Create Account

S48 Championship Week

TASK 6:

I wanted to be a center because I wanted to have a large effect on the outcome of the game. I wanted to be in a position where I can help the team in all situations.  Offensive zone, defensive zone, I just want to win.  I chose to be a two way center like Patrice Bergeron or Nico Hischier.  I wanted to put up big points while also being very responsible in my own zone.  I want to be the player you put on the top line and the guy you want out there when the game is on the line.  Mika loves the pressure and the responsibility of being a go to guy on the ice.  I want to be a guy who is constantly at the top of the league in points and also +/-.  Personal accolades don’t mean as much as winning a championship.  I want to put the team first and be there for them throughout my career.

TASK 1:

If I have to choose a player from one of the teams in the finals this season to build a franchise around, it would absolutely have to be Noah Gallagher (@fever95).  Gallagher is an absolute stud and I was lucky to have been able to play with him last season on the St. Louis Scarecrows.  Gallagher wants to win.  He wants to be the best player that he can be.  He's a team first kind of guy and is a great presence in the locker room.  Any team would be lucky to have him around.  On top of that, he's so skilled.  He was a dominant force in the minors and he's going to be a star at the next level as well.  His first season in the SHL saw him go all the way to the challenge cup finals!  That's the guy I want on my team when starting to build a dream team.

TASK 10:

Let's take a quick stroll down memory lane and have a look at the final series of the S44 SHL Playoffs which saw the Winnipeg Jets take on the West Kendall Platoon!  This series saw the Jets taking home the Challenge Cup in four games to West Kendall's two games.  Corey Bearss started off the series the right way having himself a three point night for Winnipeg in the first game and first win of the series for them.  Alex Light lead West Kendall in game two with two goals to help them bounce back and tie the series up with a dominant 5-1 win.  With the series tied at 1-1, Crossfit Jesus has a huge four point night including a hat trick!  Winnipeg would go on to win games three and four with four players having a three point night in game four!  With the series at 3-1 Winnipeg, West Kendall bounced back and took game 5.  The series came to an end with Winnipeg getting the win with an evenly balanced score sheet among its players.  So in six games, the Winnipeg Jets became Challenge Cup champions, defeating the West Kendall Platoon in six games.  S44 Playoff Index

TASK 3:

On move out day, Kandinsky walked into the GM offices of @Nictoxand @TML99 for a post-mortem on what turned out to be a successful, yet, bittersweet season for the Scarecrows.  The GMs were ecstatic about my performance on the season.  Making a huge leap from rookie to second in the league in points and also the second highest single season point total in St. Louis history.  They thought the overall game play was great.  They were hoping that I'd show up a little bit bigger in the playoffs even though I went a point per game.  It would have been nice to take charge and find more ways to score some goals when the team was struggling.  They were also ecstatic with my two way play as I ended with the highest +/- in a season for a top scoring forward in St. Louis history.  On top of this, captain Nicolaj Muller (@esilverm) had this to say "you did well on being good and you did poorly on being bad".  So there you have it, the performance review for Mika Kandinsky's season.  Going forward, the GMs would like me to continue expanding my leadership position on the team and to hopefully come back next season to help lead the team into the finals and to win a four star cup.

TASK 8:

"Ladies and gentleman boys and girls, get ready for a series that is going to knock your socks off?  You think you like hockey?  You don't even know what hockey is!  The SHL finals between the Winnipeg Jets and the Buffalo Stampede is about to get under way and you are not going to want to miss this one!  The underdog and surprise finalist Winnipeg Jets are looking to cap off a fairy tale season against Buffalo who have been in the finals for two of the last three seasons.  Who will come on top?  Who will be the leader that steps up and takes their team to victory?  Heroes will emerge, foes will be created, and you will be entertained!  The greatest sports event of the year is about to get started, there's nothing like playoff hockey, baby!  The battle for the Challenge Cup, is coming!"

For this promo to air, it can be done on no other podcast than the Joe Cast by @JKortesi81.  Joe is a real veteran of the league and has done 13 episodes of his podcast.  He gets listeners and that's where the promo needs to go.  When Joe speaks, the people listen.  So if you want to get more people watching the final series, just give the script to Joe and let him work his magic.

TASK 5:
Code:
1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

Forwards: Jason Visser, Lil Manius, Noah Gallagher
Defense: Connor Tanner, Alexis Metzler
Goalie: Cedric Moreau

I think this team is a solid point producing squad.  Buffalo D-men have been racking up points over the regular season and playoffs while the Winnipeg forwards hit and get points.  Noah Gallagher is my rookie choice to be on the team because he's a stud and he's going to be great.  And for goalie, I have to pick Cedric Moreau from the Jets because his playoff performance has been stellar so far.  .937% sv and a 2.03 GAA, sign me up!

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Cassius Darrow @hhh81 from the Buffalo Stampede would be my choice. He was drafted by the Stampede in S45 (and by the Colorado Raptors in S44). Solid, puck-moving defense men are always a premium in any modern hockey league, and Darrow is just that. On the ice, he is just rounding into peak TPE and performance form. Currently he's buried on the depth chart, but he's soon to have his breakout year. Off the ice, he is the General Manager for the Colorado Raptors. In his role there, he is a great resource for rookies and vets. He constantly keeps the locker room engaged and fun, and is a true "locker room guy". In his impeding free agency, whoever wins the Darrow sweepstakes will be extremely happy!

CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)
@ml002 is the co-General Manager for the Toronto North Stars. I know we've talked about this a little on discord,  but here are my thoughts on the upcoming season. I think we agree that ja'aj will still be down in the SMJHL for the entirety of next season. I am up for a new contract, and we have talked  about some kind of raise for an extension, in exchange for me continuing to gain TPE and have myself ready for when I'll be called up in or around the following season. the expectation is for me to improve certian aspects of ja'aj when I'm called up - and I plan on keeping my side of the bargain.

CW TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
I've been on the Colorado Raptors for the last 3 plus seasons. between last season and this one, ja'aj coitus-wagg has been at the SMJHL capped limit of 350 TPE. The type of player I wanted to be wasn't really modeled after one specific nhl player or an archetype. I wanted to be indispensable and versatile. a lights-out face off taker, shut down defender, and can chip in a little bit on offense. I chose center as my position. This was obviously to be able to take face offs, helping to drive possession. but also because I wanted to be able to be flexible and move around the forward positions with pretty much no hesitation or other issue. I am still upping my TPE count so that once called up, I will be able to contribute right away!

Task 13:
Pm'ed

CW TASK: (Written, 3 TPE)
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

How good are the BUF prospects? Well so good that Daco sent himself into exile pining over them *rim shot*. If I were to be building around a couple of players on the Buffalo team I would have my eyes around Lallo Selman (@BDonini) and Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine). Both of these are tremendous contributors on and off the ice as is shown in Anaheim’s most recent trip to the 4 star cup final. Selman has shown that even during the post season he can be a natural goal scorer putting leading the team with 6 goals these playoffs and a confirmed 37 shots on net. Luffy has become a top point producer notching 6 goals and 9 assists on the path of their own championships. Off the ice both Selman and Luffy are great in the locker room. Their presence makes the other people around them better and that in turn creates for a better team. These 2 are the cream of the crop and should be core members of the Buffalo system for years to come.

For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what you’ve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

@Velevra @O4L I think we can all agree that I am killing it. With 1 championship under my belt and actively working on finishing off that second one I think I am establishing myself as a goalie who not only can be part of a winning team but the goalie who can outright steal games and be the MVP a dynasty needs. However this is the J and I have been here for 3 season now so of course I should be dominating, I expect a bit of regression in my first season or 2 while I iron out my build but that will come. I can see my and Sorokin being an excellent 1a and 1b combo, in fact I think it will be safe to say that you will have the most handsome duo in the SHL next year. S49 should be a big stepping stone for CHI and I think myself and every other prospect are amped to be part of the better SHL expansion team.

Task 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

Viktor Marius (BUF) - Hippo Passamus (BUF) - Louie Garrett (BUF)
                                Alexis Metzler (BUF)  -  Slip McScruff (WIN) (Youngin’)
                                                Cedric Moreau (WIN)
I elected to keep Buffalos super line together because these guys have so much chemistry breaking them up should be a sin against nature. For Defence I elected Alex Metzler as he is putting up some great offensive numbers from the back end and Slip because he is going to be a super star one day. Finally backing it all up Cedric Moreau because it was really a coin flip because both goalies in this series look great.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

I am going to give the advantage here to Buffalo’s Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker. Not only are they contributing defensively but they are giving solid offensive production to their team. Winnipeg is going to have to play a major shutdown game if they hope to stand a chance from this juggernaut team.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

Yikes I just flipped through the stats to start writing a statistical view of how they got here. But how the heck did Winnipeg get this far? They have far and away the lowest point totals for these playoffs. This series strikes me as The Little Engine That Could but at the end the little engine is summarily executed by Thomas the Tank Engine and friends. That being said now we have a total underdog story and I can’t help but root entirely for Winnipeg.

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

Biggest reason is that Buffalo has done a great job of always bringing in good talented players which has given them the ability to continue to push. Add that in with absolutely lights out goal tending and it allows them to be constantly competitive. I don’t see BUF dropping off anytime soon so I think we can expect them to be a dominant force for a while still.

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

I am going to give the edge to Cedric Robinson. Their save% are very close and so is the GAA, for this statistically I am going to move onto Shutouts and Wins. With 4 shutouts we can see Robinson can elevate his game to point where he is stealing wins for his team. This is the biggest ask of a goalie and Robinson has stepped up 4 times in the course of these playoffs.

For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

I chose my player because I love goaltending and I know how critical this position can be to a team. The honest answer to this question is have no template in mind for who I am creating. I have started building a player with the end goal of being consistent. If I can create a player who is consistent then I give my team a chance to know what they are getting every game and if they know what they are getting from me then we can build a better team in front. Even if I am in fact not the most elite goalie in the league having that consistent presence allows for the team to fill in the gaps that I might not have. Hockey is a team game and as such I choose to try and build for a team. As I move from my SMJHL team to my SHL team there is sure to be some growing pains as I will have to continue building for the bigger league but I am up to the task.

TASK 13: (Submitted)

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Task 1:
If you are going to build a team around one player, there are certain qualities that player must posses to have success. They must have a high hockey IQ along with strong leadership skills to push his team through the tough times. While both teams have a strong choice for this situation, Winnipeg has a rookie player who has already shown how good he can be in the future. Nick Brain  @StadiumGambler has been able to get first line minutes despite being a rookie in the SHL. (something that is very hard to achieve in this league) Brain finished the regular season with 14 goals and 14 assists for a total of 28 points. He is a strong skater with both amazing offensive and defensive abilities for a young forward. According to his teammates he is also one of the best on his team when it comes to dropping the gloves to defend himself or his team.

Task 3: 
The SHL season has come and gone once again for the San Francisco Pride, and while we finished the year the same way as the season before, (Out in the first round.) I think the season was a little more successful. There are some changes that do need to be made for next season that should be addressed fairly quickly. We have some players that are retiring and need to be sure we fill those open spots with the right players, with either free agents or from our own prospects. Some players need new contracts, (Including myself) so negotiations for them should likely start soon. As for myself, I need to continue to train and get better in certain areas to help my team get back to playoffs and hopefully passed the first round next season. I want to continue focusing my training on my skating and puck handling as we head into the new season. @Grapehead @tweedledunn 

Task 5:
1. My choices for this years Challenge Cup Fantasy All Star Team are as follows:

G - Cedric Robinson - While both goalies have good stats, Cedric has a better record so far in these playoffs.
D - Alexis Metzler - 3 goals and 11 assists put Alexis at the top of point scoring defenseman.
D - Gary Grease - My personal favorite defenseman in this series. (No offense to the others.)
F - Hippo Passamus - When creating a strong fantasy team, you need at least one strong setup man, this is mine.
F - Ola Wagstrom - While the Jets have a more balance scoring team, Wagstrom has been the best of them.
F - Bobby Sharp - 9 points so far in these playoffs for this talented rookie.

2. When looking at the defense of these teams, Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker stand out for Buffalo and Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff are the bright spots for Winnipeg. While all these are very skilled and evenly matched up, I give the edge to the Winnipeg Jets. The defensive skills by the Jets trio seems to be a bit stronger and harder to combat.

3. The surprising playoff run of the Winnipeg Jets shouldn't have been as big of a shock as many seem to look at it as. The team may not have many major stand out stars, they have the most heart and the strongest will to win. The Jets are the SHL version of the Vegas Golden Knights.

5. These two amazing netminders have been the standouts of their teams. Both have taken their games up another level and proven they are two of the best. In this series I believe Cedric Robinson has the advantage based on the players in front of him. The Stampede have a more offensive team which should give Cedric Moreau a more difficult task, although the defense for the Jets can make things very interesting.

Task 10: 
Today we will be going back and reviewing a randomly chosen past SHL Challenge Cup Final. Thanks to a random number generator we will be looking at S32. The New England Wolfpack defeated the Edmonton Blizzard in 5 games to win the Championship. Patrikov Bure led the playoffs in both Goals (11) and Points (24). The Wolfpack defeated the West Kendall Platoon and the Toronto North Stars to make it to the finals. Edmonton passed by the Texas Renegades and the Seattle Riot to get to the bitter end of losing to the Wolfpack in the finals. Jakob Tanner finished the playoofs with a Save % of 0.928 and a GAA of 2.14. Edmonton had 3 players tied with 16 points, Tommy Creller, Ivan Koroviev, and Winston Windsor. Although he was unable to backstop his team to a Championship, Brett Broadway finished with a Save% of 0.912 and a GAA of 2.40. 

Task 13: 
PM sent

Code:
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)
I will tell you what, I don't often find myself looking at the Buffalo Stampede or Winnipeg Jets rosters, but whenever I do, I see what @hhh81 is getting up to with his player build on the Buffalo Stampede. As a defenseman who was drafted in season 45 with him in the SHL, there were a lot of big name recreates who were the talks of the town, but you know who else made a name for himself in that draft? My boi hhh. His seemingly quick, well-written articles put him on everyone's radar, and with almost 1,000 TPE to his name, I hope he stays around for years to come to help shape the league. He's already doing that as an SMJHL GM of the Colorado Raptors, and off the ice, he's been nothing but lovely to chat with. Honestly, him still being on Buffalo makes me think I'm missing something with that team and maybe they aren't all meme lords. So, he's already shaping the image of that franchise for me. He's showing great leadership and I only wish him to get hecked when it's a Pride vs. Stampede match-up. Keep on doing you, hhh.
WC: 197

Code:
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

Hi @Grapehead and @tweedledunn , so Dom had a better first SHL season than I expected, that was nice. He blocked a decent amount of shots and got some decent points, and I like to think would have been a responsible rookie presence in the locker room among the others, what with his partner already having been through his rookie season and showing Dom the ropes. I am going to hope Dom improves on all the things next season - passing, skating, and strength in particular since his defense and puck handling attributes are maxed out. Gotta get that assist milestone TPE and also be a fast strong boi to play those penality kill minutes. I am fine with his role on the third line, but hopefully your confidence in him being on the ice improves as he gets stronker. I would like Dom to get a hair cut soon and also help one of the older teammates decide on a boat to purchase, since Leo will judge him if he tries to get one in San Francisco when he's only been up a season. Important stuff.
WC: 185

Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 3 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?
Both Cedrics are extremely hot, but Robinson is by far hotter and I'll tell you why. He had a long IIHF season on Team Great Britain this past off-season winning gold for the team and everything, and with Buffalo's good season, he just had that advantage of a confidence boost ya know. He's also boasting the most shutouts in the playoffs (4) and wins. Sure Moreau has a better save percentage and goals against average, but we're gonna go with the GB goalie here.
WC: 84

Code:
CW TASK 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

Voice 1: So, like, we should probably talk about the Challenge Cup, right?

Voice 2: Yeah, probably. It's been forty minutes and we said we were going to.

Voice 1: Yeah, but no grader is listening anymore. Let's talk about high school science class. Just kidding, so the Buffalo Stampede versus the Winnipeg Jets.

Voice 2: I literally don't know anything about the Winnipeg Jets, the SHL or the NHL. But good for them, they seem like they do well.

Voice 1: Yeah, gg, Jets. Did Buffalo have any drama this year, or this season? So much else happened, I don't even know.

Voice 2: Yeah, I don't know. So that's probably good for them. Do you want to make our winning predictions?

Voice 1: I think--No, I don't care. Hope the best team wins. For fans listening, we hope your favorite team wins. As for the Wolfpack, we're in a *retool.*

Voice 2: A retool.

Voice 1: A retool.

The only podcast this Challenge Cup ad script could appear on is The Big Dick Guys Hour podcast with @5ympathies and @goldenglutes since it was written for them in mind since it's the only podcast I've listened to every episode. I don't know why, but it is. Gg. Hopefully these homies care more about the Challenge Cup, but since I'm the only one who is probably listening forty minutes into their eps, this is the conversation I would expect from them. You can guess who voice 1 and 2 would be, hopefully.
WC: 160/92

Code:
CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: D6EYzfa.png]

Code:
CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
2. Name 3 players in the Winnipeg Hall of fame
3. Who was Buffalos's 1st round draft pick back in S34?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
PM sent

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

I would start my team with a very speciall player, whom I shared a locker room with for 3 seasons. We came in to the Smjhl at the same time, back in season 45 and we were drafted in the season 46 entry draft. He was picked by Winnipeg Jets at 11th overall, former Colorado Raptors Captain, Nick "Big Dick Nick" Brain. He is a great competitor and a franchise player, I am sure he will be in the hall of fame when he feel his time has come to hang up the skates. There is few players that brings what Nick has, he is a leader both on and of the ice and. He's passionet and that is very important. Rock solid to build a team around, offensively gifted and never gives up in his own zone, physicality is a big part of his game and he can get the puck from tight areas. Other great pick could he Cassius Darrow, yiung defenseman on Buffalo, also a former Captain for Colorado or Brains teammate Michael Scarn who oike the two others also played for Colorado in the SMJHL.

For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

So, it's that time of there year again, Locker room clean out, I won't be coming back to this precious room, ever again. It's tough for sure.. I have had some of my greatest moments in this locker room, with the team I love and the guys I cherish. I had a great career here, at least in my own opinion, even though I wasn't the leader I wanted to be when I was given the honor of wearing the C on my chest. In 200 games played for this franchise I put up 137 points, we never won anything and it saddens me, I wanted to bring this franchise to the top. But in the end winning isn't everything, I have gotten to know some amazing people over the last 4 seasons and I would never trade that for any amounts of wins and cups and trophies. My time here has come to a close.. but with great management and some good young players I have faith that Colorado will raise the cup soon enough. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this great Franchise and Locker room. @hhh81  @Sleepy  @39alaska39  @Good_Ole_Kimmy

CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

For the forwards I will pick Victor Marius, he is a great player for Buffalo, he scores goals, sets up teammates and lays big his, everything you want in fansaty, next we have Hippo passamus, he puts up huge amounts of points both on the ice and in fansaty. For the last forward I have to go with Kevin Hamilton, he is much like Viktor Marius, scored and hits hard. For the defensmen I pick Cassius Darrow from buffalo and Gary Grease Winnipeg, Darrow is a young guys with high potential and he can put up points. Gary is a big hitter.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why? 

I'm sure that Buffalos defensive core is much better than Winnipeg Jets, Captain Alexis Metzer and Cassius Darrow are two great defenders that isn't mentioned here which adds a hughe depth for Buffalo but I also thing their top end defensmen ars better than Winnipegs. Troy McClure III is a beast but when you have the pieces buffalo has it kind of cancels out.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

I think that they have a great young core with Ola Wagström, Michael Scarn and Nick Brain just to mention a few. But what they have managed to do is have a core of older veterans that are still great players. Some of whom are out performing expectations coming in to the season, it is grwat for Winnopegs young players to get the experience but I don't think they should trade futures to try and get back next season too.

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

It's a combination of players and management. They just seem to be on a roll, they have a very strong core of veteran players and a very strong young core that is up coming, they have a chanse to be a cup contender for a long long time if they play their cards right. I think they will, they have a truly great management.

For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

The Player I want to be... I chose to play Center, a important role in hockey, I like the defensive responsibility that comes with being a center. One of my all time favorite players is Henrik Zetterberg, he started of at the wing but he played alot at center as well, I love his poise and how good he is with the puck and the way he sees the game. I want to model my game after him, so I chose Defense as one of my strengths, Henrik was nominated for the Selke trophy multiple times but never won it. I also chose passing as a strength I like to assist more than to score. There is something special about setting up others for success. My last strength is Skating, flying round the ice can never be a bad thing. I finished my last season in the SMJHL now and wilk head up to San Francisco and I feel ready to contribute.

Task 13 - message the following to username "PT Director" with the subject "#ACE of Base" 

Message sent

[Image: knute.jpg]

PBE CW PT

TASK 1 (Written, 3 TPE)
Since I cannot chose Lil Manius on the Jets, I would have to go with Nicolaj Muller on Buffalo. Muller is currently the Captain of the St Louis Scarecrows and has been called up to play in the final round of the Challenge Cup playoffs. He is a team first guy who always comes prepared to play. He ended this season in the juniors with a league leading 61 points, which also broke a St Louis single season record for points. He is going to be an elite machine for Buffalo and will make them very dangerous for seasons to come. I expect lots of scoring from this young man and I hope to see his name get put in some more record books. His smart play on the ice is second to none and it is amazing how he did not go first overall his draft season. Off the ice is he is a pleasure to share a locker room with and I know he can bring the activity in the room up. @esilverm
[174]

For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what you've accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into
S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)
Sitting down with Joe is as easy as sitting with a long lost friend, in a bar, on a Friday night, while watch hockey. So when Joe asked to sit down to discuss my season, I did not even worry. We talked shop a bit before getting into the nitty gritty topics. First thing was first, I had 39 points this season. While I was aiming to hit 20 goals and 40 points, I fell short two goals and one point. Joe knew what I wanted to do and he supported me the whole time. While I played a lot of second line minutes, towards the end of the season I found sometime on the first line again. My two way style of play really makes me valuable to this team. I do not take a lot of penalties and I put up good numbers. Joe has me hitting the gym for more strength and endurance training but that is about all I have to do. Next season I should continue to have a top line role and according to Joe, I should break out this season and become a huge asset.    @JKortesi81
[192]

F -Dermot Lavelle, Lil Manius, Ola Wagstrom  D - Alexis Melzler, Slip McScruff G- Cedric Robinson
For me, I looked at it as what makes a good line click. It easy have Lil Manius as a winger, he knows how to score goals and throw his little body around better then most people. Wagstrom and McScruff are two young players already making a difference in Winnipeg help make up their half of the roster. On Buffalo, Melzler is one of these best defenders they have. Just look at all the shot blocks! Lavelle is the best forward to take a draw out of both teams so he was another easy pick. Robinson is a good goalie, he has been praised since his junior seasons as one of the next great ones. I think this line up could really make an impact.

Winnipegs group will outshine Buffalo. They have more defensive style of play and do not let a lot of shots on net. Their ability to take the body helps regain control of the puck where they can make quality passes to create offensive chances. Watch for McScruff to take off this series.

It was a surprise indeed! When they played the Specters, I though for sure they would lose, but they proved me wrong there. This franchise had a short rebuild that found it's key pieces before it even started. Manius is the man to build around. Wagstrom coming in only helped secure their top line talent. Slip McScruff on the blue line gives them a solid defender. Flappy has put together a very good team and I expect them to be good for awhile.  @Bonk @StamkosFan @Scrufdaddy @FlappyGiraffe

It is very hard to compare both goalies, honestly. Robinson has been praised his whole career so far for how good he plays. Moreau might just be on a hot stretch that could end at any given point. I expect Moreau to be very good for the Jets, but he will give up some chances that Robinson would not.

Task 13: PM SENT

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 01:31 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Let me preface this by saying that CW is annoying as fuck and needs to go away. It's not the PT teams fault as you have merely inherited this system and have actually done a few things to make it suck less, but overall it is still a chore for pretty much everyone and I think it would be much better for the league if we got rid of CW and instead use the TPE we "freed up" by this to try out new, more exciting things.

Quote:CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

That's an easy one, Cassius Darrow @hhh81. Not only is he already a good player for the Buffalo Stampede who has been progressing ever since he was first drafted into the SMJHL by the Colorado Raptors, he has also shown great character and leadership throughout his stay in the league. For a team that has put a quality product on the ice for quite some time now, but has also had a lot of problems with bullying and toxicity, he is exactly what they need to keep moving the team into the right direction. Even though he is a young player and member, Darrow already has plenty experience both in an on-ice and off-ice leadership role, serving as Captain and later GM for the Raptors and from what I've heard, he has already brought a lot of those qualities to Buffalo as well, holding people accountable but also supporting them. Darrow played in a relatively limited role these playoffs but already put up double-digit point numbers in just about 14 minutes of ice time. With an aging D corps in Buffalo you can expect him to get a lot more of those very soon, and there is no doubt in my mind that he'll make the most of that opportunity.

Quote:CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)

The big issue for my player this season was, well, stagnation. As a Season 43 player he should be well into his prime now, but for multiple season Philipp has failed to take that next step and go from a good player to a great one that you can build a franchise around. And it wasn't the first time either that he started the season quite hot, scoring at a nice pace and finding good chemistry with teammates such as Max Mauldin, only to then fall into a mid-to-lateseason slump and end the year with 30ish points. So if there is one thing that needs to change next season it's that, because if he doesn't pick it up soon then the more likely it becomes that he never will - at least not in LA. Maybe if Philipp has yet another mediocre season, both him and the team might consider going into a different direction and parting ways...

Quote:CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series. (*tag anyone involved)

1. I'll start with Viktor Marius and Hippo Passamus because there is just no way around this dynamic duo that dominated the postseason like nobody else in recent memory. Complementing them at forward will be rookie sensation and fellow Raptors alumnus Nick Brain. At defense I'm running Cassius Darrow and Gary Grease for even more Raptors power and backstopping them will be Cedric Robinson because he is very good.

2. Buffalos group does have more quality right now and especially experience, for example the question didn't even mention grizzled veteran Alexis Metzler who might not be in his "prime" anymore, but has refused to let old age catch up to him for years now. He isn't the only Stampede defender who is on the older side so the Jets corps might very well be better a few years down the road, but until then the Buffalo blue line reigns surpreme - and don't forget that young players such as Cassius Darrow are already waiting in the wings as well.

3. For the Winnipeg Jets, it all came down to teamwork and being a tight-knit group in these playoffs. They were the underdog in more than just one series but surprised a lot of people, and it would be to easy to say that they just rode a red hot Cedric Moreau, even though he was a big factor. Their young players played especially well, with many of them having breakout performances in these playoffs even though they've just been in the league a year or two.

5. Well since I'm answering this question after the postseason has concluded it isn't too hard to see that Cedric Robinson ended up having the upper hand, but that's no slight against Moreau. Both netminders played incredibly well and you could even argue that Moreau's overall performance during the playoffs was more impressive, as he didn't have as much talent in front of him as Robinson.

Quote:CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

I wanted to write a very special playoff run by a specific player but sadly the Bojo Box is down at the moment so I can't retrieve his individual data. I will try to add it later when it's back up again but until then, I'll have to make due with just what is in my memory because sadly the index isn't available either. But I think it's a story that is so incredible that it just needs to be told, so here it goes...

The player I'm talking about is Fabian Fuhrberg and the year is Season 17. "Who?" is what I assume a lot of you are asking now and I can't blame you, especially if you are a newer member. Fuhrberg isn't exactly a player who had an outstanding career and wrote his name into the annals of the SHL this way. He isn't in the HoF, never made an All-Star team and ended his career with a rather unimpressive .887% Save Percentage and 2.996 GAA in just a little over 300 games. On top of that, Fuhrberg was inactive for a significant portion of his career and therefore spent most of his time in the league in the 400-500 TPE-range which, even in a league with a lot less inflation than we have today, was very low for a starting goaltender. So why am I talking about him then? Well in Season 17, it was this unlikely hero who single-handedly carried the Los Angeles Panthers to the Challenge Cup, their last one to date. It was a complete fluke and a true cinderelly story but for a precious few weeks, this 400 TPE journeyman was the very best player in the entire SHL and he led a team full of underdogs to a Championship. Fuhrberg was awarded with the Anton Razov Trophy (Playoff MVP) for his performance, his only award or award nomination in his career, and the Panthers have been waiting for another cup ever since...

Quote:CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Done

Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. If you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

Every team is always looking out for that franchise player, or if they are lucky players. I think Winnipeg has this opportunity in Nick Brain @StadiumGambler. Brain is a big bodied, physical, goal scorer. The kind of player that other GMs salivate over. Relatively quiet off the ice, but does he ever made up for it on the ice. With 28 points in his rookie campaign and 5 fighting majors, Brain was a fan favorite from game 1 to 50. When Evans retired it left a huge hole in the Winnipeg core, and even though Brain is a few years from maturing into a full-fledged SHLer, he has begun taking the steps that the Jets need him to. Other teams need to keep their heads up moving forward. I think Brain is going to end up being the prototypical player of the future for the Jets who will both lead them on the scoreboard but also lead the league in hits and set the tone for the franchise.

For most of us S48 is over and now it’s time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! Talk to your GM's about what you’ve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

@Ace my dude. Everyone knows what I am going to do, and the direction I am going to be going. I’m not looking to lead the league in D scoring, but PK minutes? That’s my jam. Don’t get me wrong. I’ll be serviceable as a scoring defensemen, but that won’t be until the tail end of my development. Right out of the gate it’s about getting defense as good as I can. Looking at the team we have a solid group of prospects and I will be on the tail end of them in terms of development, which is fine. We have a season or so left to truly develop and get people to where they need to be and that is fine, just don’t do anything stupid. Flareon and Glutes will be an awesome top pair as Bitties and Kaiju begin to decline and I will probably fit in as the shutdown guy in the future. For the most part I am rambling for 3 TPE so don’t judge me.

This was an easy choice for me. Since I started in the league back in 2016 (FML) I have always tried to make a physical player because those are the most fun for me to watch. Now on my 2nd player, that’s what I am going for. I am trying to build the Lord Vader of the future. Vader was an underappreciated defensemen who didn’t get a lot of attention, but boy did I love having him on my team. A PK specialist who is known more for blocking shots than making shots, and who isn’t afraid to play the body as well. It’s a boring style, and one I find the league moving away from more and more every season, but I think there will always be a spot in any lineup for this type of player. So I would be expecting to see another Horvat on the league leaderboard for hits before seeing them on the scoring leaderboard.

CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [Include link to archives]

It was the season 36 Challenge Cup, and Piotr wasn’t playing in the SHL, yet, but his older brother was. It was Texas vs New England. There we quite a few big name players on both sides. Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen, and Conklin Owen making up the core for Texas, with some great supporting players like Adam Falk and Sven Karlsson helping to round out an outstanding roster. New England was built a little differently, and they even had some all-stars playing in their rookie seasons. Patrikov Bure, Dieter Dominique, and Mikke Laukkanen, and Brett Kennedy making his first post-season appearance. It was a hard fought series that saw Texas take the first two games of the series at home and then go on to trade wins and finally take the series on the road against the New England crowd. This was a great win by the Renegades, but even with the same core they were never able to get back to the cup.

http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S3...index.html

[Image: horvat3.png]

Code:

After looking up the rosters the only person who I know is pretty good youth wise is Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine). I may have only known him from the anime to begin with cause it does make his name stand out more but the Japanese is doing really well with Anaheim this season having gotten to another junior league final and Buffalo can definitely build a team around this guy. It is unsure whether or not Zoro and the Straw Hat pirates are aware that Luffy is taking quite a bit of time out to aim for ice hockey glory but if Buffalo keep him happy with meat I am sure more success for Buffalo will continue in the future.

He was overall an easy choice to choose from because honestly he is the only talented and elite youngster from this SHL rosters available. The rest of the youth will flop and fail, especially the absolutely trash Season 48 kids they both picked up. Do not include this built team around luffy with those vermin. No exceptions.

[177 words]

Code:

First off, how dare you imply my season is over. Vancouver are still going strong, not my fault the rest of you cannot get to a final. Secondly, I have accomplished hitting the junior cap and have a pretty good build that makes me pop off hard in a game every now and again whilst dominating face-offs. So my goals for this season are going well. The future goal me and @Leppish have discussed is just get more TPE and stay down with the best junior team in Vancouver until I have a decent amount of TPE gathered so I can help improve the Minnesota Chiefs and more importantly talk shit to every lying scummy as fuck team in the SHL big leagues when I make them my bitch.

Not that I have a vendetta against every team in the SHL. Some did not lie to me or even approach me which is fair enough but when I finally win a ring in the SHL the immediate plan is to laugh and point down at every vermin GM from the gutter as they beg for mercy.

[186 words]

Code:

1. Having not followed the garbage of the SHL regular season cause I am in the junior league I decided to make my team based off whoever got the most points.

Forwards: Jason Visser and Dermot Leville
Defenders: Tatu Makela and Monkey D. Luffy (My 1 young player, on Anaheim but will be a monster for BUF)
Goalie: Cedric Moreau

Probably not the best team but I like it and it'll do for fantasy.

[73 words]

2. If truth be told my prediction for this 3 vs 3 little match up will be a lot closer by the end statistically than a lot of people will be expecting. However I believe the team of Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker will end up just outshining the other respective line.

[53 words]

3. My personal thoughts of how the Jets made the finals is because the rest of the Western Conference teams fucking suck. Like absolute trash tier. However, the Jets are the exception and deserve to be in the finals. They can thank @Troy_McClure03 and @FlappyGiraffe for them getting to the finals for doing a great job this season as General Managers.

[60 words]

4.  I think it is a fairly simple reason as to why they have made 2 out of 3 finals. They have good General Managers in @WannabeFinn and @Tomen and are the main reason this team plays very good ice hockey (Or many they pay Simon T? Probably this most likely lol) 

Either way whatever they are doing is working.

[59 words]

Code:

If I am honest I heavily disagree that it is hard to build your dude.  I have no idea what to do and even I am on track now. You literally just ask for help from your junior manager for advice or in my case @aaronwilson what I should do and the big brain himself gives me the correct advice to become a good player. All I needed to really focus on was what position I needed to play lol.

The type of player I want to be is just whatever the team that actually wants me statistically that helps them the most. However, I cannot say I am going into this league wanting to be any real life ice hockey player nor anyone in this league. Jon hates most SHL teams now since they lied and bullshitted him through the draft so if I had to pick anyone it would probably be The Bride in Kill Bill if anyone. Got to get revenge on everyone. I can always make Jon do the Crazy 88 sword fight scene in the worst case scenario lol

[184 words]

Code:

I have PM'd and sent it.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 09:23 AM by Mavfatha.)

NSFL PT

CW Task 1:

Looking through the Stampede roster I pretty quickly found the player that I would want to build a team around, who's both young enough to have staying power for many seasons to come while already being developed enough to be a positive contributor on the ice: Alexander Selich @Tomen. Despite lacking the physical presence that I prefer to see, Selich checks pretty much all the other boxes that one would expect out of a two-way forward. He is already quite skilled in a number of areas, from his natural speed, to his defensive skills, to his ability to create points for the team both by scoring and by passing. While this didn't translate into a ton of points during the regular season, he was one of the more efficient scorers on the team, finishing second in points per 20 minutes of ice time. Off the ice, I've dealt with Selich a fair bit, and have always been impressed with both his knowledge of the game and willingness to learn more. He'd be a great face of the franchise for any team out there.

CW TASK 3:

In many of my previous seasons, the sit down with General Manager @Ace was not particularly pleasant for me. He'd go on and on about how I really needed to stop only going for hits and actually keep my head up and try to score some points for once, and I'd ignore him and continue going only for hits. However, this season was a bit different, as I was one of the the leading scorers on the team, so he was proud of me this time around. I knew for a fact that I was still only going for hits and the only reason I scored more was because of a new grip on my stick that increased the probability of the puck deflecting off to my teammates or into the net, but I was not going to tell him that of course. Oh crap he's still talking, guess I better smile and nod my head so it looks like I'm agreeing with his assessments. "Sure thing boss, really looking forward to next season, gonna keep doing what I'm doing." If he only knew...

CW Task 13:

Sent

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 07:50 AM by Fordyford.)

Casual member PM sent

Both of these teams have many prospects, but one stands out. Monkey D. Luffy is far and away the best of the bunch, and a brilliant pickup for Buffalo, to ensure that as their ageing core is phased out, there is a future to build on. With him as the centerpiece, including his outstanding off-ice persona, and his general positive attitude, Buffalo will seek to create a legacy of success for years to come. He is also, by all accounts, a great locker room presence, and will no doubt be a future part of the team's leadership group, most likely wearing the C. His very healthy rivalry with the other standout of his draft class, Borromini Cannelini, will ensure that he continues to seek to improve, to outpace his rival, and it is definitely conceivable that the two will meet in many Challenge cup finals down the line, which could make for an interesting future for both.

Viktor Marius: Marius has been a brilliant performer in fantasy in recent years, and while he wasnt as good this regular season, he still is a standout fantasy player
Nick Brain: This young player has proven himself on the big stage before, winning the IIHF last season with team UK
Lil Manius: One of the best fantasy forwards
Tatu Makela: A brilliant fantasy defenseman
Slip McScruff:  he hits well, and that is key in a fantasy team
Cedric Robinson (if I need a goalie)

Buffalo have been the more consistent team in recent years, so it stands to reason that their defense will outshine that of Winnipeg, and lead them to the championship. It helps that they are in front of a brilliant goalie, but their defense has consistently shown its brilliance, and will continue to do so into this challenge cup.

The obvious reason for success has been the excellent GMing of @Tomen , drafting excellently and building a brilliant core that the franchise can build around and use to make it to Challenge cup finals consistently for many years to come. He stands out as one of the best GMs, and best people, in the league, and his impact cannot be ignored.

Cedric Robinson has the advantage of a slightly better D corps in front of him. I believe that this slight boost will lead him to success in this series, replicating that of 2 seasons ago.  While he has been slightly worse than Moreau over the course of the season, he will stand up in the Cup finals and lead his team to victory.

I went into defense because it is what holds a team together. Forwards like to think they matter, but it doesnt matter how many goals you score if you concede 15 a game. However, Tony Ford is not one to play passively. When he skates the puck into your zone, you'd better believe he's gonna shoot it with a lethal slapshot straight at your goalie, and he'd better be prepared. Think Karsten Kadinger, with his league leading 16 goals for a defenseman. That's the kind of player who pisses off the other team so much that they might just give up, and thats the kind of player Tony Ford has become in the SMJHL. The only question that remains is can he adapt to the big stage next season. That will be the question on the whole league's lips, as well as a question that fans and managers alike of LAP will be asking about him next season.

CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

In S43, the team Tony Ford was originally drafted to (and which used the promising prospect to win a further Challenge Cup), reached the Challenge cup finals against Winnipeg (they would meet again a few seasons later, forming a strong rivalry). It was a series that was closer than the final result seems to say, but even then, one thing became clear. WKP started ahead, and never looked like losing that lead. Kadinger's hat-trick in the first game could be argued as the point at which WKP got a grip on the series that they never loosened, and with greats of the game such as Liefer Rielly, Dani Forsberg and Alex Light showing their talent, what could've stopped them. Well, if anyone could've done it, it would've been Winnipeg, but they were strangled by an excellent performance between the pegs by Beaujeaux Biscuit, to win his second challenge cup, and continue a wonderful run. Between S41 and S47 (that's 7 seasons), they won the cup 3 times, and made the finals 2 more times. What a remarkable record. (Link to game 4 of the sweep: http://simulationhockey.com/games/shl/S4...LF-46.html)

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 01:06 PM by Lunatyck.)

Code:
Now that S48 is over, I thinking is good time to reviewing my season so I can constant improving my performance. If you looking at statistical, I improving my skill almost 70 TPE. This result in me improving my puck handling, endurance, strength, and most recently scoring so I can contributing many in England New Wolfpack. Although I no having many minute on ice because I play 4 line, I hoping that my recent trening helping me move up to maybe 3 line so I can see more time of ice. As you knowing, I am very good at moving puck on ice and using my body to gain position on opponent. I also no afraid to fighting for my team (ask Pavel Pivonka from my SMJHL game - he know not fucking with me anymore). As far as improving go, I think I will continue to listen to treiner and improving primary Scoring and Defense statistic. I want to become top threat for team and now with new sexy ekipment I purchasing, maybe I will find net with puck more in S49.

Code:
CW TASK 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)
**Wait (The Whisper Song) instrumental starts to play**

Hey how you doin? lemme whisper in your ear
Tell you sunthing that you might like to hear
Challenge cup finals guna kick off hard not soft
Buffalo at Winnipeg is cutting edge like microsoft
Now everyone is playin' 100% because they can
With Buffalo and Winnipeg chasin' the cup like a mad man
They say a closed mouth dont get fed
so these teams are opening up so they can get that bread
You heard what i said, you need to get out of bed
So you can stay up and watch the game, use your head
You like to cheer and celebrate when hits get rough
with Buffalo and Winnipeg goin' at it, you;ll get plenty enough
Coaches switchin' lines, ready to get down to business
So pay attention or else you'll have to see what you've been missin'
You might had some SHL experience but you never had none like this
But just wait til you see this... series-ies-ies

This advertisement will be played after the intro to Ace's Four Wheel Drive - SHL Finals Episode. The reason I decided on this podcast is because @Ace  is my GM and I want to get that 10x10 contract signed one day so this is a good enough reason to pick it. Plus, Ace usually records in his car so what better place to have a badass SHL song playing than out of his rattling car speakers?

Code:
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!
[Image: kCD4aj.png]

Code:
TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

Answers sent in PM

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 11:52 AM by Kalakar.)

1. The easy choice is to pick Winnipeg prospect Jax Duggan. The recent Four Star Cup champion has been a cornerstone of the Vancouver defense and is easily one of the best defensemen in the SMJHL right now. It is clear to me you need one of those players in your team no matter what, a guy that can clearly become a leader in the locker room and step up when facing strong teams. The Jets have to be incredibly excited to have a player of his caliber in the pipelines waiting to be called up. Duggan will definitely become one of the next best defenseman in the SHL and any pairing the coach decides to use him on will become the best pairing for Winnipeg as time goes on. Jax has yet to play on the international stage, but Canada has to be extremely eager to have him wear the maple leaf. @SecondSucks22

3. Coming off a strong 48 points season in the SMJHL, Matt Kholin had all eyes on him as he stepped up on the second line once he moved up to Tampa in the SHL. It didn't take long for him to start producing and be an important piece in Tampa for years to come. The rookie worked tirelessly on his skating and passing abilities during the off season so that he could be helpful to the team that drafted him, and it paid off. A strong 33 points rookie season puts him at the top of all rookies this season. Now looking forward to at least 3 more seasons with Tampa, Kholin will have to handle more responsibility as he grows into his position and become one of the next top centers in the SHL. Once his 3 years are up, surely looking back at his stats and how important he is to the team, @JSS and @Jepox will have no choice but to hand him a 10x10 contract.

1. I would select an even number of players from both organizations. The forward group would be Viktor Marius, Lil Manius and Crossfit Jesus. These offensive threats have been at the top of the game for many seasons. On the defensive side, I would select Troy McClure III and Cassius Darrow. The duo are incredible players that any team would love to have. The final piece would be Cedric Robinson in front of the net.
    2. Both groups are incredibly talented, but I would select the Stampede defenders. The veteran blue liners are slightly older than their counterpart, but they have experience in the finals, as they won not too long ago, in season 46. They are among the best top 4 in the league, and they are one of the reasons Buffalo are in the finals right now.
    3. Cedric Moreau posted great playoff stats to keep his team ahead of their opposition, with 2.03 GAA and 0.937 save percentage, which is nothing to scoff at. While their first line suffered a little bit, sophomore player Michael Scarn stepped up for the Jets and had 4 goals and 6 assists which helped them squeeze into the finals. They will still need their first line to act like it if they want to win the championship.
    4. Buffalo have one of the strongest defensive corps in the league, and I believe it is the reason why they can challenge for a second Challenge Cup in 3 seasons. Makela, Tanner, Metzler and Walker have been in the league for a long time now and they know all about blocking shots, timely hits on opposing players and helping their goaltender to make the important saves. 

9. [Image: qz0HDu4.jpg]

13. Sent.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 02:06 PM by ej27.)

[Image: zd63oF8.jpg]

In season forty-one, the West Kendall Platoon beat the Los Angeles Panthers to win the Challenge Cup for the first time in thirty-six seasons.  Their last win previous to this was in season five and it was a hell of a triumph for the Platoon who had been feeling like they'd had all of the right pieces needed to win the cup for a while.  The Panthers pushed the Platoon to seven games, so it was a hard fought series.  Game seven was extremely close as well with the Platoon pulling ahead by one point in the middle of the third period resulting in a final score of 5-4.  Platoon's Mikko Linna had twenty-eight points in twenty games, though the Anton Razov Trophy that season went to Panthers player Maximilian Wächter.  (Side note, Linna was traded to the Calgary Dragons after this season and went on to win the Challenge Cup in season 42 with the Dragons.)   Either way, this was the season that ushered in a new era for the West Kendall Platoon, an era in which they've won the Challenge Cup three times in seven seasons.  

(link to the index is broken, so here’s a link to the archive)  http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=86663

PMed

This season has been a slight improvement in terms of performance for Leopold Lockhart.  After a weak rookie showing in season forty-seven, he was determined to make a bigger difference for the team in season forty-eight, and even though he still didn't make quite the splash he wanted, the season gave him a lot of hope for what's to come.  He improved from twelve points to nineteen points, which isn't that big of a difference, but in juniors, Lockhart did most of his scoring on the power play and he hasn't had any power play time with the Pride.  One of his personal goals is to work his way up to getting some power play time.  One of his biggest improvements this season over last season was plus/minus.  He was at a -4 in season forty-seven, and improved to a +2 in season forty-eight, which I think is a testament to his improved performance on the penalty kill.  Lockhart is excited to continue to improve and hopefully the team will also continue to improve right along with him.  @Grapehead @tweedledunn

Code:

C - Viktor Marius
W - Bobby Sharp ®
W -  Lil Manius
D - Alexis Metzler
D - Slip McScruff
G - Cedric Moreau

With a total of 23 points in 16 games and a faceoff percentage of over 56%, Marius is a clear choice to center the top line on any fantasy team.  Not to mention, he leads his team in hits.  
Bobby Sharp would be my rookie pick.  Also from Buffalo.  He's only got 9 points, but he's got a +10 plus/minus and hasn't taken any penalties at all so far in playoffs.  
Gonna put Lil Manius on here just because I've gotta pick a Jets player.  Manius isn't the highest scoring, but he's a hitter and we're trying to rake in those fantasy points, right?  
I just picked 2 defensemen tbh.
Chose Winnipeg's goalie because he's got a higher save percentage and a lower goals against average.  

I'm gonna go ahead and give Winnipeg's defenders the slight edge here.  They're putting points on the board, they're throwing hits, and they're blocking more shots than the Buffalo defenders listed.  Though Buffalo has the advantage of having better forwards in front of them, I think Winnipeg has the advantage of having a slightly better goalie behind them.  I'm still not sure this is going to be enough to give the jets the win.  

Any time a team does consistently well, I think you've got to give a lot of credit to the GMs of the team for setting that up.  They've done all of the drafting, they do all of the behind the scenes work making lines, etc, and they're fairly responsible for keeping their team alive in terms of activity.  So well done WBF and Tomen.  Are you guys getting sick and tired of being tagged yet?  @WannabeFinn @Tomen

Just in terms of stats, I think the Jets goalie has the advantage.  His save percentage and his goals against average are better, however I do think the Buffalo goalie has a better overall team playing in front of him and I think the Jets goalie is gonna have to work harder because the Buffalo players aren't going to make it easy on him.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page