs to tighten up in many places still, Specters can surprise you real quickly with those lines, man feels like they have a superstar on each forward line, Pretty ridiculous amirite? Oh but yeah, as long as they play tight, hard and don't open their holes they should compete with the Specters, it's going to be tough but i think the Stampede can pull it off here.

In a typical hockey ad fashion it starts with cuts to the teams arenas, fans cheering and the players stepping on the ice with some dramatic music in the background. Then fades to black as the narrators begins: History will be made this spring, as the mysterious Nawlins bayouy comes to life, as the Specters emerge from the gator invested murky waters, and rise up to take on the Buffalo stampede in a historical meeting. First year franchise New Orleans and Joe Kurzcewski go head to head against Viktor Marius and the furious Buffalo stampede. In what is to be an epic winner take all 7 game series. Witness the excitement *insert goal call here*, the drama! *sad goalie lundqvisting* and the glory! *clip of previous cup winners hoisting the cup* Get ready for the finals matchup of a lifetime, New Orleans versus Buffalo Stampede, game one, this weekend. Live on Bayousports.tv or get your tickets at Ticketblaster.com!

PM Sent

Total TPE = 16

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 09:29 AM by GCool.)

Overall, the Anaheim Outlaws' season was a much more successful one than last year's. Finishing 3rd in the league - in spite of a 1st-round exit at the hands of the Montreal Militia - the Outlaws certainly turned a corner when it came to team chemistry. A lot of the inaugural draft class returned to the team, Jerry Mander being one of three Minnesota prospects that played for Anaheim in S46. Mander finished 4th on the team in scoring with 17 goals and 15 assists. He led the team in +/- with +5, and he led the team in hits (a franchise record 127). His play was fairly consistent all year, and although he could have been out on the ice a little longer to feel completely satisfied, it was a productive year all around. The main issue was being just short of multiple milestones. My individual goals were pretty much met; I said that I wanted to break 30 points and improve at least that much from 23 points last season. I did just that and in much less playing time. I knew that my build would be a little sketchy from a synergy perspective because of my disparity in PA/SC, but it ended up working out just fine. I think next year shows a lot of promise (provided I'm still down)!
Words: 221

Task 3: (Written, 1 TPE)
Oh jeez, why is this even a question? It's gotta be New Orleans. The weather and attractions alone make it an all-around better-suited place for an All Star Game / Weekend. You couldn't pay me to go up to Buffalo and enjoy it. New Orleans just got the new franchise and they just made the Challenge Cup in their inaugural season; between that and what I just mentioned, it's a no-brainer. Let's all go to Bourbon St and have some fun!
Words: 80

One of the best things to get everyone involved in a charity event would be a Pro-Am gaming or golf tournament. That way, everybody from the Challenge Cup teams and non-playoff teams alike could enjoy some quality time with one another as well as the fans. The theme and cause from me, quite obviously, would be testicular cancer awareness - reminding every man out there to protect their balls. Some guest speakers like the SHL greats of yesteryear would come speak, and the marquee events would be gaming and/or golf tournaments streamed live for the SHL fans at home. Fans could donate in real time (vis a vis the Games Done Quick charity event series) and meet certain incentives that would cause, for example, @WannabeFinn to eat an entire leather shoe on stage or @Avakael balance a golf ball and tee between his teeth for a pro to drive off of it should $1M be reached. I really think the entire league would be happy to see something like that happen and, thus, a lot of money would be raised!
Words: 180

I really think the favorite in this series is the Buffalo Stampede. On paper, these teams aren't "identical" per se but they've been putting away contenders from each conference with relative ease. They both look like they're playing on another level right now. What it really comes down to, ultimately, is intangibles and experience. The Buffalo squad has been around for a while, and most of these players have been playing with each other since they entered the league. The acquisition of forward Brock Becker right at the deadline added some much-needed depth to the Stampede, and it shows. I think they're playing on another level right now and they're going to win this series with depth and chemistry. That said, you can't sleep on the Specters like everyone has to this point. I know they're an expansion team but they drafted strong and they're ready to go. They're going to have to rely on their young goalie, Aleister Cain, to keep them in games in which the offense fails to produce anything (which has happened this playoffs to them). If Eastwood and Physt keep it up defensively, they could easily win 4 against Buffalo.
Words: 195

Jerry Mander was just drafted last season by the Minnesota Chiefs. He was their 2nd pick of the 1st round, which was a huge honor for me. I was drafted in the first round by the Anaheim Outlaws, but I wasn't shining as brightly as some of the newcomers in what was the largest draft in the league's history. As a power forward, my job is to find chemistry with whoever the Chiefs management decides to put me with. I certainly won't be guaranteed that many minutes early on in my career, so I'll have to make the most of them. That likely means being more of a defensive forward than a domineering power forward. After all, I don't want to spend most of my limited time in the box. I took very little money from Minnesota for this year and next, so we'll see what the contract re-negotiation is like around this time next season! That might give me a better idea as to what the organization expects from me. From my perspective, though, I want to be efficient on the ice and limit penalties while maintaining my physical presence on the ice. I want to be able to support my other Anaheim call-ups as well, since we have experience playing together.
Words: 213

TASK 14: PM Sent.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 08:49 AM by Mavfatha.)

PBE PT for Welfare Claim

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

Gotze was expected to be one of the leaders of the Wolfpack this past season, especially in the wake of superstar Tigole Bitties shifting back to handle more defensive responsibilities. Unfortunately, things didn't quite play out that way for himself or most of the team really, as Bitties and fellow defenseman Sami Owens had to lead the team in scoring while myself and a few other forwards couldn't keep up the pace. It was nice to dish out more punishment than anyone else on the team, and I'm sure Gotze was helpful on the defense side of things overall, but looking at the stat sheet is pretty frustrating - only 6% shooting, no power play goals despite plenty of chances, and no game tying goals. He did have some few strong games in earning 2 each of first/second/third star awards, but really he needs to pick things up going forward and become more of a leader on the ice to give the Pack a fighting chance.

Buffalo has got to be the favorite going into this series. They put up some impressive season numbers in a tougher conference, leading the entire league in regular season points and having a strong 33 goal differential. New Orleans was a bit stronger on defense but overall had to deal with weaker competition to get here, though they are still of course an impressive story after going from expansion draft to the Finals right away. Between that and actually being an expansion team, it's pretty clear to me that NO is the underdog, especially after Buffalo literally stampeded through their first two playoff rounds. I think the series comes down to which well-rounded team can put it all together at this important time. Unlike a team like Minnesota that relied heavily on an amazing first line, these two squads have a lot of depth, so squeezing goals out no matter who is on the ice will be a key factor towards winning it all.

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Sent

Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

Hard to argue with the results of either group since they are both here in the finals, but I'm gonna go with NO. Joe and TDZ are both fierce competitors and top-quality people that I have had more experience with in other leagues than the Buffalo group, and to have gotten here as an expansion team sure shows a lot.

Cain was already something of a known quantity going into this season, and he certainly performed well all the way through. However, Robinson showing this level of success in the postseason as a rookie is nothing short of amazing, and he just did a great job of keeping the puck out of the net with his 2.68 GAA.

Joe Kurczewski and Oisin Fletcher are two awesome people and players, and I'd be honored to have them on this squad after their stellar postseason performances in being overall points leaders. Our third forward would be Oliver Konig for that goal scoring punch compared to the first two with more assists. The tag team of GOD McZehrl and Alexis Metzler from Buffalo can add an additional offensive component to the team along with some more hits from Metzler. Finally, Cedric has to be in goal after everything nice I said about him already.

Osbert Whacker @BWIII has the potential to be a top line defenseman for New Orleans somewhere down the line. He's reached the cap as a S46 SMJHL player and based on my experience with him in other leagues I know he's capable of big things. He was one of the top point scorers for Anaheim last season and I expect the same until he gets called up to the big time.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 04:06 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Collin Gibbles sophomore season was definitely an interesting one. After last year's focus on racking up assists, this season turned out to be the goal scoring season. This was unexpected due to my prioritization of Passing and Skating over Scoring when building up to the cap. Overall I only increased by 5 points for the second season for a total of 34. 18 goals was double the amount from last season and I managed to have the 2nd best shooting percentage in the league. Sadly my 16 assists were down from the previous season's 20. I started the season off hot and production seemed to slow down after halfway through the season. I was hoping to try and make a ppg pace but only a handful of players in the league made that pace. I was happy to see my penalty minutes go from 20 down to 2 with a focus on discipline. I wish I could have gotten 0 but I definitely reduced my liability to the team's play. I was also happy to lead the league in game tying goals with 4. I think I became a more well rounded player and as the team builds itself up I will only produce more.

I would choose next season's All-Star Game to be hosted in New Orleans. Regardless of if the Spectres win the Challenge Cup, they have put on  an impressive inaugural season that feels deserving of praise. New Orleans is also a great city with a unique feel that would be a good host to the diverse personalities that make up the SHL.

The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaborate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

As the league has chosen me to plan the S46 Challenge Cup Charity Event, I would choose to give back to the hockey community. This would be accomplished in a few ways. I would have the two final teams host open camps for kids interested in the sport in both their own community and the opposing community. I would also have a silent auction for game worn finals gear for fans with all proceeds going towards the SHL's Little Skaters a new charity for providing under privileged youth the chance to learn the game. I would also hold chuck a puck contests at each game to help raise additional funds. The final initiative I would put in place for the Charity event would be a live streamed marathon variety show as was presented many decades ago. This would showcase the different talents each player in the finals has outside of their natural athletic ability. I would host the show and give fans opportunities to meet their favorite players and interact.

There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that youll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

This was my first season after being drafted by the Minnesota Chiefs. The team recently has lacked active roster players due to the expansion and free agency. I was not called up this season but based on talks with the team GM there is the potential to be called up next season. Most of the draft picks from previous drafts will be getting the nod for the next season. I am fine with this decision as it gives me and my two fellow Outlaws who were also drafted by Minnesota a chance to further develop and mentor the younger players down in Anaheim. We have just started to field a competitive team in the regular season and with added depth from the following season we have a decent chance at making a good run at the 4 Star Cup next season. I hope to be called up to Minny after 2 more seasons in Juniors at the most. I think by that point I will have stopped developing as prominently in the SMJHL. I hope to come into my Rookie season for the Chiefs with guns blazing and make an attempt at the rookie scoring title, which I barely missed in the SMJHL. 

This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing story lines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

"Fade into a shot of Bourbon Street with fans glued to a Spectres Conference Final Game. The bars are packed and all eyes in the room are glued to the screen"

Cheers erupt as Aleister Cain makes a desperation save on Minnesota's Bobby Watson.

The final minutes of the last game tick by as the Spectres capture their spot in the Challenge Cup Finals.

"The bars are thrown into a frenzy as patrons adorned with Spectres gear parade down the street cheering for their team."

The screen fades to black as clips of several sports analysts are shown with common theme.

"Why should New Orlean's even have a hockey team?"

"Do they even know what snow is?"

"Their just taking a team away from a worthy hockey market like Quebec or Saskatoon."

Criticism after criticism, comment after comment float by the screen.

Suddenly it cuts to footage of the Spectres scoring goals, landing big hits, and the packed home stadium. Legions of faithful fans around the city are shown sporting Spectres swag. It cuts to a quiet locker room as the Spectres finish dressing for their first playoff game.

The screen fades to black as a purple glow begins to come into focus.

"For a market so many rejected, greatness has risen. HISTORY WILL BE MADE."

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakojolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaa

Message Sent

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2019, 02:54 PM by Weretarantula.)

I feel like I fell short in the playoffs to be honest. I was really hoping to get to being a point per game player, and it just didn't quite come off. Managed to get to zero point six four, or seven points out of eleven games. It wasn't too bad really, but when you set these goals for yourself and you don't hit them, it's frustrating. I did manage to provide a whole heap of assists for the season which was nice, considering as I'm a pass first player. All in all, I don't really know if this season was better or worse than my previous one. If anything it was kind of the same to be honest. Taking St Louis to game 6 was nice too, I was really hoping we could stop them from being in contention for the threepeat. Actually thinking about it this season was better than the last, considering where we ended up in the standings.
[162 Words]

3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain a little about your selections.
The two defenseman I would select would be Alexis Metzler and Tatu Makela from Buffalo. Not only do they have a huge amount of hits and points, but keeping teammate chemistry on the blue line is something I think is super important. Forwards are a little more complex, so I'd go with Kevin Hamilton from Buffalo and Oisin Fletcher and Joe Kurczewski from New Orleans. There's a nice distribution of assists and scoring among them. Finally I'd choose Cedric Robinson from Buffalo in goal, as Slash is the WJC guy that oppresses me daily. [94 Words]

Easy choice: Kalevi Karhunen @Lynxfire
Not only is he an upstanding guy, but he is also a TPE monster, snapping up every point he can find from what I've witnessed. I would have loved to see him become a Dragon, but he got snapped up by Buffalo first. The Stampede are going to love this guy on their blue line for years to come and I know I look forward to facing him whenever we meet. Dunno what line he will be on when he goes up though. [88 Words]

I think this is another easy choice, and I feel it should be New Orleans. It's a new franchise, it's team is doing amazingly well in it's first season, and it has the support of the city. If they manage to bring the cup home, it will only endear their new fans to them further. Buffalo has most likely hosted this event in the past too, so I'm more than happy to let the new guys have it. [78 Words]

First answer: Oisin Fletcher. One of the deadliest snipers this season and has kept his tally up in the playoffs. A shoe in and could end up being the MVP of the playoffs.
Second answer: TJ Bayley. Same reasons as Fletcher really, both of these two are volatile and can score from a variety of opportunities. Defensemen make it their priority to shut these guys down and there's a good reason for that.
Third answer: Cedric Robinson. The guy is a monster in net. NOLA are going to need to put a ton of shots at him, because he is going to be at the peak of his game here. [110 Words]
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.
I'm going to go with Kevin Hamilton here. TJ has been a shining star for Buffalo, but Kevin has been racking up the assists and hits, doing the dirty work for his team whilst the other guys on the ice have been getting the goals.Same amount of hits as Victor Marius (47) and same amount of assists as Tatu Makela (8). More shots than TJ at 43 versus 39 too. [70 Words]

Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

Well it was kind of weird but here we go...
I walked into New Orleans' locker room and they were performing some kind of ritual. I don't know if it was a pregame winning ritual or something, but it was god damn strange regardless. I don't wanna call it voodoo because I don't know if it was, but it resembled everything I know about it. All the players were sat around in the dark, in a circle not saying anything, around the Specter logo they had placed on the floor. The only reason I could see that is because @JKortesi81 was wearing a giant headress which had lit firesticks on the outside of it. There was an odd black goo foaming from his mouth as he shook his shoulders and hips violently. All of the players started to hum to themselves in their lowest possible pitches. I'm not gonna lie, I was almost entranced by this stage. But then @CptSquall jumped up and spun around to look me directly in the face. I couldn't tell because of the low light, but I could have swore I saw his face covered in blood. You better believe I ran out of there as fast as I could. [205 Words]

The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

I chose the Rainbow Hockey Allegiance to donate the funds from the event to. Hockey is an inclusive game and should rightfully involve everyone. With that in mind, I decided that the event should be hosted in New Orleans itself when the teams meet there for the series. Why not go to Mardi Gras central? We decided we would hire all of the bars on the main strip, and managed to convince the Mayor to have a giant rainbow painted on the road itself. We then shipped in as much alcohol free beer for the players as we could from Belgium, so that they could be involved in the festival itself. We had two giant confetti pinata hung over the road (one of a buffalo and the other of a spirit), and invited the public to whack away with provided "extendo bats" so they could reach it (we couldn't just place them in the center of the road).
The Mayor decided it would also be a good idea to host a giant shinny tournament on said road, except with the players put against stacked junior teams. 5 peewee kids against 1 professional player. The results were pretty hilarious, and the kids actually did pretty well! [205 Words]

It's the largest event in the calendar year for hockey! The Buffalo Stampede are going up against the New Orleans Specters in a showdown of the new kids on the block versus the old guard of the SHL. Will we see the shiny new boys overcome the beasts of old to be the champions? Or will the Stampede overrun them and ruin their day? History will be made! Be there or tune in as the newest SHL franchise tries to do the unimaginable and win the cup in their very first season, the odds couldn't have been higher for them! It's East versus West in this classic showdown to win the cup! Featuring some of the biggest names in the game like: Oisin Fletcher! Tatu Makela! Roman Augustus! Alexis Metzler!
If you can't be lucky enough to be at the games have no fear! We will have all the action live right here on your local television network! No buffering! Only some adverts every 5 minutes! And always remember it's always the best to pay for your sports instead of streaming them illegally! [183 Words]

Task 14 Message Sent

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 02:58 PM by Tomen.)

As for Alexander he knew his role going into this season which was cap relief actually. He was on a very cheap and team friendly contract that helped Buffalo keep their very good roster. So he knew he wouldn't get a lot of ice time and probably not see much success which would kill his rookie of the year chances. So his journey began this season. He was still able to score 2 goals in his rookie season before he was relegated to the role of a benchwarmer after the Stampede made a trade deadline deal to increase their chances for a Cup run with acquiring Brock Becker from the eastern conference team New England Wolfpack. Alex was called into his father's office and was immediately told about the situation that Becker will take his spot in the line up and he would be mostly a benchwarmer. His father again told him how important it is to be a teamplayer in the sport of hockey and ultimately Alexander was rewarded by hoisting the Challenge Cup this season with Buffalo as a rookie.

TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
HO has agreed to allocate money towards championship rings to the Challenge Cup winners and they are looking for help with the look and feel of these rings! Create a Championship ring for 1 of the teams involved in the series. This SHL championship sports ring should have the team name or logo on it, as well as the season number.

NSFL PT

Code:

I am definitely biased here so I will say the Buffalo GM duo has a very slight edge in this series which is virtually a coin flip since both teams have about a 50% chance to win this series. In the end it will just by decided by who was able to get hotter in 4 games. The New Orleans GM duo have proved themselves in the SMJHL with a lop of great success and I think having learned under one of the greatest SHL GM's ever who is Esa they will field a very good lineup which can exploit Buffalo's weakness.

@hhh81 he will be another great Defender that Buffalo seems to produce every 5 seasons or so. The time spent in Colorado will have prepared him for the SHL game and he will slowly work his way up the Stampede lineup as Metzler and Walker regress and become shadows of their former selfs. Expect Darrow to win quite a few Awards in his career.

@slothfacekilla I am going with the easy choice here. The most talented prospect in the Specters prospect pool. He should be able to make the jump fairly soon because of Horvat's retirement and will find himself in a top 6 spot rather quick and become a cornerstone of the Specters franchise

Even though I am biased towards Buffalo I still choose New Orleans because it just makes sense. The city is known for their hospitality and the uniqueness. It's also a new SHL franchise so it would be a great opportunity to expose the New Orleans population to SHL hockey and their hometown favorites from the Specters team.
I think that's Buffalo's TJ Bayley who is leading his team in goals so far and proved to be a deadly scorer in the post season.
The Specters DeMaricus Smyth is also someone that people should look out for as he scored the most Specters goal so far in this offseason.
My last choice goes to Buffalo's Oliver König who had a nice playoff run setting up his Stampede teammates but sadly was rather unlucky so far in scoring goals but who knows that might change.

That's TJ Bayley for me the rather quiet top 6 forward for Buffalo he was able to score 10 goals in 17 games for the Stampede. In these 10 games are 2 game winners as well as 1 game tying goal included. Bayley was also selected as the first star for 2 games and as the second star in 2 other games.

Code:

Honestly this series has no real favorite and underdog in my opinion. They face up against each other fairly well while one time will have to rely more on their top 6 Forwards and Top 4 Defenders while the other has to rely on their amazing Center depth this should be an exciting and very close series. I can definitely see this series going to Game 7 which would be a treat to all the hockey fans. You have the top heavy Buffalo Stampede that showed great defensive play in this whole season to make the job of rookie goalie Cedric Robinson easier. The same can be said about the New Orleans Specter even though they weren't as explosive offensively. The Specters are known for very tight games while the style of the Stampede allows for some explosive games. Tj Bayley seems really hot this playoffs for the Stampede while DMS for New Orleans also had a great run so far.

Code:
There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

Code:

History Will Be Made: The New Orleans Specters of the most recent SHL expansion face the Buffalo Stampede a team from the 2nd most recent SHL expansion from S25. The managers Joe K and WBF faced off against each other in the SMJHL Finals before as the GM's of the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Detroit Falcons which will make this a revenge match for these two. Additionally it's the Stampede's first trip past the Eastern Conference Finals. The goaltenders Alister Cain and Cedric Robinson face each other again after countless SMJHL battles in which Cain took home the Cup but Robinson took home all the individual trophies will this finally change? Quite a few members of these teams hate each other from the Detroit vs St. Louis rivalry present in the SMJHL so this may make it extra heated and we can expect some great intense playoff hockey to take this rivalry to the next level.

Code:

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Done

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 09:31 PM by MCP_.)

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did... what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

Jøln DuBølk had a great sophomore season in the SMJHL. While he only tallied two goals, he served up 29 assists (highest in Lethbridge, 4th highest in the league). This explosion landed DuBølk as the 9th best defenseman in terms of point production. He also improved his +/-, with a +16 rating (2nd highest on the team, and a three-way tie for 5th best in the league). He also put up respectable numbers for hits (87) and shots blocked (42).

As for drawbacks to his game, his main problem is that he spends a lot of time in the penalty box. He served 90 total penalty minutes, good for second worst behind teammate Jay Boom'Boom. Discipline would have to be something for DuBølk to consider this offseason.

As for my goals for the season... it was a goal to get my hits up, which worked out well. I also wanted to play more of an offensive role, which passing did the job perfectly. All in all, a very good season.

Mr. Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine) of the Buffalo Stampede. If his rookie season in the SMJHL and 3rd overall status don't clue you in as to how successful this guy will be, you will be sorely mistaken. While he has been the main contributor of the Lethbridge Lions, he has also been the heart and soul of the team as well, encouraging updates and being just a very friendly guy.

What I saw that night wasn't what I was expecting.

As Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine) and I entered the locker room to announce the starting lineup for the Buffalo Stampede, we began to sense a feeling of uneasiness. We opened the door.

Inside the locker room, the lights were off. The only light came from candles in the shape of a pentagram in the middle of the floor, the Stampede logo in the center. All of the players, coaches, GM's: everyone stood in a circle in brown robes around the pentagram. As Luffy and I entered the room, they all turned to us. A voice, which I believed to be Tatu Mäkelä (@WannabeFinn), then commanded:

"Tell us of the men who will put an end to the menace"

After some confusion, we realized he meant they wanted the starting lineup. After announcing said lineup, there was a collective "Huzzah!" and dismissed us

You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why, as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

Hello to everyone at home! We at the studio were discussing who was the favorite and the underdog of this Challenge Cup series, and I gotta say: can there just be not any underdog this series? Both of these teams have plenty of reasons why they have an advantage over the other. 

Offensively, it would go to the Stampede: 2nd best power play unit, 3rd most shots, 4th highest goals; lots of good things in the enemy territory. Defensively, it goes to the Specters: Best penalty kill unit, lowest goals against and fairly low shots against. In the faceoff circle and in taking penalties, they are about middle of the road. To me, the winner will probably be determined if the New Orleans defense can hold that line against Buffalo's offense; can they shut them down completely? For me, that will be a resounding no. So, by that logic, Buffalo would be my favorite going into this series. However, I would not call New Orleans an underdog by any stretch of the imagination.

There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

Very simply, I can come up as soon as next season due to the fact that there is very little defensive depth on the back end. The only person I would be "competing" with would be Aaron Freaking Rome, an inactive player. However, I am staying on Lethbridge on my own accord. The reason? I want to win a Four Star Cup before heading to the big leagues. 

As for my rookie season, which would be closer to Season 50... I'm not sure how it will go. I definitely do expect to do well, but I'm not sure if I would be the top rookie of the season, due to my player's physical nature and the fact that he doesn't put up goals like other defensemen. I would be entering a great team, playing with fellow draftees Matt Kholin and Olivier Cloutier, which would be the icing on top of the cake. 

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Message Sent

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 11:32 AM by Yurt6.)

Task 1: + 3
For Reginald Rove this year was truly what could be described in a manner of ways.  Whether you want to call it a breakthrough season, a return to form, an arrival to stardom, or something else entirely, one thing is for certain: the kid had himself a year.  Reginald Rove scored 50 points on the season, which in his six full SHL seasons, was only the second time the Rage left winger has scored over 40 points in a season.   On top of this, for the first time in his career, Rove had himself a positive plus minus.  Yes you're reading that right, until this season he had been negative for his entire career.  What's more, Rove finally accomplished a dream of his - helping to take a team to the SHL playoffs.  While some doubted this squad's potential, Rove helped carry the team to an impressive performance in both the regular season and the playoffs.  While they lost 4-1 in the playoff semifinals, many didn't even expect the Rage to make it that far, so I definitely count this season as a positive despite the disappointment.  The only part of the season that brought any dissatisfaction was of course not winning the championship, but there's always next season, and word off the street is that the Rage are building towards something impressive.

222 words

Task 3: + 3
1. I’m not necessarily an expert on the topic, but as far as I can tell I’d have to give the edge to the GM’s of the Buffalo Stampede.  While within an, admittedly extremely small, sample size, the Stampede were not able to beat the Specters in both games they’ve played,  and over the course of those two games the Specters only gave up two goals to Buffalo, on the season Buffalo has a better mark.  They played some of the stingiest defense in the league, giving up only 139 goals (2nd best behind NOLA, who gave up 135).  The difference here is the offense.  Buffalo scored 172 goals, good enough for 3rd in the league, while the Specters only scored 148, putting them down in 9th.  By crafting an equally effective offense and defense, the edge goes to Buffalo.

2. Unfortunately the playoff index is down, so I’m going to have to base this decision on the regular season.  It is astounding just how close these two were in terms of stats.  Robinson went 24-12-7, with a save percentage of .911 and a goals averaged against of 2.61.  Cain went 26-16-2, with a slightly better .915 save percentage, as well as a slightly better 2.49 goals averaged against.  However the question was most impressive, and for that I’d have to give it to Robinson, on account of him being a rookie this year.  Truly outstanding year for him.

5. Regardless of who wins the finals, I think there is a pretty clear choice between New Orleans and Buffalo for hosting any type of league event, especially the all star game.  New Orleans is a destination.  It’s a city that people go to on vacation normally, even if there isn’t a specific event happening there.  Buffalo on the other hand is no such place.  Not to mention the all star game is held in the winter, so who knows if people will even be able to fly in for it.  New Orleans all the way for sure.

Task 5: + 3
My tale isn’t like most.  It doesn’t involve a player or coach of either team.  However, what happened can only be described as a truly shocking visual that left me stunned, and I’m certain it will send shockwaves throughout the league.  First you might ask why I was in the locker room.  Without getting too far into detail, lets just say I have a clause in my contract that relies on my KGB talents to scope out the other teams.  What can I say, JY is a cold and calculating guy.  So I was in there gathering my…. intel, when I hear some noises coming from the corner of the locker room.  So I slowly creep up to try and get an eye on what’s happening, and BAM! That’s when I see it: The mascot of the New Orleans Specters, Mr. Specter, doing rails of some kind of white powder off of one of the horns of the mascot of the Buffalo Stampede.  When asked what they were doing, they said, “it’s not what it looks like, we are just snorting some all purpose flour.”  I didn’t believe them so I demanded to try some, as if it was flour surely they’d have no qualms giving me some.  So they did, and to my surprise it wasn’t flour but…… sugar! Mascots are a weird breed.

225 words

Task 14: + 3
Sent.

Welfare Claim: PBE PT 9-5 + 3

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 07:37 AM by Acsolap.)

Task 1: (3)

For the first time in my short SHL career I'll be watching the Challenge Cup final from the sidelines. In both my first two seasons West Kendall made it all the way to the finals only to fall short so it was an even more bitter pill to swallow when this season we didn't make the playoffs at all. The season itself was a little disappointing on a personal level as well. Despite graduating to the first pairing with stalwart Ludwig Koch Shroeder as my partner and finally being added to the Power Play unit I struggled to put up many points in the first forty games of the season and was on track to have career low points. However after working heavily on my conditioning I put up twelve points in the last ten games and despite not qualifying for the playoffs I at least gave myself a spring board to come into next season hot and hopefully help a retooled Platoon get back to where we belong.

Task 3: (4)

1. While JoeK has a wealth of experience at the SMJHL level and has had recent success with the St Louis Scarecrows by winning back to back titles I feel this one tilts in favor of the Buffalo pair. Buffalo has been somewhat of a meme recently but Tomen and WBF have been slowly building towards a meaningful championship run and now that they are in the finals I expect them to do the business.

3. The team I have chosen is not only a threat on the score sheet but also plays a good hard physical brand of Hockey meaning that the other team is constantly under pressure and does not have time to think about playing the puck. A good forecheck leads to dangerous turn overs and this team has the capacity to make teams pay for those mistakes.
F- Viktor Marius
F- Roman Augustus
F- Joe Kurczewski
D- Tatu Makela
D- Alexis Metzler
G- Cedric Robinson

4. Hippo Passumus @Mayuu is undoubtedly the future for Buffalo. His draft class teammate Cedric Robinson is also a decent prospect but Passumus has shown a rare dedication off of the ice and is well on track to join the elite earners of the game. He may be slightly overlooked due to the stacked nature of the Buffalo roster or the fact that he stayed down in the juniors for four seasons but I would expect him to have one of the great SHL careers.

6. Oliver Konig, Viktor Marius and Joe Kurczewski. Konig is a no brainer. No one else has as many goals in the playoffs so far as the Buffalo center and if given the opportunity he will punish any lax defending. Marius had an amazing regular season and while he hasn't been scoring at the same rate in the post season he combines a still decent rate of scoring with a vicious tendency to take the body. If he catches you with your head down watch out. Joe K is basically an essential in this list. He's been there and done that winning it last season with Winnipeg and he always brings the A game scoring and hitting at an incredibly consistent rate.

Task 5: (3)

Unfortunately my team didn't make the playoffs this season so I was forced to watch rink side. After the first game of the series I got permission to head down into the locker rooms and visit a few of my old team mates in Aleister Cain @SlashACM and Sean Stevenson Jr @Obsidian311. I was excited to catch up with them as it had been a while since we had seen each other but as I pushed open the door to the Spectres locker room I was confronted by the sight of a naked Cain perched upon a table in the middle of the room. He was crouched over and slapping pieces of pre cut swiss cheese all over his body while yelling 'WHOS SWISS CHEESE NOW MOTHERFUCKER?' while staring intently at a picture of Cedric Robinson @grok. Stevenson quickly grabbed me by the arm and ushered me out of the room mumbling something about heading to the bar to get a beer and that it was all a misunderstanding but I know what I saw.

Task 9: (3)

I think this will be one of the most tightly fought series in many seasons. Both franchises will be playing for their first ever cup but the similarity in their stories more or less ends there. The Spectres are the new boys on the block, being only one season old it is a phenomenal achievement to even make the playoffs let alone the finals series. It goes to show you what smart drafting and an aggressive free agent policy can do for you. I think New Orleans is still the underdog in this series but if Fletcher, Kurczewski, Augustus and Cain play well then they have more than a fair chance of creating an upset. At the other end of the rink you have Buffalo. Once an expansion franchise themselves they can only dream of New Orleans quick rise to prominence. The Stampede despite having one of the best rosters in the league have vastly under performed in recent seasons and in fact had only one series win under their belt before this playoffs. I do think that they will have too much depth for the Spectres though and if Marius hits his stride it could be over quickly.

Task 14: (3) PM sent.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 06:58 PM by NJBadApple.)

After four professional seasons, it finally feels like Noah Konn is becoming an effective player on the ice. Overall, I think all my my specific goals were reached. Once again, I set career high's in all scoring categories. This includes 14 goals, 18 assists for a total of 32 points. Furthermore, the progress with my checking game really came into focus... jumping to 157 from the 140 total from last season. As far as memberable moments, I don't think there were any in particular. I think there was a 2-goal game at one point which is pretty big for a player at this stage.

Next season I'm hoping to remain on the first line for the Renegades, something I slowly graduated to over the course of this season. More specifically, I'd like to see 40 points, 20+ goals and around 170 hits on the season... although if I can maintain 150-160 over the course of my career, I'd call it a success.

Code:
Words: 162

TASK 8: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
[Image: TASK8.jpg]

Thanks for having me on the program! Well, I really don't believe there's a clear cut favorite in this SMJHL finals. Here we showcase two teams that excel at both of their respective games and are both a tier above the rest of the pack. The St. Louis Scarecrows will ice one of the most prolific offensive corps in the league, if not in recent memory. They have 9, yes, 9 capped forwards that will rain a parade of pucks on net each game without hesitation or effort. The Kelowna Knights, on the other hand, hold the top defensive squad in the entire league.

I firmly hold belief that this series will boil down to the Knight's defensive corps can withstand the barrage that the Scarecrows will bestow upon them. Each team also has a respectable goaltender between the pipes, so both sides will have to be on top of their game.

Code:
Words: 152

Sent

Task 15: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
1 man podcast - 7 minutes

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2019, 11:25 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

I've had a pretty consistent career but this season i hit what has been the high-end of my bread and butter categories including 50 points and a career high 218 hits. The wear and tear of 10 seasons on the ice has not impeded Izzys thirst for abrasion as ive notched up 434 hits over the past 2 years and now boast 1928 career hits which positions me just outside of the all time top 20. Izzy has a legitimate chance of becoming the all time hits leader when its said and done. Off the ice is where my new role as captain of the Dragons has taken effect as ive worked hard in helping what is a young team acclimate and excel as a unit. We surprised the hell out of this league by making the playoffs and then sweeping the defending champions in the opening round! All in all it was a satisfying season with a lot of fun and exciting moments to look back on. (175 words)

-------------------------------------------------

My surprise player is Buffalo Stampede forward TJ Bayley who owns a top 6 forward role scoring 39 regular season points. Bayley is a player who boasts a peripheral scoring role for his franchise..but in the playoffs Bayley has emerged as a primary producer and goto player scoring 8 times while totalling 14 points in just 10 games! If Buffalo is to win this series they are going to need players like TJ to step up and help Marius take on a deeper Nola forward core. @panda

Joe and Danga have always been jealous of the relationship I have with the Parm Pigeon, our Dragons mascot.. So it’s of no surprise that one of the first NOLA purchases was from a pet store were the 2 GM’s picked up ‘Sadeesh the Specter’... a vivacious parrot and the franchises newest team mascot! Parrots are great to own cause of what comes out of their mouths.. but on this day it’s what went into his mouth which had me running out the clubhouse! And No I’m not talking about Sadeesh eating seeds or melons....  Stfu  

Ive had some time to mull over what I saw and I’m chalking this one up as some sort of gamedayritual or a form of team bonding.. but I’ll be honest, I will not be rubbing the beek of ‘sadeesh the specter’ anytime soon... as i know where that mouth has been! (152 words)

#freesadeesh

This is a difficult series to break down because neither team has been here before, so I say this with no definitiveness... on the ice these 2 teams are both built to win... but my take is there is a slight edge for New Orleans in the in game managing... while Wannabe’s career has Hot and cold ,, I have allot faith in tomen.. he’s a stats guy that has his hand on the pulse of the STHS gameplay and if buffalo is to win this series i’d bet it’s tomens strategies and in game adjustments that got it done. But Kortesi and Danga are products of the coach steelhead brand of hockey and as we saw this season that success follows you when you learn from the best. Even though there both rookie GMs NOLA owns a dangerous duo with plenty of tricks up there sleeves.

On the ice Buffalo has an advantage on the blue line and for them to win this series it may have to be on the backs of that unit. They also boast the best player on the ice in Victor Marius who needs to impose his will against an opposing team with a deeper forward group,,, for NOLA they have the experience factor.. as up and down there lineup are players with championship rings..(215words)

History will be made on April 4th 2019 when the Buffalo Stampede and New Orleans Specters face off in the S46 finals! 2 of the 4 youngest franchises in the SHL face off and for both this is unchartered territory! Buffalo began as 1 of 2 expansion teams in season 25 and they stumbled for many seasons.. but the franchise began utilizing those high draft picks in the late 30's.. building from within and watching that talent emerge into viable players in what is now a challenge cup finals roster grid. New Orleans is the first franchise to ever make it to the finals in there innagural season! Coaches Jor Kortesi and TDZ have been masterful in drafting this team, recruiting players to play there and utilizing them properly in strong day to day managing. now this franchise gets to reap the rewards of a truly historic season. Both teams will make history holding the cup up.. so buckle up because we are in for quite the ride! (169 words)

1. pusesmakojolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Sent via PM

Mike Izzy’s CW = 16 TPE

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 12:51 PM by gillon.)

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

My rookie J season was very lackluster points and performance wise, so the way I picked it up thereafter was awesome to see. I started awesome staying ahead in point production of Cannellini, but a while into the season we hit a bit of a slump and it wasn't until towards the end that we really picked up the pace to finish off the season with a great playoffs performance (big props here to @Wally and @BarnabasCollins for some really cool line switchups that saw us skyrocket, performance-wise), considering all the expectations.

Stats-wise I ended the reg with 13-27-40 and a very solid 54 FO% and decent +/-, which is a huge step up from last season. Where I really hit my stride thought, was the playoffs. In the end I managed being point leader overall (alongside @Nerio, but with a good 6 GP less!) with 6-10-16 over 12GP, which makes me a PPG player and then some. 

With all this considered I really can't complain statswise, I just wish me and the boys could finished up and grabbed that cup. There'll be more opportunities though. Improvements for me individually would probably be utilizing power plays better, as that performance was a bit lackluster even if I got points overall.

---

Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

Looking at the team that Buffalo has managed to put together with the the salary space they've used, combined with the drafting ability that we saw last season I'm gonna have to go with my boys, though I am biased. I know Tomen knows the sim in and out, and picking up the people they did (me included) in the last draft is just impressive. 

Honestly, looking at both runs and their stats it's clear that they both played incredibly well. BUF didn't really feel like they got pushed to their limit until the finals vs NOLA, while NOLA had to struggle a bit more (looking at the LAP series, for example). Both of those two storylines carry weight - Robinson having a 'easier' ride till the finals and then having to turn it on big time, while Cain had to fight for every inch. In the end, I'm siding with Robinson for obvious reasons.

Tatu Makela, GOD McZehrl, Viktor Marius, Oliver Konig, Joe K, Cedric Robinson.

Againt, absolutely biased, but I find that this is a lineup that'd bring serious scoring strength while being incredibly physical on the ice. On some decisions where I sided with BUF players I might've been swayed knowing the result, and they got the added bonus for clutchness. Joe K feels like he needs to be in there either way though.

So a lot of people would probably say New Orleans simply because of their incredibly strong showing in their inaugural season, but I'm gonna stick my chin out and say Buffalo. This is a franchise with die hard fans and players that have struggled season after season while building something great over time, finally culminating in a Cup win. With that storyline in mind, I don't really feel like there's a choice. The even SHOULD be in Buffalo.

Viktor Marius, Oliver Konig, Joe K.

A lot of the reasoning here is for the same reason I put them in the top lineup. Big scoring guys while still being able to put the hurt on opponents making them think twice. That's the kind of player you'd die to have in a playoff run. I did consider having Robinson in here for the clutch performances in the finals series, but I figured it'd be too BUF favored then, and it's not like anyone would argue with me putting in Joe K.

---

TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

During this week-long event each team will do a lot of travelling. Both teams have their own plane and bus and HO has asked that both means of transportation receive a visual make over to draw attention to the championship series!.  Choose one of the teams planes or Busses and give it a Challenge cup series look!  Plane or Bus should have at minimum the teams logo, a player render and a reference to their entry into the series.

[Image: Tx9R8ex.jpg]

---

So, looking at my (Kristoffer Svensson) position would mean recognizing that I'm probably more than a fair bit off of cracking the roster. First, you're talking about the literal champion team, the best of the best. To add insult to injury there were THREE (Monkey, Bobby Sharp and BKT) other extremely capable centers draft alongside me, that'd be vying for that same spot. On top of this the centers currently occupying the roster are no slouches, to say the least. There's gonna be a good long while before I see myself surpassing McGregor and Lavelle, and let's not even mention Konig in that discussion.

There's a very real chance that me, or one of the other centers, might have to be reschooled to a winger if we're to crack the roster any time soon. Even with that in consideration, it seems like I'm still looking at a few J seasons though, which I'm fine with. Technically I won a Challenge Cup in my rookie season without playing a minute, so I think it'd be safe to say that my expectations (whatever they may have been) were met. :-)

---

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo 
3. lkgvironeoi 
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Sent via PM.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]