Create Account

Stampede Draftee Calls a Press Conference x2
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 12:00 PM by BDonini.)

New Buffalo Stampede 18th overall pick Lallo Selman has made himself available to the media after realizing that he is unsatisfied with how tonight's SHL draft whet down. Ask him anything about why Buffalo has the smartest GMs in the league and how they managed to turn a 2nd round pick into a 1st round pick. Before we get to the questions, we're going to start off this press conference by KICKING IN THE FACES in honour of the great @Chris-McZehrl

04-10-2019, 09:09 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: How many SMJHL seasons do you want to play?

I'd like to stay at least 2 seasons but would be open to playing 3 if the team thinks I'm not ready yet. Obviously the Stampede have a really good team so playing a 3rd season in the juniors is a very real possibility. We have a really good team in Anaheim and I love my Outlaws teammates so I don't mind staying there as long as I have to.

04-10-2019, 09:09 PMhhh81 Wrote: Who is smarter, @Tomen or @WannabeFinn ?

Which of your new Buffalbros are you most excited to play with?

Tell the fans in Buffalo about your game. What can we expect from Selman?

I have to go with @Tomen since he's the only one I spoke to much before the draft but I think tonight's draft made it absolutely clear that both of them are smart people. For them to take their 2nd round pick and turn it into a top 5 pick was extremely impressive scouting work. I think that tonight's draft showed the sheer incompetence of some of the GMs in this league as we saw players with the support of SHL legends like me and @CampinKiller fall low in the draft as certain teams chose to target some risky picks and some absolute nobodies with their 1st round picks. Outside of the top 4 there were a lot of crap shoot picks and the fact that players like me and Hagan fell to some of those bums is really funny to me. Obviously the other teams' loss is Buffalo's gain but it really makes you wonder...who the hell hires these GMs?? I can't wait to become a star in Buffalo and prove those other GMs wrong.

I'm excited to play with all of my new teammates but I've gotta say there's something special about getting to play with defenseman GOD McZehrl, my agent and his agent @Chris-McZehrl played in the SHL at the same time and know each other well so to have someone like that on the team who's supported by some of the league's most elite players ever is an unreal honour. 

I think the fans can expect a future elite forward who can skate well and do it all in the offensive zone. I've never been a shoot first or pass first type of player, I can do both and I can carry the puck and my goal is to use those skills to become one of the league's best play driving forwards.

04-11-2019, 12:31 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: Donini we will share a LR together, are you ready?

It's impossible to be ready for that McZ, I can't wait for all the surprises that await me everyday in the Stampede locker room.

04-11-2019, 12:51 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: how did you fall straight to us?

As much as I'd love to answer that it's a really difficult question to answer because I don't know myself. As I said before it really blew my mind as I sat there and watched some of the names getting called before me. It seems that so many teams were very lazy in their scouting or just don't know how to scout players properly because all they looked at were the obvious numbers without realizing that I'm being mentored by an SHL Hall of Famer and have much more room to grow than some of the players who appear to be better than me right now but that any competent scout would know is more of a risk for the future than I am. So to answer your question, I fell to the Stampede because of a combination of laziness and incompetence in some of the league's other front offices.

04-11-2019, 01:33 AMtweedledunn Wrote: soft shell or hard shell

Definitely soft shell, everything is better soft.

04-11-2019, 01:45 AMNerio Wrote: Out of these 4 centers (stats+ranking included from last season) Buffalo drafted last season, rank them in order of who you would wanna wingman the most

3 Raino Kyllonen (DET) 19g-23a-42p
4 Bobby Sharp (KEL) 17g-24a-41p
5 Kristoffer Svensson (MTL) 13g-27a-40p
6 Monkey D. Luffy (LBL) 17g-21a-38p

1. Monkey D. Luffy: Buffalo's first round pick from last season is destined to be the future #1C of this franchise and a Luffy-Selman duo seems to be written in the stars already. This is a pair of two future elite talents who will be tearing the SHL apart a few seasons down the line.

2. Bobby Sharp: Sharp is the next best young centre in the organization and is definitely another future centreman that would be absolutely amazing to play next to. Sharp made this season's SMJHL final so he's a winner and playing with winner's is great.

3. Raino Kyllonen: Kyllonen had a good season stats wise but is seen as the more overrated player in this group of young players and if he can't transition properly from the SMJHL to the SHL then playing with him would mean lots of carrying and I don't want to have back pains.

4. Kristoffer Svensson: Svensson plays for the Militia and had a great series when the Militia eliminated the Outlaws from the Four Star Cup playoffs. Thank u, next.

04-11-2019, 01:49 AMJNH Wrote:
Quote:So to answer your question, I fell to the Sabres because of a combination of laziness and incompetence in some of the league's other front offices.

Interview Why don't you know which team you got drafted by?

Errrr nothing to see here folks. Also note to self, bottle some of Martijn Westbroek's assists next season.

04-11-2019, 01:57 AMJNH Wrote: Interview How did you know to have Kennedy at 3 to the Syndicate?

Unfortunately I'm unable to reveal my insider sources for fear of my life and theirs but I will say that my source is a fantastic person who doesn't deserve to have to carry that Westbroek bum for the rest of his career.

04-11-2019, 02:04 AMKylrad Wrote: How does it feel to be finally recognized as the superior player after having to carry him all season and be drafted ahead of that bum Westbroek?

It felt great to finally have the back breaking work of carrying Westbroek be recognized, now that he's the confirmed inferior player we all know who's going to be calling the shots on the ice next season.

04-11-2019, 02:09 AMkarey Wrote: What's your players first name ? 

How many times do you plan on changing it?

It is Lallo now, thankfully this is the last time I need to break the bank to change my name because the circumstances that forced me into the first name change are impossible to happen again with this name.

04-11-2019, 08:16 AMTomen Wrote: Thoughts one where your Outlaw teammates went?

Which other team do you think considered drafting you but in the end made the wrong choice?

Against which SHL team do you wish to score your first career goal?

Which Outlaws teammate do you wish to play against the most as a member of the Stampede?

I'm really happy for Kennedy, he was one of the best players in the draft and his top 3 selection was really well deserved. Him, Westbroek and Petrov are all of to Chicago which is a great destination and a fantastic up and coming team, I know they'll all love it there. Telanne got picked by on of the league's best franchises, I know LAP's GM Wastlund and the rest of the team are gonna make his time there very enjoyable. Then there's McShotty, a really good player that most thought would fly under the radar so it was nice to see him get the respect he deserved when he was picked by New England in the first round.

I think there were two other teams who wanted to draft me but in the end didn't get the opportunity to. I also know there were some teams in the mid-late 1st round who considered drafting me (or who didn't but drafted similar but worse players) who didn't end up drafting me and I'm 100% determined to make them regret that choice for the rest of my career.

I wouldn't mind opening my very long SHL scoring record against Barracuda, their GMs seem to have a hard time seeing talent if it doesn't hit them in the face so I guess hitting them in the face in my rookie season would be pretty sweet. Would also be nice to score my first against syndicate, since Westbroek keeps beating me in hangman in Anaheim maybe I can beat him on the ice in the SHL.

Well like I just mentioned, my Outlaws teammates in  syndicate will be fun to play against. Kennedy is a great defender who I thankfully don't have to face in the SMJHL and I can't wait for the challenge of facing him in the SHL. Westbroek is more of a bum but I can't wait for our future battles in the SHL regardless.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

How many SMJHL seasons do you want to play?

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Who is smarter, @Tomen or @WannabeFinn ?

Which of your new Buffalbros are you most excited to play with?

Tell the fans in Buffalo about your game. What can we expect from Selman?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Donini we will share a LR together, are you ready?

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

how did you fall straight to us?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

soft shell or hard shell

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Answered questions in the OP

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 01:47 AM by Nerio.)

Out of these 4 centers (stats+ranking included from last season) Buffalo drafted last season, rank them in order of who you would wanna wingman the most

3 Raino Kyllonen (DET) 19g-23a-42p
4 Bobby Sharp (KEL) 17g-24a-41p
5 Kristoffer Svensson (MTL) 13g-27a-40p
6 Monkey D. Luffy (LBL) 17g-21a-38p

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Quote: So to answer your question, I fell to the Sabres because of a combination of laziness and incompetence in some of the league's other front offices.

Interview Why don't you know which team you got drafted by?

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Interview How did you know to have Kennedy at 3 to the Syndicate?

How does it feel to be finally recognized as the superior player after having to carry him all season and be drafted ahead of that bum Westbroek?

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

What's your players first name ?

Oh good, now he's gonna be all sad in discord again. Thanks karey.

04-11-2019, 02:14 AMJNH Wrote:

Oh good, now he's gonna be all sad in discord again.  Thanks karey.

When am I not sad in discord tho

04-11-2019, 02:16 AMBDonini Wrote:
04-11-2019, 02:14 AMJNH Wrote: Oh good, now he's gonna be all sad in discord again.  Thanks karey.

When am I not sad in discord tho

When you finally beat me in hangman