Create Account

S48 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 03:16 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: JM9liyA.png]

Congratulations to the Buffalo Stampede and the Winnipeg Jets who will face off here in the S48 Challenge Cup finals! The SHL is about to showcase its greatest individual event and you are apart of it with your contributions to this post! You will be paid in TPE which is earned by completing the tasks below. Each assignment will vary in TPE amount so please read each task carefully! You can earn up to '16' uncapped TPE . Feel free to do more than that, but you won't get the credit for anything over 16.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be done for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Stampede  Jets

Code:
CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

Code:
CW TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The SHL will honor this seasons Hot Potato award winners during a ceremony between periods of the challenge cup championships! Worried about thievery, bbjygm has asked for better security around the ceremonial potato. Create a graphical plan involving 2 players in the Challenge cup series protecting the Ceremonial Potato. Any Graphic should include those players renders and names, the ceremonial potato and wording describing the plan of action! (*Tag both players involved)

Code:
CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

Code:
CW TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The league is looking to its graphic designers for some series preview pics to sell at the games. Create a challenge cup preview graphic which should include 1 player from each team to represent their franchise! The graphic should also there name and renders, the current season, the television channel that the series is on and some hype wording on the series.

Code:
CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

Code:
CW TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

Code:
CW TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
In S43 it was stamps, in S45 it was coins... and here in S48 the leagues looking to sell Challenge Cup Commemorative Plates! The SHL Marketing department is asking you to design a Commemorative plate honouring the leagues most important series. Plate must include both team logos on it, the league logo, the season number and at least 2 head shots of players/GM's in the series with there names underneath them.

Code:
CW TASK 8: (Written, 3 TPE)
S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

Code:
CW TASK 9: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

Code:
CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)
CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

Code:
CW TASK 11: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
TASK FIVE: Eggy has asked that we make available some Finals-themed sigs to promote around the site. These Challenge Cup sigs should include one of the players playing in the finals. Must include player name, render, team color(s), and some mention or indication of the finals. (Render must be near or at 400x by 200x)

Code:
PodTask 12: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE)
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S48 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE!

Topics for this seasons Minipods are:
-Highlights of the S48 season (on or off the ice)
-S48 playoff round up
-S48 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
-Interview with any player in the finals (to talk about the finals)

Requirements:
1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=97840

Code:
CW TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
2. Name 3 players in the Winnipeg Hall of fame
3. Who was Buffalos's 1st round draft pick back in S34?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Additional Information:
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

'1' Welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Deadline: ***July 28 @ 10PM EST***

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

Contributions to this CW: Mike Izzy, @hotdog, @Rublic

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 07:29 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 1:

Both the Stampede and Jets have a quality group of young talent. Each one brings something different to their team and will hopefully be a big part in the future success of their team as well. In that crop of talented young players, I think there is one in particular that I would like to build my team around. That player is none other than Jets left winger Noah Gallagher (@fever95).

There are many reasons why I'm picking Gallagher. First of all, he was just drafted in Season 47 and already making an impact in the lineup. Second, He comes from an established and experienced SHL history. He's been training with some former SHL greats and hall of famers, like John McBride and Carter O'Callahan, which gives him a huge boost compared to other SHL youngsters. His skill set is also one that I would like my group to be around. He's a defensively responsible sniper, which is a two way threat you need to succeed in the SHL. Goal scoring is always the hardest thing to do and Gallagher can do that. He's also defensively responsible so you can throw him on the ice in any situation and he'll thrive. That's the player I want to build my team around.

(210 words)

Task 3:

Well, my second year of regression is done and so I enter the off-season. I had a very up and down season. The good was I finally hit the 20 goal mark in a season. The bad was I finished with only 41 points and was a minus for the first time since my sophomore season. I knew regression takes a hit on you, but I at least think I'm hanging in there.

After every season I meet up with my general managers (@Keygan and @"TommySalami") to talk shop. This year we're going to discuss a new contract as I am entering free agency. Before that though, we looked at my play and talked about the direction of my player and the team. I held down the centre spot once again and was a goal scoring threat and I believe that they want me to retain that role next season. I would like to improve on my play-making to make my teammates better and they agreed with that.

Next season, they expect to compete once again because our top guys are still producing, but we're also bringing in some young talent that will bring us more depth. They want me to continue to be a top player for them and I think we'll hash out a contract in the next little bit.

(219 words)

Task 5:

Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

Forwards - Viktor Marius, Hippo Passamus, Michael Scarn
Defense - Alexis Metzler, Gary Grease
Goalie - Cedric Robinson

I think this fantasy lineup is a solid one based on this post-season's performance. Marius and Hippo have been fantastic for Buffalo, putting up a combined 45 points in 16 games. Scarn covers the young player quota, but he's been great at centre for the Jets, putting up 10 points and a +6 on the second line. On defense, Metzler is still going strong and has been Buffalo's best with 14 points and Grease has been steady and balanced in every area, including physically with 33 hits. A formidable combination. In goal, Robinson has been fantastic this post-season, especially with his 4 shutouts. He's been clutch for Buffalo.

(108 words)

This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

I'm taking the Jets trio of defenders in this one. McClure III, Grease, and McScruff have combined for 19 points in 13 games and have played solid defensively as well, with all three sporting a positive plus/minus. They are tasked with playing more minutes and they also bring a slightly more physical game. The Jets trio takes a slight edge in this comparison and I think they'll shine brighter in the Challenge Cup Finals.

(75 words)

Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series. (*tag anyone involved)

While I don't think the Jets making the Challenge Cup Finals is all that surprising, I guess doing it against the Specters is the surprising part. The Jets have a really talented team, but there are a couple reasons why they made it to this point.

The biggest reason is usually the reason for most teams, and that's because of the play from their goaltender Cedric Moreau (@treant). Moreau has been fantastic, posting two shutouts and sporting a solid 0.937 save percentage. The man has only given up two goals a game, giving his team terrific support. The second reason is their depth, most notably their second line. Wagstrom (@StamkosFan), Scarn (@Trautner), and Blunt (@Gaia Mormont) are 1, 2, 3 in Jets scoring and killing their competitors on the ice. They might only be second line on paper. The Jets deserve to be here. No surprise in my eyes.

(144 words)

Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

Both Cedric's have been amazing between the pipes for their respective teams. There isn't much to pick between them, but I'm going with Buffalo's Cedric Robinson. Robinson has shown that he can carry a team to a Challenge Cup victory and he has done so in dominate fashion already. His numbers this year are ridiculous again. 2.19 goal against, 0.924 save percentage, and 4 shutouts. He's on fire and he's carrying Buffalo to the Finals once again. Moreau has been great as well, but I'll take the goalie who seems to love the post-season.

(94 words)

Task 12:

S48 CW Podcast - S48 playoff round up and S48 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown

Task 13:

PM'd

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 11:17 AM by JSS.)

Code:
Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task

Well, if I had to pick only one youngster to build my team around, I would pick none other than the great Pingy Pingu. His bonafide star player Lunga Gumba is the perfect player to build around. Pingy is the perfect leader for any team in the league. If he's on the ice, he's a leader. If he's in the locker room, he's a leader. My good friend Lunga Gumba will always show support and bring the best out of anyone. On top of being a really good leader, he's an great player on the ice too. Lunga Gumba has the highest scoring stat out of anyone in the SMJHL and if that isn't enough to tell you that he's an elite goal scorer that there's nothing else to convince you. Point is, Lunga Gumba and his oogley boogleys are generational talents and if anyone thinks otherwise they fight boomcheck for a 10x10 contract.

Code:
Pick up to 4 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher) and in 50+ words discuss your choices.

2. This series boasts an interesting matchup at the blue line between star studded defenders! Which includes Troy McClure III, Gary Grease and Slip McScruff from Winnipeg.. & Buffalo's Tatu Makela, Connor Tanner and Charles Walker.. which group do you expect will outshine the other and why?

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

4. Buffalo has made it to the finals in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Who or what has been a primary reason for the recent success of this franchise. (*tag anyone involved)

5. Both franchises come into the series with a hot Cedric! Between Winnipegs Cedric Moreau and Buffallo's Cedric Robinson which emerging netminder has the advantage over the other in this series?

2. Buffalo's p fucking good. Makela is a good defenseman you know but he's no fucking all star like Kristaps Ball. Connor Tanner is another good defenseman, but he's LR cancer and a horrible leader unlike the fucking GOAT Akashi SixNine. Charles Walker is the only good defenseman on Buffalo and just himself makes Buffalo better than the Jets.

3. Alright boys, there's 1 reason why the Jets made the playoffs and let me tell you. StamkosFan's very own Ola fucking Wagstrom. The man grinds for mock draft TPE and that 2 or 3 extra TPE he gets more than most is the sole reason Jets are in the finals. Thank you StamkosFan, from all the GMs.

4. Honestly, if it wasn't for drafting Lagerfield and Lavelle the franchise would've been fucking doomed. I'm telling you Mr. Augment, fucking doomed. Drafting both of these players who are very vocal in the locker room is the sole reason, because without the constant harassment to the GMs from these two when they were together, Buffalo would be nowhere near good.

5. Oh fuck yea bud, sit the fuck down Mike the man. I'm going to tell you about the great Cedric Robinson, a Detroit and Buffalo great. Robinson has been a top goalie since juniors so it's pretty obvious he's better than Moreau since Detroit > and being a Detroit GOAT means you are an SHL GOAT. Easy fucking math boys.

Code:
Ooof, you thought it was buried deep in cyberspace but sadley that social media post you wrote has re-surfaced during championship week and its being shared across the net. you were young and dumb! you werent a professional hockey player when it was written!... yet here it is and its time to deal with it. Provide us with that post! graphic must be done with a social media background and include your players pick, name and the wording that got you in trouble!

[Image: download.png]

Code:

1. What Buffalo Stampede player recorded a +28 which was the greatest +- number in franchise history?
4. When was the last time the Winnipeg Jets won the Challenge Cup Championship and who was it against?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#ACE of Base" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

sent @PT Director

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 11:08 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

CW TASK: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The SHL will honor this seasons Hot Potato award winners during a ceremony between periods of the challenge cup championships! Worried about thievery, bbjygm has asked for better security around the ceremonial potato. Create a graphical plan involving 2 players in the Challenge cup series protecting the Ceremonial Potato. Any Graphic should include those players renders and names, the ceremonial potato and wording describing the plan of action! (*Tag both players involved)
 -- @ToeDragon84, @CFJ

[Image: wuvSM8i.png]

CW TASK: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most of us S48 is over and now its time to sit down with your GM's for a season end review! talk to your GM's about what youve accomplished, what you are strong at, what you need to improve on and what would you like your role to be moving into S49. Task must be 150 words or more. (*Tag your GM’s)

Well coach, this is now my 12th season as a Dragon and 15th season in this league and tbh theres not much i havnt accomplished. Ive won titles, ive won awards and last season i reached some amazing milestones such as being named the best player in the world via the top 100 list. I was the first player in league history to boast 50 points and 200 hits in 3 straight seasons and i moved into the top 10 all time in total hits. I owe allot of that to you, from teaching me the ropes to always putting me in a position to succeed to handing me the keys and letting me drive this franchise. Moving into S49 i begin my path towards 15% regression.. i still have plenty of TPE so i suspect my role will stay the same. that said this Dragons team has some amazing talent and it wont be long before i move back to wing and prepare to hand the keys to the next guy.  --> @Steelhead77, @c00kies

Both teams in our challenge cup series come in with a healthy set of talented young players. if you were to choose a player from either teams SHL roster or there prospect pool with a (start date of S45, S46, S47 or S48) to build your team around, who would it be and why? What qualities on or off the ice make them 'that guy' and how do you think they would shape the image of their franchise? (150+ words and *tag any player involved in this task)

Theres a player in Buffalos farm system thats caught my eye and his name is Nicolaj Muller. The cousin of Michael Fischer who was a solid player in the SMJHL.... Muller has a bit more talent and seems to be built better for the rigors of the SHL. On the ice Muellers showing an advanced work ethic sporting a player build close to 600.. off the ice Mueller is great for the St. Louis community chiping in on his off days to work with the school systems to encourage kids in math and computers. Muller isnt an in your face type player but i believe he can be a leader by example at the next level. Buffalo has a ton of young talent and Nicolaj Muller is right smack in the middle of it. -- @esilverm

CW TASK: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: l2iACuI.png]

Note: Izzy was young and dumb back in school. My apologies to all promiscuous women who may have been offended by my remarks.

S48 was the season of the podcasts here in the SHL and with increased audio competition comes the fight for Challenge Cup advertising! HO has asked you to create an audio add for a "Buffalo/Winnipeg preview" script to be aired on the radio. Create a '100' word hype add and then choose which podcast it will be appearing on and in 50+ words explain why you chose that podcast to air the script. (*Tag anyone involved)

""The S48 Challenge Cup is a match of 'will' vs 'Skill' as 2 very differant teams cross paths on the leagues biggest stage! Comming in at long shot odds Winnipeg took all there moving parts and found a way to make it work. The youth of lil Manius, Slip McScruff, Ola Wagstrom and Nick Brain.. the veteran leadership of Jay Visser, Crossfit Jesus and Max Weber and the skill of a great defensive unit anchored by Gary Grease and Troy McClure III.  Winnipeg has shown a will to win as they somehow someway turned vinegar into honey.....Bufallo has been hoarding talent for the better part of the S40's and with alittle seasoning they have learned how to harness that talent into a very formidable unit. There were some high profile moves during this challenge cup season.. trading God McZherl, adding Connor Tanner... Tomen and Finn were tuned into what this franchise could do and not do.. and now they are on the cusp of a 2nd title in 3 seasons. So get in your seats and buckle up cause Will vs Skill is about to take place in our challenge cup championship series!""

This was not an easy decision cause there are some real talented podcasters currently on the SHL airwaves but ive decided that the above will appear on the Big Slappy Hour cause on the biggest stage it seems appropriate to have the biggest audio hosts premiering this script. Its like the way the NFL does it.. they highlight there announcers but come super bowl time its the best of the best and in the SHL thats Slappy and Bonk.

@Tomen, @WannabeFinn, @Troy_McClure03, @ToeDragon84, @CBear, @MWHazard, @CFJ, @FlappyGiraffe, @Troy_McClure03, @Bonk, @Scrufdaddy, @StamkosFan, @Slappydoodle

Task 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)

To be honest i think this goalie matchup is as even as can be. Both netminders are alittle under the top tier guys but both are quite talented with the ability to carry a team on there back for a period of time. But i'd like to shout out Cedric Moreau because his path to this moment has not been easy. Moreau was drafted by edmonton in in the middle of the 3rd round back in S39.. Buried behind some higher TPE goalies Cedric found his way to a starting role in Manhatten a few seasons in, on a team that at the time was deep in the woods and without the skill to support the young netminder. At the same time Moreau was emerging on the international scene for Sweden as their up and coming backstop, but the swedes added a franchise caliber goalie to the roster and Moreau quickly found himself riding the bench. With allot of moving parts Moreau found a job in Winnipeg on a team that wasnt expected to compete any time soon. But this is where the journyman goalie found his footing and rewarded those that believed in him with a 23-11 season and a .919 save pct...and then took part in a playoff run where he won 8 of 12 games with a remarkable 2.03 GAA! This is one of those unique player profiles that Izz.TV will one day make a show about. ---> @treant

Mike Izzy = 16 TPE

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 07:22 PM by 39alaska39.)

Task 1:
Cassius Darrow would be my player to build my future team around from the two teams that were left in the finals. I had the pleasure of drafting him back when he first joined the SHL, and built my SMJHL team around him whenever possible. His talents on and off the ice make him a role model for everyone who has had the pleasure to be around him as an individual. Off the ice, he’s an example to the player’s around him, first at the rink, last to leave. A real lunch pail kind of guy, except that he has a stupid amount of talent. But you don’t see him coasting on that. He’s working hard every day, every shift. He’s one of the best young players in the SHL, a total professional, captain material, and I think he would definitely be in anyone’s top 5 young players to build a franchise around, and for me, he’s probably number 1. @hhh81 WC: 160

Task 3:
My season this year was a vast improvement over S47 and a true bounce back year. After a career worst 27 points last seasons, I picked up a career best in goals and put myself back over 40 points for the third season out of the four SHL seasons that I’ve skated thus far. I think my biggest concerns as a player would be that I need to really hit the gym this offseason. I’m not exactly weak, but at 6’4”, 220 lbs, I should be a lot stronger than I am. I’d like to get stronger so that I don’t get knocked off the puck and I get use my frame to drive to the net and make plays as well as creating space to pass the puck and find my teammates more. After talking to my GM and new head coach this offseason, they agreed that my intuition was correct and that my strength was something to work on. @JayWhy WC: 161

Task 5:

2: The two defenses are both very strong, but I feel that Buffalo’s defensive corps is a stronger, more established group than Winnipeg’s. While Grease and McClure have both set themselves up as consistent studs in the SHL, Makela, Tanner, and Walker have been consistently good in the SHL for a longer period of time.

3: This might sound rude and I don’t mean to sell the Jets’ success short, but I think their run this season has been more than a little lucky. They’ve gotten above average goaltending from a mediocre goaltender, and their depth players are stepping up in a big way, something that any team going on a run needs to have.

4: It is hard to say that Buffalo’s success is due to anything less than the fact that they have a great team. They’ve got a great roster top to bottom, and I think that they’re a challenging team to defend against at any level and at any point in the seasons.

5: My money in terms of goaltending would be that Robinson is likely to remain as a more successful goalie than Moreau at this point in the season. Robinson having been there before will go a long way and his ability to stay calm and not let the moment overwhelm him will be important.

Task 9:
[Image: gmn2c.jpg]

Task 13:

PM Sent

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 04:45 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

Task 1:

While there is no wrong answer for this question as there is so much talent from those years, if it were up to me I would go with Cassius Darrow @hhh81 having an elite potential defender to quarterback all your breakouts is vital in creating a team that controls the puck on both ends of the ice. Darrow has a ridiculous amount of TPE for a guy who oly started playing 3 seasons ago and is ballin when it comes the his bank account which means he will stay competitive for many years to come . While his game still has not reached his full potential yet (I mean he is a S45 player, tons of rooms to still grow) I fully believe Darrow will have a very successful career and I feel he could definitely win some awards while he and the rest of his buffalo teammates attempt to recreate the cup run they just had this playoff season. (congrats again buffalo on a good win)

Task 3:

@Ace Well it was my rookie season with the wolfpack this season and while the potential of my game is crazy high, right now I am not the go to guy for the pack and my 291 minutes show that, however that is okay with me. I only spent 1 season in the minors after I was drafted and sat at around the low 400’s for most of the season TPE wise. It is so rare for a player with little time to become an impact guy. I still had the pleasure of registering my first SHL goal this season along with what was a close playoff push. The one thing that I feel is this was to be expected by both Ace and myself. This season was all about getting my feet wet and getting a taste of the competition level of the SHL. Training hard this off season, I hope to see the point totals climb to double digits next year (fingers crossed for 10) and I mean I did finish with the second highest faceoff percentage on the team, so at least it's good to see I’m doing something right out there.

Task 6:

I chose the center men position as my former player was also one. Back in the great era where the Scherbluk bro’s took the league by storm and were some of the most consistent bro’s in the league. It is my goal to try and replicate the fantastic career of my first guy and while it is very early in Boris’ career, I am trying to mold him into a similar player. A defensive play making center who can lead the charge. The only thing I could not do was win a challenge cup, here is hoping the wolfpack can fix that. I debating coming in as a goaltender since they win championships (or at least this is what West kendal taught us last season) and I also play as a goaltender in real life, but the market for goalies is so limited I decided becoming a center would provide more playing opportunities in the SHL.

Task 8:

It's the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in ma life! An SHL team, PLAYING ANOTHER SHL TEAM! (you ever see the “watermelon” vine? it will be a lot funnier if you look it up).

What’s the fastest thing alive? well the SHL finals are about to show us as the race for the cup is in the final stages! Can the speedy jets outrace the hustle of the stampede? The Stampede crushed some barracuda in a series that looked like it was too late for any surprises . Will they win another cup?!? Oh wait, what was that? I couldn’t hear you over the loud Jets! A team that some weren't sure could even reach the second round are back in the SHL finals! Jason Visser finally found the on switch and is soaring high in the sky during this run along with Cedric Moreau. No storm is too tough to navigate with these two. Let the battle begin and let’s see some SHL history unfold!

I want it to air on the slappy hour because I never actually listen to any podcasts, but I always see his title in the media, so if he’s putting out that many podcasts, clearly there must be some good content in them? Or at least I hope there is good content on it

Task 13: Sent

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 02:59 PM by jRuutu.)

CW TASK 1:

Both have great talent, but if I would have to pick one - I would pick Cassius Darrow from Buffalo. He is close to 1000 TPE and he is a defender. I think building from defense is never a bad idea and that is why I decided to pick Darrow here.

Got great hands and ability to find open sticks from anywhere, a crucial skill in today´s SHL where even one extra moment is the difference between a turnover or shot on goal, gotta find open players fast. Cassius is also excellent defensively, stays between the goal and his man - rarely out of position, which only shows that he has high hockey IQ. Darrow is not the biggest guy out there, but not the smallest either, he is a modern defender with size and also ability to skate, he has everything you want from a young defender who is going to be leading your defensive group for years and years. Best part - he is only going to improve as a player in the future!  @hhh81

CW TASK 3:

I joined the team around halfway point of the season, we played some great hockey as a team and I managed to play at a decent level as well. What was pleasing to me personally was the PP goals, I think getting those shots to the net is one of my strengths, so I will keep on shooting the puck and hope good things will happen. Another strong point in my game is the shot-blocking, I´m not sure what it is really, but the pucks keep hitting me and I´ll gladly eat them.

To add something to work on, I think overall strength levels could be higher, I´m not the strongest guy out there, I rely on my tremendous hockey IQ and smooths hands to get out of trouble, but at times I do struggle. I plan on hitting the gym extra hard during the off-season. Overall, a similar role as this year is more than fine, I get to use my strengths in the offensive end, but also help out in our end by blocking shots. (177) @Ace @hotdog

C - Viktor Marius
W - Hippo Passamus
W -Louie Garrett
D - Slip McScruff
D - Alexis Metzler
G - Cedric Moreau

So called second line of Buffalo makes it into my fantasy team, hell of a line and they have been killing it in the playoffs so far, Marius and Passimus with 20+ points and Garret at 18. In defense I have old and young combo, young McScruff has shown he is not afraid to play physically and Metzler has been excellent offensively - ideal pair in my mind. In net I have Moreu from the Jets, over 93% as a save percentage is great in the playoffs especially. (86)

This is a tough one, both have excellent bluelines as you can maybe guess since they are in the finals, but I´d give the edge to Winnipeg simply because they have more physicality in their defensive group. Grease and Makela both have 90 in checking, but then Jets take the win - McClure 3 and McScruff have 79 and 76 in checking when Buffalo´s next best D has 55, so bit of a difference there. (75)

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  

Excellent goaltending is perhaps the biggest one, when you look at the games Jets has played, 3 wins in the OT - that is not only glutch from the players who scored those goals, but also nerves of steel from Cedric Moreau. Two shutouts in the playoffs so far just shows how well Moreau has played. Team effort obviously, but you need to have hot goalie if you want to make it this far, Jets has that. (76) @treant

At this point every goal is huge, Buffalo has one of the better lines we have seen in recents years in their team, so Cedric in Jet´s net has the unfortunate task to try and stop them, but he has already shown what kind of goalie he is, couple shoutouts, multiple OT wins and 93% on the save percentage, BUT Cedric Robinson in Buffalo has 4 shoutout already and the mentioned hot offense in front of him, so I´d give the edge to Cedric Robinson, he has been great in all fairness and he has been here before. (98)

CW TASK 9:

[Image: m4nhawl.png]

CW TASK 13: PM SENT

= 16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 04:20 PM by Leppish.)

Code:

1. Put together a challenge cup fantasy team using the 2 teams in the finals as the player pool. This fantasy team must include at least 1 young player (S44 or higher).

Viktor Marius - Jason Visser - Lil Manius

Gary Grease - Tatu Mäkelä

Cedric Robinson

I'd choose these players to be on my fantasy team as it's a great combo of high end scoring talent, physicality and great defensive play. With a solid goaltender in Robinson. With Visser being really the only player in the lineup to play less physical but he's an offensive beast which will make up for the lack of hits.

I think Buffalos defense takes the cake here, despite not having McZehrl on their blueline their top-4 is still one of the best in the league. They play physical but also have elite scoring and passing ability that combines for an elite package, exactly what you want on your blueline if you wish to contend for the cup.

I feel like Robinson is the guy to go with here, he's shown in recent seasons that when the situation needs it, he can step up and singlehandedly steal games for his team and make up for any of the rare defensive lapses the Stampede have. He's a reliable started that any contending team would love to have.

Code:
CW TASK 7: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
In S43 it was stamps, in S45 it was coins... and here in S48 the leagues looking to sell Challenge Cup Commemorative Plates! The SHL Marketing department is asking you to design a Commemorative plate honouring the leagues most important series. Plate must include both team logos on it, the league logo, the season number and at least 2 head shots of players/GM's in the series with there names underneath them.

[Image: meRNQdH.png]

Code:

[Image: 7b4G3zR.png]

Code:

PM Sent

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2019, 11:04 AM by gordieboom.)

Quote:CW TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)

This one is pretty easy. I didn't have much contact with players from other SMJHL teams other than my junior team, the St.Louis Scarecrows. Both teams have a lot of good prospect but only a couple of former players from the St.Louis Scarecrows, so i can pick from a select group of players. From the Winnipeg Jets i would built a team around defenseman Slip McScruff @Scrufdaddy . He is from the S45 class and is almost hitting 1000 TPE. That signals that he is super active and my experience with him is that he was also a very nice guy in our locker room. From the Buffalo Stampede i would select left winger Nicolaj Muller @esilverm . He was selected in the S47 draft and is known for creating the super handy shl-scraper tool. Like Slip he has been the captain of the St.Louis Scarecrows. Actually he still is. Both Slip and Nicolaj earned the captaincy due to being very helpful towards the other youngsters. [

Quote:CW TASK 3: (Written, 3 TPE)

Before the season started the plan for Gordie was crystal clear. After a talk with our GM @Ace it was decided that Gordie would switch his role from being a pure sniper to a playmaker center. Primary reason for this decision was the fact that the team was missing pure playmakers. Also the team has some other snipers in the form of Herb Robert and Dick Clapper. We did have some talk about being a possible ROTY candidate, since Gordie would get significant playing minutes. He would start in the second line, but he could made the jump to the first line if our first line center (Enqvist) would get traded. The first 10 games went horrible though and the ROTY-award was thrown out of my head quickly. I believe Gordie collected only 2 points. One thing that contributed to that was the fact that Gordie did lose a lot of faceoffs, so that's what he mostly trained on during the season. As his faceoffs skill improved, his points total also gradually improved and Gordie ended the season with 9 goals and 12 assists. After Enqvist got traded, Gordie indeed played on the first line until management brought in another center (Christiansen). The role for s49 will be that of a second line center. Gordie likely is going to keep on improving his faceoffs skills aswell as getting a bit stronger.

Quote:CW TASK 05: (Written, up to 4 TPE)

1. I would just pick the best possible team using the results from last season, ie using my Fantasy Top Scorers list. Which would be: From Buffalo Stampede i would only select forward Viktor Marius. The rest of my fantasy team would be fiiled with players from the Winnipeg Jets, namely their goalies, defender Gary Grease and forwards Lil Manius and Jason Visser. Since the requirement was at least one young player, that spot would be filled by defender Slip McScruff.

2. Well obviously this is outdated now, because as of writing this the playoffs were already over, but if you compare the two lists, the Buffalo one is more experienced, so i'd pick them above Winnipeg at the moment. The Winnipeg Jets defense in my opinion is more talented though and should pass them not far in the future.

3. I think the main reason for this is the fact that Winnipeg has a great first line. That line consists of Jason Visser @ToeDragon84 , Lil Manius @Bonk , Crossfit Jesus @CFJ , Gary Grease @FlappyGiraffe and Troy McClure III @Troy_McClure03 . That line can really dominate when they hit the ice. One of the best in the league. Another factor i think helped Winnipeg in the playoffs is their grittyness among all lines. 

4. This doesn't come as a surprise to me. Buffalo has by far the most talented group of players, the best team in the league if you solely look at total TPE, so it is basically a team effort. If you have the most TPE, chances are higher that you make the playoffs finals every season. That said, obviously their management is doing a great job, since they also have a great prospect pool.

Quote:CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)

CHALLENGE CUP HISTORY reports will be viewed instead of commericals for those watching the series online! pick any previous challenge cup finals from before your current player's time in the SHL and in 150+ words talk about the series including who won and in how many games, and who were some of the better players in that series. [include link to archives]

Let's go back to the last season New England Wolfpack won the cup. That was 15 season ago in S33. The Wolfpack had a great regular season and ended it with 67 points in 50 games. They went into the playoffs as the number one seed. Here is the index to that playoffs: Playoffs S33. In the first round they beat the Buffalo Stampede 4-1 and in the semis they beat Toronto North Stars 4-3. The opponent in the finals were the Calgary Dragons who finished second in the regular season. This was the final everyone hoped for and got. Calgary took game 1 with an OT winner from Michael Boychuk. New England bounced back with two convincing victories (5-3 and 5-2). Both Mainio Makinen and Raven Silverwing scored a hattrick in those games. Calgary took game 4 with a 5-4 victory, but the following went to the Wolfpack again concincingly with 4-1 and 4-2.

Quote:TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

Mail sent

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 03:59 PM by Trautner.)

Code:

If I were to choose a player from either team's SHL roster to build around, it would be Ola Wagstrom of the Winnipeg Jets. Wagstrom is a former #1 overall pick in the SHL Entry Draft and has quickly risen to become one of the Jets' most important players. Wagstrom is a sniping winger, ready to strike at any moment and is lethal from close range with a quick wrist shot. Wagstrom is still very young and yet his talent is evident. Scouts around the league expect Wagstrom to eventually become the best player in all of the SHL. His clutch performances on the ferocious second line of the Winnipeg Jets has spurred the team to reaching the Challenge Cup, and he's undoubtedly a universally coveted talent in the SHL. Wagstrom truly is set to become the new face of the franchise for the Winnipeg Jets as longtime team captain Jason Visser begins his gradual decline. The Jets remain in good hands with Wagstrom ready to take up the mantle and dominate for years to come. @StamkosFan

Code:
Pick up to 3 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. My Challenge Cup fantasy team would feature Gary Grease as its top defender, the recently unstoppable Cedric Moreau tending net, Viktor Marius, Ola Wagstrom, and Louie Garrett as forwards, with Alexis Metzler at the back teaming with Grease. Ola Wagstrom is the young talent on this fantasy team, as he has really championed the Jets' second line, acting as the de facto captain of the line. Meanwhile, veteran talents like Louie Garrett and Viktor Marius are so dangerous and so prolific in front of the net.

2. I expect the defensive trio of Troy McClure III, Gary Grease, and Slip McScruff to get the better of the two teams of defensemen. The Jets' hard nosed trio have challenged and harassed opposing forwards for the entire season. Their physical style of play consistently disrupts the flow of play for opposing teams and most importantly is extremely frustrating to play against. Other teams tend to lose their discipline and tend to wear down when playing the Jets' defense. I expect their physically dominant playstyle to continue in the Challenge Cup and to be impactful.

3. The Winnipeg Jets' run to the Challenge Cup was spearheaded by goalie Cedric Moreau. Moreau has put together a string of unbelievable performances throughout the entire season. There is nothing better than a hot goaltender in hockey, and that has never been more evident than with Moreau on the Jets. Although experts confidently gave NOLA goalie Aleister Cain the advantage when comparing the two goalies in the Western Conference Finals, it was Moreau who had the much better series, stopping shot after shot on the WPG net. Moreau deserves all the credit possible.

4. Buffalo's success in recent seasons can definitely be attributed to an aggressive style of roster construction by @Tomen . The Stampede picked up top prospect Alexander Selich and also have added talents through the draft like Monkey D. Luffy and Bobby Sharp. The Stampede have supplemented their excellent drafting with veteran acquisitions, including winger Louie Garrett and defenseman Connor Tanner. The Stampede are always active in the trade market, looking to strengthen their team with every opportunity. Kudos goes to their General Managers for constantly staying hungry for success.

Code:

"The Challenge Cup is here. It is a clash between two historic franchises in the SHL. The Buffalo Stampede look to dry the ink on their claims for a dynasty stamp, while the Winnipeg Jets seek to recapture the Challenge Cup with a new squad and new era of skaters. Jason Visser against Louie Garrett. Viktor Marius against Ola Wagstrom. Connor Tanner against Gary Grease. DeMaricus Smythe against his couch. The only thing we know: there will be fireworks. There will be blood. Two teams. One goal. One cup. The Season 48 Challenge Cup is brought to you by Budweiser." I think that this advertisement for the Challenge Cup would air on @"cpetrella" 's podcast because it takes a subtle shot at that bum Blastmeaway who is now sitting on the couch after defecting to the New Orleans Specters from the Edmonton Blizzard. It would be perfect and it also is a pretty hype ad that I think would be fun to read aloud on his podcast.

Code:

In Season 44, the Winnipeg Jets were crowned champions of the SHL. They hoisted the Challenge Cup after a contentious 6 same series against the West Kendall Platoon. It was a high scoring series: a team scored at least 4 goals in every single game in the series, including an 11 goal thriller in Game 5. Forwards Zach Evans and Jason Visser were incredible for the Jets, leading them in scoring and points throughout the entire playoffs. Zach Evans was a playmaking genius, terrifying the West Kendall Platoon backline of Ludwig Koch Schroder and Sven Brokstad. Forward Dani Forsberg led the Platoon's front line, ironically a former Buffalo Stampede first round pick. The Jets ultimately prevailed in the deciding Game 6 by a scoreline of 4-1. Nicholas Williams, a young call up for the Jets, netted his first career SHL goal in the deciding game of the Challenge Cup. Jason Visser secured the first star in the clincher, in front of the home town fans, tallying an incredible 6 hits to go along with an assist in a dominant complete performance.

Code:
TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

Messaged

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 10:29 PM by Rublic.)

Code:

I would select Noah Gallagher @fever95 who was selected 12 overall by the Winnipeg Jets in the season 47 SHL Entry draft. Noah is a hard hitting two way player with a solid 200ft game. He provides grit and a strong work ethic and is a core piece of the Winnipeg Jets 3rd line and shutdown line. He allows his line mates to play with creativity and flair knowing full well that he has them covered if they were to lose the puck. As Noah is still young he still has time to develop his strength and fill out a little bit before he becomes a dominant force in the SHL. Once his muscled develop a little more I would compare his game to that of a former SHL legend in Carter O’ Callahan. I fully expect other teams to dread lining up against Noah Gallagher for many years to come.

Code:
150 words

Code:

Atlas Rush had a breakout season for the Halifax Raiders in Season 48. After being selected as the Captain for the Halifax Raiders, Atlas knew he had a lot of work to do to get the team ready for the season. It was his goal to change the reputation of the Raiders into a team that should be feared. Rush Improved on his 4 point performance in 50 games in his rookie season to 15 goals and 16 assists for 31 points in 50 games. He spent the entire season anchored in the first line Right Winger position shutting down the oppositions top lines. He brought a strong two way game to the offensive heavy raiders. Where Rush really took the league by storm was in the hit department. Opposition teams always had to account for Rush when playing the Raiders because the Hits would never stop coming. Rush finished the season at the top of the hits category in the SMJHL with 141 hits in 50 games with the next highest hitter landed 118 hits. While Rush had a great second season in the SMJHL he went a little cold in the playoffs during the Raiders Deep third round playoff run. While he wasn’t putting up points like he would have liked to he continued to play a strong defensive game. Only good things can come from Rush’s third season in the SMJHL as he tries to lead the Halifax Raiders to a Four Star Cup! @"Flareon4043"

Code:
247 words

Code:

Code:

Lil Manius
Noah Gallagher
Viktor Marius
Gary Grease
Tatu Malela
Stampede Goalies

I usually like to select players that get a lot of shots and a lot hits. This allows me to be consistant over the season as opposed to hoping my players get points. When my players do get points it is just an added bonus on top of the points I am consistently getting from the hits and shots category.

Code:
60 words

Code:

I believe while Winnipeg has the better top 2 defense that the Stampede have a better and deeper defense as a whole. Even though I believe the Buffalo Stampede have the better defensive core, in the end I still believe Winnipeg's offensive depth will be the deciding factor in the series.

Code:
51 words

Code:

The Buffalo Stampede do not have the most desired reputation in the SHL and I believe because of this the team has found difficulty luring Star FA to the Stampede. Because of this the Stampede Gm’s had to look towards the draft to build a consistent and strong team. They have a fantastic prospect pool of players who should help them a lot in the future and are still able to remain competitive in the playoffs. They are showcasing that late picks can still make significant impacts on SHL rosters. @WannabeFinn @Tomen

Code:
90 words

Code:

The battle of the Cedric’s is definitely an interesting one. Neither players are the star of the team but both have done fantastic jobs of keeping their teams in the playoff hunt. I believe that the Stampede’s Cedric Robinson has the edge in this bought due to the strength and depth of the Stampedes defense. If the Stampede can limit the acting Robinson faces I believe it will be pivotal in the Stampede’s Challenge Cup Hopes.

Code:
76 words

Code:
For those in the SMJHL, your job is to fine tune your game to be ready for a call up to the SHL. Part of that fine tuning is having to decide what kind of player you want to be. That can be a tough decision to make as it impacts your entire career! What made you decide on the position you picked? why did you choose your specific player template and talk to us about the type of player in the SHL that you would like your game to resemble. (must be 150+ words)

Atlas Rush’s goal is to develop into a Dominant Power Forward in the SHL. Priding himself on his shot, hard hitting and defensive play Rush hopes to be a nuisance for opposing players as they struggle to knock him off the puck. Other teams will have to keep their heads up while Rush is on the ice as he is mirroring his game to some SHL greats such as Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy and Carter O’Callahan . The Power Forward architype is pretty rare to find in the SHL nowadays but I believe plays a very important role in team composition. Rush’s first goal in the SHL is to be a strong on the puck work horse energy guy. He will not likely get much ice time in his rookie season so Rush will be looking to help the team in any way he can and throwing the body is only scratching the surface of Atlas Rush’s Potential.

Code:
155 words

Code:

Everyone hold on because you are about to experience 60 minutes of unadulterated Adrenaline pact SHL hockey talk. We are about to slap you in the face with hockey knowledge and statistics and his unfiltered opinions on the State of the SHL, the Growth and potential of the Calgary Dragons, and whatever else Slappy feels like throwing your way ***WARNING IT COULD BE SLAPS***. Featuring Potential guest stars from around the SHL and SMJHL, you never know who will spending an hour with Slappy. Answering any and all questions you throw his way getting into the cold hard issues that face the SHL and it’s players and General Managers. So lace up, get those pads on and come hit the ice with Slappy as the only way you can find out what happens in the Big Slappy Hour is to experience it. Keep an eye out for the next thrilling and captivating episode of… The Big Slappy Hourrrrrrrrrr @Slappydoodle

Code:
158 words

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 02:05 PM by jason97.)

Code:

For me, the player that I would choose between either two roster in the finals is Michael Scarn. Scarn was taken in the second round of the S46 SHL Draft, at the 27th draft pick. The fact that Scarn was taken so late in the draft is absolutely mind-boggling to me and to so many others. Scarn is the highest TPE earner from all players taken in that S46 draft, upon writing this task. Scarn quickly finished up his two seasons as a Colorado Raptor and was slotted immediately in a second line role for the Winnipeg Jets. Scarn had an impressive rookie campaign, where he scored 15 goals and 26 points. He then followed that up with a 23 point season this year. As the veteran Jets players continue to regress, Scarn will be able to slot right in to the number one center role in a few seasons and be the face of the franchise. On the ice, Scarn is a leader by example as his he lets his skills do the talking. Off the ice, Scarn is an incredible locker room presence. His maturity for a player off such a young age rubs off on the rest of the team. The Jets got an absolute steal in the draft and will likely be their center of the future. @Trautner

221 words

Code:

F - Viktor Marius
F - Hippo Passamus
F - Ola Wagstrom (S44)
D - Alexis Metzler
D - Gary Grease
G - Buffalo Stampede Goalies

These would be by selections for a fantasy team. Marius leads the playoffs in scoring and puts up a ton of hits so he has to be the number one option. Passamus doesn't get any hits at all but does play on the same line as Marius and produces well with him, therefore he is included as well. Wagstrom is my youngester and he led the Jets in points in the playoffs and will only get better, therefore he is my final forward. Metzler is an easy pick, is the most productive defenseman for the Stampede and blocks shots. My final skater is Grease because he gets more hits and blocked shots than Tanner. Finally, I believe that the Stampede will have the more wins therefore I would take the Stampede goalies.

132 words

I believe that the Buffalo Stampede's defensive core is going to outshine the Jet's core. I think that the Stampede have incredible depth on the defensive side and you could take all of their starting defense men and they could all play first line minutes. 5 of their 6 starting defense men are rated 78 or above while the Jets have only 3 and I believe that that is a big issue. Another thing is the offensive power that these Stampede defense men bring to the table. 4 of their defense men have passing attributes of over 90. I believe that the Stampede's unit will outshine the Jets in this playoff series.

112 words

On the forward side of the ice, I believe the reason the Jets were able to make it to the playoffs and the finals were Jason Visser (@ToeDragon84 ) and Lil Manius (@Bonk), who had a great regular season and Ola Wagstrom (@StamkosFan) and Michael Scarn (@Trautner) in the postseason. On the defensive side, Gary Grease (@FlappyGiraffe) and Slip McScruff (@Scrufdaddy) had both great regular seasons and post seasons, being the undoubtedly best defense men for the Jets this season. Finally, Cedric Moreau (@treant) had an incredible regular season and playoffs for the Jets and his heroic performances between the pipes is one of the big reasons they made it to the finals.

105 words

This is a tough one to call. Both Cedric's are 80 overall and are so close to each other. I would give the edge to Cedric Robinson of the Buffalo Stampede because he has a higher attribute in both Reaction Time, Size and Hand Speed. But Cedric Moreau does have a much better rebound control. Both goalies have a great agility and can both play the puck out of the zone. I just think Robinson gets the edge because he is on the better team.

85 words

Code:

After losing early in the SMJHL playoffs, I was contacted by my SHL GM telling me that he loved what I was bringing to the table and that he would call me up to the Winnipeg Jets for the SHL cup run. Even though I didn't get to touch the ice in the playoffs, knowing that the team was looking at me made me feel like I was on the right track in the minors. After playing center and right wing already with previous players, I felt as thought I only had one more offensive position I wanted to concur, left wing. After being a two-way player and then a sniper, I wanted to try out the offensive forward build and see how much offense I can get out of my guy. I want to be upon the leading scorers in the SHL with all the biggest names. One person that I would definitely say I model my game like is none other than Jets star Jason Visser. He doesn't get the that many hits but puts up a ton of points and that's exactly what I want to do.

190 words
Code:
CW TASK 10: (Written, 3 TPE)

The previous finals that I have chosen was the Season 44 finals, where the Winnipeg Jets found themselves up against the West Kendall Platoon. The Jets had to beat the Panthers and the Blizzard to make the finals and the Platoon had to get past the Steelhawks and the Chiefs. This finals ended up being 6 games, with the Winnipeg Jets being crowed champions after a 4-1 win in game six, with Maurizio Arrivabene scoring the game winning goal. The Jets had a stacked team going into the playoffs, with 11 players scoring over 10 points in the postseason. Some of the best players for the Jets in the playoffs included Zach Evans, Jason Visser and Max Weber, who all produced. Netminder Artom Zhumbayev had an incredible postseason finishing with a 12-6 record with a 2.67 GAA. As for the Platoon, Dani Forsberg, Trevor Wilson, Alex Light and Jon Ross all had a great playoffs but they just couldn't keep up with the immense depth that the Jets provided. Beaujeaux Biscuit finished the playoffs with a 10-7-1 record in his 18 games.

S44 Playoffs

182 words

Code:

Messaged.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 03:56 PM by esilverm.)

Code:
If I were to build my team around a player it would be Noah Gallagher. In his first season in the J he only put up 1 point in 50 games but that doesn't mean anything. In his second season he rebounded putting up 30 with third line minutes. He is a pedigree player who has a background in players who have made the SHL Hall of Fame. In this past season in the SHL he put up a total of 14 points and had exactly 100 hits. He is a very physical bodied player and is one of the best young two-way forwards in the league at this point in time. In these playoffs he has put up 3 points but in this league, anything can help the team get to the finals and this is exactly what he has done. I can't wait to see what he does in the future. @fever95

Code:

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

F – Viktor Marius
F – Louie Garrett
F – Hippo Passamus
D – Slip McScruff
D – Tatu Makela
G – Buffalo Goalies

I am being kind a biased with this team since it is mostly buffalo players, but I believe that the forwards are the best of the best. They have been incredibly dominant so far in the playoffs. Slip McScruff is a great S45 player and is one of the best of the best. Buffalo goalies op too.

I expect Buffalo’s elite d-core to shine through in this series. One name that has been emitted from the list of Buffalo’s d-men is Alexis Metzler. He has been going strong for so many seasons and to not see him named here is astounding. All in all, Buffalo’s defense is very strong and can be expected to win them the series.

4. I’m going to have to say the GMs have been the number one reason. The work done by @Tomen and @WannabeFinn is insane and in recent seasons they done some great things to ensure the franchise will stay strong for seasons to come. The team has the highest average tpe in the league and is genuinely over powered. I can’t wait to join this team when I move up to the shl.

5. Cedric Robinson is pretty good I guess. In the playoffs he carried a wild card team to the finals for the first time in SHL history so I’m going to go with him. However in the season Cedric Moreau had a higher save% than Robinson, Robinson definitely has the upper hand since he has a stacked d core in front of him.

Code:

At this point in my SMJHL career I believe my player is almost at his peak performance. For two seasons in a row, I have led the league in Points per 20 minutes on both the 3rd line and the 1st line. There isn’t much that I need to work on but if I can think of one thing it would be my skating. Right now my skating attribute is a bit lower than I would like it to be. Because of the SMJHL tpe cap I took points from it and applied those to my Defensive positioning in order to be on the ice at the right place at the right time. This tradeoff has benefited my player in more ways than I can count. Once I move up I will work with my GMs to find the best build for my team. This will insure greater success for both my player and the team I am supporting. Im a left wing because it is cool lol.

Code:

[Image: NvsVuXX.jpg]

I'm the king. no cap

Code:

Done

Total TPE done: 16

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019, 04:09 PM by ImShiny.)

Code:
Code:
Pick up to 3 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

3. Winnipeg making it to the finals was an unexpected surprise. What were some of the main reasons why this franchise was able to persevere into the leagues most important series.  (*tag anyone involved)

1A. My Fantasy team would include 
Left Wing= Lil Manius. Manius was able to get 54 points this season.
Center= Jason Visser. Has over a 50% on faceoffs and notched 60 points this season.
Right Wing= Nick Brain. A rookie who was able to get 28 points on the first line for WPG
Left Defenseman= Troy McClure III. Had over 80 shots blocked, 59 hits and 25 points. Also, CZECHIA IS BESTIA
Right Defenseman= Gray Grease. Had 32 points, 149 hits, and 69 shots blocked
Goalie= Cedric Moreau. Played 35 games and won 23. Had a GAA of 2.54 and 3 shutouts.

2A. I believe that the Winnipeg defense will be able to outshine the Buffalo’s blue line. Having a player like Troy McClurre III means you know what you are going to get. A solid defenseman who never screws up and gets his team points.  The Winnipeg defense has been contributing a lot on offense and is still able to be shut down on defense against any team they have faced. Winnipeg’s blueline was able to stop the high scoring NOLA offense and be able to contribute in critical offense moments

4A. I would have to give a lot of credit to the GM of Buffalo. @WannabeFinn has been able to assemble a team that can win not once but twice. He was able to keep key pieces on his team for a long time and get rookies that are able to produce in the SHL.

5A. Between the two goalies right now I would have to say that Cedric Robinson has the better advantage. Robinson has been playing out of his mind. Having recorded 4 shutouts in the playoffs already and having a 2.19 as a GAA. This shows Robinson is not fazed by the pressure of the playoffs and is able to stay to his game through critical games

Code:
Code:

Defense wins championships. Playing as a defenseman is a very important role and can be very awarding at times. Teams always need defensemen for when others go into regression or others become inactive.  Right now, Vent is looking to be a pass first two-way defensive man in the SHL. I wanted to make a two-way player to be able to be useful on both offense and defense. When first creating and building my player I had no idea what to do and made basically a defensive defenseman and a goon. After some time getting tpe I was able to transition into the two-way player type for offense. I know Vent is not going to be on the top pairing over any time and will most likely be on the 3rd maybe 2nd pairing his whole career in the SHL. That’s ok because he will be able to still contribute with points and playing a solid defense for his team.
Code:
Code:

Winnipeg and Buffalo who would have thought these two teams to meet in the finals. Buffalo coming back again for the 2nd time in 3 years. Makes you feel like they know how to play in the finals. Let’s not forget about Winnipeg who has taken on very strong opponents and has made their way to the final.  Both these teams had very strong seasons with Winnipeg finishing 4th in the league and Buffalo finishing 8th. Neither of these teams were clear favorites to make it to the cup but they pushed past all adversary and are ready to challenge each other for the cup. 

The podcast that will be airing the script will be the Oldman’s podcast with Jaywhy and Infidel. Both these two have been around the league a long time and are well known by the members. These two have seen many series in their time here and would be able to give some of their own opinions on how the series will play out.
@Inf1d3l @JayWhy

Code:
Code:

Season 38 was the last time that the Manhattan Rage won a cup final. In the final, the Rage was able to defeat the Calgary dragons 4-2 in a very close series. The Rage had a tough time going to 2 games 7’s before reaching the final where Calgary was able to coast into the final with a 4-1 victory and then a 4-2 victory.  Some of the key players for Manhattan in the final and in their playoff, run were Winston Windsor, Wyatt Wolker, and Jason Aittokallio. Windsor was on the first pairing for the Rage and lead the team in points with 18 throughout the playoffs. He was the captain of the powerplay and was able to still contribute on defense with 44 shots blocked. Wolker who was on the second pairing was another key player to the Rage’s success in the finals. Wolker was also able to notch 18 points and played many key parts in the Rage’s powerplay and penalty kill. Aittokallio was the goalie for the Rage and helped the Rage to win the cup. Aittokallio had a GAA od 2.24 and even 3 shutouts in the playoffs. These three pieces were some of the key aspects to the Manhattan Rage winning the cup in Season 38

Code:
Code:

Done

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 03:20 PM by Nerio.)

Task 1 (3 TPE)
I'm going to go with the player leading the S45 pack in TPE, Alexander Selich @Tomen. Selich talented two-way forward that achieves a balance of defensive responsibility and offensive prowess. His work ethic to continually improve is unmatched in his class, and arguably the top players in his surrounding classes too. In a few seasons, he's become one of the more reliable and consistent players on Buffalo even with limited ice time and virtually no special teams time. His current performance this playoffs is a preview of what he's capable of, scoring 14 points in 16 games with a +10, all while only playing a bit over 14 minutes per game. His regular season performance also hints at a breakout year soon, as he finished in the top 3 of Buffalo point earners when you normalize it for ice time (and again, without special teams time). Right now he's an essential part of the incredible depth that Buffalo has, and in a few more seasons I can see him being one of their top guys.

Task 3 (3 TPE)
@WannabeFinn @Tomen
Hey boss it's your favorite Bobby, Bobby Sharp. Looking back on my rookie year, I had some pretty bright spots and a few dark ones too. I felt like I used my opportunities well and had some clutch goals as well as upping my physical play to make an impact with more experienced guys around me. Something I know I need to work on is consistency; there were definitely stretches of time where I felt strong and put up a point in most games, but they usually be followed by stretches where me and my line would get smoked. I think towards the end there and so far in the playoffs though, things have really been looking up for us. We played a lot more sound in our own end and generated a lot of offensive opportunities too. I expect that next season I can do more of the same but with improved consistency which should yield improved results.

Task 5 (1 TPE)
2. This is definitely a tough one but I'm going to go with Buffalo. This is less of a reflection of the defensive opposition and more of the offensive opposition actually. Winnipeg definitely has the advantage in the physicality department, but I think that Buffalo's high powered offense this playoffs, which is averaging almost 38 shots per game, shows no signs of slowing down, and ultimately will be able to penetrate the Winnipeg defense better than Winnipeg's offense will do to Buffalo's defense.  

Task 9 (3 TPE)
[Image: Mxi5U7j.png]

Task 10 (3 TPE)
I'm going back to S35 where the Toronto North Stars came back from a 3-1 deficit to win the Challenge Cup in 7 games over the Portland Admirals. Toronto looked confident after dispatching the New England Wolfpack in 5 games the series prior, while it took Portland 7 games to get past Calgary. Game 1 was a rude wake up call for Toronto, where they lost 6-1. They bounced back in game 2 by putting up 6 goals of their own in a 6-4 win. Back to back 1 goal losses followed, including a 6-5 overtime loss in game 3. Toronto looked all but out of it and needed to change something fast after giving up 18 goals in 4 games. What happened next was a huge shift in defensive play - Toronto proceeded to only give up 5 goals in the next 3 games, none of them going over 2 goals either. Their strong play in their own end of the ice allowed them to win games without having to score 6 goals and is ultimately what helped them make the 3-1 series comeback. One of their star players that playoffs included Kristian Eriksson, who scored 20 points in 17 games, including 5 clutch game winning goals.   

Task (3 TPE)
PMed

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede