Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!

Is there anything to talk about, really, now that you guys broke the record?

If New Orleans and Calgary face off in the playoffs (assuming my Panthers don't knock one of you two out), who do you have taking it all? Who do you think will score the most points in the playoffs?

Bonk, how do you like the Specters so far?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 10:11 PM by CFJ.)

Hey Slappy and Bonky, I recently did my 1st Fantasy Football Draft on Thursday in a 16 team league. I only started getting a little more serious into watching football for the past few years, so I felt like this upcoming season would be a good go around for Fantasy. Here's the team that I drafted yesterday in my first one on ESPN.

QB - Patrick Mahomes
RB - Phillip Lindsay
RB - Jordan Howard
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Jarvis Landry
TE - David Njoku
Flex - Larry Fitzgerald
D/ST - Rams D
K - Gostkowski

Also, what are your favorite Fantasy Draft experiences from previous years?

Edit: Have a couple more questions to ask you, especially Bonky getting the Insider Info from Slappy's son that I wanted Mahomes so Bonky picked him early. That's some houdini shit. And also Slappy have you been following the Big 3 league? Iso Joe Johnson putting the league on dust by his team running heavy Iso plays.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 07:10 PM by AlwaysGettingHaxed.)

First off congrats on the record guys, you showed that people with a lot of time and alcohol on their hands can get shit done.

Now onto the questions:

1. AGH Agency’s newest client, Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu, has just completed his first SMJHL season, where do you see him going in the golden S50 SHL draft?

2. What kind of future do you see for the Estonian winger?

3. How different is the SHL now from Zallerras Szlerchek’s time in the league?

4. How long should Kalevolaripaavo stay in the SMJHL before jumping to the SHL, as it appears one and done in the SMJHL is a thing of the past?

5. As I have been out of the loop for a long while now, who and where are players playing now? (I am too lazy to look this up).

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Questions for Bonk (cuz he's the tree guy, sorry Slap)

1. Is there one area you've done veg surveys that stands out amongst the rest in terms of how nice it was?
2. If you basically did a bunch of the same stuff I'm doing except years before me, what's life like on the other side? What do I have to look forward to?
3. Do you still work with plants and stuff? I think I remember you saying you don't use ArcMap as often these days?
4. Do you ever go out for walks or something and have someone (a friend/family member) just turn and say "hey, what's that plant/tree?"

Questions for Slappy (cuz I can't leave my man hanging)

1. How good is your plant knowledge?
2. Do you have any words of wisdom for SHL members who are struggling to keep their podcasts going? (I guess Bonk can answer this as well)
3. What kind of lab instructor do you imagine me being? The strict guy, nice guy, funny guy, etc. (Crap, I guess Bonk can also answer this, so the header before these questions was kinda pointless haha)

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

You, the SHL public, have a chance to grasp a piece of podcast immortality. Simply leave your inquiries and comments here and Bonk and I will handle the rest. The time is now.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Alright I asked Rich and Adam the same question but I feel like I can get a lot of different opinions on this and some great stories. With the recent drama between AB and the Raiders in the NFL it made me think, what is some of the best player vs team drama in the history of the SHL?

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Last week I asked what your favorite swear words were but, what is your favorite word?

Also what is the worst?

What is your favorite sound?

IF* (we could get into that later) heaven exists and you make it in, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

If your teams were to be eliminated, what team would you root for to win it all?

What members do you believe we underrated on the site?

Have either of you ever been to a whiskey bar? If so, thoughts?

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

Well first off before I get to the questions, I hope Bonky survives the Spectors-Jets series as it's probably interesting series for him. I'm also the midst of facing my former team in Junior with CrossFit Jesus in the St.Louis Scarecrows so you're not alone Bonk. Now onto the questions.

What do you think of your Week 1 matchups in the Dragons Fantasy Football League? On Thursday I had Aaron Rodgers and Tarik Cohen playing in a very low scoring Packers-Bears game. Cohen not doing very good, means I have to heavily rely on everyone else to do really good to beat Esa.

Also Slappy care to elaborate on Zeke's new contract? Do you think Cowboys *excuse me the Cowgirls* over paid for Zeke or paid Zeke the value that's he's worth?

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 02:43 PM by CFJ.)

Hey Slappy & Bonk, after defeating Tecmo Parm in Week 1 in the Dragons Fantasy Football League, I now go up against the Win-Izzys aka Izzy in Week 2. Pretty much running the lineup except with Shady LeSean McCoy running as my flex as the Chiefs are taking on the Raiders who are probably the laughing stock of the NFL right now. Saying that, what are your thoughts on your Week 1 preformance and your Week 2 matchup?

Also, this month marks the 40th anniversary of the WWE/F having the Intercontiential Championship being an active title. My question, who's your favorite Intercontinetial Champion of all time?

Last question, this more geared towards Slappy but Bonk can answer this too if he can think of someone. Who do you think in previous generations of the NBA would fit in today's league? I was watching a reaction video of Jason Williams aka White Cholocate reacting to highlights himself and come to think of it he could probably do really well in the current iteration of the NBA.

Code:

Code:

Do you guys typically listen to full podcasts or skip to subjects that interest you?

Edmonton vs. New England: Who's it gonna be for the title?

Do you listen to the Old Man Jokes?

Will there be a sweep in the finals?

Player on a team you don't play for that impressed you?

Your a FA and can go to any team right now for 1 season but if you don't win the cup you are forced to retire and lose all your money. Where are you going?

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 05:52 PM by Rich.)

Bonk! I asked Evans these questions too.

Winnipeg is getting a new GM soon. What is one thing you would tell the new GM they must do, and one is one thing you would tell them they must not do? Could be something big or small, but specific to Winnipeg.

Slappy!

I assume Esa doesn't plan to GM Calgary forever. How does one go about replacing Esa as GM of Calgary? Since it will be virtually impossible to follow a GMing performace like his, what do you think the new GM can do to make a name for him or herself?

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!