Create Account

True story
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2019, 04:26 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

07-18-2019, 04:01 AMwumaduce Wrote: So the anger when obese named his player after a literal nazi, was that deserved or was that just people being mean to obese?

Lmao i remember that, didnt he change it to another nazi name when he was told he couldnt use the original nazi name?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-18-2019, 04:22 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:15 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: It isn't just about "that person." And honestly, it's not even really about me personally, it's about setting the standard for the culture we want to exist in, so maybe someday my daughter doesn't have to hear some guy tell her that she shouldn't pursue her dream job. Maybe this one guy being an asshat isn't going to actually change my life, but when we're surrounded by that kind of attitude, how do we choose which people to call out and which ones not to? It's about drawing a line and saying "this attitude is not okay and I am not going to be silent and shrug it off and pretend it is okay just so I don't make somebody feel bad about their antiquated bigoted views." If we don't call it out when we see it, we send the message that it's okay, or at the very least that it isn't something we're willing to stand up for. Why should this guy get a free pass (especially when he has demonstrated that he is absolutely unwilling to admit that he might be wrong about this, and just decided to double down and say even worse things when he was called out)?

Hugely agree on the daughter part. I love my fiancee and I hope some day I'll have a daughter I love even more. If either of them got told they should stop pursuing their dream job because they have a vagina I'd probably go ballistic.

What if you have a son

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-18-2019, 04:25 PMSwegButthole Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:01 AMwumaduce Wrote: So the anger when obese named his player after a literal nazi, was that deserved or was that just people being mean to obese?

Lmao i remember that, didnt he change it to another nazi name when he was told he couldnt use the original nazi name?

He switched to the guys brother... I'm not sure he was a nazi tho, can't remember that part.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

07-17-2019, 08:49 PMDangles13 Wrote: Guy being dumbass. Jruutu: "better ride or die for this guy."

Also Jruutu: better stab my team in the back and blow up a LR and get traded.

lowkey jruutu ruined what we had going in seattle ngl

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

07-18-2019, 04:27 PMSlashACM Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:22 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Hugely agree on the daughter part. I love my fiancee and I hope some day I'll have a daughter I love even more. If either of them got told they should stop pursuing their dream job because they have a vagina I'd probably go ballistic.

What if you have a son

Then nobody will tell them they can't do anything anyway cause they have a dick so it doesn't matter.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

07-18-2019, 04:30 PMGrapehead Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:25 PMSwegButthole Wrote: Lmao i remember that, didnt he change it to another nazi name when he was told he couldnt use the original nazi name?

He switched to the guys brother... I'm not sure he was a nazi tho, can't remember that part.

Oooh thats how it was, lmao

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

@jRuutu how is it you'll fall on your sword to protect a guy who thinks women shouldn't be allowed in public forums, but you'll go out of your way to leak a joke (albeit tasteless) from a teammate in a discord server?

You and I have had our issues in the past (Renegade mentality), but I'm not trying to start shit with you here. I'm genuinely confused why this is the battle you pick. You're going to bat for a guy who turned tail and ran away from his multiple offensive comments, and who doubled down on it by making a battle of the sexes signature, and then promptly retired from two leagues he was in.

I understand wanting to stop people from bullying the guy who is basically bullying the women of the league, but where was this outrage with the King situation? Why didn't you go to bat for a guy who admitted to skirting the rules, but didn't offend anyone? I'm in no means insinuating, but I am curious if you share the same views as @PenKnight and that's why you're going so hard at this?

Again, I'm not trying to come at you offensively here. I'm sure it may seem like it. I don't want to turn this into a thunderdome post. If you don't want to answer here, feel free to pm me.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

07-18-2019, 04:32 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: What if you have a son

Then nobody will tell them they can't do anything anyway cause they have a dick so it doesn't matter.

I'll tell him he can't have sex with me because he has a dick

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-18-2019, 04:34 PMSlashACM Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:32 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Then nobody will tell them they can't do anything anyway cause they have a dick so it doesn't matter.

I'll tell him he can't have sex with me because he has a dick

Homophobe

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

07-18-2019, 04:31 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
07-17-2019, 08:49 PMDangles13 Wrote: Guy being dumbass. Jruutu: "better ride or die for this guy."

Also Jruutu: better stab my team in the back and blow up a LR and get traded.

lowkey jruutu ruined what we had going in seattle ngl

As part of that Seattle team, I can safely say @jRuutu absolutely did not ruin that team. It wasn't a pretty incident, but it sure wasn't the catalyst.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

07-18-2019, 04:09 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:04 PMjRuutu Wrote: But is that person who says those things going to actually stop you from doing what you want? If one person is able to stop you from doing what you want simply by saying you don´t belong where you are going - is it possible that the chances of you actually making it is not that high? How is it possible that one person can stop you with his/her words?

We all want PK to realize he's being sexist and stop but he's made it clear he won't. Which means he deserves all the shit he gets. You want to be ignorant? Sure whatever this forum generally allows for free speech as long as it's not a personal attack outside of reason. But you're gonna get shit on because you're being ignorant. Sexism isn't okay, full stop. You don't get a free pass from the consequences of being sexist because calling people out for being sexist is "mean". Fuck outta here with that shit. I'm past caring if he changes, I just want him to shut up. You see his sig? Fucking "Battle of the Sexes". He's being an asshat and proud of it.

The picture I got from this case is that PK was put on blast for his comments, people have been piling on him ever since and very little interaction between the two sides. Most people don´t care that much if he changes or not, I honestly believe that. SHL likes a good thunderdome show - now PK and his case has been the bigger one lately and what we have learned from this is very little. What I have learned is that if it´s even slightly controversial - do not say it in SHL.

The fact that someone I used to respect is now defending pk makes me sad

Sure, we may have pushed that dipshit away, but Cal said the truth: he wasn't willing to change. I don't think anyone wants to push away anyone else, but when you say shit like he said, and then double down on that, get the fuck out of my league. I'm lucky enough to have women (ej and peebs) as my teammates, and I'm pretty sure they'd rip pk to shreds if he didn't leave the pride discord first because we have women on our team (and jiggly). Why anyone would defend him, to me, is inconcievable.

07-18-2019, 04:35 PMwumaduce Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:31 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: lowkey jruutu ruined what we had going in seattle ngl

As part of that Seattle team, I can safely say @jRuutu absolutely did not ruin that team. It wasn't a pretty incident, but it sure wasn't the catalyst.

I probably did overstate that but it certainly didn't help. We went from a promising young team to tanking in an alarmingly short time, partly due to that incident

07-18-2019, 04:37 PMjRuutu Wrote: What I have learned is that if it´s even slightly controversial - do not say it in SHL.

Don't say it anywhere. This isn't an SHL thing. Dude said women were "invading sports". Like this isn't some SHL only issue. If you said that IRL you'd get as much shit as PK got here.

This is just awful takes

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

07-18-2019, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote:
07-18-2019, 01:08 PMGrapehead Wrote: That's the thing for me... being from another generation is an excuse for being ignorant of something, it's not an excuse to carry on spreading ignorant shit when you're called out on something. If he hadn't doubled, then tripled and quadrupled down on the sexism, this easily could've blown over by now. A lot of people have said ignorant/hurtful shit on the site, gotten called out, and cleaned up their act (at least in public), but the community generally reacts poorly to people who dig in and try to stand their ground on gross shit they say.

At the same time it´s still ok for the group to keep throwing rocks at the guy who said ´gross shit´. When is it going to stop - when are those people getting called out for being just as toxic? PenKnight now has a certain reputation not just in SHL, but in other leagues as well - bit harsh ´punishment´ for saying what you think, no?  

People in the past had a lot thicker skin than people today, these days people just wait and wait just to get offended about something.
Actually about as just as a punishment gets

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page