Create Account

S47 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 02:01 PM by Weretarantula.)

Task 2:
[Image: Q7p3I5w.png]
@Acsolap is auctioning off the West Kendall horseshoe that the entire team has ridden on this season. Everyone knows the luck only lasts one season.

Task 4:
[Image: LivQIJ9.png]
@Katth

Task 05:
1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why? 
I think West Kendall have the advantage because JR is the simmer and has rigged it all for them clearly Tongue. Just kidding, I honestly don't know how to break down these two sets, they are both fantastic managers and have proved that throughout the season. Getting to the final wasn't surprising when you see who is at the helms of the teams. Both sets have the experience in the past too, so you can't even edge that in either direction.
3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollins. It's no secret Calgary rely on their goalie to save them in times of need, but he is way more than able to pull of such a thing. One of the best net minders all season, his lightning reflexes stone wall his opponents time and time again. It's only logical to put him up as our MVP and potential winner of the whole thing.
5. After trading off their best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
Mild surprise. Esa is a legend of a manager on the site for a reason. Whilst it may be true that the Dragons punched above their weight in the playoffs, they have shown that they are a team to be reckoned with. Everyone in the league has a thing against the Dragons, and that's because they just seem to be incapable of being held down.
6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
Mild surprise. They traded to get some star players and get right back into the game before the playoffs. I don't think anyone was too shocked when they made it, especially after having such a successful season. The writing had been on the wall for a fair amount of time if you ask me. The Dragons are doing something similar in terms of building up, it's just been a slightly different progression is all.
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
I think I prefer Vilde. He has held the Dragons time and time again over the season. West Kendall have a much stronger team on paper, so Biscuit should theoretically have to do less to get it, where as Kata will have to be on his absolute a game for a lot of it. But he proved during the season that he's more than capable of doing so.

Task 09:

Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

Probably the Winnipeg Jets. After winning the cup they have really fallen off the bandwagon. Their players aren't even playing too poorly, it just doesn't seem to be enough to get them over the hill in the last few seasons. It will be interesting to see what direction they take in the next season. Their rookies played very well given how the rest of the lineup performed, so maybe they will hinge their bets on them picking up more of the slack and only improving their chances next time. I think the major part of their inadequacies this season have come from their goal tending to be honest. Both their minders have posted .905 percents or close to it, and that just won't cut it if you want to be truly successful. Saving roughly 9 out of 10 shots is bad news when you are facing 30 shots a night. It means your forwards have to be producing a minimum of 3 goals just to get to overtime generally.

Task 13: Sent

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 03:17 PM by Scrufdaddy.)

Completed 18/16 for insurance on the trivia points.

Code:
Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

After my first season with the Jets, I was still doing my 3peat Four Star Cup tour from my time with the Scarecrows.  I went back to Boston to bar crawl in Southie, which was tough since my experience in the IIHF has instilled some adversarial feelings towards the Irish.  I think I made my point by refusing all Irish Car Bombs and not drinking a single drop of Guinness.

My old buddy Spooner McGee was there with his beer league team and they treated me like royalty.  They had a bunch of goalie blockers turned into shot skis and we had our own little parade in their neighborhood.  The event was sponsored by Jackie's Packie off Route 34, we all got t-shirts (for $19.99, get them yourself at Jackie's Packie off Route 34, Marky Mark's cousin shopped their once) and regular priced 30 racks of PBR.

For whatever reason, the people in Southie didn't like that I was touring for success in St. Louis but I had a good time anyway.

Code:
Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

For the Calgary Dragons, I select Todd Angilly.  In another life, I can see him being the go-to guy in Boston if perhaps they had an old and storied bear themed franchise.  I think that he could represent the Dragons really well solely based off the fact that I can imagine him performing in a bib covered in chicken parm stains.  I don't mean that in a bad way, he is just such a showman and an every-man that he would make it work so well in a place that has an unhealthy obsession with chicken parm.

For West Kendall, on the other hand, I wanted to select Florida Man.  I've heard so much about him, and I figured it made sense to select a true Floridian hero to represent West Kendall.  However, I haven't been able to get in touch with him or his agent / manager.  As a fallback, I went with a man who represents Florida so much, it's his friggin name.  That's right, I've got Flo Rida booked to sing the anthem at West Kendall home games.

Code:
Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

I was very surprised at New Orleans not making the finals, but more so that they didn't even make it to the conference finals.  I guess in retrospect it's not too unheard of since they basically split the season series against the Texas Renegades at 3-2-1.  I think it really came down to luck, because New Orleans out performed Texas on aggregate, but Texas scored the clutch goals where it counted.  Shots for the series were 241 to 204 in favor of New Orleans, and goals were 24 to 21 the same way, but all four wins by Texas came by a single point.  They came through clutch twice in OT and twice within the final 2 minutes of the games.

If you ran this series over again, there's a good chance it would come out the other way based on the stats, but that doesn't win you championships.  With a finals appearance last season, and the league leading scorer this season, it's sad to see New Orleans make an early exit, but that's not the kind of thing that will stop Joe K from getting it done next seaon.

Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

If we follow all the way back the chain, I think West Kendall can get Mikhail Lokitonov from the Toronto North Stars.  This would come from Buffalo who beat Toronto to make it to the conference finals and snagged Lokitonov for themselves.  It would be tough to leave Dermot Lavelle on the table, but when West Kendall beat Buffalo they could snag Lokitonov.  West Kendall would then build the most terrifying top line in the league by slotting Lokitonov in as the top line center.

By taking Sophia Bennett's points per game with the Platoon and applying that to the 21 games played with the Panthers, I project that Bennett could have had 59-60 points on the season, instead of 52.  That would be enough to edge out Jason Visser for 5th best in the league for the regular season and maybe tie now-teammate Dani Forsberg.  So, with Lokitonov centering the top line, we'd have the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th best point scorers in the regular season all on one line, with the 4th best scorer on the 2nd line.

@ml002
@White Cornerback
@goilers
@ToeDragon84
@Insayne
@CFJ

Code:
Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

After stomping out the dreams of everyone in Chicago with a resounding sweep, West Kendall faced a much different story against the S46 champion Buffalo Stampede.  Against Chicago, they dominated the ice with an overall 60CF%, winning all four games and scoring 13 to 5.  Against Buffalo, they actually had 47CF% and only outscored their opponents 13 to 11.

Naturally, the rock star third pair of Ethan Ross and Nat Emerson ran the show each with +2 and around 68CF% during the sweep.  However, when we fast forward to the seven game stand against Buffalo, we see Ross and Emerson at -4 each and 48CF%.  For the pair that made history with their goal differential in the regular season, this is a dramatic drop off of performance.

Fortunately for West Kendall, when they faced this major adversity, their second pair of Sven Brokstad and Karsten Kadinger also flipped the script.  In Chicago, this pair had a -1 and an average 61.5CF% but elevated their game in Buffalo to lead the team with +5 and average 50.5CF%.

Shout out to @aaronwilson for hella stats <3
@JR95
@Thelastheraclid
@Bzerkap
@Allegiant

Code:
TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent PM

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 09:39 PM by PeanutButter.)

Task 1

Back in Brno where Boruvka Banananak spent his childhood, he was heralded with chants of "you are the best!" and "we love Bananas!" as he left the tarmac during the offseason. What he saw after that was incredible. They not only built a gigantic chocolate statue in his honor, they surrounded it with bananas, knowing that chocolate and bananas was he favorite dessert and were more than happy to bring it out for him. From there he was paraded around the main square and despite there being other, better players than him in the SHL for some reason they were excited for him and him alone. It is possible that his parents bought off the town to give him a royal welcome. Either way he didn't seem to mind, as he spent a good portion of his first day signing autographs and doing photo shoots as everyone in town wanted to see him. Maybe they think he will be the next great superstar in the league or something? Who knows?

Task 3

Boruvka Banananov is working hard in the SMJHL, but has seen some snags in his development, with skipping gym days and overall having issues with sticking to his diet. However this most recent season he has admitted he wants to dedicate as much time as possible to making sure he is in peak performance. Is he ready yet? No, not even close, really. But he thinks after next season he will be prepared to go and will dominate the competition in the SMJHL and then switch over to the SHL. But he needs to stick with it, because if he falters for just a second he might as well just retire because his SHL career isn't going to last very long in that case. Another big issue with him is he hasn't developed much of a connection with his SMJHL team, but has tried to start developing a connection to his future team in the Blizzard. Can he do it? Hopefully.

Task 5

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

Well since I am doing this after the finals have concluded, I think the outcome will be a sweep for the West Kendall Platoon. They have the best goaltender, they aren't rebuilding like the Calgary Dragons say they are, and they have been to the finals so many times they are bound to win more often. Seems like the best logic, right?

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

I think if we are going simply based on entire career then you should go with the Calgary duo. They have won the cup five times since the S20s, and continue to win despite being a rebuilding team. However the team that has been more successful over the last few seasons has been the West Kendall duo, so in this matchup I would put the team from the East ahead.

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

Crossfit Jesus would be my pick for the Platoon's MVP. Right now he has 8 goals and 16 points so far in the playoffs, leading his team and leading the way to the finals, while the unsung hero I would say is Nicky Pedersen Jr. He has 14 points so far, but the biggest thing that shows his prowess is he is +12 in the playoffs so far, leading the team.

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

I think Beaujeaux Biscuit will be the difference maker for the S47 Challenge Cup Finals. He has always been money in the finals every single time they have won it, and if the Platoon want to win it again they will need him to be just as good as he has always been. Can he do that? I think that is pretty obvious that he can do it.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Mild surprise. We have seen teams that were not expected to do as well make it far in the playoffs. I mean, didn't the New Orleans Spectres start their first season with no talent with a run to the Cup Finals? And they even won a couple games if I recall correctly. Yes it is statiscially not exactly expected or anything, but still

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

Maxime Bouchard of the Calgary Dragons looks poised to break out in this one, especially as a rookie. He has 11 points so far in the playoffs, so with the game tightening up it will be up to young players like him to really shine and show their stuff. And we always look for unlikely heroes in the playoffs, right?
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 03:00 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Code:
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.
Brady's day back in his hometown was great! He never thought that so many people would be excited to meet him, especially since he grew up just like a normal kid in his hometown of Grand Haven, MI. There was a skate with McIntyre open skate planned at the local rink along with an autograph signing, then there was a huge picnic downtown where Brady helped out with sizing and handing out skates for kids to play street hockey with on the main street downtown.

After the picnic he finally had a chance to head home to see his parents for a little bit and hang out with his old high school pals and have a nice board game night with the rest of his family.

Overall it was probably one of the best days that he'll get to enjoy all summer, especially when you consider that immediately the next day he was back to working out and working on his puck skills. Can't stop won't stop.

Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
1. The finals matchup between West Kendall and Calgary is going to be a pretty close one. West Kendall is definitely a top 3 team in the league right now and Calgary proved themselves by getting to the finals. I have to say though that I'm fairly sure that West Kendall is going to take another Challenge Cup. @Mike Izzy and @Slappydoodle are doing a great job of carrying the rest of their team, but I think West Kendall's depth is just a little stronger than Calgary's.
3. It's really difficult to choose one player from West Kendall that is their MVP because they have so many contributing players going into the finals like Crossfit Jesus @CFJ with 8 goals and 16 points, Dani Forsberg @Insayne with 6 goals and 15 points, Gabriel Wong @Wongy with 4 goals and 14 points, and Sophia Bennett @goilers with 5 goals and 13 points. If I had to choose an MVP I'd choose Sophia Bennett because she has a good number of points, but also leads the team in hits with 39. My unsung hero would be @damienj10 Dayymo Ralchankinov who has been carrying the 3rd forward line with 3 goals and 5 points. He's an exception 3 line center.
4. I think difference maker in this series is Crossfit Jesus. The MVP in my opinion may be Sophia Bennett, but Crossfit Jesus came in and made the players around him much better. That's something not every player can do and that sometimes goes unnoticed but is by far one of the most valuable things in hockey.
5. I have to go with 'major surprise'. Calgary definitely still has some awesome players like Mike Izzy, Kata Vilde, and Otis B. Driftwood, but looking at other teams, especially New Orleans, it seems like they just don't quite have the depth that a cup contending team should. Simon T. gonna Simon T. I guess.
7. I have to go with no surprise for West Kendall. Yes they had a rough season of regression, but they acquired some very good players at the deadline to offset that and added more depth to their team in doing so (which I think is more valuable that having extremely good top end players).
8. When it comes to Beaujeaux Biscuit and Kata Vilde the two are about as good as each other in the net (which is nothing less than elite), so I think it's going to come down to the skaters rather than the goaltenders. Because of that I think that as long as Beaujeaux Biscuit stands up to Kata Vilde in net, he'll be the goaltender that comes out on top.

Code:
Of all the teams that didn't make the Challenge Cup finals this season, the New Orleans Specters are probably the biggest disappointment. You could argue that Buffalo is a bigger one because their team may be better, but West Kendall is nearly as good as Buffalo, New Orleans on the other hand was the clear favorite over Calgary and they fell entirely short. With players like Oisin Fletcher, Roman Augustus, Clint Eastwood, Vasily Horvat, Adam Kaiser, Karl Hefeweizen, and Joe Kurczewski being top end talents in regression along with Richard Physt, DeMaricus Smyth, Patrick Brumm Jr. and Julian O'Sullivan all one season from regression as well the Specters' time as contenders is definitely limited. The fact that they weren't able to make it to the finals this season has to be wearing on management. They aren't done just yet, but things are only going to get more difficult from here on out.

My guess is that they fell short because their defense just isn't top notch anymore. The Specters' best defenseman Richard Physt definitely isn't some slouch, but with scoring being his weakness, while he still has a good shot, he's spent a considerable about of time improving it at the expense of other important things like skating, puck handling and strength. They may need to shore up their defense rather than focusing so much on offense in the future.

Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)
The Calgary Dragons faced a lot of adversity on their way to the Challenge Cup Finals. To start with the first team that they faced was the Edmonton Blizzard, a long time conference rival and the top team in their shared division during the season. The Blizzard challenged the the Dragons' offense with what is easily a top three defense in the league with players like Brady McIntyre, Tor Tuck, Connor Tanner, Ensio Kalju and Chippy Chiclets and Tommy Tuck in net behind them. After dispatching the Blizzard they had to deal with the Renegades. Although the Renegades are a playoff team, they're one that I don't really see as having an identity. Garrett, Karlsson and Jensen are good centers down the middle and their top pair defense is very productive offensively. Still, the Dragons took care of the Renegades in just 5 games. Finally they would have to fave the West Kendall Platoon, one of the top 3 teams in the entire SHL in my opinion.

Code:

3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 04:20 AM by goldenglutes.)

Quote:Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)

The Hometown Hero day was quite the ride for young New England Wolfpack defenseman Guy Zheng. As the winner of the previous season's Quilha Agante trophy(top SMJHL defenseman), Zheng was warmly welcomed by the whole town, though no one really dared to mention his season with New England. The schedule for the day was quite packed - first, he had to go back to his old high school to give a speech about how if you try hard enough and get incredibly lucky, everyone can be a young star athlete on a play pretend hockey team. Next, there was a city wide parade, complete with large floats and even a blimp with Zheng's face on it. After that, all of the local ice cream shops got together and had an ice cream competition with Guy as the judge. Lastly, Zheng was treated to an extravagant dinner with the mayor after a large ceremony where he was given the key to the city. All in all, it was quite a busy day for young superstar Guy Zheng, and it was definitely a day that he would not forget.

Quote:Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)

The biggest disappointment of the season in my opinion is the fact that the New England Wolfpack did not win the Challenge Cup. This is a travesty of the highest proportions as I expected nothing less for an organization filled with young and hungry players. In fact, I was doubley disappointed when I found out that not only had we not made the playoffs, but we also lost the draft lottery by one spot. In all seriousness, I think the New Orleans Specters take the cake for most disappointing playoff run, as I completely expected them to be in the finals against West Kendall. Their roster is stacked beyond belief, and they were the runners up of the last Challenge Cup finals, so there was no real reason to believe that they wouldn't be able to make the finals once again. However, not only did they get stopped short in the first round that they played in, they were beaten by a Texas team that didn't even manage to make it past the next round. This is definitely the most underwhelming playoff run for the New Orleans franchise so far, and I can't wait to see whether the team manages to bounce back from this devastating loss.

Quote:Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)

Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

The Calgary Dragons definitely should have selected Karlstrabe Scholz from the Edmonton Blizzard. I understand this is an unorthodox choice, but @karlssens from the Blizzard (formerly their general manager) is someone who, as a person, is extremely experienced in the SHL and especially when it comes to finals. Even though his player is rather young and may not have as high a TPE count as the superstars of the SHL, what he lacks in skill he more than makes up for in boosting team morale and providing great advice and leadership within the locker room. Within the dragons, I would say Karlstrabe slots in well into the first pairing, and I believe he can leverage his experience from playing in the Four Star Cup finals to help push the Calgary Dragons over the edge and make them real contenders who can compete with WKP head to head. Also, now that I look at the Calgary roster, I am very surprised that they managed to make it this far with such little depth at defense. They seem to have a few promising defensemen though so I'm sure they're only going to get better.

Quote:TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

PM'd

Quote:Task 14: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S47 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

*Post the link of your pod in this thread below*

CW Podcast Link w/ @5ympathies (9 minutes)

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 05:29 PM by JT3.)

Task 5 (4TPE):
2. Honestly, this is a tough question. Both sets of managers really are excellent and have seen a ton of success. JR95 and Wongy have led the Platoon to numerous challenge cups over the past few seasons, while Esa and c00kies have I believe 5 challenge cups to their name. I don't think either side has any particular advantage on the tactical side. I'm going with a draw.
5.Major surprise. Esa is a fantastic general manager and has run an excellent franchise in his tenure and myself, like everyone else, didn't expect them to be out of contention for long. But I wasn't expecting them to be back in the playoffs this fast, let alone making a run all the way to the finals. Pretty impressive, but still a major candidate for regression next season.
7. No surprise. Although they have some regressing forwards, I think West Kendall missing the playoffs altogether last season was a complete fluke. Many of their players had excellent seasons, things just didn't click as a team. I was fully expecting them back in the playoffs this season, and when they added Berezin, Bennett, and Woodcroft, I knew full well they were going to make a deep, deep run this year.
8. Throughout the playoffs Kata Vilde has been the more impressive goaltender. I think you can largely say without much trouble that he is the main reason Calgary has made it to the finals. But if we are asking who is more likely to carry their team to victory in the finals, I think you have to go with Biscuit. He has a far better team in front of him and is therefor more likely to put up better numbers, and he is no slouch if you don't consider the team in front of him either.

Task 7 (3TPE): Now, I'm not musically inclined so I probably haven't made the best choices to sing the national anthem, but whatever! As long as the fans have a good time, right?
For West Kendall, I've recently seen some Jamaican vibes going on over there, mostly stemming from an alleged vacation visit by their goaltender Bojo Biscuit. So who other than to sing the anthem but the man himself, Bob Marley? Yes, I know he's dead. But it's 2019, we can figure something out. Either recreate a robotic cyborg version of him, or just get an LED projection of him singing the anthem, easy peasy, mon.
For Calgary, I've decided to opt out of traditional musicians. Honestly, I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't really know anything about music at all. But Calgary has a major appreciation for food, so who other to sing the anthem than GUY FUCKING FIERI. I am 100% positive he would do a masterful job. He would walk out there swinging a chicken parm above his head, enthusiastically belt the anthem out, and then immediately crush the chicken parm into his mouth and devour it. And what other way to get the Dragons and their fans pumped up than that?

Task 9 (3TPE): In my opinion, there are 3 heavyweight teams that did not make the finals this year that you could consider for most disappointing. One is the Buffalo Stampede, but I would quickly rule them out as they lost in the Conference Finals in 7 games to the team that went on to win the cup. That leaves Edmonton and New Orleans, who are both similarly stacked teams, and they both lost in only the second round, the first round they both played in. I think I would have to consider New Orleans the most disappointing though. They are a stacked team that made the finals just last season and were expected to go on another long run, but they ended up losing in the second round to the Texas Renegades, a team who has struggled to find much success over the last handful of seasons. This, on top of the fact that New Orleans has a regressing defensive corps equals a pretty upsetting early exit. They definitely wanted to take another shot at winning this year before they find themselves scrambling to plug defensive holes while their offense is at it's peak, with guys like Joe Kurcewski and Roman Augustus still on the team.

Task 11 (3TPE): For West Kendall, although they don't have any major holes, the biggest area that could use improvement is at defense, since they are already insanely deep at forward and have a top goaltender in Bojo. In which case, I think the best defenseman they could select from one of the teams they've defeated would be Tatu Maakela. Adding Maakela would give them two #1 defensemen, Maakela and Ludwig Koch Schroder. They could either stack the top pair or switch them up and have one of them out there for almost three quarters of the game.

In Calgary's case, obviously they are still growing as a team so they could add pretty well anywhere in their lineup outside of goaltender, where they have Vilde. But I would again opt for a defensemen as the talent drops off a bit after Driftwood. In which case, on pure talent, you have to elect for Brady McIntyre from the Blizzard. He would help give the one-two defensive punch to counter West Kendall's addition of Maakela.

Task 13 (3TPE): Sent

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 07:00 PM by XLeafer.)

Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)

I am in the SMJHL so obviously I am talking or typing about this wonderful task in the championship week. Obviously the only person that knows whether I am ready or not is obviously me. The management does not know, the players do not know, only me, I know whether Roenick is ready or not. And to be honest, he's not. He needs to work on his strength because the smjhl are with a bunch of softies who cannot hit. So Roenick needs to learn to be ready for those stuff and strength is very important for him. Also defense should be improved and needs to position himself right all that stupid stuff. Also his offense is already set and he is elite offensively. He is what he known for and that is to score a bunch of goals. But he is not ready and he wants to win that rookie of the year. So I am not ready.

Looking at the standings because I have not payed attention to the SHL season because Tampa had a bad season so why should I care. But anyways, Seeing who finished first in both conference. I am not surprised to see the Platoon make it to the finals, because they have the best team and all that stuff and they probably do not miss Leafer Rielly one bit even though he was the good luck charm but he was not needed so that was understood. But looking at the west, I am surprised to see NOLA and Edmonton not make it to the finals even though they finished top 3 in the league. NOLA would learn from last season and Edmonton would continue to recreate what they did 2 seasons ago, but they somehow lost. Again, this is freaking hockey and literally anything can happen like say, calgary dragons make it to the finals.

TASK 13: Sent (3 TPE)

PBE PT (3 TPE)

[Image: giphy.gif]

PM Sent

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

NSFL PT

Task 13 PMed

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Although born in the UK I only spent a few months there and then moved to Canada where I grew up in the town of Okotoks. They honored me as a Hometown Hero at the Okotoks Dawgs baseball game and I got to throw out the first pitch! It was a great experience just being back in a ball park again as I did play baseball as well through my teens. The atmosphere was amazing and everyone was so happy. I really miss living in a smaller town like Okotoks as Edmonton is full of cement and grumpy people. Okotoks went on to win the game and after I went out with the boys for a night of fishing, weed and a beers on the river. We caught some trout and Johnny Nolegs fried them up right there on the rocks with a portable grill. It was a great end to my trip home and I always look forward to visiting.

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

As far as a managerial advantage I would say West Kendall has an edge only because their management have them in a more clear win now mode. Calgary looks amazing for the coming seasons but is still finishing up a rebuild and they need a bit more time. JR95 is also the simmer and seems to know it like the matrix code.

You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

For the national anthems I feel like it doesn't really matter who you get to sing them as long as they can capture the crowds attention they don't need to be the best singer. Fergie would be my choice for West Kendall as should bombed so hard at the NBA All-Star game she needs a second chance. To make things more fun though we would have Kendall Jenner come out and dance and lip sync the lyrics. She worked great with Fergie in the video for the song Enchante.

For Calgary I would have winner of Canadian Idol in 2005 and girl who grew up in Calgary, Melissa O'Neil. Gotta go with the home town girl to light up the fans with her smile and song. She can be wearing a beautiful dress in the colour of "Melted Parm". The crowd will it all up and the more hype they get the more the team feeds off their energy!

I think the Edmonton Blizzard were the biggest disappointment this playoff season. Calgary has a great up and coming core mixed with a couple stud veterans but Edmonton should have beat them this year. Instead for a second straight season Calgary beats Edmonton early in the playoffs and the Blizzard are sent packing.

The main reasons the Blizzard fell short are first you need to give Calgary tons of credit. They are such a great organization that always seems to find ways to win even though they have lost a few to retirement in recent years. They draft well and trade well so they always are just in the mix. Also they seem to have great coaching who maximize their roster to get the most out of them.

Edmonton just got snake bitten on the top line which was so good this season and bam their season comes to and end. I think overall Edmonton was hoping for more but this upcoming season being Connor Tanners last will be a huge one for them to push it further!

Calgary has a player named Chuck Goody Jr at 470 TPE on their 3rd pair and I would love to replace him with the @caltroit_red_flames Brady McIntyre. Brady is sitting at 1830 TPE and he was as good as it gets this season on the blue line. If you add a top tier defenseman to Calgary like him you are really going to shuffle things up and look a lot more dangerous.

Calgary's goaltending struggled compared to WKP in the post season and I think you can't put all the blame on VIlde's shoulders. If they had a player like McIntyre to balance them out the coach would have way more options as he can play in any situation and is very active in training. WKP has a stacked line up but they are forward heavy for sure and a dude like this for Calgary might be too much for some of young WKP D to handle.

Buffalo was up 3-1 against WKP last round and the Platoon won three straight games to rally back to win the series. They then go on to sweep the finals making it 7 straight wins to end the playoffs...pretty damn good team. Dani Forsberg was huge in the come back with goals in the final two games and an assist in the first to help West Kendall win those three games in a row.

Beaujeaux Biscuit was the real big hero though as when the series was 3-1 and they were facing elimination he stepped up and was at his best. He only let in 2 goals total over the final 3 games and just shut the door on Buffalo. It was a dominant performance finished off with a game 7 shutout to end the Stampedes dream of another cup. Overall these two played amazing but the whole team really just needed a bit of time to figure it out and look at them now.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Leopold Lockhart is a good old Massachusetts boy. He was born in Boston, but he was raised in Concord, so he was proud as hell when Concord honored him with the title of Hometown Hero. Cameras followed him around all day, beginning with him making breakfast for his family at his parents' house. After that, Leo donned his Pride jersey and they all went to the Town Hall where he met the mayor and was given the ceremonial key to the city. After that, he and some of his hometown friends from various hockey teams he's been on in the past played a game of street hockey with a bunch of kids from the Big Brother Big Sister program. After the game, there was a parade downtown that they closed a couple of city blocks for, followed by a city-wide celebration in one of the local parks, There was lots of food and music and fireworks after dark. It was a great day with family and friends, including Leo's parents, his two best friends from Concord, and his little sisters.

What's more synonymous with Florida than boy bands? Okay, maybe that statement is less true now than it was in the late 90's/early 2000's. Regardless, when selecting an artist or group to perform the national anthems at West Kendall Platoon home games during the challenge cup finals, the committee (and by committee, I obviously mean me) thought it an obvious choice to choose the Backstreet Boys. NSync would have been better, but since Justin Timberlake is still crushing dreams and refusing to reunite, the Backstreet Boys were the next best thing. When they perform, they all wear Mikko Linna jerseys even though he's not a current roster member. In Calgary, the anthems will be sung by Tommy Chong. He's not a singer, but who cares? He was born in Edmonton, but lived in Calgary as a kid, and he was the only person we could get to agree to eat an entire chicken parm sandwich prior to performing. Funnily enough, Chong also wears a Mikko Linna jersey.

There's no question that the elimination of the San Franciso Pride was the biggest disappointment in this season's playoffs for me personally. I was disappointed because that's my fuckin' team, not because I expected the team to fare well in post season games. On the contrary, actually. I was a little surprised we made playoffs at all. (And that's definitely part of it, right? Because making it when you didn't expect to make it really does make it more disappointing when you're eliminated because start to expect to be able to pull off shit you know you technically shouldn't be able to pull off.) The main reason why we shouldn't have been able to pull it off in the first place is because we have been pretty lack-luster offensively. If we could have gotten some consistent offense going, it wouldn't have been a surprise that we made playoffs at all, and we definitely would have made it past the first round. I think we'll only improve from here, which is a good place to be.

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

This is a really tough question for me to answer objectively because I played for both teams with my last player, was a big fan of both sets of GMs, and won a cup with both teams. So in my opinion, there is no obvious winner here. I'll be happy whichever way it goes down, and both sets of GMs should be proud that they've been contenders so consistently in recent seasons.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise. Esa is a great general manager. He's drafted some great players and he knows how to use them. Besides it doesn't matter who they traded away, they still had some great players left. I'm not sure I'd call it a "full rebuild". A younger Dragon's team is still a dangerous Dragon's team. That really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

The answer to this one, same as the other question just like this, is no surprise. Again, this team has great management and that management team knows what to do with their players. They've got some great younger players and their players in regression are still trucking right along. Missing the playoffs last season hardly constitutes a trend of bad play, and they shouldn't have been written off as contenders.

You know what, I really don't care enough to have an opinion on this, but I'm gonna go ahead and go with Kata Vilde because Vilde had 3 assists and Bojo only had 2. That's a completely arbitrary stat to base goalie success on, but I don't care. It's a fun one. I'm gonna predict that Vilde assists on the cup winning goal, just for funzies.

PMed to PT Director account

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 09:25 AM by CanadianDuck.)

Task #1

Last week I was honored by my hometown. I was presented the "key to the city" which doesn't actually open anything, but it was still an amazing gift. There was a parade and I spent my day going around the town doing many different activities. My high school renamed one of the gyms after me, the local arena raised my number to the rafters during the pregame of the local teams playoff game. I visited the town hospital and met some of the inpatients, and I sign lots and lots of autographs. I decided to buy the entire town pizza and wings, and some ice cream from the local ice cream parlor. I am not the first person to be honored by my town, a few former NHLers have been honored here and have even brought the Stanley Cup with them. It is an honor to be in the same company as guys like them.

Task #5

1. This series looks to be a decent match between a long successful dynasty looking for one more title vs a young hungry newcomer. I see this series ending quicker than in seasons past. I am expecting the Platoon to dispatch the Dragons in either 4 or games, they look to me to be the more determined of the two.

2. When it comes to the management between these two teams, the edge has to go to Calgary, they have won many more Championships and have the knowledge and know exactly what it takes to win it all. West Kendall are the clear underdogs in this area, but they have the skills to overcome these odds.

4. I believe that Beaujeaux Biscuit will be the biggest difference maker in this series and his play will be the deciding factor in the outcome of this series. The ability of Beaujeaux is high end and if he can keep the Calgary offense from getting on a roll, this series will be over before it starts.

5. The ability to go from being a dynasty to a rebuild back to the finals in just 2 seasons should not surprise anyone. The GMs are some of the best in the SHL and continue to prove just how good they are with this accomplishment. They know how to get the most from their players, and overcome any obstacle. 

7. West Kendall making it to the end is a major surprise after everything they have gone through the past few seasons. Their players must have gotten together after making these playoffs and decided that nothing was going to stop them from winning it all, and so far, they are red hot with only 1 end in sight.

8. Deciding which goalie has the better chance to win this series all by themselves is difficult. I believe that while both are capable of stealing an game, I fully expect that between the two Beaujeaux Biscuit will be the one lifting the Cup over his head at the end of this series.

Task #7

For some reason I have been chosen to pick the anthem singers for both the Calgary and West Kendall home games. For Calgary I have decided to go with Canadian Country Artist Paul Brandt. From Calgary himself, Brandt is one of the more popular country singers and was the easier of the two cities to choose for. I wanted to also choose a hometown group or artist from the area of West Kendall. It wasn't as easy, but I have decided to go with the band Moongazer. I would also like to point out that, once again, I don't have a great taste in music and have no clue why I was chosen to pick these anthem singer, but I gave it my best shot. I do believe that both of these choices will preform the anthems very well and not embarrass themselves, the audience, me, or either Country in doing so.

Task #9

The biggest disappointment for me is the fact that the New Orleans Specters failed to make it back to the SHL Finals. The Specters are (in my opinion) currently the best team in the SHL and have very few weaknesses in their entire organization. They have amazing management, an impeccable offense, strong defense, an above average net minder. They have been at the very top of the SHL since joining the league and will be there for a very long time with their current roster and ability to pick great talent out of the draft every year. Their fans have been very blessed and when it comes to new fanbases, only the Vegas Golden Knights come close to how well they have be treated with their new franchise. I don't think anyone would be surprised if (or when) they are back in the SHL Finals again next year competing for their first Championship.

Task #13

(Sent the PM)

Code:
I went to my home town in Slovenia, apparently there was a celebration of my SHL career accomplishments because I'm special. There was a rocking party at the local club with lots of drinks and some other lit stuff, and I got to see a lot of my old friends which was great. I guess what I was given, well that was the free drinks and food and the deafening music blasting through the whole place. It turned out pretty well, minus the massive hangover after, but yeah it was pretty fun. Somehow this was endorsed by the city even though it totally shouldn't have been legal probably, considering there were kids there getting drinks, but nobody died so I'm pretty sure it's all good. It was good to go back home after such a long time without visiting and I'm glad Slovenians know how to throw a party in style.
Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
5. I would say it's a Mild Surprise really because the term rebuild doesn't inspire confidence if you know what I mean, I thought they were gonna be in the trenches for a while but maybe that was just luring the other teams into a fall sense of security. Maybe it was just a quick rebuild but dang it's impressive.
6. I feel like Brennan Kennedy Jr. @bk1689 had some potential to show his stuff and score some key points as his team was struggling a bit. Guy's got a real good defense rating so that's usually good, he could be due to break out and start to score more, probably in the form of assists to start with. A few key assists would get some attention and a bit of a name for him.
7. I feel like this is No Surprise, regression isn't as bad in my opinion as people seem to make it out to be, plenty of guys have fought it for awhile. All the veterans still have a lot of TPE and that's what counts at the end of the day, not how old they are.
8. Beajeaux Biscuit @.bojo has to have the upper hand with experience. Both goalies had some fine defensemen in front of them so really it was about who could stop the most percent of the pucks and Biscuit is one of the best in the business at stopping pucks and not giving up second chances.
Code:
I picked Imagine Dragons to sing the National anthem for Calgary for obvious reasons. Do I actually have to explain that it's because the band has dragon in the name? I'm telling you, it's perfect, and maybe the anthem isn't supposed to be about the show but they can put on a show. They probably wouldn't do anything flashy outfit wise but I feel like maybe they'd wear a Calgary jersey since Las Vegas doesn't have an SHL team yet and that's where they're from.
For West Kendall, I picked Coldplay just because A) everyone wants a British band, let's just admit it and B) they're insanely popular so why not. West Kendall as a dynasty deserves a big name, and I trust Coldplay to a do a good job and roll up in all black. Just like West Kendall, Coldplay has been around a long freaking time so I'd say it's a match made in heaven.
Code:
I would say the Edmonton Blizzard were the biggest disappointment because holy cow they had a really hot start. They looked so strong, so dominant, so it looked like the once-dynasty was back in form, but then they lost early to Calgary who were supposedly rebuilding but clearly not. The Blizzard have so many good pieces like Willy Mack, who earns a crap ton of TPE, and a ton of high earning forwards and defensemen with over 1500 TPE, and even more with over 1000. Their depth should've pushed them over the top, but I'd say the reason they fell short is their offense just didn't show up when they needed it most. Talent up and down the lineup on every line and at every position means something only on paper end of the day. If you can't deliver, that's a shame, you're gonna be packing your bags and heading to the golf course pretty quick.
Code:
Well while we are talking about the Edmonton Blizzard why not mention Edmonton again; the Dragons could take someone from the Blizzard roster since they knocked them out. Calgary would have taken the monster-hitting right wing @cpetrella Teddy Cuddles, who scores, hits, then scores some more. Why did Calgary choose him? Because he's a bulldozer and he does virtually everything, what a dumb question. He helps out with everything and brings some much needed physicality and grit to the forward lines, and he could play anywhere. Though with his talent, probably deserves top line, don't think he'd enjoy being bumped down lower really. He's a power play guy, a penalty killing guy, whatever you need and wherever Calgary has a gap, he'll be there. He'd be the one Calgary would want to put out on the ice for the first shift of over time too because he just has the it factor; it'd be a good deal for the Dragons if they chose Cuddles.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 08:07 AM by Thunfish.)

TASK #13 - Done.

TASK #12 - Our biggest adversity on the SJMHL's playoffs were one Mathias Seger @Segi jinxing us against the St. Louis Scarecrows. The amount of salt we had to throw over people's shoulders and the number of hare feet that we had to get in order for the jinx not to fully solidify cannot be understated. Seriously, folks, don't jinx your team in the playoffs, that way, you won't scare your team's assistant captain that may be living at the arena to try and do everything they can to make sure your moment of badmouthing doesn't lead the team to shit. On a more serious note, I spent the entire series against the Scarecrows and a good chunk of the series against the Militia with a cold, which meant that I wasn't following things a lot. Additionally, we're near the exams period back at my university, so I was kind of busy studying International Accounting. To be fair, I'm far away from being a key player in the team, but that was a thing that happened.

TASK #3 - Honestly, I don't think I really am, although I believe I'm close to being SHL ready. I still need to improve a bit to be even worthy of going up, but that's usually a decision by the main team's general manager anyway and I'm happy with whatever I'm ordered to do. From what I've seen so far, the San Francisco Pride are an awesome organization and I think I'll be happy to be a member of that team since so far I've been having a lot of fun just talking with them anyway. That said, my head is in the clouds right now, with that Four Star Cup win. Anaheim will always be in my heart, that's something that will never, ever change, but if the time does come and I have to go up, I will do so, making sure that I'm a worthy player to the team that trusted me to do so.

TASK #1 - I was actually travelling to Trim to visit my family. I'm happy to know that, despite the months I spent in America, I'm still able to find their old hidden cottage. A ninja's true pride is being able to find their home after spending time away and... well, I guess I'm proud. It was still pretty run down, but my parents insisted they'd stay there, keeping the craft. Of course, before I departed Trim, I made sure to get a drink at Old Paddy's Pub which is when they found out that I was around. Apparently, there's a decent following from the people there regarding my efforts back at the Outlaws. So I spent the next four hours talking about everything that happened to me since I joined the Outlaws. Suffice to say, the town had something happening at it after months of... well, nothing happening. It is Trim we're talking

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR