Create Account

Detroit Falcons Punishment
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 05:31 PM by TnlAstatine.)

08-21-2019, 05:29 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:26 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: should punish every single person to update manto since silver then. so @SDCore and @slothfacekilla too
Maybe I will........ Ninja

Except everyone else wasn't involved in the update that directly lead to Manto going over.

neither was silver? everything was right on the back end
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

08-21-2019, 05:29 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:26 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: should punish every single person to update manto since silver then. so @SDCore and @slothfacekilla too
Maybe I will........ Ninja

Except everyone else wasn't involved in the update that directly lead to Manto going over.

I feel like I was as involved as silver was?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

08-21-2019, 05:30 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:29 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: Maybe I will........ Ninja

neither was silver? everything was right on the back end
This exact spreadsheet was shown to me by multiple people and I discussed with them in detail how/why the offense was still made. If anyone has any further concerns about the issue you can feel free to PM me on here or Discord.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

08-21-2019, 05:34 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:30 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: neither was silver? everything was right on the back end
This exact spreadsheet was shown to me by multiple people and I discussed with them in detail how/why the offense was still made. If anyone has any further concerns about the issue you can feel free to PM me on here or Discord.

Fine the sheet 1 mil

Also fine Manto's parents 1 mil

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-21-2019, 06:43 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:34 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: This exact spreadsheet was shown to me by multiple people and I discussed with them in detail how/why the offense was still made. If anyone has any further concerns about the issue you can feel free to PM me on here or Discord.

Fine the sheet 1 mil

Also fine Manto's parents 1 mil

You'll be doing well to fine graves.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 07:20 PM by FinnRhys. Edit Reason: Corrected a spelling mistake )

08-21-2019, 05:30 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:

This is honestly fair if silver is getting punished for this.  

And really all I'm getting from this is if someone's update seems even slightly off to just reject their update

@slothfacekilla I actually don't disagree with the latter part. Reject our update if something isn't clear or looks wrong. It should be incumbent upon us as players to make sure our updates are accurate. Don't we have a format we are mandated to follow to help with clarity and decrease mistakes? Maybe having updaters start rejecting updates is the way to get the onus where it needs to be.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

08-21-2019, 07:18 PMFinnRhys Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:30 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: This is honestly fair if silver is getting punished for this.  

And really all I'm getting from this is if someone's update seems even slightly off to just reject their update

@slothfacekilla I actually don't disagree with the latter part. Reject our update if something isn't clear or looks wrong. It should be incumbent upon us as players to make sure our updates are accurate. Don't we have a format we are mandated to follow to help with clarity and decrease mistakes? Maybe having updaters start rejecting updates is the way to get the onus where it needs to be.

We will reject your update if the font isn't periwinkle

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-21-2019, 07:23 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-21-2019, 07:18 PMFinnRhys Wrote: @slothfacekilla I actually don't disagree with the latter part. Reject our update if something isn't clear or looks wrong. It should be incumbent upon us as players to make sure our updates are accurate. Don't we have a format we are mandated to follow to help with clarity and decrease mistakes? Maybe having updaters start rejecting updates is the way to get the onus where it needs to be.

We will reject your update if the font isn't periwinkle

How hard and fast are we on periwinkle? Would lavender suffice?

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

08-21-2019, 07:28 PMFinnRhys Wrote:
08-21-2019, 07:23 PMSlashACM Wrote: We will reject your update if the font isn't periwinkle

How hard and fast are we on periwinkle? Would lavender suffice?

You have been suspended for the rest of the season

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

08-21-2019, 07:31 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
08-21-2019, 07:28 PMFinnRhys Wrote: How hard and fast are we on periwinkle? Would lavender suffice?

You have been suspended for the rest of the season

Fascist!

08-21-2019, 07:18 PMFinnRhys Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:30 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: This is honestly fair if silver is getting punished for this.  

We do not currently have an enforced system for what updates should look like. Its funny you bring that up because this is something that has been on our radar for a little bit now and we have been discussing that.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

08-21-2019, 07:36 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
08-21-2019, 07:18 PMFinnRhys Wrote: @slothfacekilla I actually don't disagree with the latter part. Reject our update if something isn't clear or looks wrong. It should be incumbent upon us as players to make sure our updates are accurate. Don't we have a format we are mandated to follow to help with clarity and decrease mistakes? Maybe having updaters start rejecting updates is the way to get the onus where it needs to be.

We do not currently have an enforced system for what updates should look like. Its funny you bring that up because this is something that has been on our radar for a little bit now and we have been discussing that.

Straw poll of one, me, I would totally be in favor of a mandated format. If it makes updaters jobs easier and is easy for me to use without making mistakes then I'm all for it.

For some reason I thought the example in the "create a player" thread was mandated but I guess not.

08-21-2019, 07:49 PMFinnRhys Wrote:
08-21-2019, 07:36 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: We do not currently have an enforced system for what updates should look like. Its funny you bring that up because this is something that has been on our radar for a little bit now and we have been discussing that.

Straw poll of one, me, I would totally be in favor of a mandated format. If it makes updaters jobs easier and is easy for me to use without making mistakes then I'm all for it.

For some reason I thought the example in the "create a player" thread was mandated but I guess not.

The issue I have noticed is that some people are set in their ways and any slight deviation means the world is ending and if they can't update their way then we have obviously started a fascist regime aimed specifically at them. Just as an updater perspective there are a lot of updates where we try and work with people instead of straight our rejecting them for the week because we know that would suck. Nothing about that is required but the precedent with Silvers punishment above seems to enforce that as part of the job. If I can be fined for not mentioning that you did your math wrong(I think most of us do this unless we forget anyway), despite me putting the correct math in on our end and updating the player page to reflect it; then it feels safer to just reject an update.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

08-21-2019, 07:57 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
08-21-2019, 07:49 PMFinnRhys Wrote: Straw poll of one, me, I would totally be in favor of a mandated format. If it makes updaters jobs easier and is easy for me to use without making mistakes then I'm all for it.

The issue I have noticed is that some people are set in their ways and any slight deviation means the world is ending and if they can't update their way then we have obviously started a fascist regime aimed specifically at them. Just as an updater perspective there are a lot of updates where we try and work with people instead of straight our rejecting them for the week because we know that would suck. Nothing about that is required but the precedent with Silvers punishment above seems to enforce that as part of the job. If I can be fined for not mentioning that you did your math wrong(I think most of us do this unless we forget anyway), despite me putting the correct math in on our end and updating the player page to reflect it; then it feels safer to just reject an update.

I agree with the fact that the endgoal is to have a low updates rejection rate, I think we do everything to allow an update and being too rigid or strict on format when there is good will or a minimal effort done in the update would feel bad for everyone. I hope silver punishment doesn't become the norm because I think in the end the true losers of this would be users who would end up skipped for a week or even 2 if they make a little mistake. I understand a position must be taken in regards to punishment, I hope we (updaters) can continue doing our job being rigourous without having a whip waiting for us. I hope points brought up in this thread regarding the issue are taken into account regarding any further action taken in the future about updating, either on updater's side or player's side or both.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The big difference between Silver's update and sloth and SDCore who updated the player after he was already over the cap is, that silver could have actually stopped the whole situation from happening. Apparently he did input the correct tpe number in the sheet, but he didn't tell Manto that the amount in his update was wrong. This lead to the situation that Manto thought he could apply 11 more tpe to his build instead of just the 10 that would actually have been the case.

I don't expect updaters to check the build on every capped player they update, and even if one of them did, Manto would already have played several games with an illegal build.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath